WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts

(Jul. 25, 2011  9:12 AM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: Canada has tournaments like every 2 weeks

For much of this year we've had only one tournament each month, if not, two. The only real exception would be the Anime North weekend at the end of May. And besides, I have not participated in four of the seven Toronto tournaments since May (excluding PND! and HND!).

(Jul. 25, 2011  9:12 AM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: and besides, who does Kei actually have to give him much of a challenge over there? No one apparently at the moment if he has been winning so much.

This is absolutely not true, there are numerous strong Bladers here in Toronto. A large portion of my continued success this year can be attributed to luck; I've won countless very close matches because of that luck. Yes, in some respects I do "create my own luck", but nevertheless, I have been fortunate in more situations than I can count.

I take every match I play seriously because I know that the moment I underestimate someone, I'll lose. Everyone has something to offer me, and I feel as if it would be disrespectful to not heed that and give a 100% effort. Though I may have been winning most of my matches as of late, do not take that as an indication that the Bladers in Toronto are not competitively challenging. You couldn't be further from the truth.

It is incredibly unfair of you to denigrate the entire Toronto community as you just have, and I hope you realize that.
Honestly, I don't know if it's just me, but I hate when people who don't have much experience on this site use top tier combos. They just SPAM top tier combos. I was watch a tourney from London a while ago, and it was completely SPAMmed with Basalt and Hell. It annoyed me. Maybe it's because I don't have an Attack Stadium right now, or because I haven't been in a tourney at all, butit feels like it's losing its spontaneousness, if that makes sense. I just feel as though I don't want to come to the next tourney and know what to expect. It makes it boring.
(Jul. 26, 2011  3:22 AM)th!nk Wrote: It's just you.

Meh, thought so.
If people at my tourneys use carp I try and teach them a bit, or at least hint that they have better parts. :\

I like to see people using good beys. We share the combo's for a reason.
I like to see people using good beys, but I don't want to see it over and over and over again in the same tourney. I am sure that people could try and PM somebody if they don't have an Attack Stadium, and ask them to test a combo. If there is enough logic behind it, I'm sure it's work.
The point is, these people only use the known top tiers. The best bladers usually use new combo's that counter those.

And believe me, there is a lot of chance involved in spinning tops. Logic can't account for everything.
(Jul. 26, 2011  3:30 AM)th!nk Wrote: The point is, these people only use the known top tiers. The best bladers usually use new combo's that counter those.

And believe me, there is a lot of chance involved in spinning tops. Logic can't account for everything.

Your right, I guess. I would just like to see a bit more "creativity".
That is why plastics are so much better, much broader metagame.
(Jul. 26, 2011  3:33 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Your right, I guess. I would just like to see a bit more "creativity".

Perhaps competitive Beyblading isn't for you, then? In a competitive situation, it's not about being "creative", it's about using what will give you the best chance to win. Experimentation is important, but someone who wants to win will never bring that experimentation to a tournament untested.

And besides, there is much more involved in Beyblade than just the combos you use.
(Jul. 26, 2011  3:52 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2011  3:33 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Your right, I guess. I would just like to see a bit more "creativity".

Perhaps competitive Beyblading isn't for you, then? In a competitive situation, it's not about being "creative", it's about using what will give you the best chance to win. Experimentation is important, but someone who wants to win will never bring that experimentation to a tournament untested.

And besides, there is much more involved in Beyblade than just the combos you use.

What I meant was not something completely new and untested, but something that hasn't been completely revealed. But I completely understand your point.

Anyways, I hope my tourney gets approved!
(Jul. 25, 2011  9:59 PM)Dan Wrote: Bluezee doesn't put words together that way. (that might sound retarded.) Knowing this, I don't need a response to my PM, huh? lol

Hollow; thats really not required. As Cee-Lo Green might say...

Touche. Anyways, Toptiers or Creative customizations or not, still fun. And what's the harm of noobs using top-tiers? If they don't got skill then what's the worry? Although the battle would be boring, I prefer experienced , fun, skill based battles...*mind trails off*
(Jul. 26, 2011  3:52 AM)Kei Wrote: asomeone who wants to win will never bring that experimentation to a tournament untested.
I do!
I try to use things that people don't know about, though I test them quite thoroughly beforehand.

Ugh, gotta organise a second MFB tourney, as I promised. I think after that I'll take a break, from MFB tournaments at least (might do a plastics one if Hidden Spirit AR's are legalised).
Not the place to discuss it, but yeah, I still don't understand why it's illegal.

Also, hopefully soon, I'll have a Takara Tomy Attack Type Stadium to host a tourney, I have enough people I believe. Gotta read up on that rule book, gotta make sue I know it all.
(Jul. 27, 2011  4:23 PM)th!nk Wrote: I try to use things that people don't know about, though I test them quite thoroughly beforehand.

Ugh, gotta organise a second MFB tourney, as I promised. I think after that I'll take a break, from MFB tournaments at least (might do a plastics one if Hidden Spirit AR's are legalised).
Take a break after you host five events so you can get a Metal Face. :p
Eh, I don't have the energy or money to host them as often as I have been, and before I host the next tourney after this one I want to sort out making TT beys available to Perthians. After I do this MFB tourney and a plastics one I'll be at 4, so I'll probably have a metal face by the end of the year.
I think our upcoming events list is just as big as Beydays now. We need to have more events like these!
(Aug. 29, 2011  2:42 AM)All Gen Blader Wrote: no Hasbro stadiums Gasp

Also referred to as : "no horrible, uncompetitive stadiums in a competitive game Gasp"
I just noticed that all of my tournaments sound like Mario Party minigame titles.
I Think I Could Really Pull Of A Team Tournement
(Oct. 12, 2011  2:12 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I just noticed that all of my tournaments sound like Mario Party minigame titles.

Lol, that's OK, most of my titles sound like flyers for a renaissance festival... Wink
But that's cool though!

I was thinking of reviving Midnight Mayhem for New Year's. Have an all day event in Times Square and start the tournament before the ball drops. Have the final battle be counted down by the entire city.
(Oct. 12, 2011  3:29 AM)Deikailo Wrote: But that's cool though!

I was thinking of reviving Midnight Mayhem for New Year's. Have an all day event in Times Square and start the tournament before the ball drops. Have the final battle be counted down by the entire city.

Hah. That sounds awesome! But how much cash would it take to get Carson Daly to say "Let it Rip!"?... :p