UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES.

My family (apart from my sister) are all completely fine with me collecting Beyblades, so I guess I can be considered one of the lucky ones when it comes to parents.
I was surprised to see that my own mother; who had been complaining years ago that I was putting rips and cracks in anything that I could use as a dish (hey there broken wok) when I was a kid, was the one who wanted first spin when I found my old Dragoon F.

I'm on the lucky side as well, I guess. Only thing I don't have is a playing partner, let alone one who likes plastics better! But I digress.
I'm really lucky with my family, my parents support whatever I want and like. It's a nice thing... My father even bought a Beyblade himself when I got my first so that we could battle. It was fun. Hah, I have immature parents and it's awesome.

Friends in school give me a lot of odd looks though and kind of laugh at me, but I go saying 'screw the haters' and mention spinning tops all I want.
Interestingly enough when we had a costume-dress-up week in celebration of graduating from the school I used to go to before this one... I was cosplaying Madoka and I had some Beyblades with me... Everywhere I went people told me to launch. I have no idea what they expected to see happening except for a ... spinning top. It's really the kind of thing that would only be interesting to Bladers, I think. Huh.

I guess Beyblade earned me a spot in my old school's crazy record though. Whenever the younger kids were blading I stood there watching and protecting them from any older bullies who wanted to take their beys.

Well, I guess, Beyblade seems like an eccentric hobby when you grow up, but it's also an awesome and fun one.
My parent really don't care with me playing beyblade. My dad plays once in a while.
i use to play with platic with my grandmother all the time. my mom still doesent care if i play cuz the people a tournament are nice and my friends play to
My mom questions me when I use my money (I earn, not from my parents) to buy beys. She's like "Are you sure?" and I just buy it. My dad always says I'm too old for 'em. I used to use the first gen Plastics and my dad would join (that when I was 5 or 6 and massive sparks would fly). My little brothers would always ask for my beyblades, which is a nuisance. All my friends play as I explained and my school or should I say my classmates are like: "Wow, is that a beyblade?! Gimme, gimme." Seconds later, they say "Let It Rip!" and there they go. Most of my friends play and my friend's older brother (who is in 20's) plays with us. He has 27 (Zero G's & MF {MF-H as well}) Beys and he's trying to make a home-made stadium.

So yeah, I'm proud to bey Grin
it happens to me-i tell my mom this-
i'm playing beyblades,not listening to Justin Bieber's songs-the discussion ends there and there
i tell the same thing when i have to go for tournaments
XP
I got my girlfriend into blading but everyone els around me is hard to convince
All my family is cool with playing beyblade except my mom and dad who don't usually let me get new beyblades so I usually have to get my sister to take me to get them and then my parents get mad when they see I got a new beyblade
Akirasdaddy is like 30 (give or take a few decades) and hes into beyblade! What about DrigerGT, Jp0t, and BBG? The heck with your parents. You're never too old to be a BBG
I'm 20 on friday and my parents are still buying my beyblades for my birthdays. I'm happy.
No, noone else I know is into them but hey, atleast I'm not getting flak from my family.
My parents support me, but sometimes when I transport my beys, my dad gives me a funny/mocking look.
My friends think they are stupid, but I think; " Curse Haters."
But I have one current Blader friend, he is not on the WBO
My family is pretty cool about it, considering I played Pokemon before this for a long time, and I play Magic on the side XD

They've accepted it. I just explained to them that it's like any other hobby, and the people are pretty nice.
(Jun. 17, 2012  7:20 AM)Simpsonian Wrote: All my family is cool with playing beyblade except my mom and dad who don't usually let me get new beyblades so I usually have to get my sister to take me to get them and then my parents get mad when they see I got a new beyblade
Same here, but something i go by myself and then my parent says what have you bought? i always says my friend bought two new so i bought three new.. and they are what???!

(Jun. 18, 2012  2:12 AM)BladerBro742 Wrote: My parents support me, but sometimes when I transport my beys, my dad gives me a funny/mocking look.
My friends think they are stupid, but I think; " Curse Haters."
But I have one current Blader friend, he is not on the WBO
Parents support you.. really?!

(Jun. 18, 2012  6:59 AM)Bunanza Wrote: My family is pretty cool about it, considering I played Pokemon before this for a long time, and I play Magic on the side XD

They've accepted it. I just explained to them that it's like any other hobby, and the people are pretty nice.

Same with you. huh. cant really believe it.. Tongue_out_wink
Sorry but in my opinion, I believe you should talk to your parents and tell them how you exactly feel when they treat you like that or just ignore them.Parents are Parents they are never going to understand why you love something a lot
(Jun. 18, 2012  9:08 AM)beybladetiggy Wrote: Sorry but in my opinion, I believe you should talk to your parents and tell them how you exactly feel when they treat you like that or just ignore them.Parents are Parents they are never going to understand why you love something a lot

Let us know how ignoring your parents works out for you in the future, champ.
(Jun. 18, 2012  9:08 AM)beybladetiggy Wrote: Sorry but in my opinion, I believe you should talk to your parents and tell them how you exactly feel when they treat you like that or just ignore them.Parents are Parents they are never going to understand why you love something a lot
Awesome opinion. I didn't like it..... I love it. Smile You're Good Person. It my Opinion..
Not cool to hear that some parents don't accept beyblade Unhappy

My mom and dad say that as long as it's not illegal and you are happy, beyblading is just fine. They support me and hopefully soon they buy me my first blade and stadium Joyful_2
My parents have no problem with it, its just how expensive Takara is that irritates them xD

One strategy I use is that I buy a whole bunch of stuff at a time, so I dont make so many purchases within a 2-3 month time period.

Besides the expense, my parents completely enjoy and approve of it, and they see it as a normal thing nowadays. Smile
My parents don't have a problem with it. Probably because I have a job and can buy all of my beys. My friends, however, think beyblade is extremely silly. That's a little lame sometimes cos I don't really have anyone to talk to about beyblade stuff that I get excited about. Whatever though, I love it regardless of my friends' opinions. It'd be nice to have someone to battle with, though.
My dad will buy me takara beyblades and my mom and sister dont really care. My 2 year old cousin adores them (excpect to see her here in about five years). My dad said he was really proud of me when i won the toys r us tournament (even thoigh i told him how easy it was). I feel really bad fo all the people whos families dont support their hobby.
My parents are always saying "get off beyblade online you have tons of beyblades!" And I tld my dad abou TRU he said ok than I tell my mom and she says no WE HAD NOTHING TO DO YESTERDAY.
So yeah, um, anyone heard the saying, "Stop collecting Beyblades, it'll only be collecting dust."
My family sees nothing wrong with the fact I buy beys. They think of it as a collectible hobby which is correct. my friends though, are another story...