WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

@[Kei], 1$=~0,8€
So, let me reiterate what I have gathered:

- during the first stage of the tournament, you can use 1 single bey, and you would attempt to win 3 points to complete the match.

- Once you reach the final stage, each player builds a deck for that specific opponent, and wins when you reach 5 points.

is that correct?
Also another question: For the first stage of the tournament, are you able to change your combination for each opponent? Or do you have to stick with one bey throughout the first stage?

I feel it is unclear that the first stage involves 1 bey. So i think it would be more clear if there were sections for first stage and final stage,clearly explaining that there are two stages to a tournament. (The number of players needed to start the final stage is clearly listed, and that is good)
It is also not clear that you are able to change decks for each opponent.

This might be because I am coming from a Trading Card Game background where we have to turn in decklists at the start, and cannot change the deck throughout the whole tournament.

If you can change the document to incorporate those changes, that would be greatly appreciated!

also, are Spryzen Requiem and Garuda G3 still banned?? I couldn't find it anywhere on the list.
edit: i found the post regarding that
@[gxpt2000], yes, in first stage, you use only one beyblade and you need 3 points to win. And final stage you build Deck where is 3 beyblade and you need 5 points to win.

In first stage you can use different beyblade each opponent.
Another question I have is regarding mode changing.
According to the rule book, dual spin spriggans are not able to switch spin between rounds (does this apply to legend spriggan?)
So can the switch be done right before both players launch? Or do you have to decide what spin to use prior to seeing what your opponent is using?(I’m assuming it’s prior to seeing since there aren’t a lot of winnng requiem combos)

Also regarding Frames for Core disks, are they able to be removed as a form change before launch, after seeing what bey you are going against?(japan and Taiwan regions are able to)

I just need some more clarification on those rules, both for future reference and the rule book.
(Jan. 19, 2019  6:43 AM)gxpt2000 Wrote: Another question I have is regarding mode changing.
According to the rule book, dual spin spriggans are not able to switch spin between rounds (does this apply to legend spriggan?)
So can the switch be done right before both players launch? Or do you have to decide what spin to use prior to seeing what your opponent is using?(I’m assuming it’s prior to seeing since there aren’t a lot of winnng requiem combos)

Also regarding Frames for Core disks, are they able to be removed as a form change before launch, after seeing what bey you are going against?(japan and Taiwan regions are able to)

I just need some more clarification on those rules, both for future reference and the rule book.

Legend Spriggan Is Allowed to change Spin- But once a battle. When You announce your beyblade, You are not able to switch anything after that. There were Sr combos in it's time, a lot, it spammed.
Frames are part of combo, you cannot change them after announcing your combo.
Kinda obligatory comment to mention the rules appendix needs to be updated to include rulings brought about by Dead Phoenix (Dead armor clause, using Dead Armor on rP, and Revive Armor on dP).

Though a good question I have is why are you only allowed to have 1 launcher per spin direction? I'd like to be allowed to use a string launcher for my non-attack beys while being able to use a Sword launcher for my attack beys.
(Jan. 30, 2019  9:53 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Kinda obligatory comment to mention the rules appendix needs to be updated to include rulings brought about by Dead Phoenix (Dead armor clause, using Dead Armor on rP, and Revive Armor on dP).

Though a good question I have is why are you only allowed to have 1 launcher per spin direction? I'd like to be allowed to use a string launcher for my non-attack beys while being able to use a Sword launcher for my attack beys.

Yup, it will be posted soon. I commented it on here, though: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-About-Perfect-Phoenix

Just like Beyblade selection, we also believe launcher selection should be strategic and limited. If you're comfortable with one particular launcher for one type of Beyblade and are comfortable with another for a different Beyblade, you'll have to carefully consider what is most valuable to you when constructing your deck just as you do when you're selecting what combos to include. Although, the same can be applied for regular battles too if you're selecting a Beyblade with multiple modes (like Zeta, Trans, etc).

That, and it also keeps things simple. We don't want people fumbling around with six launchers throughout a match just because they feel like switching.
In Organizer's Guide, Winning Combos thread is old. If Committee can replace this to new Winning Combos thread?
(Feb. 23, 2019  6:45 PM)ks123 Wrote: In Organizer's Guide, Winning Combos thread is old. If Committee can replace this to new Winning Combos thread?

Thanks for catching that! Fixed.
Is there a format where you can use special stadiums like the musou bey stadium?
(Feb. 25, 2019  9:03 AM)Sumarbrander12 Wrote: Is there a format where you can use special stadiums like the musou bey stadium?

There is not. However, you can bring other stadiums for others to play on, but actual tournament matches uses the standard Burst BeyStadium
So I've asked this before but this is the best place to ask this. Do you think requiring Hell Salamander to be on Attack Mode at all times is a good idea? I've done testing on my Hell Slamander test thread and it did give both right spin and left spin Attack types (Winning Valkyrie and Bloody Longinus) about 10% better chances. Furthermore. In Opposite spin Stamina battles, Hell Salamander is still so round that being in Attack Mode would barely make a difference
(Feb. 26, 2019  6:04 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: So I've asked this before but this is the best place to ask this. Do you think requiring Hell Salamander to be on Attack Mode at all times is a good idea? I've done testing on my Hell Slamander test thread and it did give both right spin and left spin Attack types (Winning Valkyrie and Bloody Longinus) about 10% better chances. Furthermore. In Opposite spin Stamina battles, Hell Salamander is still so round that being in Attack Mode would barely make a difference

It's an interesting idea, but you said it yourself: it barely makes a difference. And that applies to not only performance, but visually too. I feel like if we tried to implement this rule there would be a high chance that a Hell Salamander in the wrong mode would be missed sometimes given how similar they look. It's not worth it given that risk.
If you can add Europa to fees in Organizer's Guide, @[Kei]. Standard entry fee is 4€, Passport is 13€.
(Feb. 26, 2019  6:29 PM)ks123 Wrote: If you can add Europa to fees in Organizer's Guide, @[Kei]. Standard entry fee is 4€, Passport is 13€.

Added!
In public tournament archive, why tournaments not moved to archives and why in hosts tab use User IDs, not usernames?
(Mar. 05, 2019  7:22 AM)ks123 Wrote: In public tournament archive, why tournaments not moved to archives and why in hosts tab use User IDs, not usernames?

Because some of those tournaments may not be fully processed yet. Some could be moved, but we're probably going to leave them for now until we're caught up until maybe the end of 2018.

Hosts tab was using User IDs because a long time ago username changes were possible and it was easier to keep track of this information that way as User IDs could never change.
(Mar. 05, 2019  9:24 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2019  7:22 AM)ks123 Wrote: In public tournament archive, why tournaments not moved to archives and why in hosts tab use User IDs, not usernames?

Because some of those tournaments may not be fully processed yet. Some could be moved, but we're probably going to leave them for now until we're caught up until maybe the end of 2018.

Hosts tab was using User IDs because a long time ago username changes were possible and it was easier to keep track of this information that way as User IDs could never change.

But last tournaments in archives is 2016.
@[Kei], in new Need-To-Know sheet template, you should add rules QR code.
(Mar. 10, 2019  3:39 PM)ks123 Wrote: @[Kei], in new Need-To-Know sheet template, you should add rules QR code.

That’s a good idea. I never really thought of it since QR Codes aren’t really that popular here in Canada.

I’ll consider adding it to the template, but space is also at a premium in that sheet so we’ll see. I do think that typing the bit.ly link is easy enough, though.

Of course, other Organizers wishing to use it can certainly modify the template themselves to include a QR Code as well if it makes sense for their region.
I have a question! Is Legend Spryzen S3’s Spin direction allowed to be changed in deck format?
Matches in Deck Format follow the same rules as matches in first stage as far as "Parts with Multiple Modes" mode shifting is concerned. Sr3 and choS are forbidden from spin changing during matches. lS has no such restriction. If they want to add that restriction to the Burst Standard format rules, they can. But until that time, lS may change spin direction once per match.
Hi, want some Burst Rule-set clarifications:

Quote:"Judges must inspect the winning Beyblade to ensure that it is not in a position where it has skipped all of its teeth and should have bursted. If this is the case the result of the round is reversed and the “losing” Beyblade is then considered the winner for the round."

On the above rule: What points are awarded in this case? 2 for the Burst that didn't happen or is it a literal reversal of the result?

The Bey is KO when there is no more stadium floor below it right? But does it have to be completely out or touch the wall/ground or something like that?
What are the current Banned Parts in Burst? Organizer Pre-Tournament
Announcements & Notes says Spriggan Requiem, G3 , Level Chips and Outer. Guessing it's outdated cause it doesn't say that in the Burst rules.
(Apr. 12, 2019  4:05 AM)Barreto Wrote: Hi, want some Burst Rule-set clarifications:

Quote:"Judges must inspect the winning Beyblade to ensure that it is not in a position where it has skipped all of its teeth and should have bursted. If this is the case the result of the round is reversed and the “losing” Beyblade is then considered the winner for the round."

On the above rule: What points are awarded in this case? 2 for the Burst that didn't happen or is it a literal reversal of the result?

The Bey is KO when there is no more stadium floor below it right? But does it have to be completely out or touch the wall/ground or something like that?

2 Points for the Beyblade that initially appeared to have "lost" because the opponent should have bursted.

A Beyblade is immediately considered KOed when it exits the play area if it has touched the opponent. There is one exception to this outlined at the end of the ruling:

Burst Format Rulebook - Knocked-Out Wrote:A Beyblade is knocked-out when it exits the play area. Beyblades stuck on an element of a stadium are still considered in-play.

Beyblades that bounce back into the stadium after exiting the play area are still considered knocked-out. However, if a Beyblade exits the play area and bounces back in before touching the opposing Beyblade in any fashion, the round will continue.

And to be clear, the "play area" would only be the area within the perimeter of the stadium floor because you can't launch on top of the stadium cover.

(May. 03, 2019  11:44 PM)Barreto Wrote: What are the current Banned Parts in Burst? Organizer Pre-Tournament
Announcements & Notes says Spriggan Requiem, G3 , Level Chips and Outer. Guessing it's outdated cause it doesn't say that in the Burst rules.

None. The actual rulebooks always supersede any other ancillary document or announcement; we make sure those are up to date without fail whenever we post an announcement about new rules in the News forum.

That particular document was indeed outdated. I've removed that line to avoid confusion. The list in that document isn't necessarily meant to be comprehensive anyways; it's merely a guideline/template/starting point for what it could look like. It's meant to be customized by Organizers.