[Toronto, Ontario, 5/25/13] BEYBLADE REVOLUTION: WBO North American Championship

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: beybladerevolutionlogosa.png]

SATURDAY, MAY 25, 2013
hosted by Anime North 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel - Northern Spy Room
ZERO-G FORMAT

9:30 AM - Free Battle & Set Up
10:30 AM - Registration for BEYBLADE REVOLUTION
11:30 AM - BEYBLADE REVOLUTION

THE REVOLUTION BEGINS! The WBO is proud to announce that we will be partnering with ANIME NORTH 2013–for the sixth consecutive year–to host what will likely be the most exciting event in WBO history … the WBO North American Championship: BEYBLADE REVOLUTION!! With Bladers from across the continent will be battling it out for the title of WBO North American Champion, the competition will surely be intense.

Want to participate?
BEYBLADE REVOLUTION will be open to the public, but if you live in North America, and aren't able to afford the trip up to Toronto? Don't worry! We've got you covered; win one of our qualifier tournaments and you'll win paid travel expenses up to Toronto! Here's the list of qualifiers currently planned:

Entry: You need an AN Pass!
A Blader Passport is not required for this tournament, as AN does not allow event organizers to charge entry fees for events within the convention. However, if you want to support the WBO so we can host even better tournaments with even better prizes in the future, and participate in the BeyPoints ranking System in future tournaments, then you will need one! So, if you wish to purchase one at the tournament, that is still possible.

To participate in the tournament, you currently have a few options to gain entrance: a) a weekend pass or b) a day pass for Saturday at AN. Click here for information about online registration for ANIME NORTH 2013. Please note that children (ages 6-13) are admitted for half price.

Over the years, expanding the Blader population has always been one of the primary goals of the AN tournament; hence it was branded as "BEYBLADE CRUSADE" for the past two years. However, for those of you who have attended the event in the past, you'll know that there has always been a secondary goal behind the event: bringing friends together and the fostering of relationships. This has always been so incredibly meaningful and inspiring because of the wide range of people who attend the event: people who live just a few minutes away, people who live in another province, people who live in a different country, and even people who live on a different continent! And this year, with the qualifiers flying/busing in from across North America, this aspect will only be further emphasized.

If there is any chance that you can make it to the event, take it! It's an experience I can guarantee you won't regret, not only because you'll be competing for the prestigious title of WBO North American Champion, but because you'll meet fantastic people from across North America.

If you think you'll be able to make it out to BEYBLADE REVOLUTION, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
Kai-V
Blader Monk
Bey Brad
Spinster
Dark_Mousy
theunderdog
LMAO
Pockyx3
Wrathn
Shadow
Hikaru Hasama~
Minion
JesseObre
lord Wolfblade
Slee
MasterBlader896
black star2013
geetster99
Ethan H
Stars
Yuko Ray14
Fang wolf
Arupaeo
Shining God MS
stormscorpio1
Fluttershy Pony
UltimateOrion
ultimatecrown
carlandsandy
dr. leo
Crimson
Suntailhawk
dungin101
Matrix

Possible Attendees:
ridbladebreaker
Primal
Bobmcdoogal
pyrus10000
HeavenKerbecs
bj3rdd
Pruebame
superiorblader
jubksin43
1234beyblade
Bahamdia Master
darkpegasus2013
TheDarkDerper
ultimitepegusus
Lil'Homey

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Nice! I know people came from Maryland, North Carolina, Michigan, Toronto, and Montreal. Are there any other areas that were represented?
(May. 26, 2013  2:41 AM)LMAO Wrote: What were the prizes for each winner at the end?

I cannot remember since we had to do it quickly outside the room because of the overtime. I know that stormscorpio1 got two golden Dark Knight Dragooon, to make a gold Synchrom.

(May. 26, 2013  2:41 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: How many people attended?

Read my post.
What combos did the winners use, if you don't mind me asking ?
Wow!! I had an incredible time, I cannot believe I made it into the finals, but turns out the competition was just too fierce to handle.

It was amazing to meet all the bladers from all different areas. I feel like I've definitely made some friends from all over NA.
Good job to everyone who attended. I saw some real promise from some of the young'ins.

I'm sorry that I couldn't stay to see the very end of it all, but I had some plans with people who were getting rather restless that I wasn't joining up with them. But a belated congratulations to the winners! (Psssst. Jesse, you totally owe me a part of that prize! Tongue_out_wink)

Also amazing was getting to chat with the two VO's from the anime. Having them participate in the festivities was such a huge plus. They were really cool guys!

I <3 this community.
I just want to thank all the people who made this championship possible a huge thanks to kei for organizing the event and to everyone who donated to the wbo making this a possibility and I am honored to have been able to attend this huge milestone for the beyblade community and I hope the the tourneys just keep getting bigger and better from hear and it was great meeting all the new people I meet (suntailhawk) and many others and thank all of you who congratulated me on my victory this just shows once again how amazing of a community that the wbo is and will be for years to come
(May. 26, 2013  5:53 AM)stormscorpio1 Wrote: I just want to thank all the people who made this championship possible a huge thanks to kei for organizing the event and to everyone who donated to the wbo making this a possibility and I am honored to have been able to attend this huge milestone for the beyblade community and I hope the the tourneys just keep getting bigger and better from hear and it was great meeting all the new people I meet (suntailhawk) and many others and thank all of you who congratulated me on my victory this just shows once again how amazing of a community that the wbo is and will be for years to come

Combo thief lol you stole my combo in the finals.
Who won
(May. 26, 2013  5:53 AM)stormscorpio1 Wrote: I just want to thank all the people who made this championship possible a huge thanks to kei for organizing the event and to everyone who donated to the wbo making this a possibility and I am honored to have been able to attend this huge milestone for the beyblade community and I hope the the tourneys just keep getting bigger and better from hear and it was great meeting all the new people I meet (suntailhawk) and many others and thank all of you who congratulated me on my victory this just shows once again how amazing of a community that the wbo is and will be for years to come

Congratulations, it's really refreshing to see a name I don't recognise that well win AN, and I must say I'm glad to see you're a real good sport about it, too.

(May. 26, 2013  6:46 PM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: Combo thief lol you stole my combo in the finals.

That's tournaments dude - it's always a really good idea when using a combo at a big tournament to also know a way to counter it or at least what to do if someone sees you using it and does the same. Backup plans for backup plans Tongue_out
Here was a picture of the prizes: https://twitter.com/worldbeyblade/status...21/photo/1

What are the two big sets that have the synchromes in them?
Congrats to everyone who placed. I really enjoyed AN this year. Looking forward to seeing everyone next year. Ill have pics and all up tomorrow. I feel a trip to Toronto or Montreal are possible in my not so distant future.
(May. 26, 2013  9:34 PM)Cryptic Wrote: Here was a picture of the prizes: https://twitter.com/worldbeyblade/status...21/photo/1

What are the two big sets that have the synchromes in them?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BBG-24-B...lance-Type
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BBG-25-B...fense-Type
I just wanted to say how AWESOME it was being at the tournament. You guys are all amazing and I absolutely LOVED watching you play.

It was great meeting all of you and I really hope to be invited and to attend any other events that you guys hold.

Thanks again for the incredible time, you guys rock.

Edit: I originally didn't see this.
(May. 26, 2013  12:36 AM)Kai-V Wrote: We additionally have to give a special shoutout to Benjamin and Mac, voices for Toby/Faust and Zeo in the Beyblade: Metal Masters and Metal Fury shows, for showing up, being really eager to meet the fans and take part into our Beyblade tournament, and signing their characters' Beyblades to give away to the first-place and second-place winners !

It was an absolute pleasure! Loved meeting you and thanks for everything!
(May. 27, 2013  3:04 AM)Toby_Faust Wrote: I just wanted to say how AWESOME it was being at the tournament. You guys are all amazing and I absolutely LOVED watching you play.

It was great meeting all of you and I really hope to be invited and to attend any other events that you guys hold.

Thank you so much for coming! It was an honour meeting you! Hope to see you at another tournament soon!
Congrats to all the winners! I had an awesome time! Too bad that I couldn't stay till the end. I feel honoured to be part of this community. Smile
Congratulations to everyone who was able to participate in this historical first North American Championship! It was easily the highest concentration of competitive beybladers that I have seen at any one event. Big congrats to Stormscorpio1 for the win and also to all of the finalists.

It is apparent from this tournament that the zero-g format produces exciting match-ups with many different strategic combos evolving the game.

Great success WBO! You put on an outstanding tournament and have fostered a wonderful community environment.
(May. 26, 2013  2:46 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Nice! I know people came from Maryland, North Carolina, Michigan, Toronto, and Montreal. Are there any other areas that were represented?

yea, Massachusetts!
Chicagoooooooooooooooooooooo!
Congrats to Ss1, Yuko Ray, and JesseObre for the awesome victories. I'm coming for you Stormscorpio! Have videos of this event been posted on youtube?
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry for not posting earlier; I got home late last night and just haven't had the energy until now to post my thoughts. I'd first like to start by quoting something I wrote in the first post of this tournament thread. I'm not sure if all of you saw it or not, but:

Kei Wrote:Over the years, expanding the Blader population has always been one of the primary goals of the AN tournament; hence it was branded as "BEYBLADE CRUSADE" for the past two years. However, for those of you who have attended the event in the past, you'll know that there has always been a secondary goal behind the event: bringing friends together and the fostering of relationships. This has always been so incredibly meaningful and inspiring because of the wide range of people who attend the event: people who live just a few minutes away, people who live in another province, people who live in a different country, and even people who live on a different continent! And this year, with the qualifiers flying/busing in from across North America, this aspect will only be further emphasized.

And further emphasized it was. To me, "Crusade" implies growth. "Revolution", on the other hand, implies not growth, but progress and change. And it's a type of progress that goes against the flow of what other people and society at large expects. The momentum propelling our crusade over these past five years may have slowed down slightly, but the earnestness with which we all have loved this game, has not. In fact, it is as if we have come full circle over these past five years since Metal Fight Beyblade was launched in August of 2008, and since we hosted our first tournament at ANIME NORTH as Beywiki/World Beyblade Organization. We've traveled through a complete revolution. And with the conclusion of BEYBLADE REVOLUTION, it's clear that we've started another one.

The future for Beyblade beyond the next couple years is still too brilliant for me to see, but what I do know is that the community and relationships we've forged are strong, and that we will only continue to grow together as Bladers and as friends. There will always be something we can learn from each other and about this hobby that we love. This was definitely something that I felt deeply as I met everyone at the tournaments this year.

My thanks go out to not only everybody who came out to play–especially those of you who made the journey from places outside of Ontario–but to every single WBO member who has ever donated to us or played in one of our tournaments around the world. It is all thanks to you guys that this was even possible in the first place. It was truly awesome to finally make the "North American Championship" dream a reality.

(May. 26, 2013  12:36 AM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, unfortunately the two people for whom the trip would have been really worth it, Flutterpants11 from California, and Barreto from Puerto Rico, could not come for two completely different reasons. We would have really liked to see them at BEYBLADE REVOLUTION as well, especially since they both represented regions that otherwise had no activity, like the west of North America, but hopefully we could postpone that meeting to later.

Yes! I was really disappointed that both of you could not make it. However, please do expect to receive "Qualifier Champion" medals in the mail at some point in the near future!

(May. 26, 2013  1:04 AM)Bobmcdoogal Wrote: I wonder what'll happen next year? Chief 2002 - Hmm ... It is a mystery

Good question!

(May. 26, 2013  2:28 AM)JesseObre Wrote: Congrats to everyone and hope u all had fun

Congratulations to you, Jesse! Are you glad you came now? Haha. I knew you'd do well.

(May. 26, 2013  2:41 AM)LMAO Wrote: What were the prizes for each winner at the end?

Besides the signed Beyblades that Benjamin and Mac, voices for Toby/Faust and Zeo, gave to the 1st and 2nd Place finishers, they received:

1st:
Dark Knight Dragooon LW160BSF Limited Golden Dragon Model x2
Oroyja Reviser T125JB (Blue Version)
L Drago Destroy Gold Armored Ver.
Wing Pegasis S130RB Memorial Ver.
Phantom Orion B: D
BBG-24 Ultimate Synchrom DX Set Attack & Balance Type
WBBA G1/G2/G3 Champion Galaxy Pegasis' (Gold)

2nd:
Dark Knight Dragooon LW160BSF Limited Golden Dragon Model
Oroyja Reviser T125JB (Blue Version)
Fang Leone W105R²F Burning Claw Ver.
BBG-25 Ultimate Synchrom DX Set Defense & Stamina Type
WBBA G1/G2/G3 Champion Galaxy Pegasis' (Silver)

3rd:
Dark Knight Dragooon LW160BSF Limited Golden Dragon Model
Big Bang Pegasis Blue Ver.
WBBA G1/G2/G3 Champion Galaxy Pegasis' (Bronze)

(May. 26, 2013  3:10 AM)Crimson Wrote: Wow!! I had an incredible time, I cannot believe I made it into the finals, but turns out the competition was just too fierce to handle.

Regardless of how it ended, you should definitely be proud of making it to the finals; especially at a tournament as competitive as this one was!

Even though I was disappointed to see JesseObre lose to you, I was happy to see you bounce back after a relatively poor performance at BEYBLADE REVOLUTION: The Insurgents on Friday. Congratulations on the win. Smile

(May. 27, 2013  3:04 AM)Toby_Faust Wrote: I just wanted to say how AWESOME it was being at the tournament. You guys are all amazing and I absolutely LOVED watching you play.

Hey! Seeing you guys show up was a pleasant surprise, to say the least. Thank you for the Beyblades you donated, and for entertaining everybody with your astounding Beyblading prowess. Both of you (and any of your fellow Beyblade voice actors!) are certainly more than welcome to attend any of our future tournaments!

(By the way, don't forget to wear your WBO t-shirt next time YTV interviews you Wink )

(May. 27, 2013  8:04 PM)Bazooka Wrote: Have videos of this event been posted on youtube?

Not many, but dr. leo sent me this one a few hours ago:

I also was able to find these videos from both Friday and Saturday on Youtube:

I have a ton of footage myself that I'll be putting together in some way for BeyChannel, but it will take a little while for me to edit all of it. If anybody else has footage or photos from either BEYBLADE REVOLUTION: The Insurgents or BEYBLADE REVOLUTION, please send it to me! Compress the unedited video/pictures and upload them to a filesharing site like mediafire.com or DropBox and PM me the download link.

Photos!
[Image: dsc03613hs.jpg]

From left to right:
Front: JesseObre, Fang Wolf, Yuko Ray14
Middle: Kai-V, geetster99, Spinster, Pockyx3, Blader Monk
Back: Primus, lord Wolfblade, Dark_Mousy, Blue, stormscorpio1, Arupaeo, Kei

[Image: dsc03615f.jpg]
Front: Toby_Faust

[Image: DSC03611.jpg]

More Photos (Click to View)

Finally, I have to thank everybody who helped to judge and organize at BEYBLADE REVOLUTION: Blue, Blader Monk, JesseObre, Stars, geetster99, lord Wolfblade, Crimson, Pockyx3, Spinster, Bey Brad, Daegor42, Hazel, Uwik, Kai-V, and last, but not least, Arupaeo! Without Arupaeo's commanding voice and familiarity with Challonge, the tournament surely would not have ran nearly as smoothly as it did.
Wow my match is posted. Unhappy I made a bad call i nthat match. I thought he was going left spin.
I saw Bey Brad in like one two picture(s) D: lol. Great to see bladers from such different areas all in one place! And Kei, no one could've said what you just said better. Thanks for putting up all these pictures Kei I appreciate it and so should everyone else. This was an amazing tournament and if another is held I will do anything in order to come!! XD

Glad I could donate a little to help out with this event!
I forgot to mention in my previous post:

Toronto Bladers, our next tournament is taking place at High Park on Sunday, June 9th! Please post in the official thread if you think you'll be able to make it!: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto-...elebration

(May. 28, 2013  1:21 AM)Tri Wrote: I saw Bey Brad in like one picture D: lol. Great to see bladers from such different areas all in one place! And Kei, no one could've said what you just said better. Thanks for putting up all these pictures Kei I appreciate it and so should everyone else. This was an amazing tournament and if another is held I will do anything in order to come!! XD

Glad I could donate a little to help out with this event!

I think there is more than one! He was around for a large portion of both tournaments, but he unfortunately had other commitments during the convention so he wasn't able to stay for the entire tournament on both nights.

Starting saving! Haha.
Wow my hair was in my eye for almost all my photos lol
(May. 28, 2013  1:38 AM)Cryptic Wrote: Where can I purchase a WBO t-shirt?

you had to donate money to the wbo