[Toronto, Ontario, Canada] General Tournament Interest Seeking

(Nov. 25, 2012  11:02 PM)Bobmcdoogal Wrote: I asked the guy who runs the TOF beyblade tournaments and he said it was a good idea but it's just the publicity because if he advertises it then he'll get 50 people which will crowd the store. And the proper stadiums like BB-10s,BBG-04s,11s,18s.(They have 1 BB-10 and I have 1 BB-10 so we cn host a MFB Format Tournament)

He could always place a limit on the amount of participants if space is an issue.
(Nov. 25, 2012  11:31 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2012  11:02 PM)Bobmcdoogal Wrote: I asked the guy who runs the TOF beyblade tournaments and he said it was a good idea but it's just the publicity because if he advertises it then he'll get 50 people which will crowd the store. And the proper stadiums like BB-10s,BBG-04s,11s,18s.(They have 1 BB-10 and I have 1 BB-10 so we cn host a MFB Format Tournament)

He could always place a limit on the amount of participants if space is an issue.
No he would not.

(Nov. 25, 2012  11:34 PM)jubksin43 Wrote: No he would not.

Do you know him? Why would he waste the opportunity to bring more people into his store? I don't see any reason for him not to, especially if he can control the amount of participants.
Yeah I can ask at the next tournament about the participation limit. But there will have to be $5 store fee for tournaments because there has already been a registration fee for TOF beyblade tournaments.
(Nov. 26, 2012  12:03 AM)Ken Rao Wrote: So where aloud to have tournaments in a store?
Well if the owner gives you permission to have one.
i am happy to know this but ummmm... i might come but i am trying to find tournaments at high park
(Nov. 29, 2012  3:50 AM)dragon ball Wrote: i am happy to know this but ummmm... i might come but i am trying to find tournaments at high park

I don't think there is any at the moment but you can come to my tournament if you want.
(Nov. 25, 2012  11:50 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2012  11:34 PM)jubksin43 Wrote: No he would not.

Do you know him? Why would he waste the opportunity to bring more people into his store? I don't see any reason for him not to, especially if he can control the amount of participants.
Yes I do.

(Nov. 29, 2012  3:50 AM)dragon ball Wrote: i am happy to know this but ummmm... i might come but i am trying to find tournaments at high park

We're probably going to have one final outdoor tournament before the end of the year at High Park, but it'll probably be relatively small considering how cold the weather will be. Beyond that, I'm going to start looking for an indoor venue for us to use, which will probably not be near High Park.
(Dec. 01, 2012  10:08 PM)Ken Rao Wrote: i'm starting two tournaments in toronto anyone can come if they want.

Except that no, you are not allowed to host anything yet.
Is anyone free for an outdoor tournament on December 29th or 30th? We have to continue the tradition! This year it would be FROZEN FEET hahaha.
(Dec. 07, 2012  5:59 PM)Kei Wrote: Is anyone free for an outdoor tournament on December 29th or 30th? We have to continue the tradition! This year it would be FROZEN FEET hahaha.

You should know i'm always free so i'll come
I am in! I just just a few block north of high park. Either the 29 or 30th will do but I prefer the 30th

Anything I should bring aside from beyblades and launchers?
(Dec. 10, 2012  1:52 AM)Suntailhawk Wrote: I am in! I just just a few block north of high park. Either the 29 or 30th will do but I prefer the 30th

A stadium would be nice Smile
(Dec. 10, 2012  1:56 AM)Ken Rao Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2012  1:52 AM)Suntailhawk Wrote: I am in! I just just a few block north of high park. Either the 29 or 30th will do but I prefer the 30th

Just got the meteor fire stadium... Not sure if that's official?
(Dec. 10, 2012  2:01 AM)Suntailhawk Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2012  1:56 AM)Ken Rao Wrote:

Just got the meteor fire stadium... Not sure if that's official?
Nope, thats not official to use. A common official stadium is a BB-10. Read the rules.

Hmm... Yeah, I'm free on the 29th/30th. I hope we find an indoor venue soon though, because it's really getting cold.
I MIGHT be good.
The only reason why it is a "might" and not a "100% yes!" is because I may be at buffalo then, hopefully not though!
29th would be better for me cuz its further away from new years so yeah... but i still wont come since its gonna be cold >.> =(

also if i come ill be selling 5 bb-10 stadiums for $45 each
(Dec. 11, 2012  12:15 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: but i still wont come since its gonna be cold >.> =(

Clearly not Canadian.

But seriously, you should come! Over the past two failed tournaments, we were usually missing a very small amount to meet the minimum (two or so) so every single person counts at this point!
(Dec. 14, 2012  12:36 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: But seriously, you should come! Over the past two failed tournaments, we were usually missing a very small amount to meet the minimum (two or so) so every single person counts at this point!

Yeah, I mean, at this point we've yet again got six people! We would have had eight, but unfortunately Bitix, Minion, and Crimson are busy on both dates. D: I might have to convince Daegor42 to come again haha.

Does anybody have any friends they could bring along to the event? I could potentially ask Blue if he could make it.
(Dec. 15, 2012  12:20 AM)Kei Wrote: Does anybody have any friends they could bring along to the event? I could potentially ask Blue if he could make it.

Any updates (or at least comments) on this, guys? We're running out of time! This is who we have right now:

Kei
JesseObre
SuntailHawk
Ken Rao
pyrus10000
Pockyx3

This means we just need two more people.
I'll try to make it, but it also depends on weather cuz Stouffville has lots of snow during winter and it might be hard getting a drive down :\