Vari Ares Discussion

Could someone test the Ares combos with CH120/145 against the same defense combos, please?
RustyXD Wrote:And were there any KO's at low rotation speed?

There was, but that may have just been because of how easy tall Beyblades can be KOed once they've been knocked off balance and are circling the stadium. Once they reach that point, all Vari Ares really needed to give was a small "nudge".

(Jul. 20, 2011  5:51 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Could someone test the Ares combos with CH120/145 against the same defense combos, please?

I actually wanted to do this, but both of my CH120's are broken. :X
Also, what about same the same tests against the defense types but in right spin?
Curious, could you please try it against MF-H Basalt ___ BD145CS in right spin? It works better for gravity. If you're just getting BD145 on BD145 contact, if you could try it on R145 or S130, it'd be cool Smile

Also: 195 is an incredibly awkward height for MF LLD BD145LRF too. I suspect it's center of gravity must be around the impact points for 145 height beys
Hey guys, I'm back Grin

Argh, please don't use BD145 on this combo. This is like an Attack Perseus version of Beat, it sucks as a high attacker. That red layer beneath the well, it acts like the ear on the Beat wheel. Putting a BD145 forces it to attack solely with BD145, the success of Lightning BD145 was that it attacked in harmony with the wheel. Not only this, but the protrusions. It turns out my piece of speculation was right on some aspects, its not always going to hit with the spikes. Kei, can I please see a video? I'd like to see how Variares manages to get KOs, and just take a look at things in general.

I think we should take a look at S130, D125 etc. I think this will work great as a mid height attacker, I think a CH120XF or regular mid height attack customs with the aforementioned tracks. As stated before, the red bit beneath Vari Ares prevent it from attacking properly on higher heights than its opponent/ with the underside of the metal wheel. Why no low tracks you may ask, is solely due to the fact you have a very poor chance against higher tracks, even if it can occasionally muscle the opposition out. The other is that low tracks perform poorly against modern defense customs, not just BD145, but I'd imagine it'd have the same difficulty against GB145RS Basalt, as well as wanting to hit directly in the centre of the metal wheel, not on the top either.

The reason it won't work on R145 specifically, is because of weight distribution, wing placement, combination of a rubber and plastic attacker, the red part obstructing its ability to attack properly, and so forth. The thing with beat was that the wings were placed in excellent position, one under an ear and the other two in a triangular pattern connected to it, and it's ability to avoid tornado stalling without sliding shoot, which is again essential if you are going to bank it only. On Ares, that bonus is nullified due to what I think to be poor weight distribution on Ares, and the red bit taking any chance of extra power R145 could provide. Using S130, a perfectly balanced track at excellent height, which in conjunction with Ares skew weight distribution which provides for a similar effect to Beat R145 is what I'd think to be "an option" in the current metagame, and even just using tracks with no added bonus in terms of raw power etc, but a gimmick perhaps? Since the red bit ruins attacking tracks, a CH120, being able to hit at stable height against any beyblade will be a viable option on Ares.

Anyhow, just my forty six cents. Kei, some description on where it hit the other combos and a video against Basalt RS would be much appreciated. Thanks for these tests btw, very indicative. So uhh, video of this if you can:

MF-L Vari Ares S130/CH120RF (No R2F please) against Basalt BD145RS.

Ah, nearly forgot to add that if possible can you try a fresh or near mint RF? We want the hole in the middle, and a faster RF, imo. Wearing it is only really needed for last gen attack combinations, or attackers which focus on attacking with no recoil, or very minimal. My* belief is that with Beat Lynx, reducing recoil to Lynx itself ultimately affects the attack or chance of attacking with great force. That and a lighter MF combined with faster, fresher RF = win.
Ah, thanks for reminding me: I want to see how Vari Ares BD145RF handles LTS/DC's, this is really just speculation but any wheel that properly harmonizes with BD145 is capable of KO'ing LTD/SC. (I only assume this because Lightning is capable of doing so and so is Quetz, while Gravity isn't so hot on this aspect.) I could be completely wrong but harmonization is extremely important and if Vari turns out to be useful we should find a track which works well with its abilities.
I think this will do good on Variares TH170LRF (Left Spin) and Variares BD145CS (defense type)
TH170 is a retarded part for an attack combo. Variares is probably not going to be good for defense, I mean, look at it.

I'mma rant about BD145 here, as I really don't think it should be what we initially test attack combo's with:

BD145 is a double edged sword. While it increases equalising and weight, it can restrict the contact the wheel makes, particularly against other BD145 Beys (see Basalt BD145MB).

If the wheel your using has poor balance/bad stamina, then it's not going to be able to really take advantage of the first part, and if it's a decent weight, it probably doesn't really need the second. Variares HAS a good weight. I don't know about it's stamina, but yeah, I suspect it's not getting a "good deal" out of BD145, unless it is 100% totally necessary to control recoil.
Well considering how most attack combinations do against Basalt BD145MB/CS, a second BD145 combination with opposite spin direction will do better than said other combinations. (I.E I'd rather have BD145 vs. BD145 than CH120 vs. BD145 attack wise) I agree it restricts contact on a lot of wheels, but if you find one which works properly with BD145 it is monstrous.
I'm just saying, I don't know if Vari Ares is one, given a lot of the contact points are a bit further away from the edges of BD145 than most wheels. Plus, as I said earlier, Gravity D125RF seems to do much better in right spin than left, so right spin without BD145 might be more effective.

Ugh, I should buy Variares, but I really just want to buy plastics right now. :\
how is TH170 retarded for attack? L-Drago Destroy TH170LRF does great against Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS.
That's because the metal wheel is a LOT higher than the other bey... Unless fighting against 230/another TH170, ect.
(Jul. 20, 2011  6:58 PM)turtle Wrote: how is TH170 retarded for attack? L-Drago Destroy TH170LRF does great against Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS.

I guess that's working cause LDD has rubber on the underside. There's a reason we rarely use Tall Attack beys, because Force Smash doesn't work well in MFB. Big Bang uses it decently, but for a wheel with a flat underside like Vari Ares, it's totally stupid.

Also, LTS/DC's will laugh at you.
(Jul. 20, 2011  6:25 AM)Meteo LDrago Wrote: try 125.
No, 125 is not as versatile as CH120, therefore replacing it would be useless. Meteo L Alchemy, clearly I was basing that off of Basalt.

Anyways, I was really thinking along the lines of MF [Tip].

Yes, I actually was, it is very good weight distribution on Vari Ares. I also agree with th!nk, two BD145s and a lot'a stamina can ruin it. Something holds down the red part would be nice, in that case I would like D125 and CH120 used. So I would like to see:

MF Vari Ares [LEFT] D125MF and RF tested. Comparison won't hurt us.

Yes, I think direct contact is seriously needed here. In relation, it is also good that low, low attackers have some capability and grip on this. I was thinking along the lines of LW105?

So: MF Vari Ares LW105MF [LEFT]

Yup, that's all I got for now. Thanks Kei for the tests.
@ BeybladeStation I was thinking of MF Variares90MF too. MF dominats on left spin. Just requesting this Kei!. Thanks.
(Jul. 20, 2011  6:49 PM)th!nk Wrote: Ugh, I should buy Variares, but I really just want to buy plastics right now. :\

Oh my god, you too?
Haha Bluezee and I are going nuts over all these plastics/HMS lots. I got one with BBA Championships Trygle, Master Dragoon, translucent yellow Ultimate Saizo and among other beys.
To be more on topic, for some reason I have never been for MF and considering how smash oriented this bey seems right now, I think high grip bottoms would maximize its potential. I know there are certain times when that is not the case, though.
Definitely can't wait to see results on R2F and LRF. Vari Ares looks like a smash abuser, haha.
Mushy, it's nice to see you back. I agree with you. S130 needs to be tested. Also, could somebody experienced with XF try this on it in left spin?
(Jul. 20, 2011  9:50 PM)Mr. N Wrote: Mushy, it's nice to see you back. I agree with you. S130 needs to be tested. Also, could somebody experienced with XF try this on it in left spin?

It'd be pretty awkward, I mean judging from the uncustomised videos, it's very recoil-y, so I'd not think it'd be a great idea.
Good point. I'm still gonna try it out though. Weak launching will minimize its recoil.
I unfortunately do not have time to respond to everything right now, but:

(Jul. 20, 2011  1:54 PM)Mushy Wrote: Ah, nearly forgot to add that if possible can you try a fresh or near mint RF? We want the hole in the middle, and a faster RF, imo.

When I say "Worn RF", I don't mean that the "hole" in the middle has vanished (that would be "Heavily Worn RF"). I just mean that it isn't completely mint.

th!nk Wrote:I'm just saying, I don't know if Vari Ares is one, given a lot of the contact points are a bit further away from the edges of BD145 than most wheels.

Actually, a lot of the contact points on Vari Ares are close to the edges of BD145, with some extending past those edges. I will test other Tracks soon; I only used BD145 for most of my initial testing because it is a powerful, popular Track right now. As I mentioned to Cye, I also wanted to test it with CH120.

Mr. N Wrote:Mushy, it's nice to see you back. I agree with you. S130 needs to be tested. Also, could somebody experienced with XF try this on it in left spin?

Using XF with Vari Ares would be silly. As far as I can tell, it has poor Stamina, and in combination with it's recoil, it just isn't a good idea.
Ya Dan, sorta what I mean.

Even though it doesn't prove much, if you watch bb18libra's, it is such a coincidence that he made some combo with MF too. After seeing his video, I think MF [Tip] should really be tested. With LW105.
is there a estimated height of the wheel?
145 i think. Bb18libra once compared the bottoms to an 145 track and they seem the same. So.. yah