UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES.

(Nov. 25, 2011  5:10 AM)Nano Wrote: So I'm getting my little cousin into Beyblading now.
I showed him some top tier combos, and he liked it.
For Christmas, I'm going to try to find a Twisted Tempo, Hades Kerbecs and Ray Striker for him. He should be able to go pretty far in a tournament with them...

Gah, I hate having to call them by Hasbro names...

umm some hsbro naes changes are good eg hades kerbecs kerbecs the three headed dog was the gudian of hades not hell so it makes more sense in terms of mytholgy and stuff
(Nov. 24, 2011  6:56 PM)Nano Wrote:
(Nov. 24, 2011  2:44 PM)Galaxy Pisces Wrote: Me: Hey dad,I found a low price stadium and comes with a rare beyblade ( Beat Lynx )!
Dad: Yeah,where does it come from?
Me: Hong Kong.Free shiping
Dad: Free shiping for inside Hong Kong.
POKER FACE
Thanks for crushing my hopes on getting top tier parts.

Did he check, or is he just saying that?
He just sayed it. Bad,because it was a medium stadium and I could use a new stadium Pinching_eyes
And people,there is no plural for Lego. There is no such thing as "Legos".
my mum and dad are cool about beyblades and dont mind buying me some, my grandmas cool about it but when she buys me about 4-5 she sais "you've got too much, your cousins only have like 2 or 3" which of course they dont, they have like 6 or somthin. She buys me more when she goes to korea which she asks my aunt to get me some over the net, i explained to her they dont sell good beys here (australia) so she understands and gets me more each time she goes to korea.
The funny thing is im the only one in my family thats really into beyblade (that i know of).
You are quite lucky, Big Bang Blader!
Getting beys from Korea would fetch you the latest releases! Wow! Lucky you! Grin
So I have a Cetus bey nicely put on a RBV8 that's ontop of a NIB Death Quetz and Phantom Orion, ready for Technologic to buy. You know what my mom does? In her "remodeling", she LOSES the face, which LOSES money. After searching for ten minutes, she blames it on me! I have an acronym for that:

W.T.F.

EDIT: Found it, its all good. But still, her blaming just PO'ed me...
Not a big deal man, be lucky your mom even cleans your room for you!

Seriously.
(Nov. 27, 2011  12:06 PM)njrk97 Wrote: umm some hsbro naes changes are good eg hades kerbecs kerbecs the three headed dog was the gudian of hades not hell so it makes more sense in terms of mytholgy and stuff

in Japan Hades and Hell are basically one in the same... the underworld
(Nov. 30, 2011  4:24 AM)Dan Wrote: Not a big deal man, be lucky your mom even cleans your room for you!

Seriously.

I know, and I appreciate that she does remodels for me every 6 months. What I don't appreciate is the losing part. Losing that means losing money.

Not a very good thing when thinking economic wise, from my point of view anyway.
I am 12 and my parents are really unsupportive of me. They think that beyblades are just spinning tops that go round and round the stadium. I always feel so angry when they start advising me to play other more sensible games. So sadCrying
Unhappy
That's sad, Nigel. Parents should be lifting you up, and supporting you in what you like to do...and obviously not the opposite.
For me, my parents actually like me playing beyblades. Before beyblades I used to play video games like Call of Duty and I would get really mad when I would get shot and sometimes smash my controller. Now that I play beyblades, I don't play video games that much now(my parents never liked me playing video games) and they like that I found a different hobby then video games. Smile
TBH, my parents BEFORE beyblades were released wont allow me to touch the controller. Now, I can't touch beyblade, and i can play controller O.O
(Just letting you know before you read on, I don't know if girlfriends count as family. HOWEVER, I see no reason not to post this here, so... Uncertain)

Driving home from dinner, discussing Beyblades:

Me: "I still need a BeyStadium... Kinda expensive, though."
GF: "What? How much do they cost?"
Me: (based on what I had seen on a website) "Roughly 55 bucks."
GF: "What? There's no way a BeyStadium would cost that much! You don't even need one!"
Me: "Sweetie, I kinda do...
GF: (laughing slightly) "No, you don't! I heard you can make one..."
Me: "(Name Here), I don't wanna use a box or a wok or something."

We eventually go look at the Hasbro stadiums they had at Big W, despite me trying to explain why I wanted a Takara Tomy instead. She still reckons that I should just use something that won't cost me money, but I'd rather spend a little (or slightly moderate) amount of money on something that my Beys are MEANT to be used in instead of ruining my mother's perfectly good kitchenware or using a plain, boring box...

Frak.

One acronym: ROFL.

One reason why i wont tell my hobbies to my classmates(and my want to be Gf)
(Jan. 04, 2012  4:53 PM)Blood Wrote: One acronym: ROFL.

One reason why i wont tell my hobbies to my classmates(and my want to be Gf)

Ahhh, she'll understand soon enough. She didn't have a childhood like mine, so I don't expect her to get it right away.
(Jan. 04, 2012  4:39 PM)BlackWingAngel Wrote: (Just letting you know before you read on, I don't know if girlfriends count as family. HOWEVER, I see no reason not to post this here, so... Uncertain)

GF: "What? There's no way a BeyStadium would cost that much! You don't even need one!"

We eventually go look at the Hasbro stadiums they had at Big W, despite me trying to explain why I wanted a Takara Tomy instead. She still reckons that I should just use something that won't cost me money, but I'd rather spend a little (or slightly moderate) amount of money on something that my Beys are MEANT to be used in instead of ruining my mother's perfectly good kitchenware or using a plain, boring box...

Frak.

One of my girl friends (not like in relationship or anything, just a good friend that's a girl) I told her that I was at a Beyblade tournament at DFW, on the 31st. She said it was lame. She texted me during the tournament saying, "You still at the lame thing?" I replied, "No. I'm at the awesome thing! Lol" But actually two other girl friends of mine like Beyblades too..one in Oklahoma, and one that's one of my best friends. And personally, I think that if your gf really likes or loves you, she wouldn't mind that you use Beyblades.

My mom is still skeptical about having me use Beyblades, because she thinks my grades are kind of low because of it. And they're not...c'mon....my grades are more than B's already...so now actually she's allowing me to use them. I can finally sleep with my Beys next to me. Plus having the BB-10 is always good to have.
(Jan. 04, 2012  6:06 PM)Ryu-X Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2012  4:39 PM)BlackWingAngel Wrote: (Just letting you know before you read on, I don't know if girlfriends count as family. HOWEVER, I see no reason not to post this here, so... Uncertain)

Frak.

One of my girl friends (not like in relationship or anything, just a good friend that's a girl) I told her that I was at a Beyblade tournament at DFW, on the 31st. She said it was lame. She texted me during the tournament saying, "You still at the lame thing?" I replied, "No. I'm at the awesome thing! Lol" But actually two other girl friends of mine like Beyblades too..one in Oklahoma, and one that's one of my best friends. And personally, I think that if your gf really likes or loves you, she wouldn't mind that you use Beyblades.

My mom is still skeptical about having me use Beyblades, because she thinks my grades are kind of low because of it. And they're not...c'mon....my grades are more than B's already...so now actually she's allowing me to use them. I can finally sleep with my Beys next to me. Plus having the BB-10 is always good to have.

Well, because of a certain fellow by the name of Jay, I'll own a BB-10 by next week. ;3
(Jan. 04, 2012  6:15 PM)BlackWingAngel Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2012  6:06 PM)Ryu-X Wrote:

Frak.

Well, because of a certain fellow by the name of Jay, I'll own a BB-10 by next week. ;3

Congrats. Jay is my friend..for real actually. We both live in DFW. Congrats on getting the BB-10!

Actually, I snuck out some parts from my mom's closet for the tournament. I seriously needed them. Although most of the parts were from Jay when I bought them at the tournament.
That's the thing, my folks would just give me looks that demoralize anyone from anything they wanna do. I'm just glad they hadn't caught whiff of it yet.
Ya my parents won't let me get a bladers passport because they say there's no reason
Hm. I'm going to get a Blader's Passport actually, but I wouldn't say there's absolutely no reason. Try showing them the benefits, then maybe they'll understand better.
I don't think my parents are going to buy me any more beys for maybe 6 months or so. If I'm lucky I'll be getting a 4d bey...
Ok, so my parents randomly got pissed when I asked for the UDXS that they had promised me for Christmas anyways, so now it became both my birthday and christmas present. WHAT THE FUUUUUUUU- Now I can't get those 2 Kreis Cygnus and Bloody Devil MS unless someone acts as a middleman and I buy it at a NY tourney (provided I'm allowed to go).
(Parents: We bought 2 already! How much more do you want!
Me: I only asked for this thing to begin with, I said that I only wanted this and the new phone anyways (new phone cost 30 USD after rebate, twas a Samsung Evergreen w/o data package), so why not?
Parents: Don't you realize that money doesn't grow on trees? -cue spiel on how greedy I am + how I've been a horrible person (made me feel like complete carp about myself)-
Me: Come on, you promised though!
Parents: Fine, but this will be your birthday present too.
Me: Gasp)
(Nov. 22, 2011  11:08 PM)Kryptonite Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2011  9:35 PM)Ryu13 Wrote: My dad won't let me buy anymore stuff on eBay cause I'm getting too much stuff. I'm trying to explain to him what I'm getting is essential. He won't listen...stupid.

Essential? for what? tournaments, what a stupid mouthful to come out with in front of you father, he buys you $200 worth of beyblades, and you want to buy more, you do know Christmas is just around the corner and people will be tight for cash, so stop being so spoilt and live with it, like most of us do.

Unless what you got was 200$ of Dark Wolfs and Storm Capricorns, I suggest you use what you have, I didn't even spend 200$ on Beyblade, more like 120$.
My Mun won't let me buy expensive HMS like Wolborg MS, even when I explain to her that they are older then MFB and far more rare especially NIB Takara releases. Which I don't really mind, it's not like I really need those releases straight away.
Luckily for me, you guys have good prices and most HMS are about 30/40 on eBay.
My cousin's probably forgot alot about Beyblade now. He says that he can beat MFB with his old ones.
My Mum was also going to drive me to Haloween's Aftermath but I had school on the day. My Dad likes playing with me sometimes, we mainly play top-tier combos, so it's fair play.
My dad plays with me sometimes Grin , cause hie used to play with tops when he was young too . My sisters bf also plays with me , He's cool .