VANCOUVER BEYBATTLE: August 22 at 2 PM - Metropolis Comics and Toys

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

VANCOUVER BEYBATTLE

Metropolis Comics and Toys
Saturday, August 22 @ 2 PM

102-4800 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC V5H 4J2

Vancouver BeyBattle is the first WBO tournament in Vancouver, BC, and the first gathering of the Vancouver BeyClub!

To enter this tournament, you will need to pay either a $5 registration fee or have a Blader Passport ($10), which can be purchased on-site. Format is Metal Fight Beyblade ONLY. If you don't have an MFB, you will be able to purchase one.

Prizes TBD. I don't know if their will be prizes yet, or if the winner will be entered into an upcoming WBO contest for event winners. People on eBay are ignoring my messages, sadly Unhappy Hopefully I can get something, though.

More details will be posted as they come in!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Great write-up. Yeah, SD saved me in the end, D didn't cut it. I kept getting freakishly KOed by stuff like Aquario, even against MF Libra C145WB. I was so shaken haha

I actually made sure that you, myself and G were all in separate blocks so it wouldn't be too imbalanced since I sort of assumed we'd all move forward. Oops.
Hiro, I'll be in BC a little bit longer so we can still hang out! Grin
xD Good, at least one of you four will still be here a bit Tongue_out
And one of my best friends from my hometown is moving to the area soon, so I think I'll have to introduce the two of you. Smile

Currently processing my pictures from the event, took over 160 of them so it'll take a while.

Did anyone get any shots of what I was wearing? I forgot to do an outfit pic that day. Unhappy
(Aug. 24, 2009  3:21 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yeah, SD saved me in the end, D didn't cut it.

What made you switch to SD? Just the other day you said, contrary to my results with SD, that you found D to be better.
(Aug. 25, 2009  3:58 AM)Kei Wrote: What made you switch to SD? Just the other day you said, contrary to my results with SD, that you found D to be better.

because my VirgoDF145D lost to VirgoDF145SD lmao
(Aug. 25, 2009  4:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: because my VirgoDF145D lost to VirgoDF145SD lmao

ahahaha Smug
Alright, pics are up!
Quality on some of them is pretty shoddy since this camera's settings were still at the default and I let photobucket do the resizing.

http://s557.photobucket.com/albums/ss16/...%20220809/
Glad it turned out well! Congrats Brad!
I have to say it was quite fun despite getting almost completely shut out. I had not planned to participate but I'm glad I did.

Thanks for running the battle Brad, and congrats on your win.
im trying to start another one up so if its ok with u guys we sholde do this agien
erm why did you revive this topic to say that..
(Nov. 29, 2009  1:30 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: erm why did you revive this topic to say that..
Just to try to get in contact with beybladers near Vancouver, where he wants to start another tournament ...

But, iBladeBreak, you should probably try to send them an e-mail.
Er, know some of the guys who participated on facebook? I believe they've got a group going there. Unfortunately I haven't made it out to any of the mini-meets/sessions, but I'm organizing a big one for December/January. It's kind of a matter of responses. PM me some contact info and I can keep you informed.
Would be interesting but dont have a metal as of yet.
(omfg dead thread my bad guys, my apologies)
(Aug. 25, 2009  8:39 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: Alright, pics are up!
Quality on some of them is pretty shoddy since this camera's settings were still at the default and I let photobucket do the resizing.

http://s557.photobucket.com/albums/ss16/...%20220809/

I just saw this link now...

Supaburn

I wish I knew I was having pictures taken while I was alseep haha
if there is another one can someone let me know
(Jan. 15, 2010  7:18 AM)tyson_smith Wrote: if there is another one can someone let me know

You could always try and host your own tournament.
i dont think i can handle it and beybrads ttourrnment i heard wear the best
please can any of you beybladers create an event for this week at the excel, st james park or regent park please
from ferbruary 1st to february 8th
thats monday 1st of feb to monday 8th of feb please if you can
please can any of you beybladers create an event for this week at the excel, st james park or regent park please from ferbruary 1st to february 8th
thats monday 1st of feb to monday 8th of feb please if you can
will there be a new event in Vancouver sometime in the future? it would be great to have an event where you can use any beyblade and have it split into sections : plastic/hms/mfb
No one has stepped up to running an event in Vancouver yet. Odds are you are not going to see tournaments tailored to the old system. Focus will be solely on MFB.
|||||Kai||||| might be holding one here soon in like august i think?
also theres WOW at the PNE from August 20 to September 6
awesomesauce. brad I hope you'll be there!! and I don't have Japanese school that day, so I'm good to go~