[Unanswered]  Why is Valkyrie so bad on dash drivers when it feels so tight?

(Oct. 15, 2019  2:03 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2019  11:42 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Valkyrie and Longinus are the best Chips (Burst Resistance-wise) to use on Defense and Stamina Bases. Valkyrie and Longinus also work decently well on Attack and Balance Bases when there isn't a Dash Driver. If you try Slash Valkyrie Blitz Quick' against Orb Egis 0 Star Keep and then try the same combo with Ashura, you'll probably notice that Valkyrie is going to be at one click much more often than Ashura will be halfway through Bursting.
I guess 2 strong clicks is better than 1 very strong teeth.

(Oct. 15, 2019  11:26 AM)bladekid Wrote: No they don't.
Yes they are.

Not trying to be mean but I'm 99% sure bladekid knows what he's talking about and you don't seem to listen you just want to argue. Even when people who've had experience with the parts you are talking about in competitive play, so they would know more than you. Sorry but you're basis toward Valkyrie and it's blinding you from seeing the truth
(Oct. 15, 2019  8:19 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2019  2:03 PM)g2_ Wrote: I guess 2 strong clicks is better than 1 very strong teeth.

Yes they are.
Ok, then by that logic the frame weigh the same.

What logic? And if you think they weigh more, just weigh them yourself. Then you'll see that they all weigh the same except Diabolos, which doesn't count since it has a built in weight.
(Oct. 15, 2019  8:57 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2019  2:03 PM)g2_ Wrote: I guess 2 strong clicks is better than 1 very strong teeth.

Yes they are.

What logic? And if you think they weigh more, just weigh them yourself. Then you'll see that they all weigh the same except Diabolos, which doesn't count since it has a built in weight.

Based on the 4 GT Chips I have owned:
Valkyrie: 3.08g
Fafnir: 2.74g
Joker: 2.92g
Longinus: 2.95g

Why is this even an argument? Unless all of your GT chips miraculously weigh the same amount (which is highly unlikely, since it's common for even two of the same chip to have different weights), they literally aren't the same weight. This isn't even, like, something you can have an opinion on.
(Oct. 15, 2019  9:23 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2019  8:57 PM)Armor Wrote: What logic? And if you think they weigh more, just weigh them yourself. Then you'll see that they all weigh the same except Diabolos, which doesn't count since it has a built in weight.

Based on the 4 GT Chips I have owned:
Valkyrie: 3.08g
Fafnir: 2.74g
Joker: 2.92g
Longinus: 2.95g

Why is this even an argument? Unless all of your GT chips miraculously weigh the same amount (which is highly unlikely, since it's common for even two of the same chip to have different weights), they literally aren't the same weight. This isn't even, like, something you can have an opinion on.
That's simply because of mold differences. I have 2 Winning Valkyrie's and there is a one gram difference between them.

(Oct. 15, 2019  8:41 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote:

Yes they are.

Not trying to be mean but I'm 99% sure bladekid knows what he's talking about and you don't seem to listen you just want to argue. Even when people who've had experience with the parts you are talking about in competitive play, so they would know more than you. Sorry but you're basis toward Valkyrie and it's blinding you from seeing the truth
Wow, everything you've just said is incorrect. First of all, even if Valkyrie isn't the best I would still love him. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about since I've been in tournaments too. Should've done your research first before trying to start an argument. We could've had a nice conversation but you had to be rude, shame.
(Oct. 15, 2019  9:32 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2019  8:41 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote: Not trying to be mean but I'm 99% sure bladekid knows what he's talking about and you don't seem to listen you just want to argue. Even when people who've had experience with the parts you are talking about in competitive play, so they would know more than you. Sorry but you're basis toward Valkyrie and it's blinding you from seeing the truth
Wow, everything you've just said is incorrect. First of all, even if Valkyrie isn't the best I would still love him. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about since I've been in tournaments too. Should've done your research first before trying to start an argument. We could've had a nice conversation but you had to be rude, shame.

"First of all, even if Valkyrie isn't the best I would still love him"

Mate, literally no one said you aren't allowed to like Valkyrie, whether it's good or not. There's a distinct difference between loving a bey and saying a bey is competitively good. Sure, the meanings usually intertwine if you only love competitive beys but otherwise, there can be people who love beys that are bad competitively. I'm not saying Valkyrie isn't competitive, far from it. I just wanted to give a scenario.

"You clearly have no idea what you're talking about since I've been in tournaments too."

And for the record, the Valkyrie Chip is supposed to be good on Judgement as well as some defense/stamina combinations. From what I can tell, you seem to already know this so why are you asking a question that you already have the answer to? Did you just want validation that the Valkyrie Chip is good?
(Oct. 15, 2019  10:45 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2019  9:32 PM)g2_ Wrote:

"First of all, even if Valkyrie isn't the best I would still love him"

Mate, literally no one said you aren't allowed to like Valkyrie, whether it's good or not. There's a distinct difference between loving a bey and saying a bey is competitively good. Sure, the meanings usually intertwine if you only love competitive beys but otherwise, there can be people who love beys that are bad competitively. I'm not saying Valkyrie isn't competitive, far from it. I just wanted to give a scenario.

"You clearly have no idea what you're talking about since I've been in tournaments too."

And for the record, the Valkyrie Chip is supposed to be good on Judgement as well as some defense/stamina combinations. From what I can tell, you seem to already know this so why are you asking a question that you already have the answer to? Did you just want validation that the Valkyrie Chip is good?
Of course not, but based on my testing Valkyrie bursts even on a dash driver more than Ashura and Achilles.

Yes they are.

That makes 0 sense. Frames have a significant difference in the amount of plastic used between different designs (Dagger VS Wall VS Bump) whereas GT chips are all the same shape, with very minuscule differences in the amount of plastic used (Mainly because of the motif designs added to them). The very most that I'd expect a standard GT chip to differ in weight is MAYBE .20g. The scale I have doesn't do decimals, so it's mostly just a rough guess.
My Valkyrie Chip is tight
(Oct. 16, 2019  12:58 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2019  8:19 PM)bladekid Wrote: Ok, then by that logic the frame weigh the same.

That makes 0 sense. Frames have a significant difference in the amount of plastic used between different designs (Dagger VS Wall VS Bump) whereas GT chips are all the same shape, with very minuscule differences in the amount of plastic used (Mainly because of the motif designs added to them). The very most that I'd expect a standard GT chip to differ in weight is MAYBE .20g.  The scale I have doesn't do decimals, so it's mostly just a rough guess.
If you look at the frames released in the god series, there were only about max .9 grams difference with most being around .4 difference, same with the chips. Like Hydra weighs around 3.2 and Spriggan is around 2.8, which is a .4 gram difference.
(Oct. 16, 2019  2:13 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 16, 2019  12:58 AM)BladerGem Wrote: That makes 0 sense. Frames have a significant difference in the amount of plastic used between different designs (Dagger VS Wall VS Bump) whereas GT chips are all the same shape, with very minuscule differences in the amount of plastic used (Mainly because of the motif designs added to them). The very most that I'd expect a standard GT chip to differ in weight is MAYBE .20g.  The scale I have doesn't do decimals, so it's mostly just a rough guess.
If you look at the frames released in the god series, there were only about max .9 grams difference with most being around .4 difference, same with the chips. Like Hydra weighs around 3.2 and Spriggan is around 2.8, which is a .4 gram difference.

Okay? That's still not grounds to use any one chip over another... You also have to factor in teeth height, number of teeth, and spin direction. For example, you wouldn't use Valkyrie over Ashura on a Judgement combo *just* because it weighs a quarter of a gram more, right? You'd use the Ashura chip because of the increased number of teeth and the synergy it has with ' drivers.

Even if basic GT chips *do* have slightly different weights, it's such a minuscule difference that it would never warrant using one chip over another solely due to weight.
(Oct. 14, 2019  2:46 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2019  2:45 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: because like what I said it gets hit and clicks it goes straight to half whereas ashura and achilles go to one or two click at the 1/5 mark valkyire is at 1/2 achilles is at 1/5 then mega hit valkyire bursts and achilles is at 3/4 at most

But Ashura and Achilles would click faster.

The teeth in the bey and the little protrusion on a driver can only be so tight. If the tightness is affected less by what chip is used on a dash driver, then it would be better if there are more slightly weaker clicks instead of only two strong clicks. It's what everyone's been saying. However, strong teeth are better for regular drivers since the spring isn't that strong and it needs to lock in as much as possible, so the strong teeth help.
This really depends on your layer. On Slash, it's really bad because of high recoil from Slash makes it skip teeth even on a Dash driver. Chips like Valkyrie serve better on defense layers.
So just to recap the explanation on this:

Valkyrie on Dash Driver = will Burst because 2 strong clicks still equate to needing just 2 clicks to be Bursted despite the tightness of the Dash Driver in question, where 1 impact would cost already 1 to 2 clicks

Chips with more but slightly weaker teeth on Dash Driver = will Burst less since there are more clicks for the Driver teeth to hug to before actually Bursting, where 1 impact would cost already 1 to 2 clicks
Valkyrie Chip isn't ever tight, it's just a block as a tooth
Isn't it funny how attack chips are good for defense/stamina, and defense/stamina chips are good for attack?
(Nov. 03, 2019  2:36 PM)Armor Wrote: Isn't it funny how attack chips are good for defense/stamina, and defense/stamina chips are good for attack?

Well chips really are there for the teeth. Of course a rounder design that comes with a mediocre GT Chip with weak teeth would have to be put with something like an attack GT chip with strong teeth. It makes a combo like Lord OP. Although I’m pretty sure Spriggan has good teeth so maybe bad example.
It's not a full line of teeth. It's super tight, but once something like Judgement hits it, it'll go straight to half way to bursting. Something like Ashura, Achilles, Bahamut, or Fafnir has a full line of teeth, taking clicks one at a time.