[Toronto, Ontario, 10/18/15] ZANKYE 100K: Beyblade Burst Tournament & Celebration

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: XpjOsYQ.png]
ZANKYE 100K
Beyblade Burst Tournament & Celebration

Sponsored by Zankye

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18, 12PM
Side Event: 11:30AM + After Tournament
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

BURST FORMAT

In just four short years, Zankye has become one of Youtube's most popular channels for Beyblade. His dedication to producing new content, travelling across the globe to meet fellow Bladers, giving away hundreds of Beyblades to his fans, and affiliating with the WBO has helped to earn him a loyal following that will soon be reaching over 100,000 subscribers around the world!

World Bladers, join us on October 11th at High Park in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to celebrate this impressive milestone with Zankye himself! This will also likely be the first ever ranked Burst Format event, so the competition is sure to be fierce! And the prizes, sponsored by Zankye might just be even better.

Beyblade Burst Prizes: Sponsored by Zankye!
As a part of the celebrations, Zankye has graciously offered to donate several prizes for the winners of the event! Prizes include, but may not be limited to:

Tournament Prizes
  • WBBA Gold Light Launcher
  • WBBA Silver Light Launcher
  • WBBA Bronze Light Launcher
  • B-09 BeyStadium Standard Type x2
  • B-01 DX Starter Valkyrie Wing Accel
  • B-14 Starter Wyvern Armed Massive
  • B-07 Booster Kerbeus Wing Fusion
  • B-16 BeyLauncher
  • BB-28 Storm Pegasus 105RF
  • BB-30 Rock Leone 145WB
  • BB-59 Burn Fireblaze 135MS

In addition to this, there will of course also be Faces, Credits, and BeyPoints available at this event!

Side Event: Beyblade Burst vs. All Generations
There's more than one way to win! In addition to the tournament itself, we will also be hosting a special side event: Beyblade Burst vs. All Generations! How will it work?

1st Stage: vs. ~mystery Blader~ using Old Generations
The first stage of this side event will task Bladers with using a Beyblade Burst customization to defeat a ~mystery Beyblade~ wielded by ~mystery Blader~ from each previous generation of Beyblade: Plastics, HMS, and MFB. If the Blader can defeat all three Beyblades consecutively in single rounds, they move on to the second and final stage.

2nd Stage: vs. Zankye using Beyblade Burst
In the second stage, Bladers will be put up against Zankye wielding a Beyblade Burst customization. If the Blader who makes it this far can defeat Zankye in a best 3/5 BeyBattle, they will win a Beyblade Burst prize!

All battles will take place in the Burst BeyStadium Standard Type.

Side Event Prizes
  • B-03 Starter Ragnaruk Heavy Survive
  • B-11 Launcher Grip
  • B-12 Starter DeathSizer Oval Accel
  • B-16 BeyLauncher
  • BB-43 Lightning L Drago 100HF
  • BB-59 Burn Fireblaze 135MS
  • BB-70 Galaxy Pegasus W105R2F
  • BB-104 Twisted Tempo 145WD x2
  • BB-88 Meteo L Drago LW105LF

Participants Random Giveaway
It doesn't end there! All participants will also be entered into a draw for the following prizes. There will be four winners:
  • B-05 Booster Spriggan Heavy Defence
  • B-06 Booster Ragnaruk Central Accel
  • BB-70 Galaxy Pegasus W105R2F
  • BB-88 Meteo L Drago LW105LF

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here! This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

Blader Passport or Entry Fee Required
As always, to participate in the tournament you must purchase a Blader Passport for $12 CDN, or alternatively, you can pay $6 CDN for a single tournament.

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It is set to launch in July 2015 in Japan. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beywiki article covering it, the Bey News Thread, or the Beyblade General Forum.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the event as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to Zankye on Youtube!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade | [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization | Zankye

Spread the word!
#ZANKYE100K #WBO

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to ZANKYE 100K, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
originalzankye
LMAO
1234beyblade
U wot m8
Bey Brad
Wally.web
Hato
Doginmylense
Voldie
Mitsu
Suntailhawk
Wetsnot
Drysnot
BlasterJoker
BeybladeA135
beybladeO135
Beyonomics

Possible Attendees:
UltimateOrion
DJ ALPHA
BBunleashed101
JesseObre
Classik
pyrus10000
Kijiji blader #1
Kijiji blader #2
DUO URANUS 7
GODJESUS
BAWB18
xleone

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Thanks for everything. We had a Blast.

Part 2 of the Video is here

ZANKYE 100K photo album! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...409&type=1

Uploading our cover photo the latest #toronosquad group photo. Definitely mentioning @[Hato]'s Amaterios win in a separate post as well. Seriously dude, congrats. :D

Also Brad, did you end up finding that Wyvern you were missing?
(Oct. 20, 2015  1:54 AM)Mitsu Wrote: ZANKYE 100K photo album! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...409&type=1

Uploading our cover photo the latest #toronosquad group photo. Definitely mentioning @[Hato]'s Amaterios win in a separate post as well. Seriously dude, congrats. Grin

Also Brad, did you end up finding that Wyvern you were missing?

Heeeey, just checked out the Facebook before checking the WBO :3

Wow, seriously? Thanks Mitsu! Grin Also, seeing the pictures of me really scared surprised me Confused

Also, maybe do a post on how the tournament was and thank Zankye? Wink
(Oct. 19, 2015  2:11 AM)LMAO Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2015  2:09 AM)beybladeO135 Wrote: We had a blast today. Meet lots of strong beybladers and nice people !! What a great event. Can't believe you guys have so much knowledge in Beyblade ! A big thanks to Zankye for the sponsorship Smile

Really hope to see you guys again! Your spirit was contagious haha! Make sure to come out to the event on the 15th of November, it's going to be a Burst one! Smile

Thank you Stupid Would like to play again, hopefully it won't be too cold ?!
Hi everyone! I just started my new job today and I'm a little overwhelmed with work, but you can expect a long post about this tournament from me tomorrow! I'm a newcomer to this community, and wow.. this tournament was one of the most fun and heartwarming experiences I've ever had.
@[1234beyblade] is the kid from the manga with the power launch Tongue_out

[Image: 5957820.jpg]
That's funny, because I just changed my launch and that pic is like exactly how I do it now, lol. Of course in tournaments I would have to do it kneeling, but I practice standing up most of the time (and my stadium is waste high, not on the ground)
Haha, that's awesome! It was really cool finally meeting you Emily (sorry if that's not how you spell your name, i know there are a lot of variations haha), you seemed like a cool person from the videos i saw you in, and i was right haha, I hope to see you in the future, it would be way awesome!
Quote:[Image: YlTcYrQ.jpg]

I love how im just casually drinking my Arizona while you guys take a serious blader photo xD
I had been looking forward to Brad’s visit to Toronto and this tournament for several weeks. I’m so new to the Beyblade world that I didn’t have anything to practice my shooting with yet, but I was becoming more interested in Burst, especially with the new colours that I was seeing in the random boosters! I didn’t think I would enter the tournament, but I really wanted to come out and support everyone.

The day before the tournament, I got sick! I was really nervous about attending, because it was going to be cold out and I didn’t know if I felt well enough to just be there, let alone try playing against the many talented, incredible players in Toronto (you guys are AMAZING). But because the community was so kind to me and my girl friends in August, I knew I had to push through attend the tournament no matter what.

I have to say, it’s incredible the steps this community will take to make its newbies feel welcome. I had decided that I likely wouldn’t enter the tournament, but everyone I spoke to encouraged me to. All of you reiterated, it doesn’t matter how you do. It doesn’t even matter if you have your own stuff to play with. The point is to have fun. Even though I don’t know which Beyblades counter which yet, and I haven’t practiced enough to develop a strong launch, I feel so genuinely supported by all of you. I don’t feel like competitors will laugh at me if I don’t do well. I feel like everyone is so enthusiastic about teaching me new things, and helping me get better.

So I entered. And with the help of Bey Brad and the most incredible coach ever, 1234beyblade (who was generous enough, by the way, to lend me more than one Beyblade and teach me about many awesome combinations), I miraculously came out of my round robin heat 6-0! I still can’t believe it. Winning by fluke or what, I know that it was you guys cheering me on -- for the girl you don’t really know very well -- that brought out such spirit in me when I played my matches. I don’t have much confidence on my own in this game; it’s you guys who give it to me.

…In the semifinals, I got totally smoked. Haha! But I noticed something: nobody I faced gloated when they beat me. Everyone was so friendly, and complimented me on things that I was doing well, making sure that I wouldn’t get discouraged, always shaking my hand after the match.

And when 1234beyblade won the tournament, I was so elated!! He’s really such a talented blader, so humble and dedicated not only to playing hard, but sharing his knowledge with other bladers. Of course I was completely shocked, and so touched when he gave me his first place stadium. I cried (SO EMBARRASSING) but not because I was sad. It was because he’s such a kind and thoughtful mentor, and seriously, I’ve never been part of a community like this before: where people who have only just met me would do such selfless things to make me feel included. 1234beyblade was even so humble when I asked him to sign the stadium that he gave me!

And when he suggested, “you should get everyone to sign it!” how could I say no to such a great idea? All of you come together to make the WBO so special, and I’m glad that this stadium will always be my memory of how you made this an exciting, and exceptional tournament not only for me, but for everyone who played.

Thanks so much to Zankye and family for sponsoring this awesome day! Thank you Kei, for organizing a great tournament, And of course, thank you Brad, for bringing me into this community and showing me how supportive and fun and online community has the potential to be. Brad gave me my first red string launcher yesterday, as well as the pink Valkyrie that I love so much! Finally, I have everything I need to start practicing at home.

[Image: tumblr_nwjw7nBFAB1r3rvqno2_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nwjw7nBFAB1r3rvqno1_1280.jpg]
Its these type of posts that keep me motivated on the WBO.It was really nice meeting you and hanging out! Your really cool! Hope to see at more tournaments

Brad, How come you haven't brought her to one of the tournaments sooner!
She was actually at Bursts Onto the Scene Toronto as well!

Thanks so much for the kind words, cadney. It means the world to me that my best friend can start playing and have such a great time immediately. Thanks for taking the leap of faith and coming with me!
(Oct. 21, 2015  5:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: She was actually at Bursts Onto the Scene Toronto as well!

Thanks so much for the kind words, cadney. It means the world to me that my best friend can start playing and have such a great time immediately. Thanks for taking the leap of faith and coming with me!
Oh well that backfired quick xD

Thanks to you as well Brad! Your my new inspiration. Thanks for creating the WBO. If theres one person you remind me of its Papa Smurf, minus being blue as well as being five inches xD
High praise indeed.
This tournament was a lot of fun and was well organized. The fact that there is consistency with the players who are topping is a great sign. Members like @[1234beyblade] are needed to consistently set the benchmark and define a great player. Similar to a professional sport, this gives others something to strive for and work towards.

(Oct. 19, 2015  4:41 AM)Kei Wrote: @[Beyonomics] for agreeing with me that it's ridiculous that MLB ballparks have different dimensions across the league

It is actually crazy the differences in dimensions. Take a look at the photo below.
Just to stay on topic and relate it to beyblade lol, I would imagine you could probably do something very similar with the stadiumsTongue_out
@[cadney], I'm very happy you enjoyed the tournament! It was actually my main goal to get first and give you that stadium as soon as Brad mentioned you buying the Starter Dash Set haha, good thing I managed to get into a situation where getting first or second would make me fulfill my goal! It was really the least I could do for a new member that's just so kind and cool, I will totally help out more if you come to future events (doesn't matter if it's burst or not, i'm sure I can give you good combos and launchers for you to have a good chance of winning in any situation DJ - Yeah! ).

I'm glad you're enjoying the stadium and your new beyblades, once you get more beyblades you can practice with Carley and Lani to become the best bladers in Toronto! I know you guys can do it!

P.S. my signature is so horrible XD *shrug*
@[1234beyblade] AH you're so kind!! I still can't believe you were trying to win it for me. I'm having so much fun with it already! I need to get Carley and Lani to come over and practice at my house with the stadium. I was wondering, do you guys ever have casual practice hangout sessions in non-tournament situations? I think that could be a really fun way to learn from one another about different combos, shooting technique, stuff like that.

I'm looking forward to being coached by you again! Actually, I think I'll be coming on Hallowe'en to the tournament with Lani. I really want to learn more about non-Burst blading.

I love your smaller team signature! So cute.
(Oct. 30, 2015  1:25 AM)cadney Wrote: I was wondering, do you guys ever have casual practice hangout sessions in non-tournament situations? I think that could be a really fun way to learn from one another about different combos, shooting technique, stuff like that.

Can't say we usually do. Unless you count pre-tournament free battling as a "practice hangout session", that is. Haha. Since we usually have tournaments every two weeks or so except for the winter, it might be a bit hard to find the time to do something like that without burning everyone out too much. But we can certainly consider it in the future! Especially once Burst is launched internationally, and there's even more people who are attracted to the game for the first time. The best time for them would be as an 'official' side event attached to a regular tournament though, I think.
Sorry for the delay, but here's the results spreadsheet from this event!: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
Nearly 2 months down the line, but guys, I had so much fun at this tourney. I really want to get back into Beyblade. Burst is so much better than I expected it to be. Thanks to everyone who tipped me off to this!