UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES.

So my mother is getting annoyed that I stopped playing beyblade as a trade off for college.
I'm confused. You mean she...doesn't like that you stopped playing Beyblades? Or she likes it?

And why is she getting annoyed?
There is a same problem with me if i had power i would do that i would live alone and make the whole room of beyblades.
why doesnt anyone around me realise beyblade is harder than it looks... i try to explain it to them and then they just laugh at me and say i should grow up, im sad Unhappy
(Jan. 13, 2012  5:48 PM)rajatgovind123 Wrote: There is a same problem with me if i had power i would do that i would live alone and make the whole room of beyblades.
you don't want this. This is how I currently live (ask arupaeo) and it becomes very inconvenient. I keep stepping on beyblades and I find them in my sheets. Not fun.
(Jan. 13, 2012  5:41 PM)Ryu-X Wrote: I'm confused. You mean she...doesn't like that you stopped playing Beyblades? Or she likes it?

she thinks sending me to college is a waste of time and money since I'm just going because I have no idea what to do with my life and I should just find a way to make a living doing beyblade. As a matter of fact, shes making me write a business plan this weekend to submit to hasbro to explain why they should open up an organized play division and put me in charge. Ive ben too lazy to write it and she just started pushing me to pick it up again.
you're lucky deikailo, instead of being pushed to college youre being pushed to beyblade ^__^ i wish my parents were like urs
(Jan. 13, 2012  6:06 PM)bulbasup Wrote: you're lucky deikailo, instead of being pushed to college youre being pushed to beyblade ^__^ i wish my parents were like urs
we didn't always get along this well.
This is the only thing they have ever been supportive of. I want to go to college, though... they have cute girls...

If hasbro ever considers picking me up, I'm going to show them to include their targeted consumer to include parents. They are missing such a great opportunity by only including kids.
(Jan. 13, 2012  6:02 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2012  5:41 PM)Ryu-X Wrote: I'm confused. You mean she...doesn't like that you stopped playing Beyblades? Or she likes it?

she thinks sending me to college is a waste of time and money since I'm just going because I have no idea what to do with my life and I should just find a way to make a living doing beyblade. As a matter of fact, shes making me write a business plan this weekend to submit to hasbro to explain why they should open up an organized play division and put me in charge. Ive ben too lazy to write it and she just started pushing me to pick it up again.

I would totally fund that. But dont you know the developers? Tell them, not Hasbro in general. The developers would have the sense to fund organized play.

Just imagine the WBO with funding from Hasbro.... Gasp
@ deikailo: oh ok whatever is cool for you Joyful_3 , im only 14 and i dont know what to do when i finish high school.... i want to draw manga Uncertain
What do you mean by "developers"?
(Jan. 13, 2012  6:14 PM)bulbasup Wrote: oh ok whatever is cool for you Joyful_3 , im only 14 and i dont know what to do when i finish high school.... i want to draw manga Uncertain
start by doing web comics. If you get your name out before you graduate, you'd have a brr shot at getting hired. Looks better on a resume.
(Jan. 13, 2012  6:14 PM)Deikailo Wrote: What do you mean by "developers"?
The people from Hasbro... Or was that somebody else?

[/quote]
i think he means not just hasbro, but the people in hasbro who mainly run the "beyblade' department
(Jan. 13, 2012  6:16 PM)Jaygrazer Wrote:
The people from Hasbro... Or was that somebody else?
[/quote]you said not hasbro... Either way, this is staying away from families. This should be continued in some other topic that is not this one or PMs.
(Jan. 13, 2012  6:14 PM)bulbasup Wrote: oh ok whatever is cool for you Joyful_3 , im only 14 and i dont know what to do when i finish high school.... i want to draw manga Uncertain
start by doing web comics. If you get your name out before you graduate, you'd have a brr shot at getting hired. Looks better on a resume.

thanx deikailo, i live in australia and i thought it was impossible for somone here to make manga

(Jan. 13, 2012  6:17 PM)bulbasup Wrote: i think he means not just hasbro, but the people in hasbro who mainly run the "beyblade' department
that is hasbro...
oh ok, i just thought they had different departments cause they also make other toys beside beyblade
Lolz my family kinda says the same thing. I'm 14. They think its for little kids but little kids can't make it as awesome or fun as we can now given I'll most likely give it up when I turn 17 though. I buy them even now.
Lol I'm 14 too
Yea the biggest problems

Drawing manga is very hard. Becoming a successful mangaka often requires throwing out the whole rest of your life.
(Jan. 14, 2012  6:23 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:

Drawing manga is very hard. Becoming a successful mangaka often requires throwing out the whole rest of your life.
I've never seen his work so I wouldn't be able to judge, but no point on giving up a dream without trying first.
My mom just reacently turned her entire perspective on beyblade around, ever since a week ago my mom has been fine with my hobby, but now she has just now started to tell me how im too old for beyblade, and now telling me im not allowed to have ANY beyblade related object at her house, i have to take it all to my dads house(Yes, my parents are divorced) and am never allowed to bring them back over. This wouldent be much of a problem, IF, my ONLY beybladeing friends live in the country club my mom lives in.....Unhappy
(Jan. 21, 2012  7:20 AM)JDBriggsBlader Wrote: My mom just reacently turned her entire perspective on beyblade around, ever since a week ago my mom has been fine with my hobby, but now she has just now started to tell me how im too old for beyblade, and now telling me im not allowed to have ANY beyblade related object at her house, i have to take it all to my dads house(Yes, my parents are divorced) and am never allowed to bring them back over. This wouldent be much of a problem, IF, my ONLY beybladeing friends live in the country club my mom lives in.....Unhappy

Entrust your collection to one of those friends. If they are really friends, one of them will understand your situation and they will keep your collection, separate from theirs, and waiting for you the next time you see each other.
(Jan. 21, 2012  7:20 AM)JDBriggsBlader Wrote: My mom just reacently turned her entire perspective on beyblade around, ever since a week ago my mom has been fine with my hobby, but now she has just now started to tell me how im too old for beyblade, and now telling me im not allowed to have ANY beyblade related object at her house, i have to take it all to my dads house(Yes, my parents are divorced) and am never allowed to bring them back over. This wouldent be much of a problem, IF, my ONLY beybladeing friends live in the country club my mom lives in.....Unhappy

Nearly the same exact thing happened to me__- My parents were all cool about it, and now they're using the age & toy card. To make it worse, they shrug me off when I refer to the WBO, which has people in their 20s & 30s, even older playing! It really irks me. I know how you feel.
didnt realise there was a place to complain about parents complaints about the amount of beyblades etc you own Tongue_out brilliant thought because im sure everyone can relate to parents complaining.

my mum and dad always complained about me spending too much on beyblades and other anime, figures etc when i was younger and to this day still do.

my answer to this has always been: 'would you prefer me to start smoking and buy cigarettes with my money ? ' then my mum would think 'well yes i guess so. (my dad smokes and my mum doesn't).
adding on that was - a spinning top which is also forever mine and if looked after will likely keep value or go just go up.

with saying this i dont recommend anyone to say this to your parents like i did or to start smoking. and i dont disrespecting anyones choices who choose to smoke. im just saying it as it was my trump card Grin