[Toronto, Ontario, Canada] General Tournament Interest Seeking

(Feb. 01, 2013  10:43 PM)JesseObre Wrote: ill be able to come and i think i have some friends that might come (guessing 3 or 4) so yeah

Really? That would be great. Try to get them to sign up sometime within the next month and have them post here.

(Feb. 02, 2013  4:52 AM)Suntailhawk Wrote: As for name.... Defrost ___?

That's a good start, haha.

Also, theunderdog PMed me and said that he may come.
I'll be there. Wow, it's been a while since I've been on the website.
And, yeah I've been missing BB-10 a lot!
if it will be warm enough im in ;D funny story actually
i was just organizing my competitive beyblade case cuz i got a random feeling to wanna preper for a tournament XD and will you look at this a tournament announcement XD lol
(Feb. 03, 2013  2:01 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: I'll be there. Wow, it's been a while since I've been on the website.
And, yeah I've been missing BB-10 a lot!

Me too! It's been so long. It'll be interesting to see what it's like now that ZERO-G has been out for nearly a year.

(Feb. 04, 2013  5:23 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: if it will be warm enough im in ;D funny story actually
i was just organizing my competitive beyblade case cuz i got a random feeling to wanna preper for a tournament XD and will you look at this a tournament announcement XD lol

We're at about seven participants right now, but that's including yourself, FlameDragon25, and theunderdog who are on the "possible" list for now, and not including the three or four people Jesse might bring (remember Jesse, if you can, get them to sign up and post here as soon as you can!).

Again, once we can get eight confirmed participants, I'll create the group on meetup.com. Hopefully through doing that we can gain a few new Bladers!
Yes, I can make it for this tourney, ill come, thanks! Smile Also, i might possibly bring a friend too! And maybe you could call it "March Madness" :p
I can make it for the tournament too! So excited, my first tourney!
(Feb. 07, 2013  1:05 AM)Gravity Wave Wrote: Yes, I can make it for this tourney, ill come, thanks! Smile Also, i might possibly bring a friend too! And maybe you could call it "March Madness" :p

(Feb. 07, 2013  1:07 AM)HeavenKerbecs Wrote: I can make it for the tournament too! So excited, my first tourney!

Great! Now we just need two more confirmed participants and this tournament will become an Official Event. Smile
Hi, this is going to be my first tournament, for sure I will come, thanks Smile
YES! Okay good, I think now we only need 1 more confirmed attendee!
Hi all,
Was looking for BB activity for my 6yr-old son, who's only just got into BB's. Could I bring him, and a friend or two?
JuniorBB'smom
Yep you can. As long as him and his friends have accounts.
(Feb. 09, 2013  9:57 PM)juniorBBsmom Wrote: Hi all,
Was looking for BB activity for my 6yr-old son, who's only just got into BB's. Could I bring him, and a friend or two?
JuniorBB'smom

Yes, please do! Smile The more the merrier. So, would you say that you/your son and his friends are confirmed for attendance? We need to have eight confirmed participants before the tournament can be made official.

And yes, please make an account for your son as well. All Bladers need accounts so that we can process the results into our worldwide ranking system, the BeyPoint System.
Ahhh! If this was on the 3rd I would so be on the Confirmed List... I have aprox. 2-3 hours between the things I have to do on that date, so if I knew the time, I would be able to tell you if I would be able to come.
(Feb. 09, 2013  11:34 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2013  9:57 PM)juniorBBsmom Wrote: Hi all,
JuniorBB'smom

Yes, please do! Smile The more the merrier. So, would you say that you/your son and his friends are confirmed for attendance? We need to have eight confirmed participants before the tournament can be made official.

And yes, please make an account for your son as well. All Bladers need accounts so that we can process the results into our worldwide ranking system, the BeyPoint System.

Thank, Kei! Well, I confirm my son and I will be there. Have yet to sell the idea to another little kid. Sure I can make an account for my son (who may, or may not, want to play - he may feel a bit shy and just want to watch).

Incidentally, is this an indoor or an outdoor thing?

JBM
If you are planning to attend the one on March 2nd it is outdoors at High Park. So I would say outdoors thing, hah.
OK, thanks, Thunder Dome.

Kei, my son and I have the same registration info, ie email, so the system is not letting me register an account for him. Could you maybe just consider one of us as the actual attendee and the other as just the chaperone?
(Feb. 12, 2013  10:45 PM)pyrus10000 Wrote: Ahhh! If this was on the 3rd I would so be on the Confirmed List... I have aprox. 2-3 hours between the things I have to do on that date, so if I knew the time, I would be able to tell you if I would be able to come.

Hmm, well I hadn't decided on a time yet. I'm thinking either 12PM or 1PM, would either of those work?

(If anybody else has an issue with either of these times, just let me know)

(Feb. 13, 2013  4:18 AM)juniorBBsmom Wrote: Thank, Kei! Well, I confirm my son and I will be there. Have yet to sell the idea to another little kid. Sure I can make an account for my son (who may, or may not, want to play - he may feel a bit shy and just want to watch).

Alright, great! Based on the amount of possible attendees we seem to have, we hopefully won't be relying on your son to help us make the minimum. If does end up being shy, just let me know on the day of the tournament and I'll do my best to make things as easy/comfortable as possible for him.

My best advice right now for you would be to inform him of the basic rules, such as: to launch when the judge does the countdown, each BeyBattle is best 3 of 5, once he has attached his Beyblade to his launcher, he cannot change it until the next BeyBattle, etc. You can download the WBO Organized Play Official Rulebook here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Orga...cial-Rules

(Feb. 13, 2013  4:18 AM)juniorBBsmom Wrote: Incidentally, is this an indoor or an outdoor thing?

JBM

All of our tournaments in Toronto are outdoors, except for one or two in May, which take place at the Anime North convention each year. We usually have at least one tournament every month, except in the winter months.

This one is going to be in a shelter at High Park. I'll have more information about exactly where we play when I post the official thread in the Official Events forum. And since we now have enough participants, that should be up some time this week! Smile

(also, I am still taking any ideas you guys have for names haha)

edit:
(Feb. 13, 2013  5:22 AM)juniorBBsmom Wrote: Kei, my son and I have the same registration info, ie email, so the system is not letting me register an account for him. Could you maybe just consider one of us as the actual attendee and the other as just the chaperone?

We could technically use your account, since you won't be playing (I assume?), but would it be hard for you to create a separate e-mail just for the account?
Bey's Ignite? thats my only tittle i have
(Feb. 14, 2013  1:36 AM)JesseObre Wrote: Bey's Ignite? thats my only tittle i have

haha thats pretty good, I was thinking of March Madness :p
Try Spring Bladers
(Feb. 14, 2013  1:36 AM)JesseObre Wrote: Bey's Ignite? thats my only tittle i have

Maybe I'll go with Ignite Your Spirit! 2, haha.
(Feb. 14, 2013  7:09 PM)Kei Wrote:

Maybe I'll go with Ignite Your Spirit! 2, haha.
I was thinking of that 2 lol
what about metal march because the beys are metal (irony intended) Tongue_out
Haha that sounds good too! So can you make this an official event yet?
(Feb. 17, 2013  11:11 PM)LMAO Wrote: Haha that sounds good too! So can you make this an official event yet?

The thread will be up tomorrow. Smile I just need to make the logo.