[Toronto, Ontario, 5/4/14] GBT2: Ontario Qualifier

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: 0ppn.png]

SUNDAY, MAY 4 2014 - 1PM
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
LIMITED FORMAT

The road to the Grand Battle begins! Toronto Bladers, this is your chance to earn paid travel expenses (if necessary) to ANIME NORTH, along with an AN Pass to play in the WBO North American Championship, GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2!!

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here! This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

Mandatory $5 Entry Fee = More Qualifiers + Extra Credits + Free Face Booster!
To help subsidize the high cost of flying/busing the qualifiers to Toronto, a mandatory $5 entry fee will be imposed on all Qualifier Series tournaments, regardless of whether or not a participant has a Blader Passport (if you wish to purchase a Blader Passport, the total cost would be $15 at a Qualifier Series tournament), and there will be no prize reimbursement apart from the travel expenses for the winner. We hope that everyone can understand this! The more funds we have, the bigger this championship will be! However, to show our appreciation for your cooperation and support in helping to fund the championship, all participants in Qualifier Series tournaments will receive the following:

What can I win?
The winner of this qualifier will receive the following:
  • Paid travel expenses, by plane/bus/public transit (if necessary, and whichever is cheapest) to ANIME NORTH 2014 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2.
  • An ANIME NORTH 2014 Pass
Qualifiers will be responsible for finding/paying for accommodations in Toronto, but we will work closely with each of you to make sure that you find somewhere suitable. Additionally, the winner will be required to consult with the Committee before booking their flight/bus, and then after approval, provide a booking confirmation to the WBO Committee before they can provide reimbursement for the traveling costs. We can also reimburse gas costs, but in that case, reimbursement will only take place in person after we have received gas receipts. If you are local to Toronto and plan on taking public transit to the venue for GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2, then you will simply have to present transfers to us when you arrive.

What is “Limited Format”?
If you are not familiar with Limited Format, please take the time to read through this thread:
MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

And for the up to date ban list for Limited Format, please check this thread:
Limited Ban List Discussion

If you think you'll be able to make it out to GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: Ontario Qualifier, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
MidnightLWBO
LMAO
The Sponge
CosmicIrfan
Sarah
pegasus3510
Death Orion BGrin
supremacy87
PirateOrochi15
loyd87
loyd87's Friend
Suntailhawk
"Byxis"
Beybladebroz
thunderblader
Pockyx3

Possible Attendees:
pyrus10000
bladeryBoB66
1234beyblade
sarabscientist
JesseObre
TylerPT
dingos12
Wally.web
SamuraiDrago
SideOfPReach
christopher473

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Can the event be on the Saturday? I might not go if it's a Sunday cause I might have school the next day or not have a way of going at all.
We tend to host our tournaments on Sunday because most of our attendees seem to be busy on Saturdays.

Hopefully over two months notice is enough time for you to arrange something, though. Wink
The thing with me is that I'm going back to school shortly and if I were to have school the next day then me going is a no dice deal. I can't be rushing out of the tourney to try to get to Montreal before school starts.
Confirm me as of now! SamuraiDrago's possible as well.

It's been a while since I've seen a Toronto tournament thread, haha.
(Feb. 25, 2014  8:34 AM)ridbladebreaker Wrote: The thing with me is that I'm going back to school shortly and if I were to have school the next day then me going is a no dice deal. I can't be rushing out of the tourney to try to get to Montreal before school starts.

Oh, so you're from Montreal? Perhaps you should instead focus your efforts on being able to make it to AN? The qualifier is important, but not as important as the AN weekend itself!
Ah, put me on possible, please!
(Feb. 25, 2014  8:38 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2014  8:34 AM)ridbladebreaker Wrote: The thing with me is that I'm going back to school shortly and if I were to have school the next day then me going is a no dice deal. I can't be rushing out of the tourney to try to get to Montreal before school starts.

Oh, so you're from Montreal? Perhaps you should instead focus your efforts on being able to make it to AN? The qualifier is important, but not as important as the AN weekend itself!
Agreed. It's best you focus on the main event, rather than this one event. I hope to see you there!

Also not to go off topic or anything but, has anyone heard from Wally.web? He hasn't been active in a little over two months.
(Feb. 25, 2014  8:38 PM)Kei Wrote:

Yeah that's what I thought too, I'll get my stuff ready and try to make it. Hopefully my parents would be okay with it cause I have a gap in my curriculum for school when I'm doing nothing.
i might go, but WOW, there are so many ternaments going on this is amazing!
Put me, The Sponge, CosmicIrfan, and Sarah on confirmed please Smile

Also, I'll get the Kijiji, Craigslist and WIHT ads up today, or tomorrow Smile
Possible. Hope it will be very warm by then!
Possible
SamuraiDrago is confirmed as of now.
I noticed something pretty funny XD I am Rank 64, 64 winning %, and 64 total matches. GGS Tongue_out
(Mar. 04, 2014  6:27 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: I noticed something pretty funny XD I am Rank 64, 64 winning %, and 64 total matches. GGS Tongue_out

That doesn't go here Tongue_out

It would probably go in the organized play random thoughts or the WBO random thoughts.
There's a posibility Max88183 will make a turn out.
Put me as possible attendee please
(Mar. 10, 2014  2:27 PM)dingos12 Wrote: dingoboy

possible attende
Hope to see you there! Are you from Toronto?
possible attendees for me! thanks
Im a possibility to attend, I need to talk to my dad about fees and plans for that weekend, Canada's Wonderland opens that day apparently and we have some plans to go on that day. Please add me to the list!
(Apr. 03, 2014  1:24 AM)The Troll Wrote: Im a possibility to attend, I need to talk to my dad about fees and plans for that weekend, Canada's Wonderland opens that day apparently and we have some plans to go on that day. Please add me to the list!
Gasp

That'll be great. I'm hoping to see you there!
(Apr. 03, 2014  1:26 AM)Midnìght Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2014  1:24 AM)The Troll Wrote: Im a possibility to attend, I need to talk to my dad about fees and plans for that weekend, Canada's Wonderland opens that day apparently and we have some plans to go on that day. Please add me to the list!
Gasp

That'll be great. I'm hoping to see you there!

You too Tongue_out. Like I said, I might not be there due to plans but I still want to be a Possible Attendee