UK Summer Smash! (Saturday July 4th)

on
Hosted by
  Rocky
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: summersmash.jpg]

Specific info for those that get confused easily:

When: July 4th, midday till whenever people need to leave by.

Where: Regent's Park in Central London. Meet at the Ready Money Drinking Fountain because it's easy to find but shouldn't be majorly crowded. From there we can scout out a nice spot to battle.
Map of Regent's Park: http://www.royalparks.org.uk/docs/park_m...ts_map.pdf

What: Was supposed to be more of a meet and greet thing, but seeing as it looks like a load of people will turn up, we're having a MFB format tourney. Most likely BRR. There won't be any prizes though, just Faces and, uh, glory and respect and such. >.>

Either bring a packed lunch or some money for one of the cafés near by. We'll probably get some drinks later on (hopefully it'll be a nice hot day). Maybe even ice-cream. Eee

Assuming this doesn't get cancelled or postponed, I'll put up my number closer to the time. I can also put up instructions, travel help, etc, if necessary.

I don't think anything else needs to be said. Questions can be posted here or asked in PMs. I know it's near impossible for the UK lot but it'd be nice if we could keep the meaningless chatter in this thread to a minimum? Please? :X

Thanks for the awesome graphics theflightyellz!

Just in case anyone was wondering, the passport/charge rules are coming into affect immediately. This means that if you want to compete then you will have to pay a charge. For us UK bladers it's only £3 so I think you can manage. Alternatively, you could purchase a Blader Passport. You can buy them online beforehand or at the event if you're not sure how much you'll use it, etc. If for some reason you have major issues with this then hit me up a PM. :3

Also, there will be some sort of penalty if you say you turn up and then don't so don't risk it okay? If you're in the 'definites' list and you're not sure if you can come, change to the 'possibles'.

For those of you who wish to buy beyblades at the event, please see this thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...mmer-smash
Also this post specifically if you wish to buy direct from theintoy at the event (yes that means MFB): http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...#pid163192

Attendance List
Definites:
♥
Agitation
BeyUK-Espio
Blitz
cutewolfsam
Driger
Kappa
kinomiya
kyrptonlight
LeeDraciel
Megablader
MrMime
Rocky
Sora
Starwulfen
theflightyellz

(16)

Possibles:
avalerion
Borchaud94
castleraider
Chaz27
Dranzer phoenix
JAPANDA
kenny
KidTala - KT
NeekAlert
Nikku
overlord
Pikachao
revertedtozero
seamusb109
Stone
Towel Terror
tyson x 09
Zander Soulwind
Zero328
Zero360
Drigers cousins
Kappas siblings
Zanders friend

(25+)
(41+) (haha, no way will we actually get 41 XD)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Are you coming?

Yes, definitely.
27.12%
I'd like to but I'm not sure yet.
40.68%
Not this time, maybe next time.
18.64%
Nope, never.
13.56%
Total: 100% 59 vote(s)
oh yeah everyone please upload vids and pics asap so i can make a really good vid Wink and sam don't worry i no your joking but thanks alot you really helped me out Grin
Had an awsome day, great meeting some new people & seeing the others again Grin

(Jul. 04, 2009  9:44 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: oh yeah everyone please upload vids and pics asap so i can make a really good vid Wink and sam don't worry i no your joking but thanks alot you really helped me out Grin
Also Really not looking forward to this video >.>
Oh yeah i know why because you went and did like some really high pithched voice going 'yay' after you won LOL.
Kinomiya i found everyone and i'd never been to regents park before either and all i did was follow the instructions in this thread so it wasn't that hard.
Blitz how many minutes of film is there?
(Jul. 04, 2009  10:24 PM)Driger Wrote: Blitz how many minutes of film is there?

At the moment I have no idea lol, but I have like 21 Videos ^^ so it's gonna be quite a lot of footage.

EDIT: Also thanks for filming most of it Grin
What stadiums where used?
Attack.
(Jul. 04, 2009  10:26 PM)Maz Wrote: What stadiums where used?

Just the Attack Stadiums.
Edit: sam beat me lol.
3 MFB Attack Stadiums.

EDIT: hahahaha too slow
What combos did the top 3 use? If you dont mind me asking Smile
Blitz, it seems i'm beating you at everything at the moment lol.
erm Espio was using Storm Pegasis -Something- RF and Sam was using a Libra combo and erm....Rocky was using erm... Ill leave it to the others Tongue_out
Espio was using storm pegasis105RF Rocky was using storm leone100RF (I think), and I'm fairly sure Sam was using LibraC145WB, but I'm not 100% on that.
Today was really great, was nice to see some new faces, and some old ones, got to test out a few new combos.
Still have no idea how MFLibraC145WB got knocked out by LDrago100HF three times in a row, feeling pretty embarrassed about that one Tired
But yeah, looking forward to the next one already, I'll upload the photos I took tomorrow.
Yay, I'm back home. Got back like two hours ago just haven't been able to get on till now. Thanks to everyone who attended and made today so great. Smile Dunno about everyone else but I definitely had fun. A little nervous at first but it all turned out well. Smile Haha, I was doing so well with my sliding shots at first.....and then in the finals I totally failed lmao. Well done to the winners though, you really deserved it. Smile

And Sam, I'm never really gonna forgive you for pulling Pisces from your first RBV2 AND Mad Cancer from your first RBVL1. Pinching_eyes_2

Brad.....we can talk properly later but for now you can eagerly await a little cash coming you way. :3

Kinda glad the BeyPoint system is down for the moment, have more time to work out all the battles. XD

Kinomiya, I'm really sorry you couldn't make it.....we honestly did wait as much as we could. You should've called, I would've come and found you or something. Unhappy

Oh btw, know this is a long shot but did anyone happen to pick up a green Light Launcher with winder and/or a unopened pack of Metal Faces.....? Pinching_eyes_2

EDIT: Yeah, I used Storm Leone 100RF. Though I didn't place so Maz wasn't really talking about me.....XD Can't remember what Heart was using. Think he had a few combos going? :X
(Jul. 04, 2009  10:30 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: Blitz, it seems i'm beating you at everything at the moment lol.

I blame my dodgy Stamina combo Tongue_out
As for combos that where used by the 3 finalists I'm not too sure tbh.
(Jul. 04, 2009  10:40 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Espio was using storm pegasis105RF Rocky was using storm leone100RF (I think), and I'm fairly sure Sam was using LibraC145WB, but I'm not 100% on that.

I was using Libra105WB.
(Jul. 04, 2009  10:41 PM)Rocky Wrote: Yay, I'm back home. Got back like two hours ago just haven't been able to get on till now. Thanks to everyone who attended and made today so great. Smile Dunno about everyone else but I definitely had fun. A little nervous at first but it all turned out well. Smile Haha, I was doing so well with my sliding shots at first.....and then in the finals I totally failed lmao. Well done to the winners though, you really deserved it. Smile

And Sam, I'm never really gonna forgive you for pulling Pisces from your first RBV2 AND Mad Cancer from your first RBVL1. Pinching_eyes_2

Brad.....we can talk properly later but for now you can eagerly await a little cash coming you way. :3

Kinda glad the BeyPoint system is down for the moment, have more time to work out all the battles. XD

Kinomiya, I'm really sorry you couldn't make it.....we honestly did wait as much as we could. You should've called, I would've come and found you or something. Unhappy

Oh btw, know this is a long shot but did anyone happen to pick up a green Light Launcher with winder and/or a unopened pack of Metal Faces.....? Pinching_eyes_2

EDIT: Yeah, I used Storm Leone 100RF. Though I didn't place so Maz wasn't really talking about me.....XD Can't remember what Heart was using. Think he had a few combos going? :X

Yes Rocky i came back with 2 lauchers and ripcords in stead of one, because i saw it next to my bag and i didn't see Harry with the launcher at the time so i picked it up and put it in my bag thinking Harry put it there but he actually put his in my bag.
I dont steal. I got a light launcher from Espio for £6 and borrowed Heart's metal face. (because hes awesome)

And i never even saw those items xD
Bahaha just got home. Trains were insanely slow today.

Today was awesome, hope to do it again soon. :]

Ellz, my Libra was beaten quite a few times by L Drago too.
^ Yay, now you've posted it makes it a lot easier to copy paste and change all the 'heartsymbol's to actual hearts. XD
I'm glad to hear that the event was a success. Looking forward to the videos Tongue_out
(Jul. 04, 2009  10:50 PM)♥ Wrote: Ellz, my Libra was beaten quite a few times by L Drago too.

What!? This isn't fair, my L-Drago got beaten loads of times by a Libra that it was really annoying and Libra is now my number one enemy.
I just want to tell all of you how incredibly proud I am of you guys -- the UK community, that is -- for banding together so strongly. The unity and organization of all of you is truly heart-warming. Thanks to Rocky for organizing all of this, and to everyone who attended for strengthening the bond between Bladers.
ok ive made up some basic videos do you want me to upload them now or wait untill i get everyone elses and just do the proper ones, i don't mind doing both
It depends on the quality.