The implicit danger in the Burst anime.

(Nov. 07, 2020  2:59 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Not sure if it happened in the anime, but in the manga there was a Shu vs Ren Wu Sun match where Regulus just skimmed Ren Wu Sun's face and gave him a major cut (with blood).

Wait for real?
when lane got blown away in ep 33 he could've broke his back or bash his head.
(Nov. 07, 2020  3:03 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: when lane got blown away in ep 33 he could've broke his back or bash his head.

Seen that before
(Nov. 06, 2020  2:56 AM)EarthHelios Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2020  2:55 AM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Phi getting a new Phoenix is really dangerous

I agree

EarthHelios, are you a fan of helios l drago or dranzer? (i am not criticizing you dont worry everyone has their opinion)
(they are all good and I was also confused of my fav bladers but now, in overall, here is my top 5
0 harry
1 Shu
2 Kai
3Ryuga
4 Valt
5 Drum)
(Nov. 07, 2020  3:43 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2020  2:56 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: I agree

EarthHelios, are you a fan of helios l drago or dranzer? (i am not criticizing you dont worry everyone has their opinion)
(they are all good and I was also confused of my fav bladers but now, in overall, here is my top 5
0 harry
1 Shu
2 Kai
3Ryuga
4 Valt)

I like every blader lol.
(Nov. 07, 2020  3:00 AM)EarthHelios Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2020  2:59 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Not sure if it happened in the anime, but in the manga there was a Shu vs Ren Wu Sun match where Regulus just skimmed Ren Wu Sun's face and gave him a major cut (with blood).

Wait for real?

Yup
I still cant get over how Wakiya is the reason Valt found out about Shu’s disappearance and the Snake Pit (edit: if Wakiya didnt exist or traveled as well, oh whelp, no Season 2 plot). Or how these kids have automatic explorer abilities and made it through the wilderness safely (because realistically, there could have been at least one accident or tough thing they went through)
Wow, these are kinda tame compared to MFB. Gingka literally fought people who could: freeze him, catch him on fire, turn him to stone, steal all of his energy, drowned him, destroy mountains (which means they could easily kill him), slice him to small pieces, bring him to ACTUAL HELL, destroy the entire world with the power of a spiral core meltdown, create giant explosions, create giant fire dragons that could destroy the entire tower of babel (and much more), and actually destroy and reset the entire universe. Not to meantion the situations: like they could have gotten lost forever on mist mountain, kyoya could have easily died in wolf canyon, yuki could have died durring the tag team tournament when they were super up high battling, yuki almost fell off, when they were getting ryuga in metal fury, they had to fight an active volcano that was raining down giant boulders and lava on them, they almost died when fighting nemesis and the temple crashed down. Heck, a character did actually die in the series. Burst kinda sauceless
(Nov. 07, 2020  11:40 PM)bladekid Wrote: Wow, these are kinda tame compared to MFB.  Gingka literally fought people who could: freeze him, catch him on fire,  turn him to stone, steal all of his energy, drowned him, destroy mountains (which means they could easily kill him), slice him to small pieces, bring him to ACTUAL HELL, destroy the entire world with the power of a spiral core meltdown, create giant explosions, create giant fire dragons that could destroy the entire tower of babel (and much more), and actually destroy and reset the entire universe. Not to meantion the situations: like they could have gotten lost forever on mist mountain, kyoya could have easily died in wolf canyon,  yuki could have died durring the tag team tournament when they were super up high battling, yuki almost fell off, when they were getting ryuga in metal fury, they had to fight an active volcano that was raining down giant boulders and lava on them, they almost died when fighting nemesis and the temple crashed down. Heck, a character did actually die in the series. Burst kinda sauceless

Yeah no carp, thats why its more surprising when it happens in Burst. Thats the whole point of this thread.
(Nov. 06, 2020  2:51 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Phi would destroy the world in his hands for all we know

No because we have Harry to protecc it
(Nov. 07, 2020  11:51 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2020  11:40 PM)bladekid Wrote: Wow, these are kinda tame compared to MFB.  Gingka literally fought people who could: freeze him, catch him on fire,  turn him to stone, steal all of his energy, drowned him, destroy mountains (which means they could easily kill him), slice him to small pieces, bring him to ACTUAL HELL, destroy the entire world with the power of a spiral core meltdown, create giant explosions, create giant fire dragons that could destroy the entire tower of babel (and much more), and actually destroy and reset the entire universe. Not to meantion the situations: like they could have gotten lost forever on mist mountain, kyoya could have easily died in wolf canyon,  yuki could have died durring the tag team tournament when they were super up high battling, yuki almost fell off, when they were getting ryuga in metal fury, they had to fight an active volcano that was raining down giant boulders and lava on them, they almost died when fighting nemesis and the temple crashed down. Heck, a character did actually die in the series. Burst kinda sauceless

Yeah no carp, thats why its more surprising when it happens in Burst. Thats the whole point of this thread.
It shouldn't be. I'm personally not a fan of burst because it has no stakes. Even when valt looses important matches, it's never a problems.
(Nov. 08, 2020  3:34 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2020  11:51 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Yeah no carp, thats why its more surprising when it happens in Burst. Thats the whole point of this thread.
It shouldn't be. I'm personally not a fan of burst because it has no stakes. Even when valt looses important matches, it's never a problems.

It has stakes. They arent death or world ending levels, but it has stakes. WBBA vs Inferno decided which faction would control the blading world forever. If Valt didn't defeat Shu in the Evolution finale, Shu would forever remain Red Eye. Phi would go on breaking beys if Aiger didn't defeat them. Valt vs Lui is a title match, nuff said. Valt had dedicated the entire season to beating Shu in the district tournament finals, and Shu was blading even with an injury. Hours of blood sweat and tears went into it (okay not blood but you get the point). Just because Valt didn't burn in hell while battling Lain doesn't mean the match had no stakes at all. Its the FINALS. The entire tournament has been leading up to this.

You're bassically saying because Metal Saga had a darker tone, Burst should also have it. God forbid being uniqur. Here's the ideal way Valt vs Lain should play out imo.

Lain attacks first, breaking a blade of Valtryek. The beyblade hit Valt in the face, sending him into a daze. Then, Satan called out to Lain, telling him to go even further beyond. Then, Lain goes insane, and Lucius litterally drags Valt down to Hell. But Valt and Valtryek power up, slicing through the hell fire and inflicting a blow on Lucius, but Valt comes out with a broken arm. With each attack Lain magically gains more and more cuts on his arms. Lain finally snaps and Lucius takes over his body. It surround the stadium in dark flames and Valtryek is getting roasted, with Valt feeling the pain. Then the 2 planes of existence merge, Valt now being side by side with Valtryek. He rushes through and blows back the flames, sacrifices another arm. In a final attack, Valt and Valtryek unleash all their power. However after getting anime flashbacks, Lain powers up even more. Thoughts of beating Shu fills his mind, and Valt is just another worthless obstacles. Lucius flies in the air and bashes the stadium, with the roof of it falling on Valt and Valtryek. Valtryek is broken and Valt is crippled. However, Lain has achieved a flare that goes past simple strength or skill. An Unholy flare.

Ok jokes aside, you get my point.
(Nov. 08, 2020  3:54 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2020  3:34 AM)bladekid Wrote: It shouldn't be. I'm personally not a fan of burst because it has no stakes. Even when valt looses important matches, it's never a problems.

It has stakes. They arent death or world ending levels, but it has stakes. WBBA vs Inferno decided which faction would control the blading world forever. If Valt didn't defeat Shu in the Evolution finale, Shu would forever remain Red Eye. Phi would go on breaking beys if Aiger didn't defeat them. Valt vs Lui is a title match, nuff said. Valt had dedicated the entire season to beating Shu in the district tournament finals, and Shu was blading even with an injury. Hours of blood sweat and tears went into it (okay not blood but you get the point). Just because Valt didn't burn in hell while battling Lain doesn't mean the match had no stakes at all. Its the FINALS. The entire tournament has been leading up to this.

You're bassically saying because Metal Saga had a darker tone, Burst should also have it. God forbid being uniqur. Here's the ideal way Valt vs Lain should play out imo.

Lain attacks first, breaking a blade of Valtryek. The beyblade hit Valt in the face, sending him into a daze. Then, Satan called out to Lain, telling him to go even further beyond. Then, Lain goes insane, and Lucius litterally drags Valt down to Hell. But Valt and Valtryek power up, slicing through the hell fire and inflicting a blow on Lucius, but Valt comes out with a broken arm. With each attack Lain magically gains more and more cuts on his arms. Lain finally snaps and Lucius takes over his body. It surround the stadium in dark flames and Valtryek is getting roasted, with Valt feeling the pain. Then the 2 planes of existence merge, Valt now being side by side with Valtryek. He rushes through and blows back the flames, sacrifices another arm. In a final attack, Valt and Valtryek unleash all their power. However after getting anime flashbacks, Lain powers up even more. Thoughts of beating Shu fills his mind, and Valt is just another worthless obstacles. Lucius flies in the air and bashes the stadium, with the roof of it falling on Valt and Valtryek. Valtryek is broken and Valt is crippled. However, Lain has achieved a flare that goes past simple strength or skill. An Unholy flare.

I'm not saying it has to be darker, I'm just saying it has to be less mudane. The battles are lame and the characters don't feel powerful. This would be mitigated if the world was had more stakes and beyblade had more of an impact.
(Nov. 08, 2020  4:34 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2020  3:54 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: It has stakes. They arent death or world ending levels, but it has stakes. WBBA vs Inferno decided which faction would control the blading world forever. If Valt didn't defeat Shu in the Evolution finale, Shu would forever remain Red Eye. Phi would go on breaking beys if Aiger didn't defeat them. Valt vs Lui is a title match, nuff said. Valt had dedicated the entire season to beating Shu in the district tournament finals, and Shu was blading even with an injury. Hours of blood sweat and tears went into it (okay not blood but you get the point). Just because Valt didn't burn in hell while battling Lain doesn't mean the match had no stakes at all. Its the FINALS. The entire tournament has been leading up to this.

I'm not saying it has to be darker, I'm just saying it has to be less mudane. The battles are lame and the characters don't feel powerful. This would be mitigated if the world was had more stakes and beyblade had more of an impact.

The battles aren’t lame, they just don’t have the same stakes. The characters very obviously feel powerful though. Phi broke Fafnir and Spryzen, that doesn’t feel powerful? Also, Beyblade has a big impact on the world, it’s the main sport everyone plays lol.

but there is an explanation (no, its not that they want a more kid friendly beyblade series)
its that they have harry to protecc them, that is why except for shu there and boa working as a slave have not that much causalities just situations
Harry is saving everyone

(Nov. 08, 2020  3:54 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2020  3:34 AM)bladekid Wrote: It shouldn't be. I'm personally not a fan of burst because it has no stakes. Even when valt looses important matches, it's never a problems.

why does it have to have a character breaking or hurting the arm while fighting ?
first season: Shu
second season: Shu
third season: (idk)
4 season : (idk)
5th season: Ranjiro
5 season (if written by fans) : everyone except for harry
(Nov. 08, 2020  2:31 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2020  4:34 AM)bladekid Wrote: I'm not saying it has to be darker, I'm just saying it has to be less mudane. The battles are lame and the characters don't feel powerful. This would be mitigated if the world was had more stakes and beyblade had more of an impact.

The battles aren’t lame, they just don’t have the same stakes. The characters very obviously feel powerful though. Phi broke Fafnir and Spryzen, that doesn’t feel powerful? Also, Beyblade has a big impact on the world, it’s the main sport everyone plays lol.
Watch the battles lol, in mfb they are clearly more powerful. In burst the battles are so short, but compare that to mfb where they are much longer. It feels like the blader controls the bey in mfb whereas in burst it’s just two beys clashing and then one (or both) do a cutscene and win.
Im pretty sure its because Burst is more mundane than the previous series. The setting for Burst — unlike Metal Fight and as an another example, original Yu-gi-oh! (will be explained later on) — seems to normal world for the most part, minus dark events and some supernatural stuff. Metal Fight has more of a mythical atmosphere to it, examples being Moses from the past using Beyblade to part the ocean, and Yu-gi-oh! where the card game originated from ancient Egypt. Burst doesnt connect much to the bleak past, nor have much of a mythical vibe to it. It only seems boring because of modern atmosphere and realistic vibes
(Nov. 08, 2020  10:46 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2020  2:31 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: The battles aren’t lame, they just don’t have the same stakes. The characters very obviously feel powerful though. Phi broke Fafnir and Spryzen, that doesn’t feel powerful? Also, Beyblade has a big impact on the world, it’s the main sport everyone plays lol.
Watch the battles lol, in mfb they are clearly more powerful. In burst the battles are so short, but compare that to mfb where they are much longer. It feels like the blader controls the bey in mfb whereas in burst it’s just two beys clashing and then one (or both) do a cutscene and win.

Ngl, the whole destroy the world thing was cool, but cliche. Burst's realism does make it more enjoyable for me other than, ok, mans got the most unfair advantage with a bey gifted to him by the cosmos. Just kidding. MFB was cool in the whole fantasy aspect, but Burst is cool in the realistic aspect. Both have their ups and downs. MFB focused on more raw power, while Burst seems to focus more on technique, blah, blah, blah.

MFB just had an overall darker tone than Burst did. Comparing them won't get anyone anywhere.
(Nov. 07, 2020  11:58 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2020  2:51 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Phi would destroy the world in his hands for all we know

No because we have Harry to protecc it

He protecc

He attacc

...but most importantly

He savior of the wrld.
(Nov. 08, 2020  2:31 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: The battles aren’t lame, they just don’t have the same stakes. The characters very obviously feel powerful though. Phi broke Fafnir and Spryzen, that doesn’t feel powerful? Also, Beyblade has a big impact on the world, it’s the main sport everyone plays lol.

Yes MFB characters are powerful, but I'm talking about within the context of Burst. Within that context, there are clearly characters with very high power levels. Idk what battles you've been watching but its very, VERY clear (they go out of their way to point this out multiple times) the blader and bey and fighting in sync.

you really compare a supernatural series to a series that was made to be more normal?  obviously the supernatural is going to be dangerous , dark and have characters who are op that's why it's supernatural . burst is supposed to reflect real life setting it's supposed to be more realistic you don't see 11 years old kids running around to make lion gale force wall or starblast attack have the power to destroyed mountains . beyblade has reapeted the whole beys are supernatural nonsense twice it was time to do something fresh something different and that's burst it was never meant to be like the original or metal saga, they needed to attract new audience new faces . like these series in their own universe characters are strong or for some op and bladers use more tactics instead of almost always rely on super powers to win.  you guys should stop doing the let me compare burst with metal saga or originals series cause their entirely different.
Burst being mostly normal with a tinge of danger — in my own opinion — makes up a lot of the “thats messed up and scary” aspect. Beyblade Metal Fight and the original being full of danger and action implies that its quite normal in their universe. So normal that I think I probably wont be surprised after craters being made or mountains exploding later on. Burst — a realistic and seemingly normal world — having dangers like getting crushed to death and kids going missing is pretty creepy in its own right, because it just makes me wonder why kids are even subjected to danger like this. In the modern world where adults are now expected to promote safety, no less
(Nov. 09, 2020  12:13 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2020  10:46 PM)bladekid Wrote: Watch the battles lol, in mfb they are clearly more powerful. In burst the battles are so short, but compare that to mfb where they are much longer. It feels like the blader controls the bey in mfb whereas in burst it’s just two beys clashing and then one (or both) do a cutscene and win.

you really compare a supernatural series to a series that was made to be more normal?  obviously the supernatural is going to be dangerous , dark and have characters who are op that's why it's supernatural . burst is supposed to reflect real life setting it's supposed to be more realistic you don't see 11 years old kids running around to make lion gale force wall or starblast attack have the power to destroyed mountains . beyblade has reapeted the whole beys are supernatural nonsense twice it was time to do something fresh something different and that's burst it was never meant to be like the original or metal saga to attract new audience new faces . like these series in their own universe characters are strong or for some op and bladers use more tactics instead of almost always rely on super powers to win.  you guys should stop doing the let me compare burst with metal saga or originals series cause their entirely different.

Burst is nowhere near to realistic just saying. The power scaling is just lower
Compared to MFB Burst is as real as it gets. IRL obviously not.
(Nov. 09, 2020  12:13 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2020  10:46 PM)bladekid Wrote: Watch the battles lol, in mfb they are clearly more powerful. In burst the battles are so short, but compare that to mfb where they are much longer. It feels like the blader controls the bey in mfb whereas in burst it’s just two beys clashing and then one (or both) do a cutscene and win.

you really compare a supernatural series to a series that was made to be more normal?  obviously the supernatural is going to be dangerous , dark and have characters who are op that's why it's supernatural . burst is supposed to reflect real life setting it's supposed to be more realistic you don't see 11 years old kids running around to make lion gale force wall or starblast attack have the power to destroyed mountains . beyblade has reapeted the whole beys are supernatural nonsense twice it was time to do something fresh something different and that's burst it was never meant to be like the original or metal saga, they needed to attract new audience new faces . like these series in their own universe characters are strong or for some op and bladers use more tactics instead of almost always rely on super powers to win.  you guys should stop doing the let me compare burst with metal saga or originals series cause their entirely different.
You finally figured it out. This was my point, the problem with burst is it is made to be more normal. This makes everything worse.