WBO Bugs

Not sure if the thread is needed, but enough people find these that I think it is warranted instead of having to return to the old 'WBO Post Bug 2011' thread.

For example, right now! The latest version of Chrome and Firefox are experiencing formatting errors with the faces underneath avatars.
I have been recently experiencing this problem in Google Chrome, but not in Safari when I checked there. It started about 2 days ago for me. Raigeko13, Janstarblast, and as of a few minutes ago th!nk (who confirmed it was the recent version of Chrome) are having this problem too, along with whoever else has the most recent version of Chrome and Firefox.

I was also talking with th!nk, and he pointed out a formatting issue regarding the postbits (see here).

This thread is for future use in case we experience any other problems with the WBO.
I think there is a make your suggestions thread.
I think reading might help...

I understand there is a make your suggestions thread, but that doesn't apply to what I am discussing here. If there's a problem with something on the website it's posted here. Not a 'how do I make this website itself better' thread, but a 'oh carp there is an error that makes all of the posts illegible on this website' thread.
I get it now. One bug is that on an iPhone 2g you can't scroll.
I don't have the updated chrome, but this still happens to me occasionally. I'm not sure what could be done to fix it besides playing around with the formatting in the script or whatever, I'm probably just talking nonsense.
Here's a quick workaround for those using Adblock with Chrome - if you're using chrome without adblock then first off, why would you do that? and second off, you should change that, here's a link for you.

Basically, the faces are what stretches the page as they aren't wrapping around due to a little thing in the CSS that chrome must have just started listening to or something, IDK.
Anyway, to fix this temporarily all we have to do is block the face images.

Click the adblock icon which is generally located next to your URL bar, and go to options.
If it's not there, go to chromeUncertain/extensions/ and find it in the list, and click options.

In the page that opens, click the customize tab.

Now, we add a filter. Be careful when doing this, please.
Go to the section that says "Manually Edit Your Filters". Click the Edit button.
At the very top, make a new line (put the cursor at the start of the text and hit enter), and paste the contents of the following codebox there:
Code:
http://worldbeyblade.org/uploads/awards/$domain=worldbeyblade.org
Then hit "save".

That blocks anything from worldbeyblade.org/uploads/awards (which is where face images are kept) on any page you visit on the worldbeyblade.org domain.

To re-enable faces, simply go to the Manually Edit Filters box, hit edit, and find and remove the line we just added, and hit save. You'll all want to do that whenever it gets fixed.

Please be careful not to change anything other than the addition or removal of this line in the filter edit box, or you risk breaking adblock. If you do that and it breaks and you can't work out/repair what you've done, then you'll want to delete the contents of manual filters box, which will remove any custom filters you've added.

There might be a way to do it with scripting and a program to run scripts (greasemonkey's chrome equivalent I guess) without hiding faces by altering the pages css but I am not able to do that haha. If you are, though, I posted then cause of the problem (or what appears to be the cause to me, anyway) in Questions About the WBO.
Excellent, thank you.
This acts as a workaround until either the CMs do something or a script is created to officially fix this of course, but the effort is much appreciated.
If it happens in Firefox, I'm sure the main adblock program for that, Adblock Plus, would be able to do the same. IIRC they even use the same filters, which means probably the same formatting, which means adding that line would fix it there too. I'm updating my firefox to see if the bug occurs there for me, and if so I'll write up something for that I guess.

I would point out that it happened to Janstarblast long before me, and when that occurred I updated chrome to the latest version at that time and it was fine, so I don't know what was going on there, but I assume it was the same cause.

EDIT: Latest version of firefox works fine for me. If anyone has trouble on firefox and can't figure out how to block that folder using Adblock Plus, let me know and I'll write up a walkthrough (with a picture perhaps) but I don't think it should be hard.
The problem is somehow with Google Chrome, because we have not changed anything in a while and yet this weird bug suddenly starts appearing only for Chrome users ...
Given what I pointed out about the cause, I suspect a recent update to google chrome has made it start listening to that no wrap around command.
I am not certain that changing it to "wrap" would not make every other browser malfunction though ...
I'll look into it sometime in the next couple of days, seeing as I have opera, firefox and internet explorer installed on this laptop, and could probably download safari to check. I think it controls wraparound for the entire user box but I don't think anything else is actually able to get long enough to need to wrap around (though it has happened with certain characters from other languages in usertitles, so removing it would probably fix that overflowing too, if I'm correct about it.)
Exact same thing happening to me, but weird thing is, is that, it was working fine a few hours ago, and suddenly now it's all crazy. It's hard to read any posts Unhappy

(Jul. 11, 2013  8:55 PM)LMAO Wrote: Exact same thing happening to me, but weird thing is, is that, it was working fine a few hours ago, and suddenly now it's all crazy. It's hard to read any posts Unhappy

hey.. this is exactly what was occuring to me, when i was using Ubuntu .. same right now this very moment ...!!
Ugh, same here, it just started about 10 min ago...
Chrome probably just updated itself, guys.

Get adblock, do this: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Bugs...pid1134110 and then wait for a proper fix.
Quite an annoying bug. It's a shame we can't backtrack through the update notes and figure out what might have changed related to the MyBB setup.
I'm guessing it was an update to make chrome follow standards better which made it parse the no-wrap tag differently. Either way something like that.
Great news everyone-who-uses-Google-Chrome : I contacted our MyBBp programmer yesterday, and he apparently fixed the issue somehow, at least partially, but it also seems like Google released an improved update as well ...
Yup, it was just fixed for me, thanks a lot!
I don't know if its happening for anyone else, but there are maybe 10 or so members I've seen who's beyranks display as beyrank #0, the only one i can think of seeing multiple times is theblackdragon's, but I have seen others.
(Sep. 08, 2013  10:03 PM)Time Wrote: I don't know if its happening for anyone else, but there are maybe 10 or so members I've seen who's beyranks display as beyrank #0, the only one i can think of seeing multiple times is theblackdragon's, but I have seen others.

That is normal, it happens when new tournaments are processed with people who have never had processed battles before. Their rank has simply not automatically been updated yet.
I have not been seeing this post bug thing too much. For me, it subsided about late May, and I hadn't seen it since. It might depend on The loading of the pages. Whenever it doesn't completely load the page, and the post is not loaded all of the way.
Why on a lot of people is their a face on the email user buttons?
(Sep. 09, 2013  12:38 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Why on a lot of people is their a face on the email user buttons?

That is just because of the browser you use; it does not actually happen.