Vari Ares Discussion

(Jul. 20, 2011  5:40 PM)th!nk Wrote: TH170 is a retarded part for an attack combo. Variares is probably not going to be good for defense, I mean, look at it.

Ironically, the box rated 6 stars for it for defence hahahahahahaha.

Anyway, I got mine yesterday. The recoil is a monster.

My personal thoughts on it, I'm not surprised if there will be a ban on it eventually due to its high recoil (safety reasons) or a drastic mold revision. While doing informal testing, I lost count how many times it flew. I mean really, beys do fly around but not like this monster. It could really hurt someone -___-. Should really put up a warning on this.
(Jul. 23, 2011  2:15 AM)Pcyborg Wrote: Anyway, I got mine yesterday. The recoil is a monster.

My personal thoughts on it, I'm not surprised if there will be a ban on it eventually due to its high recoil (safety reasons) or a drastic mold revision. While doing informal testing, I lost count how many times it flew. I mean really, beys do fly around but not like this monster. It could really hurt someone -___-. Should really put up a warning on this.

TT expects everyone to use the Stadium fence, though.
(Jul. 22, 2011  7:27 AM)Mushy Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2011  12:13 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Variares on a lower track can KO Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS. From what I've played around with, Variares isn't a wheel that should be put on BD145. The wheel needs to be completely exposed to maximize its smash. BD145 will just push everything out of the stadium, not smash it out.
(Jul. 21, 2011  9:48 AM)Mushy Wrote: I've been meaning to ask though, Kei. Does it even have recoil comparable to Lynx as everyone speculated? Or is it average?
Yes and no. Variares is a better general attacker, however, beat is the most effective on 85 against boost mode BD145.
(Jul. 20, 2011  10:12 PM)Kei Wrote: Using XF with Vari Ares would be silly. As far as I can tell, it has poor Stamina, and in combination with it's recoil, it just isn't a good idea.
If you put XF on Variares, it will recoil out of the stadium on contact if your opponent is not in the center of the stadium.

You may have the wheel, you may have personally tested the wheel, however, the fact remains R145 is one of the best tracks for Beat. You don't need a pseudo style Bluezee launch to realize that, you just need to know how to use it. Stop feigning ignorance.

Not true at all, although XF is really risky. I was thinking MF, if you looked at my reply to Kei I would hope it's clear enough to see that it was an example that we shouldn't take things fro granted. We never would have found Big bang is a success at tall heights if we didn't persist in testing it.
R145 on Beat? How does that Harmonize? How am I feigning ignorance? Seriously, you don't need to be in the top ten to realize that Beat will get under boost mode BD145 on an 85 track to KO it. The point of an attacker is to make sure it hits at your opponent's weakest point.

I'm sorry, did you say you had Variares? Because I used XF on it for an hour or two and got nothing.
The point of r145 on beat is that it doesn't harmonise, resulting in less tornado stalling (theoretically), as it moves less "regularly". Plus it did well when tested.

Jus' clarifying that, your point still stands as a whole.

Mushy, unless you actually have the wheel (and even so), you should be more polite towards Dei, she's kindly answered your questions, so being rude and condescending towards her is hardly the correct way to respond.
(Jul. 23, 2011  3:27 AM)th!nk Wrote: The point of r145 on beat is that it doesn't harmonise, resulting in less tornado stalling (theoretically), as it moves less "regularly". Plus it did well when tested.
I would put R145 on something like Variares since Variares has 3 points to match R145's 3 points. Variares R145RF did extremely well against 230/TH170 combos. If you align the rubber of R145 to the metal ends of Variares, it works very well.

Beat works better as an upper attacker. Variares is better as a smash.
I can see why that would work, there's more contact at one time rather than it being unparallel, and not gettin gto hit barely at all. Either that, or the point of gravity is fixed more to those points, creating more force to use with smash.
(Jul. 23, 2011  3:37 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I can see why that would work, there's more contact at one time rather than it being unparallel, and not gettin gto hit barely at all. Either that, or the point of gravity is fixed more to those points, creating more force to use with smash.
It's also about focusing the weight at each point. It's unevenly distributing it, which maintains the "flower pattern".
(Jul. 23, 2011  3:27 AM)th!nk Wrote: Mushy, unless you actually have the wheel (and even so), you should be more polite towards Dei, she's kindly answered your questions, so being rude and condescending towards her is hardly the correct way to respond.
Th!ink, my questions were directed to Kei. Answering them is fine with me, it was just the quality of the answers given. If she finds from her personal testing that 85 does better than R145, then I'm prepared to say any testing she might do with Variares as an attacker are obsolete.
(Jul. 23, 2011  3:34 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2011  3:27 AM)th!nk Wrote: The point of r145 on beat is that it doesn't harmonise, resulting in less tornado stalling (theoretically), as it moves less "regularly". Plus it did well when tested.
I would put R145 on something like Variares since Variares has 3 points to match R145's 3 points. Variares R145RF did extremely well against 230/TH170 combos. If you align the rubber of R145 to the metal ends of Variares, it works very well.

There is no such thing as upper attack. Only smash or spike attack. I'd agree that Beat works best if attacking from beneath, but it certainly doesn't work that way on 85.

No, I do not have the wheel, but since you have it and have proven multiple times that you've done tests with R145 and XF, can I take a look at those please?

I really don't want to fight anymore, so this last question is in regards to the wheel being used with certain tracks. Kei, is the wheel unbalanced, more than an attack type should be anyhow? Is it possible to align the heads on BD145, and the protrusions on R145 to the major attack points?

To be really honest, I'm afraid R145 will work well, but it won't be as good a track as S130, GB145, etc. Gravity worked really well because R145 met the major attack points. With the release of 4D beyblades, R145 only helped the balanced wheels to maintain a proper attack pattern. It didn't provide much smash, none at all I think. Since many of the posts imply that the wheel is incredibly unbalanced and apparently has a carp load of smash, R145 will just balance the wheel a little, or hinder it completely. S130, or more complete tracks besides BD145 seem a better option. S130 won't do anything to make it more balanced, but it's height is excellent for something like Ares.

The wheel is in the mail, I'll get around to doing some tests when it arrives.
Mushy, I'm pretty sure Deikailo can use an attack bey quite well, and I'll wager she knows more than you do about beyblade. Be respectful.

Generally, when someone answers my questions, I am grateful. Try to hold your self-assured arrogance in for a change, and be polite.

More directly, I suggest you re-read her posts more carefully, as you have misinterpreted a number of things.
(Jul. 23, 2011  4:40 AM)Mushy Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2011  3:27 AM)th!nk Wrote: Mushy, unless you actually have the wheel (and even so), you should be more polite towards Dei, she's kindly answered your questions, so being rude and condescending towards her is hardly the correct way to respond.
Th!ink, my questions were directed to Kei. Answering them is fine with me, it was just the quality of the answers given. If she finds from her personal testing that 85 does better than R145, then I'm prepared to say any testing she might do with Variares as an attacker are obsolete.
(Jul. 23, 2011  3:34 AM)Deikailo Wrote:

There is no such thing as upper attack. Only smash or spike attack. I'd agree that Beat works best if attacking from beneath, but it certainly doesn't work that way on 85.

No, I do not have the wheel, but since you have it and have proven multiple times that you've done tests with R145 and XF, can I take a look at those please?

I really don't want to fight anymore, so this last question is in regards to the wheel being used with certain tracks. Kei, is the wheel unbalanced, more than an attack type should be anyhow? Is it possible to align the heads on BD145, and the protrusions on R145 to the major attack points?

To be really honest, I'm afraid R145 will work well, but it won't be as good a track as S130, GB145, etc. Gravity worked really well because R145 met the major attack points. With the release of 4D beyblades, R145 only helped the balanced wheels to maintain a proper attack pattern. It didn't provide much smash, none at all I think. Since many of the posts imply that the wheel is incredibly unbalanced and apparently has a carp load of smash, R145 will just balance the wheel a little, or hinder it completely. S130, or more complete tracks besides BD145 seem a better option. S130 won't do anything to make it more balanced, but it's height is excellent for something like Ares.

The wheel is in the mail, I'll get around to doing some tests when it arrives.
If you really didn't want to fight anymore, you wouldn't post 5 paragraphs trying to downplay everyone, notably about a wheel you don't even own.

All I will say is although R145 is amazing on Variares, it is only decent against select combinations. The goal of an attack type is to be able to counter the majority of staple stamina combos, not just one or two. Seeing as you haven't been to many tournaments and have only been a part of one metagame, I really don't expect you to understand the idea of selection during stalling clause.
So R145 is only good against certain combos? Man, that sucks. I'm wondering how this will fare on low tracks like 85/90 and RF/R2F/LRF. I really want to see how this does against Scythe in free spin as well.
It's no good against Scythe from what I've seen during the last tournament.

I wouldn't use Variares against other attackers, but then again, I've only tested against LLD BD145RF.
When did we come to that conclusion? There are no given tests to support that theory, yet I believe.

There is no need Dekailo. But if you are going to make a point of saying, you wouldn't recommend using it against attackers, and you've proven that you do in fact have those tests, then justify your response.
She's seen in in real life competitively, and she doesn't lie, true no 20 battles in correct format has been done, but a few battles with 2 people against each other is enough to form a rough opinion about it. Dei, how about against (MF?) MLD CH120XF?
(Jul. 23, 2011  4:57 AM)Mushy Wrote: When did we come to that conclusion? There are no given tests to support that theory, yet I believe.
Then test it yourself.
"When you push the plastic protrusions inside the Wheel and look at the Smash Attack points on each wing, it seems like it should be ridiculously powerful. However, I haven't tested Lightning L Drago extensively in a while, so it's hard for me to determine whether or not Vari Ares is actually better than it ... at the very least, what I can say–and what these results illustrate–is that it's far from being "bad".

+1 to you kind sir Wink All of your points are spot on, it looks to be a "ridiculously powerful" attacker, yet these results suggest otherwise. Even with the hindrance of BD145 on Beat, it managed to do nearly as good as R145 etc. I guess I can only speculate, but oh well.

That doesn't matter at all. Launch can influence the result of a battle by a thin margin, but you don't need to control it to the degree where it never smacks the wall at 100%. Beyblade was never this deep in terms of launching, twisting the launcher upside down and frolicking about then making a fancy launch doesn't change anything. Anyone who can shoot a beyblade can control an attack type. Except maybe beat, that thing is. erm.
(Jul. 23, 2011  5:01 AM)Mushy Wrote: "When you push the plastic protrusions inside the Wheel and look at the Smash Attack points on each wing, it seems like it should be ridiculously powerful. However, I haven't tested Lightning L Drago extensively in a while, so it's hard for me to determine whether or not Vari Ares is actually better than it ... at the very least, what I can say–and what these results illustrate–is that it's far from being "bad".

+1 to you kind sir Wink All of your points are spot on, it looks to be a "ridiculously powerful" attacker, yet these results suggest otherwise. Even with the hindrance of BD145 on Beat, it managed to do nearly as good as R145 etc. I guess I can only speculate, but well.
With all due respect to Kei, he does not use attack types.

(Jul. 23, 2011  5:00 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Dei, how about against (MF?) MLD CH120XF?
Haven't tried it yet.
R145 is really on the edge of my seat for recoil.

Eventhough my current suggestion, H145, might have recoil as well, but I really find it an amazing Attacker.

Thanks, Deikailo for suggestions, I will test when mine comes in one week.
(Jul. 23, 2011  5:39 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: R145 is really on the edge of my seat for recoil.
Basically this.

You have to change tracks depending on your situation. I haven't fooled around with H145 yet so idk.

This is definitely a wheel that everyone should test on their own. From what I can tell, there are going to be a lot of variants for this depending on personal preference.
(Jul. 23, 2011  5:48 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2011  5:39 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: R145 is really on the edge of my seat for recoil.
Basically this.

You have to change tracks depending on your situation. I haven't fooled around with H145 yet so idk.

This is definitely a wheel that everyone should test on their own. From what I can tell, there are going to be a lot of variants for this depending on personal preference.

I know why TT calls Vari Ares, Vari Ares now, haha.
(Jul. 23, 2011  4:57 AM)Mushy Wrote: When did we come to that conclusion? There are no given tests to support that theory, yet I believe.

There may not be any tests to confirm this "theory", but just spend a little bit of time with it and you'll realize why it would be a poor decision to use this against other Attackers (in fact, the reasons why have already been outlined in this thread: horrible stamina and high recoil).

(Jul. 23, 2011  5:03 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2011  5:01 AM)Mushy Wrote: "When you push the plastic protrusions inside the Wheel and look at the Smash Attack points on each wing, it seems like it should be ridiculously powerful. However, I haven't tested Lightning L Drago extensively in a while, so it's hard for me to determine whether or not Vari Ares is actually better than it ... at the very least, what I can say–and what these results illustrate–is that it's far from being "bad".

+1 to you kind sir Wink All of your points are spot on, it looks to be a "ridiculously powerful" attacker, yet these results suggest otherwise. Even with the hindrance of BD145 on Beat, it managed to do nearly as good as R145 etc. I guess I can only speculate, but well.
With all due respect to Kei, he does not use attack types.

Hmm? What do you mean by this? I may use them sparingly during tournament situations, but I by no means "do not use attack types" at all ...

I'm not even sure I understand what point Mushy was trying to make here lol

I haven't touched Vari Ares since this thread was posted, but tomorrow I'll likely be able to do more testing; this time with a whole assortment of different Tracks.
I LOVE VARIARES, thanks for the tests Kei, i hope it will be as good as Lightning on whatever track
What do you mean, "there is no such thing as upper attack"? Beat is definitely an upper attack wheel.
(Jul. 23, 2011  7:26 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: What do you mean, "there is no such thing as upper attack"?

Quote:
directly from the thread " MFB Upper Attack- A theory

Btw, these tests seem great
i knew i saw potential in VariAres
thanks u for the tests so far Kei
EDIT:correct me if i am understanding Cye's post wrong
IMO VariAres doesn't have any upper attack. It has no ramps from what I've seen on the bey itself, therefore, no "Upper" attack.