WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

So, not locking parts should be illegal?I think it should be an exception for Hasbro's CH120,but not TH170,TT CH120,HF/S
Why should it be illegal? If you start on 145 and it changes to 120 as it hits the stadium, it's the same as starting on 120.
Well,it is somehow misusing a part.As you know,after changing the track height,you have to lock it.It may affect the performance,as it changes the height when it hits the stadium.
I think you're reading way too much into this because I have never noticed a decrease in performance and this HAS happened to me. If you're so concerned, produce some conclusive results and video so we can see that it is in fact "misusing a part".
Things like TH170, which seemingly have no issue at all, need to be locked at a certain height.
It is just my opinion.And don't these parts are supposed to be locked?
Yes, but sometimes they unlock themselves. My original CH120 has that issue.
So... It isn't Illegal...
I've never had a problem where it unlock itself...just forgot to lock it...
Thanks for answering Smile
Selection of Beyblade and Launcher Wrote:Note: If using a Beyblade that has multiple modes, it is illegal to change the mode of the part(s) if you have to separate or disassemble the Beyblade in any way to do so. This means that parts such as Lightning L Drago and BD145–which require the Beyblade to be disassembled in order to change modes–cannot be changed during a single BeyBattle. However, you may legally change the modes of parts such as CH120, TH170, and HF/S as many times as you like during a single BeyBattle.

WHY IS IT Illegal??? that's the advantage of L Drago and the 4D generation Metal Beys, what is the negativity of it????????
Because then you could change it to suit the battle better, if your versing a defense combo you could change BD145 to Boost Mode for Stamina.
(Jul. 08, 2011  9:13 AM)Hope Wrote: Because then you could change it to suit the battle better, if your versing a defense combo you could change BD145 to Boost Mode for Stamina.

errrrrr did you mean that in a good way? Cute
The issue is that when you choose your combination and screw everything together, you are not supposed to unscrew anything. If a mode change involves unassembling anything, then it cannot be done.
I have a question, if you have a gravity perseus without the beylauncher lr (eg. from rbv7) can you switch between a beylauncher to beylauncher L in a single beybattle or will that be classified as illegal
(Jul. 08, 2011  1:16 PM)Own-Ray Wrote: I have a question, if you have a gravity perseus without the beylauncher lr (eg. from rbv7) can you switch between a beylauncher to beylauncher L in a single beybattle or will that be classified as illegal

No, which is why Hasbro's lack of a proper dual-spin launcher is so annoying.
(Jul. 08, 2011  12:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The issue is that when you choose your combination and screw everything together, you are not supposed to unscrew anything. If a mode change involves unassembling anything, then it cannot be done.

Sigh...... I kinda get that but.... SERIOUSLY????? IT Is still within the same parts, its not like switching with another part all together and even so the Mode Change involves unassembling anything it is a Mode Change. Pinching_eyes

Then again..... How did this become an issue???? Is ANYone against the idea??? Its not like its cheating.......

this is sooooo going backwards............ back in the V2 gen, bladers were allowed to switch the direction of the support parts on a Dragoon V2 in a single battle....

I'll abide this rule, but i'll only truthfully accept it if there really was a Negativity :\
Questions about Plastic battles: Is it illegal to make a Plastic Customize Grip heavier (and therefore more stable in the hand) by filling its Bit Chip compartment with anything other than Bit Chips?

Also, why did it become illegal to tune and/or season NSK bearings? Was it to stop endurance and zombie combos from dominating tournaments, or was it to level the playing field for people who can't afford to keep replenishing their supply of bearings? (because tuning and seasoning cause bearings to wear down much faster than normal)
(Jul. 15, 2011  2:43 PM)Ronin Fox Wrote: Questions about Plastic battles: Is it illegal to make a Plastic Customize Grip heavier (and therefore more stable in the hand) by filling its Bit Chip compartment with anything other than Bit Chips?

Also, why did it become illegal to tune and/or season NSK bearings? Was it to stop endurance and zombie combos from dominating tournaments, or was it to level the playing field for people who can't afford to keep replenishing their supply of bearings? (because tuning and seasoning cause bearings to wear down much faster than normal)

From what you described, it seems illegal, yes.

Probably both.
(Jul. 15, 2011  3:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2011  2:43 PM)Ronin Fox Wrote: Questions about Plastic battles: Is it illegal to make a Plastic Customize Grip heavier (and therefore more stable in the hand) by filling its Bit Chip compartment with anything other than Bit Chips?

From what you described, it seems illegal, yes.

I asked because I randomly remembered an acquaintance who filled his Bit Chip compartment with metal. He had access to blacksmithing or welding equipment, and molded a piece of metal (I think it was lead) that would fit exactly into the compartment. As a result, his Customize Grip was heavy enough to put a hole in someone's skull if he ever used it as a weapon. Chocked_2
Is it possible to have it discussed about the event format for the certain numbers of attendees?

Ie:
8-12 Single Round Robin
13-24 Block Round Robin (3 blocks)
25-28 Block Round Robin (4 blocks)
29-?? Double Elimination
>?? Single Elimination?

Does the list seem right?
I believe the maximum number of attendees for Block Round Robin is 24, not 28 even with 4 blocks. I don't think the WBO has ever needed to use Single Elimination, only Double, which was on 70 or so here in the UK, possibly more in Canada.
That is why I feel that it should be discussed for fixed numbers. Kai-V mentioned above 28 for Double Elimination, while I read the australians used to do 3 blocks of 10, and Blitz, iirc used 4 blocks for 24.
(Jul. 18, 2011  3:51 PM)Uwik Wrote: That is why I feel that it should be discussed for fixed numbers. Kai-V mentioned above 28 for Double Elimination, while I read the australians used to do 3 blocks of 10, and Blitz, iirc used 4 blocks for 24.
Blitz does only what he is allowed/told. He always makes sures his numbers are allowed, so I agree with you. Not everyone has time to check by PMing.
I personally feel that 7 people per block is just nice (regardless the number of blocks 3/4) with the top winner from each block advancing to finals, it should hit just about 1.5-2 hours max, which is nice. But Kei's suggestion, which is brilliant IMO, is to include the top 2 from each blocks for a full 6/8 people final round robin. Which also in consideration, add maybe 20 minutes to the event.

Perhaps, it should be set in stone as how the format regarding the attendees are done.
Kai-V Would you allow that? If not, is that for the same reason you wouldn't allow Block Double Elimination with blocks of 15 or so?

ED:
I honestly think Block Double Elimination is great, especially for the UK who play in the park, with no laptop.
45 people, 3 blocks of 15 each. Double Elimination within that block of 15, the winner of each block goes into a finals of block round robin.
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:02 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Kai-V Would you allow that? If not, is that for the same reason you wouldn't allow Block Double Elimination with blocks of 15 or so?

ED:
I honestly think Block Double Elimination is great, especially for the UK who play in the park, with no laptop.
45 people, 3 blocks of 15 each. Double Elimination within that block of 15, the winner of each block goes into a finals of block round robin.

Despite the fact that the blocks are done simultaneously, a single block of 15 can run for a good 3 hours if not more. I had 1 block of 17 for my first tournament, and it went for 4.5 hours (well over 100 battles to be processed). which is tiresome for the host and the beypoints processor person.