UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES.

My whole school are into beyblades, even the teachers, and my parents dont mind. My uncle comes to canada, he brings like 20 beys from japan and gives them to me and my cuzins.
Lol. My mom likes them, but when I play them when she's watching TV, she starts getting mad...
My dad LOVES beyblade. He says it reminds him of Japanese kokkagoma ( or however its spelled) when he was little. My brother hates beyblade though, because he says there's no skill involved and that its interrupting his sleep.
But Yeah, my whole COMMUNITY is into beyblade.
At our school, there was a man around his late 50's playing beyblade... and he was using a Flame Cancer M145Q xD
(Jan. 01, 2011  12:44 AM)Arasan1998 Wrote: My whole school are into beyblades, even the teachers, and my parents dont mind. My uncle comes to canada, he brings like 20 beys from japan and gives them to me and my cuzins.

Wow thats just insane , your uncle is pretty cool , my uncle also got me a earth aquilla from Singapore & he is also cool with my beyblade hobby , he ask me if i want any beys if he goes abroad
My parents use to be like that... but i started taking physics and and all of the properties applied and they were like whatever he's studying phsyics and they stopped buggin me about it.
P.S: YAY for my 100th post
Does this have to be about Beyblades, or can it just be something about your parents that bugs you? Cuz if its the second, my dad thinks I am like Beevis and Butthead (if you're young, don't look them up. You'll regret it.) combined. He says "Hey. huhuhuhu huh. (B&B laugh) you goin onto the blog to blog to hot chicks? huhuhuhuhuh huh." "No, dad, I'll tell you again. This is a forum about spinning tops. I only know of one 'chick' for certain. She's a moderator called Kai-V." He's such an idiot, even when he's so smart. *Rolls eyes* at least he doesn't care I play with spinning tops or children's playing cards.
My parents think I'm childish for buying Pokemon and Beyblades at age 16 >_> I don't blame them LOL.
They just think it's silly of me but they let me do w/e I want. They don't support it and they kind of discourage it by saying a 16 year old shouldn't still be going gaga over toys, I guess? But it's not that bad haha
My mom and dad allways ask me if I want to "let it rip." They are pretty suportive when I was trying to find burn fireblaze, taking me to every wallmart in the city... lol
(Dec. 30, 2010  7:34 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2010  5:53 AM)Nojo294 Wrote: my parents dont really care...my dad used to battle with me way back when. Now they're just like w/e cuz I do play PS3 and have a life.

Playing PS3 is not much of a of life
:V

I meant to say I have other more "acceptable" hobbies as well... my social life is awesome too.
(Jan. 01, 2011  5:20 PM)DayDreamX Wrote: My parents think I'm childish for buying Pokemon and Beyblades at age 16 >_> I don't blame them LOL.

Agreed... LOL but they're like w/e u got friends, good marks and spend time with family. Its not like beyblade is dominating my life... its just a hobby.
(Jan. 01, 2011  5:20 PM)DayDreamX Wrote: My parents think I'm childish for buying Pokemon and Beyblades at age 16 >_> I don't blame them LOL.
They just think it's silly of me but they let me do w/e I want. They don't support it and they kind of discourage it by saying a 16 year old shouldn't still be going gaga over toys, I guess? But it's not that bad haha

That is probely because 16year olds don't play with toys alot. But to tell you the truth I well still be blading at that age and most likely older.

btw I love your avatar!!!!
Lol.
To those who are under the age of 20 do not feel ashamed that you like beyblade.
I am 20, i have a decent social life and pretty much everything i need.

My parents think very little of me when the mail arrives and they find out i've bought more beyblades lol. But I see this more of a physical fun/activity rather than sitting in front of my TV all day playing video games.
My dad gives me the most grief saying that i shouldn't be playing with kids toys and i spend far too much money on them. But i think i would (as well as any parent would ) rather spend money on beyblades/toys than drugs.

Say no to drugs. Too expensive in the short as well as the long run.

At the end of the day, be yourself because the hardest part of a lie is remembering it Smile
Haha, I feel like everything's already been said here.

Just my view around this:
If beyblade controls your life, then it's bit of a problem. There's not any eminent negative effects. But what true good does it do for you in the end?

As long as beyblade remains as a small hobby-ish thing, and as long as you have a solid background (grade-wise and social-wise, and all that other jazz), there's absolutely no reason for parents and family members to bother you about what you like.

But lets say a 19 year old Johnny who dropped out of high-school who works a minimum wage job, visits his family for new Years wearing his favorite beyblade shirt and sporting his rare Quetzlacoatl ring around his neck.

Of course that was an extreme example. But if beyblade becomes somethign MORE than a hobby for you, than I wouldn't blame family for bagging on you.

Speaking for myself, I'm not actually interested in the whole "battling with beyblades." For some odd reason, I just NEED to have them. I guess it was because beyblades used to be my LIFE back in elementary school. When i heard about "uber-cool-metal-smashing" beyblades, i needed to have it... for the sake of my past... haha! i guess that's my excuse!

Anyways, my mom never really bagged on me because I just bought the beyblades as a token of an "appreciation of my past;" also because I just "needed" to collect them. By no means is beyblade part of my "main" life... heck.. if you're 17 like me (or older) and beyblade is controlling your life... I'd say... get outside, travel, and seek something greater. Then again, if you're just a toddler or aa elementary-middle school kid, just enjoy yourselves Smile
my mum and dad dont care.the only thing they didnt like was when i went through a spree of buying beyblades.

my only advice?dont spend all ya money and time on beys.cos by the time uv bought like twenty uv got zero dollars left.plus i used 2 yap on about them 24 hours a day.theres more 2 life than spinning tops! lol!
My mom is more worried about safety after I was using a storm capricorn and caused my friend's bey to shoot out and knock out his knee. we actually had to put a bandage on a 2 in. long cut. He was unlucky and had the spike of the bey catch and rip a past cut. Now my parents say go ahead and use them just learn to handle 'em.
it's not realy a problem with my famaly. they say i should save my mouney on better things like video games and gaming systems or better packs of beyblades like the tournament set or a proper stadium but there is one problem, and thats when it comes to buying over the internet, and now i know the reason, scams. i might have just been scammed for a stadium, i wont say who but those who bought them from the same guy would have got the message. also i can't buy takara beys because they are very expensive compared to buying hasbro ones in the shops. i have to use my money anyway.
my parents got mad when they know that i ordered beyblades online...but who cares...
If you do it without permission, they might...
my mum wouldnt even let me go to a tournament and it was a 5 minute walk from my house
Ar thats sad. My parents some times say im ...... obsessed Uncertain but my mum and dad and sis do play some times and my mum and dad take me to the tournys
Lol omg exact same scenario over here!
i get called stupid for foruming on a game but still i do it anyway i like the excitment of seeing who will win in a battle my dad said that these were fighting tops i know thats were it all started but to me its a more advanced game of luck making it so you can create a perfect bey to you ways of battling so i often ignore the insults.
My mom is actually glad I starting beyblading again, since I started spending all my money on "consumables" after I quit blading freshmen year. She's glad I'm spending it on stuff that lasts...however, she'd be happier if I just spent all my money on music equipment.
(Jan. 01, 2011  6:23 PM)777 Wrote: My mom and dad allways ask me if I want to "let it rip." They are pretty suportive when I was trying to find burn fireblaze, taking me to every wallmart in the city... lol

You have multiple Wal-Marts? Darn you, Wal-Mart, why are you enslaving us!?
(Jan. 04, 2011  9:23 PM)WhyD125 Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2011  6:23 PM)777 Wrote: My mom and dad allways ask me if I want to "let it rip." They are pretty suportive when I was trying to find burn fireblaze, taking me to every wallmart in the city... lol

You have multiple Wal-Marts? Darn you, Wal-Mart, why are you enslaving us!?

Of course. Wal-Mart is everywhere and everything.
Lol nan is so kind. she just played a few rounds with me. she says she enjoys it Grin
My dad and my sister are ok with me playing beyblade. My dad sometimes asks me about beyblade and other stuff, and my sister sometimes battles me.
Its my mum who just hates beyblade... She wont let me buy any (i now have to smuggle them into my house) and she will barely let me practise... She says they are for kids... and exams are more important, but whos to say whats childish? I love beyblade and always will, but my family think ill grow out of it...