WBO Organized Play Rule Updates August 2019: Lord Base Rotation Switching

A short but necessary update given the various queries about this topic.

Outlined below is an important new ruling addition, update, and clarification to a WBO Organized Play rulebook and the Organizers' Guide. View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Updates Overview
  • IMPORTANT: Burst Format: Lord Base Spin Direction Switching Restrictions

Burst Format Updates

[Image: LayerBaseLord.png]

IMPORTANT: Lord Base Spin Direction Switching Restrictions
Effective immediately, the Lord Base's spin direction may not be changed between rounds within the same match. This impacts the use of dual-rotation GaTinko Chips with this Base, such as Spriggan.

While our Burst System rulings permit one mode change via disassembly per match for Burst Layers, we feel that the ability to do this with Lord has a high potential of upsetting the balance of the metagame. As such, we've decided to bring it in line with our previous ruling on Spriggan/Spryzen Requiem and Cho-Z Spriggan/Turbo Spryzen S4.

The Burst System rulebook has been updated in accordance with this:

Quote:An exception to the rule regarding mode changing for parts which require disassembly (see Gameplay Appendix below) is the Lord Layer Base. Players must select the mode of Lord - if applicable - during the Beyblade Selection phase, before showing it to the judge for inspection. After submitting their combination for inspection, they may not change the mode for the duration of the match.

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.
Thank You @~Mana~! This spin direction change update was definitely needed!
I was just about to order mine but now it’s not worth it I am going to go order a hasbro legend S
eeeee still good in my opinion with atomic
(Aug. 20, 2019  6:11 PM)Hyper xeno Wrote: I was just about to order mine but now it’s not worth it I am going to go order a hasbro legend S

Go to a Barnes and Noble in Myrtle Beach. They have wave 2 Wink.
Worth noting that this was always the intended ruling and, to my knowledge, the events held over the past weekend had this rule in mind. Given our Requiem and Cho-Z rulings, I think most assumed this was going to be the case, haha.

This rule really doesn't hugely hinder Lord though; it's still very strong, haha.
It's heavier than CZS, trades non-guaranteed burst stoppers for guaranteed Burst resistors, and also comes with a ton of good parts. Plus, you can't seriously tell us you wanted it just to direction switch midround. That was never going to fly and you know it.
(Aug. 20, 2019  10:27 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It's heavier than CZS, trades non-guaranteed  burst stoppers for guaranteed Burst resistors, and also comes with a ton of good parts. Plus, you can't seriously tell us you wanted it just to direction switch midround. That was never going to fly and you know it.

The tabs on my Lord Base are already worn down lol. I probably need to get a painted 0 to squeeze out a bit more life out of it, but it's still pretty tight with the Valkyrie and Longinus Chips.
(Aug. 21, 2019  5:42 AM)Sal3m0nda Wrote: A good tactic died today

There was never going to be direction-changing Lord Spriggan. The "tactic" of using Legend Spriggan and its Hasbro counterpart to be able to switch directions between rounds is still available.
I meant for lord alone my spriggan requiem still is aloud to i know that
(Aug. 22, 2019  12:41 AM)Sal3m0nda Wrote: I meant for lord alone my spriggan requiem still is aloud to i know that

Requiem is not allowed to do that. Only Legend.
Probs cause lord and requiem have rubber
The meta would absolutely be broken if you could switch modes mid battle because there's nothing that can counter it both spins. At my recent tournament I was able to counter Lord with Zwei as the perferd spin was left. I ever countered it with aH acsidently with it's first use being to counter Zwei.
Have we considered just implementing a blanket rule against direction switching mid-battle? Yes, it would make it so that Legend Spriggan is even less useful than it already is. However, there's not really a good reason to permit it for Legend Spriggan either. Just blanket ban direction-switching mid-match, it was a sneaky and deceptive maneuver even when it was allowed. Instead of having to make ban exceptions for it on one, two, now three layers.
I'M STILL ORDING MINE! (Cause of all the great combos it can make and all the great parts it comes with!
i mean even in some tournaments in japan i think you can do and it also appears in the anime so
I still have a bad feeling Lord is going to find a way to end us all. Either that or people just go with the usual combos.
and then we found out about venom and erase and we oofed
This seems pretty fair i have lord my self and i still wouldn't care i use it with the achillies gatinko chip so it's cool
FlameDan yummyturkey2002 Free just salty about Spriggan

jkjk
are you talking about me or in the anime and if anime which one