WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts

Well then, the Reshoot clause was already useless. He should've invoked it at the beginning of the round.
So it's a case of shoulda coulda woulda didn't.
How long was the match though ...

Arupaeo knows what happened obviously, but you two should not have been so quick at jumping to conclusions ... There are many variables still unknown.
It wasn't an instant KO or a gattayaki, and the beys made a couple of revolutions around the stadium before his bey was knocked out, but the discussion afterwards certainly took much longer than the event itself.
We always make it exceptionally clear that the Reshoot Clause may only be invoked immediately after a detected mechanical failure, so if the match was longer than four or five seconds, then he is simply out of luck.
So you had a copy of the Rulebooks and you shoved it in his face ? It should not have gone any further than that.
We pulled out the rule book, but there was no shoving.

Galaxy4Stars is a great blader and a great guy. He made his case, I made mine, all of the other judges were there (except Jon who had to go) for the discussion to make sure that everything was analyzed properly, and in the end the judge of the match (Tech) made her ruling in conjunction with the other judges.
What case did he have when the rules clearly state that it must be invoked right after launching.

Plus, if he is still upset about it and that he thinks it was an unfair, wrong decision, obviously something is wrong in this story.
(Jan. 22, 2012  3:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote: What case did he have when the rules clearly state that it must be invoked right after launching.

Plus, if he is still upset about it and that he thinks it was an unfair, wrong decision, obviously something is wrong in this story.
Well, what Arupaeo saying is true, though, each side shared their opinion(Galaxy&Aru), and the judges talked about it, then Tech made her final decision. The main point is in my eyes, is that he did not call the reshoot cluase within 5-10 seconds after the accident occurred. He also had changed his original statement from, "my launcher handle slipped" to "my beylauncher gears slipped/broke".

Facing Arupaeo so it was 2-2 I took the hardest L
Launch then about 1 rotation it got stuck then I pulled harder and I slipped my hand like a full launch

This was what was said from the phone. I have others too but I don't want it time get too personal.
If he did not call it right after the launch (2-3 seconds maximum), then it is simply not accepted, and there is no room for any more arguing, and definitely no debating.
(Jan. 22, 2012  4:11 AM)othellog Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2012  3:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote: What case did he have when the rules clearly state that it must be invoked right after launching.

Well, what Arupaeo saying is true, though, each side shared their opinion(Galaxy&Aru), and the judges talked about it, then Tech made her final decision. The main point is in my eyes, is that he did not call the reshoot cluase within 5-10 seconds after the accident occurred. He also had changed his original statement from, "my launcher handle slipped" to "my beylauncher gears slipped/broke".
I clearly said "reshoot clause" right after my launcher but my throat got all dried and breaking up and wasn't clear for judges to understand until i really have to clear up my throat and say it after 5 second of my Self KO accident.

Tech decision was to start all over as Arupaeo said "No" for no Re do or anything...Judges can control the match not the blader decision witch can cause problem/confusion with the judges. If judge 'WANTS" to re do everything or the round we can't say yes or no or anything accept want judge wants and move on and not complain about it.

Besides my launcher did "Skipped" after my hard pull and slipped as it was "malfunctioned" either i have to pull couple times to straighten the gear out or switch to a different launcher with same materials witch i would've done that after that reshoot clause that i called out for the first time.....

Kai-V why should I be upset over this reshoot clause issue if i'm having a sore throat even dried or froggy as im trying to explain the problem or my statement. I "clearly" understand the rules about reshoot clause, if I launched my beyblade and my launcher was skipping or got stuck and the beyblade is spinning in the stadium and called a reshoot clause due to Skipping/string stop/broken launcher yes I can get a reshoot clause from malfunctioned launcher/technical issue

Also why should we give 2-3 maximum to reshoot clause? i rather give it a 2-5 second rarely little kids that doesn't even uses reshoot clause for his entire beyblade tournament life should give them some slack then following the whole strict rules to little kids about reshoot clause
Five seconds is way too late, it does not fit the "immediately after the launch" category if you really know how long seconds are. Beyblades can easily have done two, even three rounds around the stadium at that point.

How come nobody here, not Arupaeo, nor J o n, mentioned that throat problem ? Did you make it clear at the tournament, because it seems that either nobody remembers it as being a big arguement point, or nobody saw you actually having problems with your throat.

Has this part of the finals been filmed at all ?

By the way, little kids probably have no idea how the Reshoot Clause should really be used, and they probably think you can say "mislaunch!!" at any occasion.
(Jan. 22, 2012  5:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Five seconds is way too late, it does not fit the "immediately after the launch" category if you really know how long seconds are. Beyblades can easily have done two, even three rounds around the stadium at that point.

How come nobody here, not Arupaeo, nor J o n, mentioned that throat problem ? Did you make it clear at the tournament, because it seems that either nobody remembers it as being a big arguement point, or nobody saw you actually having problems with your throat.

Has this part of the finals been filmed at all ?

By the way, little kids probably have no idea how the Reshoot Clause should really be used, and they probably think you can say "mislaunch!!" at any occasion.
I mentioned that to Arupaeo, J o n knew from the beginning of the tournament

Final was never flimed i only flimed the 1st part with J o n

Little kids....Yes they have launching issue they should know the rules about reshoot clause but i would give the other blader a point and tell that blader that mislaunched his/her bey to keep it in the center of the stadium not outside of the stadium and it works if they don't understand i would have to give them a demonstration to have them understand not to move there launcher and keep it still and have there Right Arm move then the left arm

I think giving a 5 to 2 second is a good idea we cant think and beyblade the same time all we doing is finding ways to beat our enemy then our launcher and stuff.

Suppose you said 2-3 second maximum? Where is that coming from? I don't see anything about second or an idea how "immediately" you want to call out in rule book please be more descriptive then just this and that and having no clue on how fast or immediately you want them to go, in my description immediately sounds like 2-5 second mark then 2-3 maximum besides 2-3 second sounds too much for kids to handle they cant think fast like math such as 1+1 is 2 or 3x4=12

Galaxy, I did explain to you prior to that that it must be immediately. If you can't speak, at least make some sort of hand gesture and then explain the hand gesture later.

However, it is a known fact since as far as I can recall that sometimes the gears (maybe threads?) Of the beylauncher can cause an unusual amount of excess tension and "catch" on launch inside the launcher, causing the players hand to become slightly unstable from that in the process. Arupaeo was adamant that this could not occur and must be user error on galaxy's part due to the way he launchers, however, galaxy had shot like that throughout the whole tournament and this was the first occurence. How I ended up explaining it was he should have called reshoot before the ko could happen, even if it meant calling it before the beyblade fell of the launcher.

Arupaeo, you have to understand that you can't tell your judge what to do either or push them. Their call is final. As the host, it's your responsibility to select judges appropriate for every battle. There is a reason why a host cannot judge their own match and sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet based on the judge's call. For example, in Blademore back in May, Deikailo vs. Billyblast. The score was 2-2 and we had a double KO. I was in a split second longer than Billyblast and Othellog saw it, too. Otsu called it a tie and even though the two of us knew it wasn't, I had to keep my mouth shut because Otsu was the judge, not I. As a host, you have a certain amount of influence over your judges that you cannot in the slightest use in your own matches. I realize you were just trying to make things fair and play by the book, but you have to select your judges accordingly. I would recommend tierring your judges for that (like how I asked for Othellog to judge my matches because he can spot double KOs).
(Jan. 22, 2012  6:52 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Galaxy, I did explain to you prior to that that it must be immediately. If you can't speak, at least make some sort of hand gesture and then explain the hand gesture later.
However my brain wasn't functioning correctly due to my fever i'm getting caught up i couldn't do anything but try to speak my lungs out

Edit:I have to agree to Dei you cant push a judge with your decision as a host witch is called abusing your powers as host shutting down a judge isn't respectful at all Tech said we should re do the whole thing and call 0-0 THAT was her decision not yours obviously you cant say no to every judge that calls his/her calls cant be decided as it was wrong
(Jan. 22, 2012  7:03 AM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2012  6:52 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Galaxy, I did explain to you prior to that that it must be immediately. If you can't speak, at least make some sort of hand gesture and then explain the hand gesture later.
However my brain wasn't functioning correctly due to my fever i'm getting caught up i couldn't do anything but try to speak my lungs out
But if you're not in a condition to Beyblade, you should just not compete. It's entirely your decision to play if you have a fever, just like it was my decision to play with only 6 hours of sleep over the course of 2 days. You can explain that to everyone as a reason for your poor performance (not for nothing, you got 4th with a fever so still a damn good job), but we can't give you a handicap to you for that because you showed up voluntarily.
I was in a fine condition until the finals witch i couldn't think damn straight but lose 3 times over 1 and won 3 and lost 1 so everything is equal....
The point is, you decided to play with a fever, and not prepare in case you had issues signalling a reshoot clause.

That is entirely your responsibility, and frankly, if you had a fever, you shouldn't have been attending a tournament anyway at risk of getting other bladers sick.
(Jan. 22, 2012  7:19 AM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote: I was in a fine condition until the finals witch i couldn't think damn straight but lose 3 times over 1 and won 3 and lost 1 so everything is equal....
You can ask for a minute or two to relax a bit and gather your focus. It's ultimately your responsibility to take care of yourself and make sure that you are as functional as your equipment. This goes for every game and Beyblade is no exception. My advice is to accept your losses and redeem yourself next tournament.

However, I think that the way that situation was handled was messy. A judge's call is a judge's call and it should be accepted as is. A judge's job is to do more than just observe each Beyblade to see who is the last one spinning inside the stadium, but rather, they need to know the rules and all solutions to each potential problem. When I walked into the room after my phone call, it looked like an argument with Tech just sitting there not knowing how to handle two (older) veterans going through every technicality. It's not fair to her or to anyone else if both players try to overstep her ruling.
(Jan. 22, 2012  7:30 AM)th!nk Wrote: The point is, you decided to play with a fever, and not prepare in case you had issues signalling a reshoot clause.

That is entirely your responsibility, and frankly, if you had a fever, you shouldn't have been attending a tournament anyway at risk of getting other bladers sick.
He wasn't coughing at all, but his voice was raspy. I don't think he was contagious.
What I'm hearing is that everyone was in some way mistaken in their method of handling it, but the point is that the responsibility was entirely on Galaxy4Stars.

Is this correct? I do not want a long series of paragraphs, just a simple yes or no.
(Jan. 22, 2012  7:33 AM)Hazel Wrote: What I'm hearing is that everyone was in some way mistaken in their method of handling it, but the point is that the responsibility was entirely on Galaxy4Stars.

Is this correct? I do not want a long series of paragraphs, just a simple yes or no.

You won't get a single simple answer. Here is the shortest summary I can offer:

Galaxy says he tried to invoke the clause but his illness meant he couldn't clearly say "reshoot clause", though hit did say something to that effect, it wasn't intelligible, apparently, and none of the judges heard it. I would be interested in hearing what they heard, but either way, I think this whole thing is unneccessary, what is done, is done, and the judges decision is pretty much final.
(Jan. 22, 2012  7:33 AM)Hazel Wrote: What I'm hearing is that everyone was in some way mistaken in their method of handling it, but the point is that the responsibility was entirely on Galaxy4Stars.

Galaxy was in the right to call a reshoot clause, but he was delayed in saying it. If this was his first or second time playing in a tournament, anyone can see the delay to be potentially acceptable, but he's a veteran player and should be able to express that there was an equipment failure immediately by any means necessary. I had also explained this to him earlier in the event.
Alright. I'd already read through all of it, I just wanted to re-check what I had read. Thank you.

I do understand the difficulty associated with a potentially-hindering illness, Galaxy4Stars, but you did not properly compensate for your affliction, so there is no reason that this ruling should not be carried out as it was during the event. That is my personal opinion on the matter.
(Jan. 22, 2012  7:36 AM)Deikailo Wrote:

Galaxy was in the right to call a reshoot clause, but he was delayed in saying it. If this was his first or second time playing in a tournament, anyone can see the delay to be potentially acceptable, but he's a veteran player and should be able to express that there was an equipment failure immediately by any means necessary. I had also explained this to him earlier in the event.

The bolded sentence should bring an end to this discussion entirely.

By the way, Galaxy4stars: in future, I would suggest waiting until you are calm to consider the situation before allowing friends to bring it up. I know from experience that making these kinds of arguments with a head full of steam is a very bad idea. I am sorry that you lost a match due to illness, but yeah.