Toronto Beyblade Burst Tournament Report: WELCOME TO A&C GAMES III

[Image: eQrRTg2.png]

TORONTO BEYBLADE BURST TOURNAMENT REPORT
February 18, 2017 at A&C Games in Toronto, Ontario Canada • BURST FORMAT
OFFICIAL EVENT PAGERESULTS SPREADSHEET

-

[Image: 29awGea.jpg]

I don't have as much time to write a full, in-depth report as I did last time, so for this report it is going to be more visual than anything. I'd really encourage other hosts to do this kind of thing for their events too; even if you don't have time to write a big report, having all of the media from a tournament compiled for this kind of "visual report" to share with the community is still great. It brings us all closer, I think.

Huge thanks to JesseObre, Mitsu, and cadney for providing their video and pictures to go along with mine!

You can find the list of winning combinations, and some thoughts on the tournament itself at the bottom of this post.

Video by Kei:
Check out this video of the final battle between Mitsu and cadney for 3rd place that we posted on our Instagram!

Watch Video

Video by JesseObre:
Also please note, he only gave me one point for my burst against his D2 in our finals battle, so the final score was actually 5-3 haha.

Photos by Kei:

[Image: qhiiDuK.jpg]

[Image: AFKsgOs.jpg]

[Image: FRwYuAr.jpg]

[Image: KVg1xGA.jpg]

[Image: 8vpQriB.jpg]

[Image: q8XqXlP.jpg]

[Image: DBemZBy.jpg]

[Image: uItE61N.jpg]

[Image: Gn0akOq.jpg]

[Image: xmMBpJY.jpg]

[Image: 8G9A4vE.jpg]

[Image: tfkUQm3.jpg]

[Image: zQzP5Ep.jpg]

[Image: LW4Ymor.jpg]

[Image: bKGVi5s.jpg]

[Image: Qj7ZmyV.jpg]

[Image: sKMdvUM.jpg]

[Image: 1N1nkRp.jpg]

[Image: F2lmMmC.jpg]

[Image: VQJIxRb.jpg]

[Image: n3cTPl7.jpg]

[Image: SYQXjYs.jpg]

[Image: M0hfbeZ.jpg]

[Image: yUyrkxv.jpg]

[Image: Ql7sbol.jpg]

[Image: Uj82xGh.jpg]

[Image: NwIzoTJ.jpg]

[Image: Yg8pt58.jpg]

[Image: 9xA4zk7.jpg]

Photos by cadney:

[Image: Q8Ocmje.jpg]

[Image: h83T9Nv.jpg]

[Image: CodURZL.jpg]

[Image: QwiZniC.jpg]

[Image: fjX8RS4.jpg]

[Image: YR3sEMu.jpg]

[Image: zKVHzHG.jpg]

[Image: 5ld4pHS.jpg]

Winning Combinations

1st: JesseObre
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Heavy Defense
Minoboros Knuckle Zephyr
Valkyrie Knuckle Trans (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: 1234beyblade
Neptune Heavy Revolve
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Victory Valkyrie Triple Zephyr (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: cadney
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Lost Longinus Spread Xtreme
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Accel (Deck Format Finals Only)
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense (Deck Format Finals Only)

Final Thoughts
Don't have too much to say because my head is still spinning a bit, as it always has been lately after our tournaments. There definitely is a problem in terms of Attack's potency in Beyblade Burst, but without fail this has continued to be mitigated by the Deck Format finals (and even then, in this tournament specifically there was still a decent amount of Attack usage in the first stage), largely because of the 2-point Bursts and KOs.

The first stage of our events is still great in its own way–don't get me wrong–but the Burst metagame is even more complex and interesting right now despite the relative dominance of Stamina/Defense because of Deck Format, in my mind. There's so many Attack types that are observably more powerful in certain match-ups than others, which makes the selection decisions for your deck in the finals that much more difficult and interesting (not to mention the choices that have to be made when considering that parts cannot be repeated at all).

A couple other interesting notes were the return of Neptune, and the continued introduction of Hasbro Beyblade Burst into our metagame due to the influx of new players we've seen over the past couple events. 1234beyblade and I had talked after WELCOME TO A&C GAMES II basically about how everybody had been sleeping on Neptune for a long time in Toronto. Neptune fell out of favour last year when D2 overtook it as the Beyblade of choice for Stamina/Defense, but in reality, Neptune might be the safest overall choice against a lot of opponents (especially newer players) due to that strong first tooth it has; it doesn't seem to burst randomly against things like D2 has a tendency to sometimes (pyrus10000 almost lost with D2 against Unicrest via Burst Finishes during this tournament!), and it can also OS Deathscyther Revolve on occasion (especially if unbalanced). Interestingly though, 1234beyblade did point out that it has a harder time against Deathscyther Defense, and JesseObre used this to his advantage in the Deck Format finals.

In terms of the Hasbro Beyblade Burst presence in this event, there was a lot of Victory Valtryek combos (mostly stock, I think), but none of them found much success. Unicrest had some success against D2 somehow as I mentioned above, however it wasn't able to win ultimately. If I remember correctly, I do believe that OldSchool™'s Odin Revolve lost to Zerro's Hasbro Kerbeus, which was amazing haha. jameschaos was able to defeat pyrus10000's Deathscyther Revolve with Valtryek Defense 3-2 though, which was not too surprising.

And that's it for this report! Looking forward to WELCOME TO A&C GAMES IV in a couple weeks.

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions about this event, please feel free to post below!

More Toronto Beyblade Tournament Reports
If you enjoyed this report, then you may also enjoy some of my other Toronto Beyblade Burst tournament reports:
Finally! At least 2-3 Pictures of ME!!! =-O
And a surprisingly short cameo of me in the 4th video! I did not know hat I was being filmed! Please add me in more photos Kei!
(Feb. 27, 2017  4:41 AM)Tempest546 Wrote: And a surprisingly short cameo of me in the 4th video! I did not know hat I was being filmed! Please add me in more photos Kei!

Haha, I'll try next time. Smile
Do you get to see some Driger Combos? If yes, how do they perform?@[Kei]
Defense on Valkyrie... How did this perform? @[cadney]
I didn't win any rounds with it, but it was meant as a counter to Deathscyther, which it didn't get a chance to come up against in any of my rounds!
(Feb. 27, 2017  5:18 PM)Ninja Blader Wrote: Do you get to see some Driger Combos? If yes, how do they perform?@[Kei]

Nope. That picture of Driger is just a moment I caught 1234beyblade holding his for some reason haha. It hasn't seen much use in Toronto up until this point. I don't think it's bad though; just haven't found the time to properly test it and try to find a competitively viable use for it.

(Feb. 27, 2017  5:41 PM)cadney Wrote: I didn't win any rounds with it, but it was meant as a counter to Deathscyther, which it didn't get a chance to come up against in any of my rounds!

Oh? In that case I will remove it from the winning combinations list. The only combos that should be included are those that won a match in the first stage or at least one round in Deck Format.

That being said, it is indeed a good counter to Deathscyther, Ninja Blader.