Vari Ares Discussion

BeybladeStation

is your DGrin hard to pull during F and S modes?
(Jul. 31, 2011  9:11 AM)m0by_dick Wrote: BeybladeStation

This is the thread for VariAres testing and discussion. That can go into PMs.

You are supposed to take it apart and then take D : D and a Hasbro Ripcord. After that, stick the Hasbro Ripcord into D : D and push. That's how you are supposed to do it! Mr. N, I think it could be discussed. Not sure, though.

Either way, I have very high hopes for VariAres becoming a LTDC.

MF-L VariAres 100CS is a very good combo. Try it out, against something like: MF LLD H145/100/125/D125/CH120 RF it is a killer. It can withstand such, but only so in Left Spin. Kei, please try it out, but with an MF-H, I've found great use of it against really all Earth and Lightning Combinations. Very well suited, I would like to also say XF applied on it will not help against another Attacker, in this case, MF LLD BD145LRF. It would be taken down due to no control. What we need is GB145, as I had originally suggested. It has terrible balance once the it is in Defense Mode, and it just tips over because of recoil at this point. I would like to see something along the lines of GB145MF and GB145R2F, Left Spin and right. Kei, so could you do:

MF-H VariAres GB145MF [Left&Right] VS. MF-H Basalt Bull 230/BD145CS

&

MF-H VariAres GB145R2F [Left&Right] VS. MF-H Basalt Bull 230/BD145CS

I only want 10 rounds, 20 is too much to ask unless you could do it.
(Aug. 01, 2011  12:09 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote:

You are supposed to take it apart and then take D : D and a Hasbro Ripcord. After that, stick the Hasbro Ripcord into D : D and push. That's how you are supposed to do it! Mr. N, I think it could be discussed. Not sure, though.

Either way, I have very high hopes for VariAres becoming a LTDC.

MF-L VariAres 100CS is a very good combo. Try it out, against something like: MF LLD H145/100/125/D125/CH120 RF it is a killer. It can withstand such, but only so in Left Spin. Kei, please try it out, but with an MF-H, I've found great use of it against really all Earth and Lightning Combinations. Very well suited, I would like to also say XF applied on it will not help against another Attacker, in this case, MF LLD BD145LRF. It would be taken down due to no control. What we need is GB145, as I had originally suggested. It has terrible balance once the it is in Defense Mode, and it just tips over because of recoil at this point. I would like to see something along the lines of GB145MF and GB145R2F, Left Spin and right. Kei, so could you do:

MF-H VariAres GB145MF [Left&Right] VS. MF-H Basalt Bull 230/BD145CS

&

MF-H VariAres GB145R2F [Left&Right] VS. MF-H Basalt Bull 230/BD145CS

I only want 10 rounds, 20 is too much to ask unless you could do it.

That seems to be good news for me. I was craving for a Left Spin Defense.
Thanks for testing(read suggesting/trying out/giving info), BBS as I never thought that people would even try to put Vari Ares for Defense testing... Tongue_out But, seems like you don't have BB-10 so I seriously can't be sure.
It seems that I must mistake you on this, and that I have seen in it both but yet not shot it in so. That's why.

Either way, I get an extremely good idea seeing that my second stadium actually has knockout openings, so I see that it is quite excelling that. The thing is, lowness. Down to the ground it prevents from losing balance, and when Rubber and Plastic are fused, a good Defense is formed.

VariAres, itself, has three protrusions that open up, as you all know. During that period of time, though, some force is able to change such. So, I have a very good hunch that when a weak, but still usable, shot is done; such as the Art of the launch Technique, there will be a better result that will both lessen recoil and push up Defense. That being said, CS will definitely not be good option, if not a terrible one. I honestly think MF will excel on this. GB145 MF and 100MF have very good stands with me right now, R2F is a stalling tornado with VariAres, I'm sure Kei noticed this if not mentioned. I do not like that for then it takes a second to actually gear up. It might just be my R2F, though. I did not like Vari Ares on R2F with Left Spin Sliding Shoot. Too much Tornado Stalling equals quite a bad swipe.

MF, on GB145 and lower tracks, need to be tested.

ALSO! This was on my mind that D125 fits perfectly on VariAres inner grove, which is probably a factor on the balance issue. D125 did good, but still as Kei's S130 results suggest, I did not see any good performance, at least not extremely notable.

100CS is a good option, indefinitely on VariAres Left-Spin only. It suggest a wide array of various and differentiated shots that could be decided by the opponent's use. For example, if MF MLD CH120XF was used, I would highly suggest a shot of the stadium wall, if that were possible in the given situation.

Overall, as Kei had already mentioned, VariAres is FAR from being bad. Being used it, and every other MFB Tier MW, it could definitely be put in the Top of Tier 1 in the MFB Tiers list if not the bottom of 1.
I have some tests:

VariAres AD145R²F VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
Standard Procedures
VariAres Win Rate – 60% (6KO)
Basalt Kerbecs Win Rate – 40% (1KO, 3OS)

Vari Ares GB145MF VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
Standard Procedures
VariAres Win Rate – 0%
Basalt Kerbecs Win Rate – 100% (3KO, 7OS).

Don't have R145, so I used AD145 instead. Still pretty decent though. MF isn't that good. Doesn't have enough speed to KO, and VariAres has trouble spin-stealing.
(Aug. 01, 2011  11:38 PM)Mr. N Wrote: I have some tests:

VariAres AD145R²F VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
Standard Procedures
VariAres Win Rate – 60% (6KO)
Basalt Kerbecs Win Rate – 40% (1KO, 3OS)

Vari Ares GB145MF VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
Standard Procedures
VariAres Win Rate – 0%
Basalt Kerbecs Win Rate – 100% (3KO, 7OS).

Don't have R145, so I used AD145 instead. Still pretty decent though. MF isn't that good. Doesn't have enough speed to KO, and VariAres has trouble spin-stealing.

thanks man so in both tests variares was in left spin huh cool try MF on it next please. thanks N
Anyone mind trying MF/-H Vari Ares H145R2F? Try to get some ridiculous recoil out of it.
Even though I ain't got no Vari Ares D:D, I just wanted to say that I think that it's cool! Plus, the Delta Drive Performance Tip sounds incredibly useful!
Not really, all 3 of the tips are outclassed on D:D.
Dan
Wouldn't R145 be a better choice to get maximum recoil out of it?
Perhaps. Any heavy recoil track would do.
I think H145, as I always suggest: LLD, G Perseus, LDD.

So try H145, but try 100MF Mr. N!
It's hard to get accurate results with this wheel if you're shooting both bey yourself.
Well I said R145 a long time ago and still think its better it has more weight and more recoil than H145 because of the rubber meaning it increases and decreases recoil all at the same time depending only on the contact with the other bey,
Has anyone tried UW145 yet? I don't have vari ares yet, so I can't tell how far the wings go. It might help with stabilizing it a bit, but with left spin I have no idea.
Well I do, in general I've used Tracks like it, and they are all terrible.

I want GB145 to be tested on it, I'm seeing good!
(Aug. 08, 2011  1:35 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Well I do, in general I've used Tracks like it, and they are all terrible.

I want GB145 to be tested on it, I'm seeing good!
Hrm, well it's almost to find information on UW145, besides the rough draft for the beywiki, and a couple of the posts about stragne tracks, anyways:

Wouldn't GB145 make it even more unbalanced once vari hits defense mode? because GB has the four metal balls but variares is a threepronged bey. I just would assume the weight distribution would be all funky and make it wobble to one side more. Plus there are some tests involving GB145...

*Mr. N posted a result involving GB145, and it didn't do too well.
GB145 has two balls, one on Plastic, and Metal.

With a better grip tip, it could do outstandingly well. I mean something as R2F.
Ahh okay, and i feel stupid, i looked at the picture and saw the metal screws and assumed they were balls XD. But wouldn't it still have the off balance part?
* And I don't think GB145 would work as well as R145, which worked really well due to the harmonizing three prongs, so wouldn't putting GB145 which is another ring be taking a step backwards?
VariAres doesn't do well against RS, at least for me...

VariAres 100LRF (Left-spin) VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 85RS
Standard Procedures
VariAres Win Rate - 0%
Basalt Kerbecs Win Rate - 100% (10OS)
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:42 PM)Mr. N Wrote: VariAres doesn't do well against RS, at least for me...

VariAres 100LRF VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 85RS
Standard Procedures
VariAres Win Rate - 0%
Basalt Kerbecs Win Rate - 100% (10OS)

What spin direction?
Oops forgot to include that. Left-spin.
I've found some big differences in both spin modes, Mr. N, and Shabalabadoo.

Sometimes VariAres will just spin off solo, and then when wobbled over, come back with recoil and knock it hard.

Therefore, you should try Right Spin as well.

But, I want you to try:

MF VariAres GB145LRF VS. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS
Well, just to support some of the testing Kei did:

MF Vari Ares R145RF (Right Spin) vs MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB
Standard Procedure
MF Vari Ares R145RF: 7 Wins (7 KO)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB: 13 Wins (5 KO, 8 OS)
Vari Ares R145RF Win Percentage: 35%

Okay, so I didn't manage to hit the same heights as Kei did, but I also wanted to put my weight behind Vari Ares being a pretty potent Smash Wheel.

What I noticed was that you need to launch quite strongly to get any significant Smash against Basalt. However, you also have to consider the limitations of RF and self-KOs too, not to mention the recoil Vari Ares has. I think, given its versatility in other customisations/modes, this is a pretty good part.
Definelty agreed as what ♥ said!

I see now why R145 is a giid choice, especially for balance. But honestly, when I use my VariAres, I normally find an extreme amount of push back on Earth and VariAres... If we look at a height such as TH170, which had not seen but anything like this before, it is less versatile. Basalt in direct contact with RF on mid-height is not good therefore, and something like S130 could be a good choice against MB... We also have to consider the balance of MB...

Heart, since I do not have the correct testing items to test my VariAres, can you try:

MF VariAres H145MF?

If you think that's pointless, try RF. I think MF is more stable at points...