[Vancouver BC, Canada] Beat the Heat! - July 10th 2011.

on
Hosted by
  Hero
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

This tournament is over. Thanks to all the participants who showed up. If you are interested in another tournament in the Vancouver area check out this thread over here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Vancouver-Canada-August

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Yes, Momo is an awesome person. He even gave someone one of his WD's because their's wore down on the cement.

Didn't Yamislayer post MF-H Basalt Libra TH170 CS some time ago? Apparently it's quite versatile. I think it can be beaten by MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS, but I could be wrong.

Oh, so th!nk had a part in MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF. It's a variant of MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230WF/MF, isn't it?

Don't worry, those combos will be beaten soon enough Tongue_out
(Jul. 11, 2011  7:09 AM)Deikailo Wrote: How many people ended up showing up?

Backstreet Boys? I'm jealous. Unhappy

16 people including one who showed up and signed up from there.

Haha. He won those tickets for free too.

(Jul. 11, 2011  7:17 AM)Fire Eternal Wrote: Yes, Momo is an awesome person. He even gave someone one of his WD's because their's wore down on the cement.

Didn't Yamislayer post MF-H Basalt Libra TH170 CS some time ago? Apparently it's quite versatile. I think it can be beaten by MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS, but I could be wrong.

Oh, so th!nk had a part in MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF. It's a variant of MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230WF/MF, isn't it?

I know, he's such a nice guy. By the way, you still have his CS when you borrowed it from him.

Yamislayer did post a thread but he didn't post any results. I think it'll be fair if th!nk and I open a thread.

It is but at the same time it isn't. It performs much better in my opinion. TH170 makes all the difference in this true balance combo.

Keep your eyes open, th!nk and I will be posting our secrets for those combos. Tongue_out Totally called it.
Well congrats Hero cant wait to see your beyrank after this 10 wins 0 losses , and just wait i found a counter Wink
(Jul. 11, 2011  7:22 AM)Hero Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2011  7:17 AM)Fire Eternal Wrote: Yes, Momo is an awesome person. He even gave someone one of his WD's because their's wore down on the cement.

I know, he's such a nice guy. By the way, you still have his CS when you borrowed it from him.

Yamislayer did post a thread but he didn't post any results. I think it'll be fair if th!nk and I open a thread.

It is but at the same time it isn't. It performs much better in my opinion. TH170 makes all the difference in this true balance combo.

Keep your eyes open, th!nk and I will be posting our secrets for those combos. Tongue_out Totally called it.

Sure thing, and maybe this should be an opportunity for me to contribute more to this forum. I'm thinking about getting WF.
By the way, I already messaged Momo about the CS. Kinda funny, I was in the car on the way back home and I had a facepalm moment when I realized I didn't return it. Maybe I can have a friend bring it to him at the next tourney. Otherwise, I could meet up with him at Crystal Mall.
(Jul. 11, 2011  7:25 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Well congrats Hero cant wait to see your beyrank after this 10 wins 0 losses , and just wait i found a counter Wink

Good luck finding a counter. There are two main ways to launch it and three different heights. What up?

Test against it. 20 rounds of testing for each height and 20 for each launch style. 120 rounds of testing before you can prove you've got a counter. Sound fun?

(Jul. 11, 2011  7:26 AM)Fire Eternal Wrote: Sure thing, and maybe this should be an opportunity for me to contribute more to this forum. I'm thinking about getting WF.
By the way, I already messaged Momo about the CS. Kinda funny, I was in the car on the way back home and I had a facepalm moment when I realized I didn't return it. Maybe I can have a friend bring it to him at the next tourney. Otherwise, I could meet up with him at Crystal Mall.

Haha. Why don't you just buy him a new one. You dented it anyways right?
The tournament woke me up; it made me realize that I must read around and understand the current top Combos, how to manipulate and how to counter them. Two days ago was when I first picked up my first Big Bang Pegasis and L-Drago Destroy, and I was fiddling with both until 2:00 a.m. in the morning. By the time I got there, I had no intentions of winning, but just to have fun and meet the other Vancouver Bladers (and my fans).

A few things irritated me though. For one thing, I didn't really appreciate some of my parts being gone through and thrown around as if they were nothing. Another thing was my brand new F:D smacking the bench, but I'm glad Fire Eternal saved it for me. Finally, as one of the primary judges at the tournament, I wanted people to launch on my command, but sometimes, people didn't.

Other than that, good tournament. I apologize for being late; traffic was horrendous. We didn't know why Downtown Vancouver was that congested. I'm hoping to hold a future tournament in a place that's relatively easy to get to. I was ticketed at Stanley Park.....

A huge, huge thanks to Hero for all his hard work here at the tournament. Organizing and judging.
correct me if i am wroung but hero dint you lose to me and 1 other person due to out spin ? but congrats on winning the tournament but i dont think you wear 10 and 0
I'm guessing not, but I think Hero's gone to bed now.

If you were using Hell BD145WD against him, though, you would've lost to all three of his main combo's. Apparently it came close with someone using a low track basalt combo, but he came back and won 3-2 by KO.

That said, PM him maybe instead of starting a dispute about legitimacy in the thread? It's kinda poor form :\
First of all i beat one of hero combo all 3 times then when we versed the first time and in the second time he beat me all by ring out so i dont know were you got your idea that they cant be beaten

other then that yeahh i guess your right but i just dint want everyone to think that he went 10 and 0 cuz then it makes everyone els look bad
(Jul. 11, 2011  8:46 AM)Vanitas Wrote: correct me if i am wroung but hero dint you lose to me and 1 other person due to out spin ? but congrats on winning the tournament but i dont think you wear 10 and 0

I don't remember losing. I have had close matches but it doesn't show losses for me. Are you sure you watched my whole match? Yes, I got outspun a couple rounds here and there but not enough times for me to have lost a match. Besides, I knocked out your Hell Kerbecs BD145WD with my MF Gravity Perseus BD145R2F. I've won and my streak stays 10-0. It even shows on paper. Thanks for pointing that out though. I hope to see you next time Vanitas. Grin
I never said they're invincible, I've been using two of them myself and lost matches, there are things they're only 60/40 or 50/50 against, so it's possible to lose, but they're very good in that there's very little that they can't get 50% against.

I was just saying that with Hell Bull BD145WD, you would have lost to all of those combo's, were the arena like testing, considering they all do really, really well against it.

Hero, do you recall who judged the match? Maybe someone remembers?

Someone going 10-0 hardly makes anyone else look bad, it just makes them look really good, so that's a ridiculous excuse.
(Jul. 11, 2011  9:07 AM)th!nk Wrote: I never said they're invincible, I've been using two of them myself and lost matches, there are things they're only 60/40 or 50/50 against, so it's possible to lose, but they're very good in that there's very little that they can't get 50% against.

I was just saying that with Hell Bull BD145WD, you would have lost to all of those combo's, were the arena like testing, considering they all do really, really well against it.

Hero, do you recall who judged the match? Maybe someone remembers?

Someone going 10-0 hardly makes anyone else look bad, it just makes them look really good, so that's a ridiculous excuse.

are your serious? if someone goes 10 and 0 it makes it look like the person with 10 wins blew the competition right out out of the water
Nope, has anyone said "man your competition must have sucked, hero"? I think not, because it's a ridiculous assumption.

And do you realise how serious the accusation you're throwing around is, right? You are accusing the organiser of forging results for a spinning top game, which could hold up results and mean the committee will need to be involved.

If you would kindly try to recall which combo's you and Hero used in your two matches, it would probably help, so could you please tell us?

FWIW, your Hell combo was one of the ones we practised and tested against before the tourney, it honestly does miserably against MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF as long as the latter is launched correctly (and Hero is very good with it), which Hero was using from what I can tell. I mean, seriously.

Also, Fire Eternal, I'm told you may have been judge. Any recollection?
(Jul. 11, 2011  9:20 AM)th!nk Wrote: Nope, has anyone said "man your competition must have sucked, hero"? I think not, because it's a ridiculous assumption.

And do you realise how serious the accusation you're throwing around is, right? You are accusing the organiser of forging results for a spinning top game, which could hold up results and mean the committee will need to be involved.

If you would kindly try to recall which combo's you and hero used in your two matches, it would probably help, so could you please tell us?

the first match was my hell bull bd145 and his basult TH170 something i recall winning the first battle but i trust hero and we talked he is a friend of mine so the community or you dont need to get involved plus people took vids so i will just watch those to refresh my memories but we talked and its all good he is 10 and 0 this tournament
Okay, thanks man Smile

Yeah, because Th170WF is like, impossible to lose with against Hell BD145WD.

Might I suggest you use kerbecs instead (orient it to cover the gaps in hell). Should theoretically do better than bull, which doesn't balance well with Hell Smile CS may be a better choice, actually, there's been a fair bit discussed about WD's lack of reliability in that combo Smile
(Jul. 11, 2011  9:30 AM)th!nk Wrote: Okay, thanks man Smile

Yeah, because Th170WF is like, impossible to lose with against Hell BD145WD.

Might I suggest you use kerbecs instead (orient it to cover the gaps in hell). Should theoretically do better than bull, which doesn't balance well with Hell Smile CS may be a better choice, actually, there's been a fair bit discussed about WD's lack of reliability in that combo Smile

thanks but no thanks i like to be original. but now that that conversation is over lets move on so we dont get warnings for spam etc Smile
Alright. Now that all that is resolved. Thanks th!nk for having my back, you're a great friend. Grin Vanitas, you're a great blader but you need more variety. Don't stick to one combo all tournament, especially not a WD based custom. CS would be smarter. You're a good blader and that's why you've placed second this time. Keep at it.
Also, seeing as Hell Bull was on the top tier list before Kerbecs, it's far more mainstream Wink
Alright. I'll post this here right now. I'm seriously annoyed; my legitimacy has been questioned by some users here. You know who you guys are. You guys have PMed me and have been telling me to recall matches that I don't even remember playing. You've been telling me I've lost some matches, seriously? I'm getting fed up. This is seriously discouraging me from hosting anything in the near future. Why would I want to host something and have to face all this for trouble? Why the hell would I cheat for the sake of a game about a children's toy? I had a handful of judges that I relied on to give me accurate results and now I'm getting into trouble for following those results. How is that fair? I'm really considering calling of the tournament in August because of this. I expect apology PMs from those two who have been accusing me.

For the rest of the participants, I'm deeply sorry that the next tournament may be canceled. Hosting tournaments is hard stuff and there are so many responsibilities. I really think that its a really unappreciated role that has very little in return. Apologies if this causes inconveniences, I'm just tired of get little recognition, accusations, and almost no thanks for hosting these things. I will post my decision when I've made up my mind.

Best Regards,
- Hero
By the way, you were not in any trouble in my eyes.
(Jul. 12, 2011  7:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, you were not in any trouble in my eyes.

i agree with Kai- V
Also, just in terms of results being processed, switching a winner for a loser is very easy anyway.
(Jul. 12, 2011  10:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Also, just in terms of results being processed, switching a winner for a loser is very easy anyway.

also someone could of made a mistake when they were wrighting down the results and a bunch of other things but im not saying anything els intill i see vid Smile
Alright. Thanks for having my back Kai-V. When will those results be processed anyways?

I guess it is relatively easy for someone to swap events. Hmm, but you only let certain users host events, no?
(Jul. 13, 2011  5:40 AM)Hero Wrote: Alright. Thanks for having my back Kai-V. When will those results be processed anyways?

I guess it is relatively easy for someone to swap events. Hmm, but you only let certain users host events, no?

"Swap events" ?