WBO Organized Play Rule Updates January 2020: αssault' BSC Ban, Tiebreak Updates

(Feb. 01, 2020  3:44 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2020  3:08 AM)Bersilus Wrote: Sorry for being out of touch for so long, why is accel ' and zephyr ' banned?

Accel and Zephyr are known to have really good tornado stalling capabilities (effectively making them mobile Stamina Drivers) and the super tight spring means that they only lose when they're KOed or when an opponent's raw Stamina is better than the Tornado Staller. Combos with high Stamina shouldn't be so hard to Burst, since they're meant to lose to Attack Beys.
I'm not familiar with burst classic but can't you use something like Atomic or Bearing?
(Feb. 01, 2020  7:29 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2020  3:44 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Accel and Zephyr are known to have really good tornado stalling capabilities (effectively making them mobile Stamina Drivers) and the super tight spring means that they only lose when they're KOed or when an opponent's raw Stamina is better than the Tornado Staller. Combos with high Stamina shouldn't be so hard to Burst, since they're meant to lose to Attack Beys.
I'm not familiar with burst classic but can't you use something like Atomic or Bearing?

Both are banned.
(Feb. 01, 2020  7:31 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2020  7:29 PM)g2_ Wrote: I'm not familiar with burst classic but can't you use something like Atomic or Bearing?

Both are banned.
Why though?
(Feb. 01, 2020  7:36 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2020  7:31 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Both are banned.
Why though?

Kind of obvious. One has great stamina and the other has great defense.
(Feb. 01, 2020  7:38 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2020  7:36 PM)g2_ Wrote: Why though?

Kind of obvious. One has great stamina and the other has great defense.
Then why aren't they banned in the regular competition?
(Feb. 01, 2020  7:31 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2020  7:29 PM)g2_ Wrote: I'm not familiar with burst classic but can't you use something like Atomic or Bearing?

Both are banned.

Only Hasbro's Bearing is banned because it's too tight.

(Feb. 01, 2020  7:40 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2020  7:38 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Kind of obvious. One has great stamina and the other has great defense.
Then why aren't they banned in the regular competition?

There aren't as many things that can counter Atomic in Classic as in Standard. In Standard, you can use a lot of things to out-LAD Atomic, but most people would be using Atomic on Right Spin combos in Classic, meaning that only Dragoon S, Dragoon F, and Dragoon V combos with high LAD can consistently outspin it, which is rare because Hasbro Bearing is banned, no one uses TT Bearing, Xtend+ is banned, and Dragoon F isn't used on Destroy very often.
(Feb. 01, 2020  7:47 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2020  7:31 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Both are banned.

Only Hasbro's Bearing is banned because it's too tight.

(Feb. 01, 2020  7:40 PM)g2_ Wrote: Then why aren't they banned in the regular competition?

There aren't as many things that can counter Atomic in Classic as in Standard. In Standard, you can use a lot of things to out-LAD Atomic, but most people would be using Atomic on Right Spin combos in Classic, meaning that only Dragoon S, Dragoon F, and Dragoon V combos with high LAD can consistently outspin it, which is rare because Hasbro Bearing is banned, no one uses TT Bearing, Xtend+ is banned, and Dragoon F isn't used on Destroy very often.
I understand.
(Feb. 01, 2020  3:05 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2020  2:54 PM)The Rex Wrote: When are we getting the ruling for the Big Bang armor btw?

Permitted on Genesis and Regalia layers by default.

Thanks for the info
Nice clarifications and rules! Great job on these new changes!
(Feb. 01, 2020  3:05 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2020  2:54 PM)The Rex Wrote: When are we getting the ruling for the Big Bang armor btw?

Permitted on Genesis and Regalia layers by default.

wait, arent genesis and regalia the same thing?
(Feb. 10, 2020  7:34 PM)Quiqui 23 Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2020  3:05 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Permitted on Genesis and Regalia layers by default.

wait, arent genesis and regalia the same thing?

I think he means BigBang Genesis and Regalia Genesis.
(Feb. 10, 2020  7:38 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2020  7:34 PM)Quiqui 23 Wrote: wait, arent genesis and regalia the same thing?

I think he means BigBang Genesis and Regalia Genesis.

ah makes sense, so what about apocalypse
Argh you pedants are upsetting me. Editing it.
Y is assault banned like come on kei boi
(Feb. 18, 2020  3:55 AM)Tybalam318 Wrote: Y is assault banned like come on kei boi

Illegal
αssault'

Recent events have proven αssault' to perform similarly to the banned Accel' and Zephyr' Drivers.
Then why is accel’ and zephyr’ banned?
(Feb. 18, 2020  4:07 AM)Nik P. Wrote: Then why is accel’ and zephyr’ banned?

I believe it has something to do with its tornado stalling movements while preserving it's own stamina: simply put, high stamina dash drivers
(Jan. 29, 2020  5:38 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2020  5:34 PM)MagixG Wrote: I personally don't see the reason for banning the spin change of Master, as like Legend Spriggan, the way the bey attacks is completely changed from and upper attack to a smash attack. I guess I can kind of understand, but I believe that Master and Legend should be unbanned due to their angles being changed as opposed to Sr, CZ-S and LS being essentially straight and not really changing anything other than direction.

You can change the spin direction to give you the advantage to the opponent, which is unfair.

then they should get a bey that can change spin direction too IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT!! if someone has a very strong bey and the other person doesn't it's their fault for not getting any strong beys
(Feb. 26, 2020  7:56 AM)Okster Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2020  5:38 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: You can change the spin direction to give you the advantage to the opponent, which is unfair.

then they should get a bey that can change spin direction too IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT!! if someone has a very strong bey and the other person doesn't it's their fault for not getting any strong beys

You aren't seeing the bigger picture here. If someone could change rotation mid battle, they can change the way the battle ends. Using dual rotation would be like bringing a gun to a sword fight. Some people CAN make it into the high ranks of tourneys with what they have. So instead of saying "it's their fault for not having strong beys", respect those who get by with what they can get, not with the top tier parts.
(Feb. 26, 2020  7:56 AM)Okster Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2020  5:38 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: You can change the spin direction to give you the advantage to the opponent, which is unfair.

Busy is right here. Just saying "It's fine because everyone else can get it" just doesn't work. It's something done to prevent a part from causing an issue of some variety, especially in deck format matches where you can only have 3 beys. You shouldn't need to have 3 dual-spin beys for that just so your opponent can't screw you over while you have no chance to retaliate.
Hi I'm new if xtend+ is banned is xtend banned? Cause if it's not I have a xtend and I like it quite a bit.
Xtend is not banned, Xtend+’s mode changing ability’s are far superior and more overpowered than Xtend’s so that’s why it isn’t banned in BSC