Vari Ares Discussion

interesting results seems vari ares will be usefull after hopefully just as good as gravity once I get mine I'll do some testing Smile thanks KEI
Mushy, what do you mean BBS, that's BS. The tip?

Hah, anyways thaks Kei!
He means ''BeybladeStation thats b***s***
Oh really? He can think what he wants to think.

Mushy, if you find it BS, what's the hit of just one test?

Also, I realized that Vari Ares has a good grip on Basalt on 220. So, I would think it was on the edge of Basalt, and therefore knocking it somewhat off balance.
Can MF-H Variares BD145MF (Left Spin, Banked) be tested against MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS (195 Height, Straight shot, Semi Aggressive CS)
So I tested this a little today with ikmv. Vari has sooo much recoil. If you don't get your opponent out in the first few seconds you lose either by outspin or self KO. I really think that the recoil is such a big factor that test results done by one person are inaccurate. Also, I skimmed through this and read people asking for tests on MF. It doesn't work well at all. The wheel works best early on at the highest speed you can get. On MF it isn't moving fast enough to exploit it's advantages, so it's hard to KO anything, and then it just self KOs.
Thanks for the review, Cye. That should hopefully answer a lot of questions. Pretty much guarantees I'm not buying this any time soon, ahah.
I think BD145 is the best track for this since the weight compensates the high recoil of Variares but it does cover some smash points but at least it somehow adds some stamina...
so far after fiddling with Variares i think MF-H Variares BD145RF is the way to go... but just like what Cye Kinomiya said you've gotta KO the opponent as fast as you can but indeed Variares does pack a punch during high velocity...
It's been said a few times now that the best track for it depends entirely upon the situation...
(Jul. 30, 2011  7:42 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: So I tested this a little today with ikmv. Vari has sooo much recoil. If you don't get your opponent out in the first few seconds you lose either by outspin or self KO. I really think that the recoil is such a big factor that test results done by one person are inaccurate. Also, I skimmed through this and read people asking for tests on MF. It doesn't work well at all. The wheel works best early on at the highest speed you can get. On MF it isn't moving fast enough to exploit it's advantages, so it's hard to KO anything, and then it just self KOs.

Thank you for the tests, Cye! This will be really helpful! If further tests confirm this, then I think we have our first MFB OHKO wheel! Isn't it?
Most right spin attackers do that kinda thing. Beat is very much like that.
(Jul. 30, 2011  4:49 PM)th!nk Wrote: Most right spin attackers do that kinda thing. Beat is very much like that.

Really?! I never knew that...
I thought that Vari Ares was the first wheel meant only for OHKOs....
On the other hand, Beat and other right spin wheels have OHKO as their 'secondary technique' as I call it. Tongue_out
(Jul. 30, 2011  7:42 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: So I tested this a little today with ikmv. Vari has sooo much recoil. If you don't get your opponent out in the first few seconds you lose either by outspin or self KO. I really think that the recoil is such a big factor that test results done by one person are inaccurate. Also, I skimmed through this and read people asking for tests on MF. It doesn't work well at all. The wheel works best early on at the highest speed you can get. On MF it isn't moving fast enough to exploit it's advantages, so it's hard to KO anything, and then it just self KOs.

Sounds like a really good OHKO wheel, though I am a bit saddened MF doesn't work well with it. (Good ol' Whale Crusher+SGMF2 OHKO combination)

Anyone want to devote some time looking into that? If get Vari Ares it will be the first thing I'd do.
Does VariAres have more recoil than gravity?
(Jul. 30, 2011  5:13 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Does VariAres have more recoil than gravity?

Looking at Cye's post, I think yes. As Gravity was not THAT affected by recoil...
Gravity could still 'stay' in the match, while this one has to end the battle within seconds, or else....... Its BAD NEWS for Vari Ares...
If anything it's definitely a OHKO wheel. When I used MF if it didn't KO early (which is significantly easier with R2F/LRF depending on spin direction) it'd hit the other bey and stop spinning, or hit the other bey and fly out the stadium. To be fair, I didn't extensively test MF, but yeah it was pretty bad.
(Jul. 30, 2011  5:16 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2011  5:13 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Does VariAres have more recoil than gravity?

Looking at Cye's post, I think yes. As Gravity was not THAT affected by recoil...
Gravity could still 'stay' in the match, while this one has to end the battle within seconds, or else....... Its BAD NEWS for Vari Ares...

true but I think cye is over exaggerating just a bit but OHKO's have existed before so maybe this is the same but I doubt its as bad as cye states beat isnt that much like that cause well I saw a video when bet was almost out of spin and it knocked basalt BD145MB 5 feet away.........
I'm not at all exaggerating. I'm talking about Vari, not Beat. Also, its funny how I'm exaggerating, but you saw Basalt BD145MB get knocked five whole feet away lol
(Jul. 30, 2011  6:07 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I'm not at all exaggerating. I'm talking about Vari, not Beat. Also, its funny how I'm exaggerating, but you saw Basalt BD145MB get knocked five whole feet away lol

Haha cye I know you were taking about vari ares I was talking to th!nk when I said stuff about beat and well I never said I wasn't exaggerating but beat did ko basalt pretty bad! lol
My VariAres came in the mail today.

So, I will also give a small review on it.

From usage so far, it seems like low attackers will never kill it. Never. Even mid-height, CH120 and D125 are terrible on it. Of course, L Mode dominated. I felt a weird, but quick swipes with Left Spin R2F. So many KO's there were. Against Earth, not Basalt (will have it next weekend), it tore thru like paper. I have seen such hard contact that my near heavy worn CS started attacking. One thing I will disagree on, though with Cye, is the do or die KO or Nothing position. I think, with a huge confidence, that tips even as CS will be bad on it. VariAres cannot control balance, that being said I will try something along the lines of GB145 or AD145. BD145 spoils the factor that will help it: Recoil. That being said tips like MB or WB should never, ever be considered.
I think from the past thoughts by Kei and Deikailo, no one ever thought of putting this on MB or WB.
Cye/Kei/Dei** could any of you test MF/-H Vari Ares GB145MF thoroughly against MF-H Basalt Kerbecs/Aquario BD145MB and whatever else you feel is necessary to prove its OHKO qualities? That'd be cool, and RF/R2F/LRF for comparison.

Cye's pronounced like "sai" haha. I don't have the Vari, but the next time I see ikmv I can do that. I wonder how much GB145 would neutralize the recoil.

Also, testing this thing made me want to reaaaally play beyblade.
Well, I was hoping Dan would ask me as well. I know how to shoot properly in really any circumstance. I have access to a BB-10 next WEEKEND!

THANK YOU DAN SO MUCH for asking MF to be tested, especially with GB145. That was really my original suggestion. I'm pretty sure VariAres will be neutralized in that case.
I think R145 would help this as it adds weight (to reduce recoil) and recoil (to increase attack) haha.....
but once I get my variares I should do MF-H Variares R145MF VS MF Basalt kerbecs BD145CS
Haha I didn't mean to offend you, just trying to rhyme. Well Cye, my rhyme is broken now that you've gone and declared that! BBS go ahead and do that for me!