UK Summer Smash! (Saturday July 4th)

on
Hosted by
  Rocky
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: summersmash.jpg]

Specific info for those that get confused easily:

When: July 4th, midday till whenever people need to leave by.

Where: Regent's Park in Central London. Meet at the Ready Money Drinking Fountain because it's easy to find but shouldn't be majorly crowded. From there we can scout out a nice spot to battle.
Map of Regent's Park: http://www.royalparks.org.uk/docs/park_m...ts_map.pdf

What: Was supposed to be more of a meet and greet thing, but seeing as it looks like a load of people will turn up, we're having a MFB format tourney. Most likely BRR. There won't be any prizes though, just Faces and, uh, glory and respect and such. >.>

Either bring a packed lunch or some money for one of the cafés near by. We'll probably get some drinks later on (hopefully it'll be a nice hot day). Maybe even ice-cream. Eee

Assuming this doesn't get cancelled or postponed, I'll put up my number closer to the time. I can also put up instructions, travel help, etc, if necessary.

I don't think anything else needs to be said. Questions can be posted here or asked in PMs. I know it's near impossible for the UK lot but it'd be nice if we could keep the meaningless chatter in this thread to a minimum? Please? :X

Thanks for the awesome graphics theflightyellz!

Just in case anyone was wondering, the passport/charge rules are coming into affect immediately. This means that if you want to compete then you will have to pay a charge. For us UK bladers it's only £3 so I think you can manage. Alternatively, you could purchase a Blader Passport. You can buy them online beforehand or at the event if you're not sure how much you'll use it, etc. If for some reason you have major issues with this then hit me up a PM. :3

Also, there will be some sort of penalty if you say you turn up and then don't so don't risk it okay? If you're in the 'definites' list and you're not sure if you can come, change to the 'possibles'.

For those of you who wish to buy beyblades at the event, please see this thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...mmer-smash
Also this post specifically if you wish to buy direct from theintoy at the event (yes that means MFB): http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...#pid163192

Attendance List
Definites:
♥
Agitation
BeyUK-Espio
Blitz
cutewolfsam
Driger
Kappa
kinomiya
kyrptonlight
LeeDraciel
Megablader
MrMime
Rocky
Sora
Starwulfen
theflightyellz

(16)

Possibles:
avalerion
Borchaud94
castleraider
Chaz27
Dranzer phoenix
JAPANDA
kenny
KidTala - KT
NeekAlert
Nikku
overlord
Pikachao
revertedtozero
seamusb109
Stone
Towel Terror
tyson x 09
Zander Soulwind
Zero328
Zero360
Drigers cousins
Kappas siblings
Zanders friend

(25+)
(41+) (haha, no way will we actually get 41 XD)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Are you coming?

Yes, definitely.
27.12%
I'd like to but I'm not sure yet.
40.68%
Not this time, maybe next time.
18.64%
Nope, never.
13.56%
Total: 100% 59 vote(s)
(Jun. 29, 2009  9:26 PM)Driger Wrote: Thanks sam, this will make the UK Community better. :p

Also, is it OK (pointed to everyone) if I film it again, but this time like Brad does, then maybe send the video to him?

Just incase anyone freaks out being on YouTube with 1000 views xD

Lmao, go ahead, it's fine with me and I normally hate being on camera.
I ll wear beyblade metal fight t shirt adn also maybe One piece luffy's straw hat
Yes i think the video would be awesome only because when people are watching the video it's a message saying you can play beyblade anywhere or that's my interpretationif i imagine it on youtube due to the fact of a park being a background.
Why is everyone getting so worked up over this lol we won't have any trouble from police as we jus meeting in a park to beyblade, it wouldn't be any different if we was meeting to have a game of football so yno. Im quite sure people are capable of bringing there own food and drink or go to the shop if need be and if people are willing to share then happy days so stop worrying and enjoy it because its going to be great, the weather looks good and it looks like we going to have a good turn out so lets chill and have an amazing day Wink
(Jun. 30, 2009  1:45 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: Why is everyone getting so worked up over this lol we won't have any trouble from police as we jus meeting in a park to beyblade, it wouldn't be any different if we was meeting to have a game of football so yno. Im quite sure people are capable of bringing there own food and drink or go to the shop if need be and if people are willing to share then happy days so stop worrying and enjoy it because its going to be great, the weather looks good and it looks like we going to have a good turn out so lets chill and have an amazing day Wink

Please read other posts on the thread before replying i've already said about the police and the football thing as an example, and also we've gone off that topic on this thread we've been recently talking about people from wbo asking if they're aloud due to the fact that some don't like to be on camera.
Am going to put this out here:

What ever block I am in, then I can keep track of scoring if need be? I don't think I'm an official judge for this one but I am a stand in for when the others need to battle.

Anyway, everybodies bits came yesterday, it all fits into my bag which is excellent. Look forward to seeing everybody Saturday!
Not sure what you're asking.....you're pretty much a judge. I mean we'll work things out on the day as we'll know how many people we're getting then but you'll probably be judging a block. And even if you weren't you can backseat judge if you want, easier to spot mistakes that way. :3

Guys I'm hoping it won't rain but if it does rain, due to the hot weather we've been getting it should be over fairly quickly......I don't think it should disrupt play too much. Plus if we go in the Hub thing then we'll be undercover anyways.

I'd also suggest brinking a bottle or two of frozen water because I really don't want anyone fainting from the heat......though I think it should be better on the Saturday. ^^;

Btw, we're thinking official 'get there' time is midday, as you know, we'll chat/battle/etc for a half hour to let others get there and then we'll go into the tourney. I honestly don't know when we'll finish but if we end up finishing in good time then more chatting and battling (I dunno if free battles will be ranked yet though). If people get super hungry or thirsty then we can have a break in the middle. Sound good? Smile
Sounds good to me, thanks for all the hard work! Grin
(Jul. 01, 2009  11:02 AM)Rocky Wrote: Not sure what you're asking.....you're pretty much a judge. I mean we'll work things out on the day as we'll know how many people we're getting then but you'll probably be judging a block. And even if you weren't you can backseat judge if you want, easier to spot mistakes that way. :3

How many blocks might there be? I want to see how well I would do as a judge but otherwise, don't worry about it.

O and as for free battles, I am pretty sure that it will be that those with a blader passport will be ranked if they wish and the results are to be writen down and keeped until all updates to the site and beypoints are finished. Brad can correct me if I am wrong. Smile
Zander we can't really tell at the moment how many blocks there will be due to the fact that people might not come due to illness or grounded etc.
It will probably be 3 or 4 blocks as 2 is too little and 5 is too big. IMO 4 because The winners from each block will create a semi-finals then the winners advance to the finals.
We will still blade no matter how many people turn and if it's to little amount of people turn up then we would have to do round robin.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/8...&region=uk

Looks like it is going to get a bit rainy at the end of this week, luck it says light showers for saturday but then I don't think anyone is going to let a little bit of rain get in the way of this, right?
Yep and plus if it's raining it could add to the affect for the filming like the affect that happened with gorge samson on britain got talent type of thing.
I don't think we will be blading in the rain it'self. I believe there is cover there.

Edit: You can if you want though. XD
yeah bladin in the rain is so much fun lol can't believe its only three days away its gone so quick since the expo
The Expo was my first ever tournament in my life with beyblade so i'll never forget it.
Hmm, if we do blade in the rain we won't count those matches towards the tourney I don't think.....we'll do the tourney matches undercover or wait till it stops.
Yes i can understand due to the fact that becasue in the rain blades can have a big advantage or diasadvantage i think.
Please correct me if i'm wrong Rocky.
yeah it wouldn't be fair overwise and the expo was my 6th tourney i think to date, i went to the hasbro tourneys, toys r us, woolworths, a random one that these two brothers were holding which had a really good turn out and the expo
This is going to be my first tourney and i can't wait ! this by wii btw
The weather forecast seems to be updated, now it says Sunny intervals on Saturday and heavy rain showers on Friday. We better keep checking it out.
Yeah....if it doesn't rain by tomorrow then you can bet it'll rain on Saturday. Speechless Oh well. I'm not rescheduling unless something dire happens, I think we can all deal with a bit of water.
i would come guys but my MFB hasn't arrived yet and i live in cardiff so it'd be a long trip, anyway good luck to you all Grin

(Jul. 02, 2009  10:47 AM)Rocky Wrote: Yeah....if it doesn't rain by tomorrow then you can bet it'll rain on Saturday. Speechless Oh well. I'm not rescheduling unless something dire happens, I think we can all deal with a bit of water.

put the stadium under a gazebo? xD
Haha, unfortunately I don't have a Gazebo readily on hand.....

Anyways, seeing as this is pretty close now, my number is (removed till next time). Use if you're gonna be late, can't come anymore, get lost, etc etc.