WBO Organized Play - Public Tournament Data Archive [We need your help!]

Hi !
Unfortunately I won't be able to do this soon.... I have my final examz and a looottttt of studies from various different courses ..
It may take December to complete all the stuff if I get time.. I will try to give it a shot before that
Hopefully that's fine

(Jun. 12, 2015  1:54 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: Hi !
Unfortunately I won't be able to do this soon.... I have my final examz and a looottttt of studies from various different courses ..
It may take December to complete all the stuff if I get time.. I will try to give it a shot before that
Hopefully that's fine

Hey @[ashton pinto]. Hmm ... we're definitely going to need them before then unfortunately. Unhappy I would say by September or so is most likely. If you have a couple hours between now and then to browse the WBO, I'm sure you can find the time to get these done by then, right? Also, remember that you could always ask some other people in your community (or on the WBO) to help you out as well.
(Jun. 13, 2015  12:29 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2015  1:54 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: Hi !
Hopefully that's fine

Hey @[ashton pinto]. Hmm ... we're definitely going to need them before then unfortunately. Unhappy I would say by September or so is most likely. If you have a couple hours between now and then to browse the WBO, I'm sure you can find the time to get these done by then, right? Also, remember that you could always ask some other people in your community (or on the WBO) to help you out as well.
Ah well yes.. Then I will definitely try them out
I'll try to do mine within the next few weeks.
(Jun. 13, 2015  2:15 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: Ah well yes.. Then I will definitely try them out

(Jun. 13, 2015  1:04 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I'll try to do mine within the next few weeks.

Thanks so much, guys!
I sent results of MFB format of THE FROZEN WOLBORG to @[Kai-V] via email
Please let me know if i filled the details correctly ?
(Jun. 17, 2015  9:16 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: I sent results of MFB format of THE FROZEN WOLBORG to @[Kai-V] via email

Hey @[ashton pinto], thanks. I just had to delete some of the extra sheets that weren't used (like the PLA and HMS winning combos sheets), update the formatting for the results text (it wasn't Verdana 8pt), but otherwise it was pretty much perfect!

I've also just posted a link to the results here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Mumbai-I...pid1268318
Been unexpectedly busy so once I can free myself up soon, expect my Excell results. Tongue_out
(Jun. 27, 2015  10:37 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2015  9:16 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: I sent results of MFB format of THE FROZEN WOLBORG to @[Kai-V] via email

Hey @[ashton pinto], thanks. I just had to delete some of the extra sheets that weren't used (like the PLA and HMS winning combos sheets), update the formatting for the results text (it wasn't Verdana 8pt), but otherwise it was pretty much perfect!

I've also just posted a link to the results here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Mumbai-I...pid1268318

Yes cool! I will check it
Everyone, @[1234beyblade] is working on the Zero-G Winning Combos sheet, and @[Mitsu] is working on the one for Plastics.

@[The Supreme One], have you been able to make any progress on Standard?

Please feel free to message any of these three to offer your help if you are free. If you collaborate, we can get this done quicker!
(Jul. 05, 2015  12:57 AM)Kei Wrote: Everyone, @[1234beyblade] is working on the Zero-G Winning Combos sheet, and @[Mitsu] is working on the one for Plastics.

@[The Supreme One], have you been able to make any progress on Standard?

Please feel free to message any of these three to offer your help if you are free. If you collaborate, we can get this done quicker!
Unfortunately, I've been a bit preoccupied lately & haven't been able to make much headway aside from what I did last month. If anyone else wants to work on Standard right now, feel free; I'll let you all know if I'm interested in working on it a little more, later this summer.
(Jul. 05, 2015  7:36 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Unfortunately, I've been a bit preoccupied lately & haven't been able to make much headway aside from what I did last month. If anyone else wants to work on Standard right now, feel free; I'll let you all know if I'm interested in working on it a little more, later this summer.

That's fine! Thanks for the work you did put in; I really appreciate it. @[Wombat] actually mentioned to me earlier that he might be able to help out with it. I know you can't post here Wombat, but let me know if you're willing to take over for The Supreme One.
I made to page 103 of the Winning Combinations list after like 9 hours of being on my computer. My goal yesterday was to complete it before the end of the day though I ended up getting lazy.

Right now, there are only a few missing holes which I'll post about when complete. I should be done in around the next 20/30 minutes.
The Standard Format Winning Combinations spreadsheet archive is now complete! Big thanks to both @[The Supreme One] and @[Wombat] for their hours of work to get this done. It was probably the most daunting of the archives that needed to be completed. View the updated public tournament data archive here:

WBO Organized Play - Public Tournament Data Archive
View & Download it Here
To download: File -> Download As -> Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)

There was understandably several holes given the long history and popularity of Standard Format, and the submission of Winning Combos not being mandatory years ago also contributed to this. I doubt we'll be able to fill in many of these, but if somehow anybody has any of the missing data or can find it, please feel free to let me know and we can update it.

From what I understand, @[1234beyblade] has had to take a bit of a break on the Zero-G sheet for now, so anyone, please feel free to reach out to him and see if you can pick up where he left off for the time being.

edit: @[Mitsu] also just submitted the Plastics Format Winning Combinations sheet! It has been added to the archive in the link above. Thanks again for all of your help.
ATTENTION ALL ORGANIZERS:

Just a reminder that we are still looking for help with the following:

(May. 11, 2015  2:59 AM)Kei Wrote: We need your help!
Here's what we need your help with right now.

1. Updating the Tournament List
Uwik was the one who first put together this list, but it has not been kept up to date since August/September of last year as you can see.

Today I went through the Official Events forum and compiled a list of all of the tournaments currently missing from the list:

WBO Tournaments since August/September 2014 (Click to View)

I've discovered that there was a few tournaments that Uwik missed adding to the list, so there are some that actually come before the latest ones on there right now (like London, UK: UK Revival Jam on September 20th, 2014).

Before I add these to the list however, we need to determine the total participants and total battles played for each one (besides the Upcoming Events, of course). I'm hoping that anybody who has access to the results for these tournaments could help me come up with these values.

2. Re-submit tournament results from Aug 2014-Apr 2015 using WBO OP Results Spreadsheet Template
We need the results for each tournament that has taken place since August/September 2014 to be re-submitted using the new WBO OP Results Spreadsheet Template. The complete list of tournaments that need to be re-submitted can be seen below.

WBO Tournaments Aug 2014-Apr 2015 for Re-Submission (Click to View)
Struck-through tournaments have been re-submitted/already were submitted using new spreadsheet.

I haven't received any re-submitted results in a little while, so I hope some of you can start working on that shortly!
Man, I got five PM Tag notifications about this post, haha.

I'll be sending mine in in a week or two, hopefully. My computer has been giving me some grief lately and should be all fixed up by the end of this week, so I can finish working on those.
I have to find my results for the Clash of Featherweight tournament. We most redone it in the spread sheet right?

for the Quebeycois tournament I don't have the results, I think Kai-V should have it.
ATTENTION ALL ORGANIZERS:

Just another reminder that we are still looking for help with the following:

(May. 11, 2015  2:59 AM)Kei Wrote: We need your help!
Here's what we need your help with right now.

1. Updating the Tournament List
Uwik was the one who first put together this list, but it has not been kept up to date since August/September of last year as you can see.

Today I went through the Official Events forum and compiled a list of all of the tournaments currently missing from the list:

WBO Tournaments since August/September 2014 (Click to View)

I've discovered that there was a few tournaments that Uwik missed adding to the list, so there are some that actually come before the latest ones on there right now (like London, UK: UK Revival Jam on September 20th, 2014).

Before I add these to the list however, we need to determine the total participants and total battles played for each one (besides the Upcoming Events, of course). I'm hoping that anybody who has access to the results for these tournaments could help me come up with these values.

2. Re-submit tournament results from Aug 2014-Apr 2015 using WBO OP Results Spreadsheet Template
We need the results for each tournament that has taken place since August/September 2014 to be re-submitted using the new WBO OP Results Spreadsheet Template. The complete list of tournaments that need to be re-submitted can be seen below.

WBO Tournaments Aug 2014-Apr 2015 for Re-Submission (Click to View)
Struck-through tournaments have been re-submitted/already were submitted using new spreadsheet.

There is still no deadline on this, but the sooner we have the results the easier it will be for us to prepare the tournament data archive in the future! I still haven't received any since my last post.

(Aug. 05, 2015  4:18 PM)loyd87 Wrote: I have to find my results for the Clash of Featherweight tournament. We most redone it in the spread sheet right?

Yes, that one is listed in the quote above so it needs to be re-submitted using the new spreadsheet template.
Should have it all with my next event, which will probably be mid September if that's alright.
(Aug. 30, 2015  12:58 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Should have it all with my next event, which will probably be mid September if that's alright.

Thanks!

I also talked to Mitsu, JesseObre, LMAO, and 1234beyblade today and hopefully they should be able to take care of the Toronto ones soon too ...
Yo, currently in bed, but once I get up in the morning, updating the London tournaments will be one of the first things I'll do. Processing our Burst event will take time, since we are still waiting on one of the participants to register an account...

EDIT:

Huh, I checked how many times I had hosted and I remembered that now the Burst event is done, I have hosted 5 times. Then after checking the list, it seems I have actually hosted 6 times!? It seems there was an event that I hosted right after my first hosted tournament and I completely forgot about it.

Anyway, it seems most of the London stuff is there, except for winning combos, which I may work on some other day. As for our recent Burst event (the only missing info), the total battles played was: 62! Oh how I dread filling in the results sheet now... Tongue_out jk
@[Kei] is there actually anything I need to do for my tournaments on the list since all that data is already available in my submitted spreadsheets?
(Sep. 02, 2015  1:06 AM)Manicben Wrote: Yo, currently in bed, but once I get up in the morning, updating the London tournaments will be one of the first things I'll do. Processing our Burst event will take time, since we are still waiting on one of the participants to register an account...

Is it not normal procedure to register an account on someone's behalf if they don't have one already? Definitely this is an area where we need to improve. haha
(Sep. 02, 2015  10:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2015  1:06 AM)Manicben Wrote: Yo, currently in bed, but once I get up in the morning, updating the London tournaments will be one of the first things I'll do. Processing our Burst event will take time, since we are still waiting on one of the participants to register an account...

Is it not normal procedure to register an account on someone's behalf if they don't have one already? Definitely this is an area where we need to improve. haha

We were going to do it on xHB_SAUCEx's phone, but it was going to take a while, so I told him and his friend, who was a member, to register once they got home. Now, I think I should just do it on the phone anyway and get it done rather than expect people to do things themselves. Perhaps add to the rulebook... Tongue_out
Don't want to go too off topic, but a host rule could be if they aren't registered, postpone the matches till they are registered using a smartphone or just deny them entry otherwise.

For now I'll use a dummy name and then update it once I get that username.
We are definitely not going to mandate on-site account creation since it could discourage walk-ins. But we need a clearer flow for what to do if someone doesn't have an account.