[Tournament Rule Disscusion] Allowing Rip Fire beys

Poll: Do you think that rip fire beys should be banned?

Yes, they should be added.
38.89%
No, they should not be added.
33.33%
Meh, I will go either / or
27.78%
Total: 100% 18 vote(s)
As part of tournament rules, rip fire beys are prohibited to be used in tournaments. But why? Too bulky? Weird way of bursting? I'll explain a possible ruleset if rip fire beys are unbanned.

Of course, Hasbro exclusive system. But should it just be banned because of that? No, lets dig deeper

Maybe the bulkiness creates an unfair weight distribution? Maybe, but lets dig into our last possible reason.

The bursting of course! They way it bursts is why it's banned, well lucky you I made up a ruleset just for this situation. Here is a made up phrase I made. "Splits in 2, spins like new. Breaks in 3, burst legititmatly." 

What this phrase says is that is a rip fire bey bursts into 2 pieces, the layer abides by the Pheonix armor rule, while the disc and driver are consitered the "bey". It is a real burst if the rip fire bey bursts into 3 pieces or while in 2 pieces, the disc gets knocked off of the driver. If the 2 piece bey stops spinning or gets knocked outmof the ring, your foe gets 1 point not 2.

So, if you guys consiter adding this new rule with possible tweaks, that would be great.
(Dec. 13, 2019  1:23 AM)lilphilyb Wrote: As part of tournament rules, rip fire beys are prohibited to be used in tournaments. But why? Too bulky? Weird way of bursting? I'll explain a possible ruleset if rip fire beys are unbanned.

Of course, Hasbro exclusive system. But should it just be banned because of that? No, lets dig deeper

Maybe the bulkiness creates an unfair weight distribution? Maybe, but lets dig into our last possible reason.

The bursting of course! They way it bursts is why it's banned, well lucky you I made up a ruleset just for this situation. Here is a made up phrase I made. "Splits in 2, spins like new. Breaks in 3, burst legititmatly." 

What this phrase says is that is a rip fire bey bursts into 2 pieces, the layer abides by the Pheonix armor rule, while the disc and driver are consitered the "bey". It is a real burst if the rip fire bey bursts into 3 pieces or while in 2 pieces, the disc gets knocked off of the driver. If the 2 piece bey stops spinning or gets knocked outmof the ring, your foe gets 1 point not 2.

So, if you guys consiter adding this new rule with possible tweaks, that would be great.

This was added long ago when they first came out. Now in standard format they allow electric drivers released by TT like hybrid and ignition’. I would test the electric drivers on a combo against good Hasbro combos to make sure they are not overpowered for Hasbro format.
Not sure why you made this a poll: public opinion is not going to have an effect on this.

The way I see it, if Ignition' and Hybrid are allowed in Standard, and Ripfire tips function mostly the same way, then there's no real reason to deny Ripfire tips in Standard. Anti-Hasbro bias alone is not a sufficient reason.

Hypersphere tips are still undergoing testing, but those look like they're going to be banned in Classic: their weight and LAD is simply too high. But Ripfires don't necessarily have this issue. And the TT electric drivers are already banned in Classic.

As long as the Ripfire tips don't have ridiculously strong springs (stronger than Hasbro bearing) and really insane LAD (like the Hypersphere tips do) then if enough well established bladers do sufficient testing to prove they aren't absurdly overpowered, then WBO should consider unbanning them in Standard.

But first you need some of the more established bladers to do some testing, and that's going to be a difficult sell.
I dont exactly understand rip fire beys although i know what they are
I volunteer to test ripfire and RC, just give me some beys to be voluntold
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:43 AM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: I volunteer to test ripfire and RC, just give me some beys to be voluntold

Nah. No one's going to give you the beys. Get them yourself if you want to test them.

You don't appear to do much actual testing and results posting, so, I don't think anyone's going to be too excited about leaving it up to your testing for deciding whether or not a rule should change. If you want your testing results to be trusted and respected, start with something less pivotal. Post the test results from some of your beys in your ongoing quest to make your beys viable.

You could always start.
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:55 AM)I’m DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:43 AM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: I volunteer to test ripfire and RC, just give me some beys to be voluntold

Nah. No one's going to give you the beys. Get them yourself if you want to test them.

You don't appear to do much actual testing and results posting, so, I don't think anyone's going to be too excited about leaving it up to your testing for deciding whether or not a rule should change. If you want your testing results to be trusted and respected, start with something less pivotal. Post the test results from some of your beys in your ongoing quest to make your beys viable.

You could always start.
No I mean combos to test them against not the Beyblades to be tested
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:56 AM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2020  3:55 AM)I’m DeceasedCrab Wrote: Nah. No one's going to give you the beys. Get them yourself if you want to test them.

You could always start.
No I mean combos to test them against not the Beyblades to be tested

Uhh, see every sentence past the first one in my post.
I don't see this ever happening tbh. I know the whole argument is "TT made their own electronic drivers which are allowed so why not unban Ripfire and RC?" but those don't really do anything compared to the electric drivers TT has so what would be the point?

Also the whole reasoning/argument to get them unbanned isn't really a good reason at all.
I don't see why they should be banned as of now, but it's not like it's going to change anything.
I do not think rip fire should be allowed. They are different than normal beys. If they aren’t allowed in Hasbro official tournaments then they shouldn’t be allowed here.
From my experience they have weaker springs but with good OWD.

tS4.G-R.U-R/R-R/P-R might be good, a little light tho.

But classic wise, it would have to be considered in a similar way to Ig' and Hy.
J2.G-R.U-R might have enough burst resistance to possibly work.

But there is the problem of some Single layers being about the same width as some of the rip fire disks.
I remember D.G-R.U-R being one of those combos. Still burst able but with contactpoints that practically match the diameter of the disk. But I might be wrong.
Well, could I at least have some suggestions for a good defense layer. Jourmator is too light, and I want a layer for 4 meteor revolve

(Jan. 23, 2020  1:32 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: Well, could I at least have some suggestions for a good defense layer. Jourmator is too light, and I want a layer for 4 meteor revolve
Then I can test, whether it’s rc or not