[Unanswered]  Please can you help a clueless mum make a boys birthday! No idea where to start.

I hope you guys don't mind me asking here.  My son(10) is an anime fan and recently got into Beyblade. I bought him a cheap set of non genuine beyblades and thought he would get bored of them after 2 minutes, but he loves them!

I now want to get him some of the hasbro ones for his birthday but have no idea where to start. 

Would anyone be so kind as to point me to what I'd need as a good starting point for him. He mainly plays alone or with me as its pretty unheard of amongst his friends here in the UK.

The one thing he really needs is a decent arena/stadium if anyone can recommend one? He defo wants bursts. He also has mentioned he wants Roktavor. He will need 2 x launcher also and I'm looking at getting him at least 4 beyblades. 

If anyone could give me any ideas I'd really appreciate it. After looking into these a bit I can see there is much more to it than just buying 4 random beyblades,  but I'd rather do it as a suprise than ask my son.

Tia x
You could get him a set such as the limit break dx set which comes with 2 beys 2 launchers and 1 stadium and you could also get him to glide Roktavor/Ragnarok. You could also get him a bey such as dynamite Belial for the last Beyblade. You can get them on websites such as Malloftoys.com or BeysandBricks.com.
(May. 19, 2021  10:25 PM)PuddleGemBob Wrote: I hope you guys don't mind me asking here.  My son(10) is an anime fan and recently got into Beyblade. I bought him a cheap set of non genuine beyblades and thought he would get bored of them after 2 minutes, but he loves them!

I now want to get him some of the hasbro ones for his birthday but have no idea where to start. 

Would anyone be so kind as to point me to what I'd need as a good starting point for him. He mainly plays alone or with me as its pretty unheard of amongst his friends here in the UK.

The one thing he really needs is a decent arena/stadium if anyone can recommend one? He defo wants bursts. He also has mentioned he wants Roktavor. He will need 2 x launcher also and I'm looking at getting him at least 4 beyblades. 

If anyone could give me any ideas I'd really appreciate it. After looking into these a bit I can see there is much more to it than just buying 4 random beyblades,  but I'd rather do it as a suprise than ask my son.

Tia x

Hmmm try buying him the originals like victory valtrek or storm spryzen hope this helps
(May. 19, 2021  10:25 PM)PuddleGemBob Wrote: I hope you guys don't mind me asking here.  My son(10) is an anime fan and recently got into Beyblade. I bought him a cheap set of non genuine beyblades and thought he would get bored of them after 2 minutes, but he loves them!

Tia x
Hi, I would recommend Takara Tomy over Hasbro as they are mostly (far) better than the Hasbro beyblades. If you are looking for roktavor then type "ragnaruk" in the search bar. (ragnaruk is the japanese version of roktavor). I hope this will help you a bit. If you need anything just quote this post.

some recommended sites I use:
https://theportal0.com/
https://ever-wish.com/

Tia x
If you want Hasbro which won't last as long but are cheaper, than use Target.
For the highest quality, try this website: https://malloftoys.com/
For both of these you can't go wrong.
(May. 19, 2021  10:38 PM)JJustice Wrote:

Tia x

Hmmm try buying him the originals like victory valtrek or storm spryzen hope this helps

singles and dual layers are rare as frick
(May. 19, 2021  10:43 PM)USN Wrote:

Tia x
If you want Hasbro which won't last as long but are cheaper, than use Target.
MallofToys only ships in NA
(May. 19, 2021  10:51 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(May. 19, 2021  10:43 PM)USN Wrote: If you want Hasbro which won't last as long but are cheaper, than use Target.

Oh. I live in NA so that never occurred to me.(That MallofToys only shipped to NA not that they live somewhere else.)
Try this https://images.app.goo.gl/vdaugZ1bkmuuRqsq8
ok try something like hmm raging rognurak
(May. 19, 2021  11:12 PM)JJustice Wrote: funny think were all speaking to a mom and were teaching her beyblade wow

honestly, it's not that funny. Parents come to the WBO a lot and ask for some tips/info. So it isn't a big deal.
(May. 19, 2021  11:14 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(May. 19, 2021  11:12 PM)JJustice Wrote: funny think were all speaking to a mom and were teaching her beyblade wow

honestly, it's not that funny. Parents come to the WBO a lot and ask for some tips/info. So it isn't a big deal.

okay i was talking to the newbies who have never talked to parents on wbo ok

It's not funny dude. Parents come asking for advice about beyblade and we give them some. Plus, people of any ages can play beyblade.
(May. 19, 2021  11:31 PM)UnionDragon007 Wrote:

It's not funny dude. Parents come asking for advice about beyblade and we give them some. Plus, people of any ages can play beyblade.

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]okay i was talking to the newbies who have never talked to parents on wbo ok[/font]
what beys do they like from the anime/show?
(May. 19, 2021  11:18 PM)JJustice Wrote:
(May. 19, 2021  11:14 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: honestly, it's not that funny. Parents come to the WBO a lot and ask for some tips/info. So it isn't a big deal.

okay i was talking to the newbies who have never talked to parents on wbo ok

1st of all, don't do that, 2nd of all, you should make your intentions clear.
Anyway, here are some good websites:
https://ever-wish.com/

https://beysandbricks.com/
Don't buy beys on beysandbricks that say unbranded. They are fake.

https://theportal0.com/
(May. 19, 2021  11:40 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(May. 19, 2021  11:18 PM)JJustice Wrote: okay i was talking to the newbies who have never talked to parents on wbo ok

1st of all, don't do that, 2nd of all, you should make your intentions clear.

Ok sure I’ll make my intentions clear
PuddleGemBob, i suggest going on malloftoys. people keep talking about takara tomy, but hasbro is good enough.
(May. 19, 2021  10:51 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(May. 19, 2021  10:43 PM)USN Wrote: If you want Hasbro which won't last as long but are cheaper, than use Target.

(May. 20, 2021  12:10 AM)eggblader Wrote: PuddleGemBob, i suggest going on malloftoys. people keep talking about takara tomy, but hasbro is good enough.
(May. 20, 2021  12:38 AM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(May. 19, 2021  10:51 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: MallofToys only ships in NA

(May. 20, 2021  12:10 AM)eggblader Wrote: PuddleGemBob, i suggest going on malloftoys. people keep talking about takara tomy, but hasbro is good enough.
?

Tia x

I prefer Takara Tomy over hasbro, but it's overall your choice. Hasbro does have some top-tier beys.

Here are the four beys I would "suggest" for you to buy

Cyclone Rokatvor
World Spriggan
Brave Valtryek
Rage Longinus

These four beys are quite amazing beys. They're gimmicks are also cool.

Here are some websites you can buy beyblades from:
https://malloftoys.com/
https://beysandbricks.com/
https://www.ebay.com/

Hope you're son has a fun time blading. Also, I would like to warn you about fake beyblades. Those which are unbranded 99% of the time turn out to be fake beyblades.
(May. 20, 2021  1:59 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: ?

?????? I quoted his and mine b/c they said malloftoys, which I stated before only shipped to NA as of right now.
(May. 19, 2021  10:25 PM)PuddleGemBob Wrote: If anyone could give me any ideas I'd really appreciate it. After looking into these a bit I can see there is much more to it than just buying 4 random beyblades,  but I'd rather do it as a suprise than ask my son.
For starters, just get him four random Hasbro beyblades from Target. Once he has four and decides he wants to get serious about collecting and customizing and tournaments, Then consider getting him some specific TT ones on ebay.

Just don't mix those unbranded parts with the Hasbros!
Go for Hasbro, it’s fun and exciting, and you won’t blow too much money on something he may quit soonish

For Hasbro it really doesn’t matter, as long as you have a stadium launchers and Beyblades
Definitely agree with CheetoBlader on this one as opposed to others who had suggested purchasing Takara Tomy beyblades first. Hasbro is much more cost effective and would help give your son some experience with the game in general before getting more serious with the hobby and spending more money on it as a result.

You also wouldn't have to worry about purchasing fake products online when you can just walk into most department/toy stores(Wal-Mart, ToysRUs, Target etc.) and find plenty of Hasbro beyblade products on the shelf. One less headache right there! Smile

As for recommended initial purchases, there are some decent offerings within the newest Speed Storm series from Hasbro, one of them being Glide Roktavor R6. Curse Satomb S6 also has some fun parts to customize with, and there are several bundle packs that come with multiple beyblades, launchers and a stadium. Though you can also buy some stadium types from Hasbro by themselves for very little cost. Can't really go wrong with much of the Hasbro stuff if he doesn't have a beyblade collection yet!

Hope the information on this site helps you out! Cheers Smile