Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

The twins in the new one got WAY too much dialogue, many lines of which seemed to consist of "Yeah, cause you're a carp bro, gonna bust a cap in ya'll! Damn [expletive for a female dog], you shot me right in my face!"
At least Jazz's one line had some humor to it since they learned it off the world wide web, these two are just brain damage Tired
Unhappy I don't care what anyone says, I thought the first film was awesome and loved it so I am going to see this one as well.
Why does it even need to swear? T-R-A-N-S-F-O-R-M-E-R-S. Do they have swears in the cartoon? No. So why put them in a movie? Spider man can do it. Hell even Batman can. Why ruin one of my most loved series of all time?
You've never watched the G1 movie. That movie got a lot of flack because Spike says "Shi!t" when Moon base 1 is about to be eaten by Unicron. And all that animated series use alternatives to swearing (got to ensure that Y7 broadcast in Canada!) like Slag, etc.
(Jun. 20, 2009  2:54 PM)To Wrote: You know a lot of people in the UK and Ireland?

I have a couple cousins, uncles and aunts there. And a some friends who came here on exchange who I stay in contact with

So yeah, I know a few people. My cousins and a few exchange friends saw it and gave me very 'meh' responses.
Of course, I cared that Jazz was torn apart. :,[ i bought the toy in tribute LOL
Anyway I have no doubts I'll enjoy this, I don't expect much really aha

I've been watching G1 btw, its great but get dubious too.
(Jun. 20, 2009  11:11 PM)To Wrote: You've never watched the G1 movie. That movie got a lot of flack because Spike says "Shi!t" when Moon base 1 is about to be eaten by Unicron. And all that animated series use alternatives to swearing (got to ensure that Y7 broadcast in Canada!) like Slag, etc.

Yeah, but when I'm going to see a Transformers movie with my little brother (10) I don't expect tons of swearing Speechless
(Jun. 21, 2009  7:35 PM)Giga Wrote: Yeah, but when I'm going to see a Transformers movie with my little brother (10) I don't expect tons of swearing Speechless

Well, no, not normally. What aging is it because I would have thought they would have an aging for it if there was swearing?
This film is 3 hours and 20 minutes. But it looks awesome. And Linkin Park - New Divide is cool.

Zander, it's 12A (I think as it was last time). And it contained a lot of "S" words.
Both movies got PG-13's in the US. And PG's in Canada.
Yea and PG-13 in America is 12A in UK.
It's just a swear word people...

My parents took me to see films like Saving Private Ryan and Gladiator which were far more gruesome and I was like 9-10. I turned out fine.
(Jun. 21, 2009  8:50 PM)Khel Wrote: My parents took me to see films like Saving Private Ryan and Gladiator which were far more gruesome and I was like 9-10. I turned out fine.

Yeah, in that case, it's not that bad. Bit like when my Dad would swear when I was younger, I didn't really take any notice back then.
Transformers: More than meets the eye
Transformers: Shittty movie in pretty CGI disguise
I don't know why, but that just reminded me of the old transformers toy ads that used to air on television
(Jun. 22, 2009  1:35 AM)Roan Wrote: Transformers: More than meets the eye
Transformers: Shittty movie in pretty CGI disguise

HATERRRRRRRRR
Tongue_outjk

honestly everybody just lower you expectations, it so easy.
(Jun. 22, 2009  4:59 AM)Blue Wrote: honestly everybody just lower you expectations, it so easy.

yeah how dare anyone expect a good movie

on another hand, why does everyone always complain when expensive food tastes bad? maybe you expect too much, hmmmm?
It's a Bay movie. If you go into expecting a deep plot, with rich character development, and seemless transitions you've clearly never seen a Bay movie (which is odd considering how much money his movies have made over the years). In his movies you can expect loud noises, big explosions, racial stereotypes, cheesy dialogue and attractive women. Anything more and Bay is gonna hurt himself.
(Jun. 22, 2009  7:11 AM)To Wrote: It's a Bay movie. If you go into expecting a deep plot, with rich character development, and seemless transitions you've clearly never seen a Bay movie (which is odd considering how much money his movies have made over the years). In his movies you can expect loud noises, big explosions, racial stereotypes, cheesy dialogue and attractive women. Anything more and Bay is gonna hurt himself.

that's not the point at all holy carp

the point is that a lot of us REALLY LIKE TRANSFORMERS but don't want to sit through this unwatchable drivel. a transformers movie could've been awesome as hell but unfortunately michael bay got to it and wrecked it like everything he touches

he's like midas, except instead of gold everything he touches turns to carp
(Jan. 10, 2009  5:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: transformers movie was a pile of carp, not going to go see this
oh come on transformers is a really good franchise as for the movie the story looks like it will be pretty good and the battles will be effing awesome, but it will be hard to keep track of the names though
Having been a Transformers fan since practical birth (there are photos of me as a toddler with my brothers G1 stuff, and as I grew older with Beast Wars, RiD, Armada, etc.) you get used to the franchise. You get used to the fact that there are some times going to be good, and there are times it's going to be bad. You get used to differing opinions, and you get used to differing mythos wheither or not you like them (for example, I happen to detest the G1 series). Having these films be commercially viable means that one day there might be a retelling you enjoy. For Batman before there was Chris Nolan there was Joel Shoemacher (or how ever you spell his name)*.

*Note, I like Burton's films the best still, lmao.
I leave the day this movie comes out , lammeee!
to that's a lot of words to tell me that i shouldn't express my dislike for something
Im never going to get over how much I dislike the look of the Transformers currently, they look like scrap metal stuck together, bring back the classic look Wink
the first transformers movie was really bad and nothing compared to the anime.
If the anime wasn't created, then the movie would be ok