UK Summer Smash! (Saturday July 4th)

on
Hosted by
  Rocky
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: summersmash.jpg]

Specific info for those that get confused easily:

When: July 4th, midday till whenever people need to leave by.

Where: Regent's Park in Central London. Meet at the Ready Money Drinking Fountain because it's easy to find but shouldn't be majorly crowded. From there we can scout out a nice spot to battle.
Map of Regent's Park: http://www.royalparks.org.uk/docs/park_m...ts_map.pdf

What: Was supposed to be more of a meet and greet thing, but seeing as it looks like a load of people will turn up, we're having a MFB format tourney. Most likely BRR. There won't be any prizes though, just Faces and, uh, glory and respect and such. >.>

Either bring a packed lunch or some money for one of the cafés near by. We'll probably get some drinks later on (hopefully it'll be a nice hot day). Maybe even ice-cream. Eee

Assuming this doesn't get cancelled or postponed, I'll put up my number closer to the time. I can also put up instructions, travel help, etc, if necessary.

I don't think anything else needs to be said. Questions can be posted here or asked in PMs. I know it's near impossible for the UK lot but it'd be nice if we could keep the meaningless chatter in this thread to a minimum? Please? :X

Thanks for the awesome graphics theflightyellz!

Just in case anyone was wondering, the passport/charge rules are coming into affect immediately. This means that if you want to compete then you will have to pay a charge. For us UK bladers it's only £3 so I think you can manage. Alternatively, you could purchase a Blader Passport. You can buy them online beforehand or at the event if you're not sure how much you'll use it, etc. If for some reason you have major issues with this then hit me up a PM. :3

Also, there will be some sort of penalty if you say you turn up and then don't so don't risk it okay? If you're in the 'definites' list and you're not sure if you can come, change to the 'possibles'.

For those of you who wish to buy beyblades at the event, please see this thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...mmer-smash
Also this post specifically if you wish to buy direct from theintoy at the event (yes that means MFB): http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...#pid163192

Attendance List
Definites:
♥
Agitation
BeyUK-Espio
Blitz
cutewolfsam
Driger
Kappa
kinomiya
kyrptonlight
LeeDraciel
Megablader
MrMime
Rocky
Sora
Starwulfen
theflightyellz

(16)

Possibles:
avalerion
Borchaud94
castleraider
Chaz27
Dranzer phoenix
JAPANDA
kenny
KidTala - KT
NeekAlert
Nikku
overlord
Pikachao
revertedtozero
seamusb109
Stone
Towel Terror
tyson x 09
Zander Soulwind
Zero328
Zero360
Drigers cousins
Kappas siblings
Zanders friend

(25+)
(41+) (haha, no way will we actually get 41 XD)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Are you coming?

Yes, definitely.
27.12%
I'd like to but I'm not sure yet.
40.68%
Not this time, maybe next time.
18.64%
Nope, never.
13.56%
Total: 100% 59 vote(s)
20 people overall including two new members. Everyone payed. Four blocks of five. Top two from each block went forward to semifinals. That was:
Bull3000
Rocky
♥
Kenta
BeyUK-Espio
Blitz
Vamp380
cutewolfsam
Two blocks of four. Finalists were:
Rocky
♥
BeyUK-Espio
cutewolfsam

1st was Espio,
2nd ♥
3rd cutewolfsam

Bit of a roundabout way of getting there but we had the time. Better update later. :3
Im probably the first one back, it was awesome, I only won a one battle in my block but oh well Tongue_out
I filmed virtually every battle (Using Blitz & Rocky's Cameras) so now my hands hurt. D: I also brought a Light Launcher from Espio and and Escolpio from Blitz. Grin

Also, i brought a blader passport so yay, another face!!! Smile (I gave 4 £1 coins and a £2 coin just to make it clear xD)

Im definately coming next time!!!!
Great to hear you guys had fun!
(Jul. 04, 2009  4:13 PM)Rocky Wrote: Bit of a roundabout way of getting there but we had the time.

No kidding, my dad almost wanted to go home because we could't find it.
I real pissed of i didint find area im still here you know regents park very big area and you didnt point n map I asked everyone and i walked for 4hr there tired upset and im angry right now I come london for this tournament I dont know I think you wont do again tournament and also i dont how can i take my beyblades
Tomorrow i m going to stoke on trent anyway
Im sorry you couldnt make it. I no longer have your stuff as i had no other choice but to sell it. I held on for as long as possible. Rocky left her number on the forum so you could have phoned her and one of us would have come to meet you. Again i apologise.
Totally awesome had lots of fun meeting the people on here and battling and seeing loads of MFB cause i only have 2. Also bought some blades there too so i'm very glad i came. Totally going to the next tourney
I dont have anyones number and also I never know regents park that big I dont know what to say right now I bring my stadium and laptop and i ll back to hotel sadly
I want to forget what happened today realy im upset 1 mounth i wa'ted this UnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappy:

Right now tell me what can i do ?

I have only 2 mounth september ill leave
(Jul. 04, 2009  7:10 PM)kinomiya Wrote: I dont have anyones number and also I never know regents park that big I dont know what to say right now I bring my stadium and laptop and i ll back to hotel sadly
I want to forget what happened today realy im upset 1 mounth i wa'ted this UnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappy:

Right now tell me what can i do ?

I have only 2 mounth september ill leave

Was you wearing a white t-shirt with Ginga on it if so i was the person who went' yay ginga' or something like that.
Yeah i remember you but i tkin you were just beyblade fun or something :Unhappy that time i was still looking event area after where did you go dont tell me you went to event after saw me Unhappy

I want to know espio will youdo another event next mounth or not Tired
if you saw him, why didn't you ask him where to go?
I didnt know who he is i never saw him before and also i was very tired and i just looking where is event area thats not my fault
How can i know he is going to tournament anyway
Tired
You would be very lucky to see someone beyblading in Regents Park either than us...and there was maps placed around the park that you could use :\
(Jul. 04, 2009  7:29 PM)kinomiya Wrote: I didnt know who he is i never saw him before and also i was very tired and i just looking where is event area thats not my fault
How can i know he is going to tournament anyway
Tired

No Kinomiya, i was on my way back home from the tournament.
Well, I enjoyed what I could of it before my friends started whining, hopefully I didn't miss any of my matches after leaving... Anyway it's pretty obvious (to those that saw my matches) that I'm not exactly the best blader, but thanks to Espio and a friend who gave me a stadium I can now practice landing a shot in the stadium for once, haha.
EDIT: Forgot to ask, do you think you'll provide the same service again, Espio?
Glad to see you guys had fun Grin

Kinomiya, a kid called out to you and you didn't talk to him? And there were phone numbers and directions posted ... you are the only one who could not find it ...

Sorry, but stop trying to deflect the blame onto others.
Finally home and im nakered lol had a wicked day today, gained some new friends, got some new parts and gained loads of points Grin thanks everyone who made it and sorry to those people who just can't seem to beat me lol (theflightyellz) Tongue_out

sorry not theflightyellz i ment blitz lol altough i did beat you two lol
(Jul. 04, 2009  8:48 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: Finally home and im nakered lol had a wicked day today, gained some new friends, got some new parts and gained loads of points Grin thanks everyone who made it and sorry to those people who just can't seem to beat me lol (theflightyellz) Tongue_out

Oh so you don't say thanks to me thenPinching_eyes_2, i see how it is now.Tired
Remember that guy called Mohammed, he was funny. xD Whats his WBO username? I forgot.
Just got back, thanks for a brilliant day everyone Smile , even if i couldn't win when it actually counted...

Hope to see you guys again soon
Glad to hear everyone liked it. Smile Though I don't know weather to be happy or sad. :\
(Jul. 04, 2009  8:49 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: Oh so you don't say thanks to me thenPinching_eyes_2, i see how it is now.Tired

lol thank you very much for the pokemon sam Wink
(Jul. 04, 2009  9:33 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: lol thank you very much for the pokemon sam Wink

Lol, i was only messing around with you on that last post before.
At least I have videos and pictures to look forward too but I wish i could have done that photo of every member that was there in one photo, I feel like I let everyone down. Unhappy