[Vancouver BC, Canada] Beat the Heat! - July 10th 2011.

on
Hosted by
  Hero
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

This tournament is over. Thanks to all the participants who showed up. If you are interested in another tournament in the Vancouver area check out this thread over here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Vancouver-Canada-August

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

D-Day guys! Are you all psyched?! Best of luck to all the bladers competing!

Hero: If possible, do try to get a video up buddy. Smile
It's still July 9th here. LOL
Thanks Uwik. I'll try to record something. At least the final matches.
Haha, I thought you guys will all be asleep and read my post when you wake tomorrow first thing... Smile
It's only 10:20 PM. Hah.

Anyways, attendance for this event is now closed. I will not be adding anymore users now.
You can move me to the fully attending list. I'll try to get there a bit earlier. It's been a while since I biked down there.
(Jul. 10, 2011  6:21 AM)Matibulin Wrote: You can move me to the fully attending list. I'll try to get there a bit earlier. It's been a while since I biked down there.

Alright. Thanks. I hope to see you tomorrow. Grin
hero can you please move me to maybe list thanks
Whoa. What's with everyone moving lists at the last minute? Lists have been finalized.
Ill try to come and cheer everyone on but I can't beyblade there cause I don't have them right now
Our car has been stuck on west georgia for more than 45 mins...i will try to get there as soon as possible.

P.S Ingram is with me
Where is the tournament's location specifically?
Under the gazebo at second beach by the playground . There is only 8 people here . Where is everyone ?
Under the gazebo by the park . Hero and villain , vanitas , strelok , ovenroast , marko , the guy named matt , sdr3x , and others are here .
Wow, good luck guys. I just got back to Vancouver, wish I could've gone.
Skori and I looked everywhere and couldn't find you guys. Sorry, maybe next time.
The results are in!

In 1st place is Hero, who chose Gravity Perseus as his prize. (Well actually, Villain chose it for him.)
In 2nd place is Fire Eternal, who chose the Beyblade Super Deck set as his prize.
In 3rd place is Vanitas, who received Meteo L-Drago as his prize.

Hero used: MF Gravity Perseus BD145R2F, MF-L Hell Bull 230CS, MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS/WF, and (I think) MF Lightning L-Drago BD145R2F.

Fire Eternal used: MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS, MF-H Basalt Bull 85/105/230WD, and MF-H Basalt Bull TH170/230CS

Vanitas used: MF-F/Normal Face Hell Bull BD145WD

Correct me if I'm wrong on any point.
(Jul. 11, 2011  4:41 AM)MrKiteWah Wrote: Skori and I looked everywhere and couldn't find you guys. Sorry, maybe next time.

It's okay. We had fun anyways. Grin

Anyways. I would like to thank everyone for showing up today. We all have a fun day and enjoyed seeing so many faces. It was interesting seeing so many unique customizations winning the tournament. I hope you guys enjoyed it and will be there next time. Thanks!

- Hero

Here are the results of our tournament:
First place: Hero
Second place: Fire Eternal
Third place: Vanitas

I will be sending the committee the results. Thanks for attending and hopefully our next tournament will be better. Grin

Edit: Thanks for posting the results Fire Eternal. By the way, I used MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF, MF Gravity Perseus BD145R2F, and MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS.
Congratulations to my boy Hero!

Winning your own tournament isn't easy, not losing a match is bloody hardcore.

And MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF (and CS) is a pretty ungodly beast.
Nice win Hero! Congrats on the win!
No losses? You my good sir are a BEAST! Grin
He is ridiculous, that's why I love him (no homo).

No place for Momo? Unhappy His 3 LDD didn't win it for him?
(Jul. 11, 2011  5:53 AM)th!nk Wrote: Congratulations to my boy Hero!

Winning your own tournament isn't easy, not losing a match is bloody hardcore.

And MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF (and CS) is a pretty ungodly beast.

I know right? Thanks to you for being my partner in building the combo. Together we shall rule the world!!

(Jul. 11, 2011  5:58 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Nice win Hero! Congrats on the win!
No losses? You my good sir are a BEAST! Grin

It's not the first time I've done it. ;D

(Jul. 11, 2011  5:59 AM)th!nk Wrote: He is ridiculous, that's why I love him (no homo).

No place for Momo? Unhappy His 3 LDD didn't win it for him?

Same here (no homo).

Momo didn't get too far. He's a great guy though. He gave me a ride there, took me to pick up Scythe Kronos (as well as his 3rd LDD), and even stuck around to judge despite knowing he'd be late for his Back Street Boys concert here in Vancouver. He's the best. I'm sure he'll destroy me next time. Grin
桃太郎 and I are just the same.
(Jul. 11, 2011  6:18 AM)Kai-V Wrote: 桃太郎 and I are just the same.

You saw his results? LOL
(Jul. 11, 2011  6:26 AM)Hero Wrote: You saw his results? LOL

If I had not participated exclusively in Single or Double Elimination tournaments and had had as many matches as he did, I would have probably gotten the same result anyway, hah.
(Jul. 11, 2011  6:33 AM)Kai-V Wrote: If I had not participated exclusively in Single or Double Elimination tournaments and had had as many matches as he did, I would have probably gotten the same result anyway, hah.

Haha. I'm sure you two would do better next time. I feel bad for him though, his car got a ticket for parking which is ridiculous because there was no warning anywhere saying he couldn't park. Also, he was 45 minutes late for his concert because he decided to judge the last round. He's an amazing guy.
How many people ended up showing up?

Backstreet Boys? I'm jealous. Unhappy