WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts

i really ment the Arise Spring Cherry Blossom Arise Tpurnament i got Cruished and i was saying a see both points as first tournament murdered but i wanted to do better and as a aexample i got to 6th round in Blademore because of my loses i did better i guess but it hurt bad to lose its a good for a all horrible for once vs a Xtreme bad once Good for all by all i mean later on
(May. 25, 2011  11:44 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 25, 2011  8:04 PM)Deikailo Wrote: At the Yankee Invansion: First Wave, I won my own tournament. At the end of the tournament, I was scolded for winning. The two mothers told me that "judges always win" and that "there is a bias". If I don't advance far in a tournament, then I'm seen as week among you guys.

I understand why they might be upset, but what did they expect, that the judges of a tournament would be crappy Bladers?

I won my beydays tournament and the guy I beat in the final looked gutted when he lost. His reaction when I told him that I couldn't win my own prize was priceless. This seemed to keep the parents happy and it made the day end on a really high note.

(May. 25, 2011  11:55 PM)Cyber Blader Wrote: Anyway, I'm hostage my first tournament Saturday. I've been going over all the rules and have been advertising as much as possible. Does anyone have any advice on how to make the tournament as good as it can be?
Read my thread. It gives you a really easy way to make pairings for round robin even if you have odd numbers
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Tourname...-LOOK-HERE
MONEY NO WALLET!!!! XD

(i just wanted to get that out of my system)

Oh, btw, I live in america and i was wondering where i can get "non-hasbro" beys like mercury anubis and killer beafowl. So far I've been buying from amazon so... any help here?
(May. 31, 2011  1:49 AM)Phoenix Write Wrote: MONEY NO WALLET!!!! XD

(i just wanted to get that out of my system)

Oh, btw, I live in america and i was wondering where i can get "non-hasbro" beys like mercury anubis and killer beafowl. So far I've been buying from amazon so... any help here?
This doesn't have anything to do with organized play.
Bey day sucked for me lost my first match of self Ko Launched weak on purpose so no self KO then sliding shoot fail
some of the matches were decent 3-2 against a midnight combo poor kid i launched out then launched as weak as the mad wheel but i went a little faster and his combo is dead for one of my matches i hatyed it was 2-2 and on last match they didn't ask if i was ready and had only attached my bey at 2 barly launched on time not sliding shott self ko lost 4 won 3 ot was fun though i have a fracture in my foot NOTE DON'T WARE SANDALS ON BEYDAY
1.lost stupid launch
2.win Bdaichi old school vs l drago
3lost not ready
4.Win
5.Win sorry midnight guy
6. Lost Galaxy4ever basalt anti-meta
7.Lost Aurapeo basalt 230
As of right now, Blitz literally has 1337 Beypoints.
(Jun. 03, 2011  2:23 AM)Deikailo Wrote: As of right now, Blitz literally has 1337 Beypoints.

Ha, I didn't even notice until I read this, It's a good replacement to World No.1! (Congratulations Kei!)
EDIT: My bad. Someone was at 1337 and #1, though, I thought Uncertain

Also, what Kei (and others) said back there has pretty much convinced me to host a tourney here... Kinda cool
(Jun. 03, 2011  9:05 AM)Blitz Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2011  2:23 AM)Deikailo Wrote: As of right now, Blitz literally has 1337 Beypoints.

Ha, I didn't even notice until I read this, It's a good replacement to World No.1! (Congratulations Kei!)

Congratulations Blitz ! You're officially an elite.
Over here in Melbourne we're trying to host more tournaments to try and keep up with you in points. ;]

And when I won my Beydays tournament I gave the prizes to other winners instead of keeping them. Only seemed fair. Grin
carp, well you guys can get Beypoints, but in the large city that is L.A., we can't even get 1 tourney. I want to be in the rankings and winning stuff. You know what this means? I'm moving to Deakailo's neighborhood, I wish.
(Jun. 04, 2011  12:05 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: carp, well you guys can get Beypoints, but in the large city that is L.A., we can't even get 1 tourney. I want to be in the rankings and winning stuff. You know what this means? I'm moving to Deakailo's neighborhood, I wish.
The nearest active blader to me is IKMV and it's an hour drive to get to him if I don't get lost.
(Jun. 06, 2011  9:25 PM)RAW Wrote: Is it me or has anyone else noticed Kai-V being more nicer lately...maybe she has found a man xD
Or maybe she's actually become more social because she has interacted with the users offline and has gained a greater familiarity with the Beyblade community.

She's actually not as intimidating in real life as she is online. She's extremely pleasant, fun, and easy-going.
At my next touney im going to start making players who are borrowing a blade from me pay a £4 deposit. They get the £4 back when I get my blade back providing its still in decent condtion and they have not wrecked it.

I think this is a reasonable thing to do as i've had plenty of blades go missing at tourneys and loaning them out is mostly to blame.

I would like to hear some opinions on this.
Wow, you actually loan out blades to people? That's pretty cool. It's disgusting that people take advantage of that, but yes, I'd definitely make people put a deposit down for them. Plus, a record of who borrowed it, so you can point it out afterward/mention it to the WBO, even.
I only loan parts to people I can track down afterward or parts I don't particularly need (I.E. FS, ES, etc.)

However, if you know their usernames and what they took, it's considered stealing and they can be banned until they return it. A main reason why I love hosting tournaments in a store is I can kick people out on the suspicion of theft rather than actually nailing them for it. Same works if someone owes me money. I just tell them "oh, you're still able to participate in WBO events and this one, too, but you can't set foot inside the store" and being the only host for NYC for the longest time, they knew they were screwed otherwise so they would pay up.

Evidentally, this ended up solving a lot of problems for us in the community as long as we could put a face to the theft.

Basically, nobody tries to screw around at tournaments because they know I will ruin their chances of Beyblading again and I make that very clear. I want my tournaments to be a positive experience for everyone as much as possible.
Carrying on from Uwik, Deikailo, and my discussion in the Rule Clarifications thread, as I figure this is a better place.

As long as my tourney goes well, I will likely host more tourneys in future. Considering a system of selling TT beys considering there's lots of demand and no supply, but I have many considerations to make there (being the careful person I am, I'd probably take orders beforehand (up to a certain date), buy the beys and then make the exchange at the tournament. IDK yet if I'll add a tiny middlemans fee or not, depends how much risk I'm taking I suppose. Probably at least do a "no extra fees" promotion at the start, see how it goes.

Deikailo: That co-operation with the store owner sounds amazing. I don't think there are many places out this way that would really support that, for beyblades at least. They're only sold by major chains, and most game stores are too busy with Warhammer or whatever to bother about spinning tops.
If AqualiaFTW didn't bring his friend and let him use his Lightning tank, I would have won 3rd place! And i hate rev up launchers.
(Jun. 20, 2011  4:13 PM)th!nk Wrote: Carrying on from Uwik, Deikailo, and my discussion in the Rule Clarifications thread, as I figure this is a better place.

As long as my tourney goes well, I will likely host more tourneys in future. Considering a system of selling TT beys considering there's lots of demand and no supply, but I have many considerations to make there (being the careful person I am, I'd probably take orders beforehand (up to a certain date), buy the beys and then make the exchange at the tournament. IDK yet if I'll add a tiny middlemans fee or not, depends how much risk I'm taking I suppose. Probably at least do a "no extra fees" promotion at the start, see how it goes.

Deikailo: That co-operation with the store owner sounds amazing. I don't think there are many places out this way that would really support that, for beyblades at least. They're only sold by major chains, and most game stores are too busy with Warhammer or whatever to bother about spinning tops.
Thats why Sundays work out pretty well. You have to make Beyblades profitable to them somehow. If they can make a decent amount off of you in a few hours, they would be very open to testing the waters so to speak.
I see. But stores won't open on sundays, due to local laws, and yeah, they can't profit hugely off beyblades, sadly, as they can't stock them (hasbro has deals with only the few major chains. Even some of the endorsed hasbro dealers (the supermarket where I work), don't stock them, it's stupid).

Anubis: A lot of people are sick of the RUL. What specifically happened with it?
Just a thought; considering now WBO is reimbursing the tournament prizes. Wouldn't it be nice if they can provide the prizes for tournaments?

Ie:
8-15 attendees : choices of certain beys
15-30 attendees : choices of better beys
30 + : even better prizes.

all can be shipped to the winners or the host to be distributed (to save shipping cost). I mean, they can buy the prizes in bulk, and would be much cheaper too. That way, the host can just worry about gathering as many attendance as possible, locations, and fees. The attendees cant really complain about not-cool-enough prizes and what not. It'd be set in stone, and can be changed as new beys are released.

Attendees will be inclined to bring in more friends to get the number of participants up to get the better prizes and such.

well, would be interesting no?
They're reimbursing now? I did not know that (or wasn't sure how it worked). I'm happy to pay for the meagre prizes for my tourney, though.

Still, I'd make 15-30 "Wider Choice of Beys". Maybe some cheaper "rare-ish" stuff, and recent releases. I'd like winners of 8-15 to be able to get something nice, as many tourneys don't get over that mark, and Basalt Horogium isn't too pricey, for example.

Of course, the WBO's funding must be kept in mind, for sure.
well, like all things, there's always a balance. I mean optimistically, WBO would generate more tournaments, more members, more passports, more donations, more contributions, more discussion etc. WBO would also get a decent 'partnerships of some sort' with bey suppliers.

But yeah, the downfall, would be if it grows too fast, then the hard and well deserved earned funds would depleted even faster.
The WBO generally reimburses around 1/3 of the amount collected, but according to Kei, it depends on "how he feels" since he is the treasurer.

I think it would mean that if you are producing a significant amount of funds consistently, he will allow for a larger reimbursement. For example, the WBO generates around $100-200 per New York tournament before prizes. I don't normally have prizes come from the WBO funds because the store fee covers prizes so when I did ask for extra prizes for Beydey, he let me.
I see. Well, that's good. I understand why that system works.

Well, apparently we're doing well enough now to have monthly bey-draws, so yeah, that's pretty neat.

Man, that store set up you have is amazing. I really can't get over that :0
It really helps because when someone with a lot of Beyblades wins, they have the option to buy something that is not Beyblade related instead of getting duplicates. For example, I won a Wii on Beyday.

I'm really happy about that. It's a great idea! Now I can advertise that when I try to convince someone to buy a passport.