[Unanswered]  Is my Drain Fafnir fake?

So I bought a second-hand Drain Fafnir, and I am a bit questioning the layer and disk's legitimacy. Primarily because I'm not seeing any mold numbers, or is this just normal?

[Image: IMG-20201203-060801.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20201203-060810.jpg]
What does the Box look like and what Brand is it?
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:15 PM)Shido-kun Wrote: So I bought a second-hand Drain Fafnir, and I am a bit questioning the layer and disk's legitimacy. Primarily because I'm not seeing any mold numbers, or is this just normal?

Pretty sure it’s real. I mean the teeth look fine, the disc has stars, does the layer feel tighter than ur other god beys? Or is it heavier or lighter? Cause I have a fake legend spriggan and it looks exactly like the real thing except it’s teeth are tighter than lord spriggan. I also have a fusion which is real, but since it isn’t from TT, somehow some wierd particles got attached to the spring and it’s spring is super tight. I also have a fake Geist Fafnir and believe me I could tell that that ones fake just by it’s colors.
Is no one noticing the screws? This is definitely a real Drain Fafnir just by those screws alone.
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:23 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Is no one noticing the screws? This is definitely a real Drain Fafnir just by those screws alone.

True, but anything else could lead to it being fake. Not just the screws.
Judging by the tri-wing screws, its definitely real.
ITS NOT JUST ABOUT THE SCREWS! BUT IT LOOKS REAL, IT COULD WEIGH DIFFERENT, HAVE DIFFERENT TEETH, MADE OF DIFFERENT MATERIAL FROM THE INSIDE, WHO KNOWS!

Plus the god chip too
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:30 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: ITS NOT JUST ABOUT THE SCREWS! BUT IT LOOKS REAL, IT COULD WEIGH DIFFERENT, HAVE DIFFERENT TEETH, MADE OF DIFFERENT MATERIAL FROM THE INSIDE, WHO KNOWS!

Plus the god chip too

Actually it IS mostly about the screws. Name one fake company that uses non philips head screws, go ahead i'll wait.
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:30 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: ITS NOT JUST ABOUT THE SCREWS! BUT IT LOOKS REAL, IT COULD WEIGH DIFFERENT, HAVE DIFFERENT TEETH, MADE OF DIFFERENT MATERIAL FROM THE INSIDE, WHO KNOWS!

Plus the god chip too

No fake company uses tri-wing screws, so actually they do determine whether it is fake or not.
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:33 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:

Plus the god chip too

Actually it IS mostly about the screws. Name one fake company that uses non philips head screws, go ahead i'll wait.

I never said I knew, just that it’s not just the screws that determine if the bey is fake. There’s a lot of other factors.

(Dec. 02, 2020  11:41 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

Plus the god chip too

No fake company uses tri-wing screws, so actually they do determine whether it is fake or not.

it’s not just the screws that determine if the bey is fake. There’s a lot of other factors.
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:42 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:33 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Actually it IS mostly about the screws. Name one fake company that uses non philips head screws, go ahead i'll wait.

I never said I knew, just that it’s not just the screws that determine if the bey is fake. There’s a lot of other factors.

(Dec. 02, 2020  11:41 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: No fake company uses tri-wing screws, so actually they do determine whether it is fake or not.

it’s not just the screws that determine if the bey is fake. There’s a lot of other factors.
True but if no other fake company uses tri wing screws unless it’s a new fake making company I highly doubt that this is fake
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:42 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:33 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Actually it IS mostly about the screws. Name one fake company that uses non philips head screws, go ahead i'll wait.

(Dec. 02, 2020  11:41 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: No fake company uses tri-wing screws, so actually they do determine whether it is fake or not.

it really is the screws
edit: does the god chip have a mold number?
The screws may be 1 I repeat 1, ONE, UNO! Factor that the bey is real/fake but it’s not, I repeat NOT the only factor. Now can we please stop arguing
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:49 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: The screws may be 1 I repeat 1, ONE, UNO! Factor that the bey is real/fake but it’s not, I repeat NOT the only factor. Now can we please stop arguing
Ok one point to add, if there are no companies that use tri wing screws and produce fake beyblades then, it’s 1 factor, but that factor is all we need to figure out if it’s fake or not, so it’s real 99% sure.
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:23 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Is no one noticing the screws? This is definitely a real Drain Fafnir just by those screws alone.

I actually got a fake Union with tri-wing screws.
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:52 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:49 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: The screws may be 1 I repeat 1, ONE, UNO! Factor that the bey is real/fake but it’s not, I repeat NOT the only factor. Now can we please stop arguing
Ok one point to add, if there are no companies that use tri wing screws and produce fake beyblades then, it’s 1 factor, but that factor is all we need to figure out if it’s fake or not, so it’s real 99% sure.

Yes 99% because of the screws. I’m not saying I disagree. Just that there are other factors.
How can we be sure that this bey is truly fake.
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:53 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:

What fake brand?
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:53 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:

Oh wow, that’s crazy, I mean drain Fafnir doesn’t look offcolored at all so I believe it is real. Brand?
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:55 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:53 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I actually got a fake Union with tri-wing screws.

What fake brand?

I don’t remember all too well, but I know it was fake because I went back to it it said unbranded
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:47 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:42 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I never said I knew, just that it’s not just the screws that determine if the bey is fake. There’s a lot of other factors.

it really is the screws
edit: does the god chip have a mold number?

The green part of the layer?

And for those asking, yes it's a second hand TT bey, it even camr with the box and launcher. I just found it weird that the layer and disk have no mold numbers.
(Dec. 02, 2020  11:15 PM)Shido-kun Wrote: So I bought a second-hand Drain Fafnir, and I am a bit questioning the layer and disk's legitimacy. Primarily because I'm not seeing any mold numbers, or is this just normal?

By the kind of screws and the stars on the disc,I have to say that it is real
The forge disk have 22 grams? And the price? This bey was used before? Every detail counts
A Takara Tomy Drain Fafnir doesn't have visible mold numbers on the underside, so that isn't much of a problem. The tri-wing screws are the recommended way to determine whether a Beyblade is real or fake, since there are no previously documented cases of tri-wing screws on fakes unless someone put tri-wing screws from a real Layer into a fake Layer. I personally see no issues with the appearance of the Layer or Disk, so I'm inclined to believe that they're legit.