Vari Ares Discussion

i have variares coming in the mail from akirasdaddy
^That is nice? Please post that in the Recent Beyblade Purchases...

Anyways, Rotation, is it 145 from start of tip all the way to bottom? Or is it start of tip and end off the start of the 3 tips?
Start of the tip to the end I mean lol.
wow! vari seems pretty good! i might just get it!
(Jul. 20, 2011  6:13 AM)Kei Wrote:
RustyXD Wrote:And were there any KO's at low rotation speed?

There was, but that may have just been because of how easy tall Beyblades can be KOed once they've been knocked off balance and are circling the stadium. Once they reach that point, all Vari Ares really needed to give was a small "nudge".
please?

Oh OK were they just little nudges or did it send the opposing bey flying?
(Jul. 20, 2011  10:12 PM)Kei Wrote: Using XF with Vari Ares would be silly. As far as I can tell, it has poor Stamina, and in combination with it's recoil, it just isn't a good idea.

They laughed at me for putting MF on Beat Lynx, but guess what? It works better than the RF variant.

I've been meaning to ask though, Kei. Does it even have recoil comparable to Lynx as everyone speculated? Or is it average?

And, I know it's crossed out but... Where did you get that from? If anything, stronger launch = less recoil.
The plastic protrusions would go out but I realized that my logic was flawed so I crossed it out.
(Jul. 21, 2011  9:48 AM)Mushy Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2011  10:12 PM)Kei Wrote: Using XF with Vari Ares would be silly. As far as I can tell, it has poor Stamina, and in combination with it's recoil, it just isn't a good idea.

They laughed at me for putting MF on Beat Lynx, but guess what? It works better than the RF variant.

I've been meaning to ask though, Kei. Does it even have recoil comparable to Lynx as everyone speculated? Or is it average?

And, I know it's crossed out but... Where did you get that from? If anything, stronger launch = less recoil.

IIRC, It can work with better spin stealers, like MF MLD CH120XF.
It doesn't really hurt to try though? For all we know, it could become part of the L Drago XF family. It seems to me like it has very little recoil anyhow, uses as a spin stealer might be all it will ever live up to.
(Jul. 21, 2011  9:48 AM)Mushy Wrote: And, I know it's crossed out but... Where did you get that from? If anything, stronger launch = less recoil.
lol look at some more recent threads on this forum.
(Jul. 21, 2011  5:56 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Oh OK were they just little nudges or did it send the opposing bey flying?

It varied depending on the situation. It scored its most impressive KOs against MF-H Basalt Aquario 100WD/CS, though.

(Jul. 21, 2011  9:48 AM)Mushy Wrote: I've been meaning to ask though, Kei. Does it even have recoil comparable to Lynx as everyone speculated? Or is it average?

I haven't tested Beat, so unfortunately I cannot give an accurate comparison. Using right-spin Attack (unless you're using Gravity Perseus or Vari Ares) is too risky in my opinion. Attack in general is risky, and using a right-spin Attacker only heightens that risk.

(Jul. 21, 2011  1:13 PM)Mushy Wrote: It doesn't really hurt to try though? For all we know, it could become part of the L Drago XF family. It seems to me like it has very little recoil anyhow, uses as a spin stealer might be all it will ever live up to.

I can guarantee you that L Drago, Lightning L Drago, Meteo L Drago, and Gravity Perseus are all far superior to Vari Ares for that purpose. That fact should be pretty obvious just by taking a look at the Wheel itself!
Variares on a lower track can KO Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS. From what I've played around with, Variares isn't a wheel that should be put on BD145. The wheel needs to be completely exposed to maximize its smash. BD145 will just push everything out of the stadium, not smash it out.
(Jul. 21, 2011  9:48 AM)Mushy Wrote: I've been meaning to ask though, Kei. Does it even have recoil comparable to Lynx as everyone speculated? Or is it average?
Yes and no. Variares is a better general attacker, however, beat is the most effective on 85 against boost mode BD145.
If you put XF on Variares, it will recoil out of the stadium on contact if your opponent is not in the center of the stadium.
Deikailo

Have you tried a higher Track like S130 or something like that to have a better chance against 230?
I've tried it on R145 and it does really well, but honestly, it doesn't need much help against 230CS. 230MF is a different story, however.
Why no LRF on Vari Ares (Left Spin)? Seems like that would get better results. If you don't have LRF, maybe someone else could test it...
Nice results. It is looking like a worthwhile bey. Thankyou for the testing but can someone please tell me how much Vari Ares weighs by itself? If it has enough weight behind it it should be even better recoil.
(Jul. 22, 2011  2:31 AM)RowDog Wrote: Nice results. It is looking like a worthwhile bey. Thankyou for the testing but can someone please tell me how much Vari Ares weighs by itself? If it has enough weight behind it it should be even better recoil.

Read the thread.
(Jul. 22, 2011  2:33 AM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2011  2:31 AM)RowDog Wrote: Nice results. It is looking like a worthwhile bey. Thankyou for the testing but can someone please tell me how much Vari Ares weighs by itself? If it has enough weight behind it it should be even better recoil.

Read the thread.
It never gave a specific weight. Don't get all snappy like that. I did read the thread and I want the grams for comparisons to other parts not just to know it has good weight distribution and what not.
(Jul. 22, 2011  2:45 AM)RowDog Wrote:

Read the thread.
It never gave a specific weight. Don't get all snappy like that. I did read the thread and I want the grams for comparisons to other parts not just to know it has good weight distribution and what not.
It's not extremely heavy if that's what you're wondering. Also, weight distribution? You won't learn that from overall weight.
(Jul. 22, 2011  2:45 AM)RowDog Wrote:

Read the thread.

You could also use the search function. It's 43.62 grams or somewhere around there.
IIRC, Vari Ares weighed about 47.7 (ish?) alltogether includind D:D.
(Jul. 22, 2011  2:45 AM)RowDog Wrote: It never gave a specific weight. Don't get all snappy like that. I did read the thread and I want the grams for comparisons to other parts not just to know it has good weight distribution and what not.

Stop being so blind and look on the simple last page :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BB-114-V...#pid719258

Why do people lie so much about checking the whole topic of things when they obviously did not­.

Unless he thought we were actually referring to this thread when Mr. N told him to "read the thread". Again, it seemed obvious that he meant the topic about VariAres, not this one ...
(Jul. 22, 2011  12:08 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2011  5:56 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Oh OK were they just little nudges or did it send the opposing bey flying?

It varied depending on the situation. It scored its most impressive KOs against MF-H Basalt Aquario 100WD/CS, though.
Yeah what doesn't Tongue_out How does this go against Basalt BD145 CS ? i don't need testing or anything just observations
(Jul. 21, 2011  4:37 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2011  9:48 AM)Mushy Wrote: And, I know it's crossed out but... Where did you get that from? If anything, stronger launch = less recoil.
lol look at some more recent threads on this forum.
Your thread refers to defense types benefiting from a weak launch. I'm referring to attack types. Have you any informal testing? I do, and it looks to work like an art of the start for attack types.
(Jul. 22, 2011  12:08 AM)Kei Wrote:

I haven't tested Beat, so unfortunately I cannot give an accurate comparison. Using right-spin Attack (unless you're using Gravity Perseus or Vari Ares) is too risky in my opinion. Attack in general is risky, and using a right-spin Attacker only heightens that risk. >>>>> mmk, I'll have a video up of my Lynx soon then. Comparable to Lightning as it was in the old metagame? As in, take Lightning and pretend it can still beat Basalt on CH120 (Even though IIRC it can), would Vari be comparable to that on the same tracks etc in terms of recoil, not actual usability?
(Jul. 21, 2011  1:13 PM)Mushy Wrote: It doesn't really hurt to try though? For all we know, it could become part of the L Drago XF family. It seems to me like it has very little recoil anyhow, uses as a spin stealer might be all it will ever live up to.

I can guarantee you that L Drago, Lightning L Drago, Meteo L Drago, and Gravity Perseus are all far superior to Vari Ares for that purpose. That fact should be pretty obvious just by taking a look at the Wheel itself!

Yes, I was just making an example, sorry if it wasn't so clear. I knew it wouldn't be a pain splitter, but using XF as an example.. Well... I was more inclined to try MF as a sort of rebounding attacker.

(Jul. 22, 2011  12:13 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Variares on a lower track can KO Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS. From what I've played around with, Variares isn't a wheel that should be put on BD145. The wheel needs to be completely exposed to maximize its smash. BD145 will just push everything out of the stadium, not smash it out.
Yes and no. Variares is a better general attacker, however, beat is the most effective on 85 against boost mode BD145.
If you put XF on Variares, it will recoil out of the stadium on contact if your opponent is not in the center of the stadium.

You may have the wheel, you may have personally tested the wheel, however, the fact remains R145 is one of the best tracks for Beat. You don't need a pseudo style Bluezee launch to realize that, you just need to know how to use it. Stop feigning ignorance.

Not true at all, although XF is really risky. I was thinking MF, if you looked at my reply to Kei I would hope it's clear enough to see that it was an example that we shouldn't take things fro granted. We never would have found Big bang is a success at tall heights if we didn't persist in testing it.