[Fan Design]  J's Beyblade Burst concepts

So, funny story, I was gonna post more stuff like my Zillion Zeus concept in that thread, but the title of that thread was really specific, so I'm going to post things similar to that in this thread semi regularly, so yeah. That's fun I guess. :P

Firstly, here's a Burst version of Metal Driger.
[Image: 1MlkTTJ.png]
I gave it Gravity and Weight as it's disk and driver to emulate it's 10 heavy and Heavy Metal Core. Other than that, not much to it.

I also made this concept thing for what the Phantazus beyblade could be.
[Image: Bda19YD.png]
The Kinetic driver is basically B:D. Neo is the Burst equivalent to the HMS CWDs. (They're gonna run out of disk letters eventually, they might as well implement CWDs :P) The frame that comes with this is called Absorb, and it's basically the Rubber Frame from Fusion. It has an 8-notched design which may sync well with the P2 layer's spikes? idk :P

Art Archive
I also designed some Burst Beys a while ago. My favourite one is Omega Raverus Orcan Overdrive. Omega Raverus is four sided, has four slopes (two wings face towards the head and two towards the tail) and two black omega symbols. Orcan is a disk with a rubber outer part to absorb spin, absorb hits and slow the opponent down. Overdrive is a free spinning ball shaped tip with a rubber flat bootom in the center with a smalll metal spike coming out of it and bearings.
(Aug. 18, 2016  3:53 PM)TL14 Wrote: I also designed some Burst Beys a while ago. My favourite one is Omega Raverus Orcan Overdrive. Omega Raverus is four sided, has four slopes (two wings face towards the head and two towards the tail) and two black omega symbols. Orcan is a disk with a rubber outer part to absorb spin, absorb hits and slow the opponent down. Overdrive is a free spinning ball shaped tip with a rubber flat bootom in the center with a smalll metal spike coming out of it and bearings.

It's a bit rude to come into a thread for someone else's creation and only talk about your own ...

Phantom concept is really cool TrainiacJ Smile
(Aug. 18, 2016  4:04 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's a bit rude to come into a thread for someone else's creation and only talk about your own ...

Phantom concept is really cool TrainiacJ Smile
I'm sure he didn't do it to be rude.

Nice concepts Trainiac!
Thanks for the positive feedback so far. Makes me feel a lot more confident posting these here :P

Speaking of feedback, I'm working on a Trident dual layer concept, and I'd like it if I could get feedback on this design or if I should make a different one. I feel it's not that great, maybe a Dranzer GT-esqe design would work better? I'd like to hear your opinions before I finalize the layer
[Image: b6LDS3I.png]
I´m sorry if it sounded rude. I´m very sorry if it did. Unhappy Also I really like the Trident dual layer. I think Tidal Trident would fit. Wink
I also like that Trident dual layer concept, it's my favorite of the ones you've shared Smile Nice color and line quality.
I didn't expect people to like the T2 concept I made lol.
I made another one that's a bit more symmetrical and I made the details kind of dent outwards like on other Dual Layers. Is it better or am I making it more boring? :P

[Image: uulEcV5.png]

Also, I decided against using Tidal Trident as the name. It sounded kinda awkward. (then again i thought mad minoboros was an awkward name but then that was confirmed as the official dual layer name so eh :P)
(Aug. 20, 2016  10:58 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: I didn't expect people to like the T2 concept I made lol.
I made another one that's a bit more symmetrical and I made the details kind of dent outwards like on other Dual Layers. Is it better or am I making it more boring? Tongue_out

[Image: uulEcV5.png]

Also, I decided against using Tidal Trident as the name. It sounded kinda awkward. (then again i thought mad minoboros was an awkward name but then that was confirmed as the official dual layer name so eh Tongue_out)

They both look great. But if they were real I feel your original design would have great smash
My engineering class has 3D printers so once I get familiar with the software I could potentially make 3D models of these.
(Aug. 21, 2016  9:45 PM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: My engineering class has 3D printers so once I get familiar with the software I could potentially make 3D models of these.

Oh my gosh that would be a freaking honor :P
6 days later and I finally made new stuff. :P

Firstly, here's the final version of my Tempest Trident concept. (i went with the second version, i though it would work better with the rest of the dual layer lineup) The frame and Neo disk combined are meant to weigh more than Heavy/Gravity, and I have it Edge even tho it's awful because H2 had Claw, so now we've come full circle. :P
[Image: AsMKWTr.png]

Next we have my concept of Beast Behemoth. I tried to make B2's design a cross between Bahamdia and Wyvang because apparently those are good in the Standard Format? (i only really keep up with limited and burst formats tho so... :P) The Stern frame is called Stern because apparently Stern is related to star or something? idk i just rewatched the end of 4D and though S2D's name was cool ok
[Image: 1wGADhS.png]
and it has unite because why not

ALSO, I had an idea for a new system/extension onto the Burst system. (i'll just let the pic explain itself :P)
[Image: GcILs8w.png]
I tried to combine all the best aspects of Plastics, HMS, MFB and Burst. (I would have tried to implement more Zero-G but synchromes with the burst system would be messy :P)
I've already come up with a lot of ideas for parts and I really want to develop this further. Do you guys have ideas? What do you think of it?
That looks extremely complicated, but I like the idea of limitless customization. So many things to change out for other parts! One bey could be every type mixed together to balance everything in an almost perfect combination! Very interesting!
I like how razer makes beyblades now lol

One question I have is, what is the purpose of the spin gear? What kinds are there?
Also that Neo disk is awesome. TT, take notes.
Introducing CWD's into burst would be an interesting concept that I'm sure would be welcomed by all. I do hope Takara Tomy is watching this. Just waiting for the right moment. Probably busy in the design lab right now. Probably not, but still a cool idea nontheless
I don't see how CWD in Burst could do much unless they are very wide or there are height variations in Burst.
Thanks for the feedback on the Chroma System concept. I've made a slightly more advanced version of the teaser bey. :P
[Image: hQfW2o0.png]
(edit; whoops i used an old version of this with the wrong names in the title thingy :P)

The parts for the Chroma System are as follows;
The Spirit Ring - Serves as the character and burst teeth of the bey. In the Chroma System, left spin will be a tad more common than in previous gens, so these will also dictate which direction these can spin in.

The Battle Layer - The main Contact points of the bey. Not much else too them. There's a secondary set of teeth between the SR and BL that keep it from spinning freely. Speaking of free spin...

The Customize Frame - Basically a CWD frame. The one in here is based on the first mockup I showed here, and all the other CFs will be wider than this one. It's just kind of a placeholder. :P

The Weight Core - Oh hey it's the obligatory weight disk :P
There won't be as many options for these as in Burst, just some Neutral/Wide/Balance/Heavy disks a la plastics and some Magnetic ones because the Magnecore system intrigues me. :P
The one pictured here is the Light core, which is plastic, a la the light wheels (because why not :P)

The Spin Gear - It's honestly just a driver with the tip cut off. :P
These would contain things like free spinning shafts, bearings, wings for down force, claws, height variants, engine gears, etc.

The Blade Base - (renamed because tip base sounds stupid :P)
Kind of a mix between performance tips and CEWs. Not much else to them really.

Rainbow King would be like the Ultimate/Spin Dragoon of the system I suppose. :P

I've already brainstormed a bunch of potential parts and beyblades, but I'd like to hear feedback on this before I go any further. Thoughts?
i would like to see a cheetah and an opabinia beyblade in your system,i feel like they would fit.
Hasbro's packaging for burst looks like poorly framed garbage so I made a mock up of something similar to the Legends packaging.
[Image: nMgvKcO.png]

(i swear next time I post here i'll at least have some text about Chroma :P)
(Sep. 02, 2016  2:18 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Hasbro's packaging for burst looks like poorly framed garbage so I made a mock up of something similar to the Legends packaging.
[Image: nMgvKcO.png]

(i swear next time I post here i'll at least have some text about Chroma Tongue_out)

I would buy that!
Flipping heck @[TrainiacJ]! You are awesome at these concept renders and that mock up of the Beyblade packaging is absolutely fantastic. I think it's way better than the Hasbro one and I would definitely guy it if it were real Smile
Aw, you guys are too nice. :P

Seriously tho I'm really glad you guys like my stuff so much. I was thinking of maybe making a google slideshow thingy of more of those and maybe some two packs? Only if you want to see it though. :P

Now then, Chroma. With the advent of Hasbro's burst, I think Choma will use slopes like the Hasbro layers because... consistency? :P

Also, I kinda sorta began conceptualizing a Chroma fanfic series. I highly doubt I'll ever get around to writing it, (fun fact: i made my first YouTube channel somewhere between 2009 and 2011, made one video in 2013, then made a new channel in 2014, didn't use that until 2015, made what was going to be gaming channel later that year, then realized that was stupid and retooled it into Poison Pegasus. I kinda got off topic but the point is I procrastinate a lot :P) but I definitely will post the beys that would belong to the characters. Would anyone be interested in those or should I just stick to box art and burst concepts?
(Sep. 03, 2016  2:07 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Aw, you guys are too nice. Tongue_out

Seriously tho I'm really glad you guys like my stuff so much. I was thinking of maybe making a google slideshow thingy of more of those and maybe some two packs? Only if you want to see it though. Tongue_out

Now then, Chroma. With the advent of Hasbro's burst, I think Choma will use slopes like the Hasbro layers because... consistency? Tongue_out

Also, I kinda sorta began conceptualizing a Chroma fanfic series. I highly doubt I'll ever get around to writing it, (fun fact: i made my first YouTube channel somewhere between 2009 and 2011, made one video in 2013, then made a new channel in 2014, didn't use that until 2015, made what was going to be gaming channel later that year, then realized that was stupid and retooled it into Poison Pegasus. I kinda got off topic but the point is I procrastinate a lot Tongue_out) but I definitely will post the beys that would belong to the characters. Would anyone be interested in those or should I just stick to box art and burst concepts?
Personally I'd love to see your ideas for characters, Why not? You have the skill.
[Image: sFGK0FV.png]

AYYY I DID A THING

Tigra is meant to be a homage to the Driger line, it that wasn't obvious. Vulcan and the Upper Frame are meant to work together in a Driger V2 style, the Heavy core is there because Driger S had 8 Heavy, and isn't Driger S the best one? Tongue_out
The Release Gear goes from fixed tip to free spinning tip, and the Point Base is a metal change tip.

The render here is very much a prototype, I think I made the BL way too big. If someone wants to try and illustrate their own version, be my guest, because it's hard to get the proportions right in Slides. Tongue_out
The battle layer is not metal....the I would prefer Metal Saga beyblades over burst ones.