The Warm Hearts Thread <3

Hi there, this I think will be a good place for people who don't have the money (like me I'll admit, I'm not a high paid person and there's no shame in that) to buy really rare beyblades because of there added value over the years. Basically how I intend this forum to work is like this. If your looking for a rare beyblade ask on here to see if someone has a spare part they could give to you from that bey for free (be fair though and pay the postage for there kindness) and eventually you will build that bey up. And don't worry about the stickers a normal printer shop can re place them for you Smile. This forum might work well with the people who genuinely have a kind heart, as the way we see it its a spare part that's just laying around and someone could really need that to complete there beyblade. And staring at a bey that needs a part is really heart breaking for me if I'm honest. Also when people help you complete a bey, please I'm begging you please tell me so I can add there name to the OP, and remember to thank them. Well I hope this page does well. Thanks
Come on guys, don't be ashamed. Try it out

There's a New rule people, and please, please take this seriously. Please don't give your home address out, instead please go to your local post office (or a local corner store) and ask them if you could use there address and leave them a telephone number they can contact you on. This is a very serious matter due to scammers, so please again for me, please don't give your name, age, address or telephone number to anyone. And please get your WBO. Username on the package instead, that's all. Thanks, L phoenic
I like this idea. I have no need for any more beyblades, and since I'm only eleven (can't legally work) and don't have an allowance I can't donate money, but I love this idea, and I will support it in any way possible. I suggest that you capitalize the title to get people's attention, so that it looks like this:

The Warm Hearts Thread

You should also put a link to this page in your signature.
(May. 13, 2012  6:40 PM)Fakirs Duck Wrote: I like this idea. I have no need for any more beyblades, and since I'm only eleven (can't legally work) and don't have an allowance I can't donate money, but I love this idea, and I will support it in any way possible. I suggest that you capitalize the title to get people's attention, so that it looks like this:

The Warm Hearts Thread

You should also put a link to this page in your signature.

Thank you so much duck Grin. No no there's no need for a donation Smile, all you do is ask to see if someone has something your needing on this thread, and if they do, they give you it for free (how ever you must respect that you can't take advantage of them, as a kind person is hard to come by nowadays) and you cover the postage and packaging for them Smile. Thanks I'll go up date the title now, and again Thankyou so much for posting on here. Guys, I believe we just just found our first true good warm heart Grin, please congratulate her.
This isn't a bad idea for a thread, but I can imagine this thread being better off in the "Bey Marketplace" area.
i love this Thread your are so kind L phoenic i will help support if you whant
(May. 13, 2012  9:46 PM)Manaphy12342 Wrote: This isn't a bad idea for a thread, but I can imagine this thread being better off in the "Bey Marketplace" area.

Thanks :'D. The only problem is I haven't discovered a way yet to identify the real deservers, and the people who'd take advantage of a thread like this :s. If anyone has any ideas on that please post it here, thanks againro everyone Smile. Alex A.K.A L phoenic
(May. 13, 2012  10:03 PM)galaxy blade Wrote: i love this Thread your are so kind L phoenic i will help support if you whant

Hey amigo Grin, sure if there's anything you could add to here or promote it, that would be perfect. Thanks pal
That is a huge problem L phoenic and it doesn't get any easier. I've lent out parts at tournaments, some afterwards I realized I shouldn't have and some I'm glad I did. I've also given away launchers to kids who just have hasbro rip cords and being the giver is far greater than the receiver but there are many people who are scam artist. I will continue to help kids at my tournaments out though.
Yes, there are a lot of scam artists. Also, isn't it dangerously to give someone your address? The person could have scammed you for your personal information. Aren't there security problems with giving away parts?
Aha! That's what I forgot to add Gasp, my god I'm so stupid. That's the missing part from the OP. guys there's a new rule which will be added to the OP now. Under no and I mean no circumstances do you give out your address!. What I recommend you do is get the address of your nearest post office, and have it sent there. Damn I knew I forgot to add something.
(May. 13, 2012  11:50 PM)Yukio Wrote: Yes, there are a lot of scam artists. Also, isn't it dangerously to give someone your address? The person could have scammed you for your personal information. Aren't there security problems with giving away parts?

Hi again Yukio, please fill me in on the security reason, we may have just hit our first speed bump here. Thanks for all the info and help though, its greatly appreciated Grin
(May. 13, 2012  11:31 PM)Klaus Wrote: That is a huge problem L phoenic and it doesn't get any easier. I've lent out parts at tournaments, some afterwards I realized I shouldn't have and some I'm glad I did. I've also given away launchers to kids who just have hasbro rip cords and being the giver is far greater than the receiver but there are many people who are scam artist. I will continue to help kids at my tournaments out though.

Hey Klaus Grin. Yeah I've done the same thing, sometimes when you try helping you really see the evilness in this world, its not right is it. Yes, that's true words Klaus, its better to give something expecting nothing in return than purposely giving something away just to see what you get in return. I'm currently trying my best to find my old collection as I made a promise to a good friend that I'd sort him out with a dragoon s, a dragoon ms and msuv. Thanks for all the support guys GrinD
L phoenic, that's where i think we should just act locally or have an inner circle of people that we trust, like maybe the tournament hosts. I'm from Michigan but say somebody going to a tournament in Texas needs something and they just cant, I'd send it to the tournament host, then they could hand it off to the blader.

I'm still not comfortable sending across country or world... there are some pretty good story writers on here lol. I'm going to take care of my tournaments like I said but this might work for your idea.

It's a great idea but if we just all pay it forward locally it will go global, I think I saw that in a movie or something...
(May. 14, 2012  12:25 AM)Klaus Wrote: L phoenic, that's where i think we should just act locally or have an inner circle of people that we trust, like maybe the tournament hosts. I'm from Michigan but say somebody going to a tournament in Texas needs something and they just cant, I'd send it to the tournament host, then they could hand it off to the blader.

I'm still not comfortable sending across country or world... there are some pretty good story writers on here lol. I'm going to take care of my tournaments like I said but this might work for your idea.

It's a great idea but if we just all pay it forward locally it will go global, I think I saw that in a movie or something...

I want to see that movie Grin lol. Yeah that's a brilliant idea, that really is. Yeah so say I operate in Scotland (which sadly isn't that crazy on beyblade Unhappy...) You (if you wanted to) could operate in Michigan, and then all we need now is some other loyal people we could trust. Then this idea will finally see light Grin. Thanks again Klaus your a genius! And I think everyone knows now I only speak from the heart lol. Also do you think this thread should only include MFB?. My original idea was for all generations to be included, and also for some people to finally complete there collection. Please give me your thoughts on this.
I think it should consist mainly of needs. i see kids come to tournaments with their galaxy pegasus and counter leone and that's all they have to battle with, those kids have needs. Plastics and HMS beys are mainly wants. Yes it's nice, but maybe just on Christmas Eve for them lol. You get what I'm saying?
Yeah I see now, yes that's a serious matter those kids don't stand a chance against most bladers do they, and that makes an unfair tournament both for seasoned bladers and beginners. Haha I see where your coming from. Take what you need, and not what you want. Hmm I'm glad for your opinions Klaus, as you can see most people won't entertain the idea, hmm who do you suggest we ask to be the host of the items?. I still like the idea though of kids (and grown ups alike) owning there dream beyblade, even if it is used. My dream beyblade is dranzer GT. but sadly after paying more than £170 for one, my parents lost it which put me off blading Uncertain
I don't think we have "Host of items" hopefully we'll get new bladers posting on here that they'll be in an upcoming tournament. Usually they'll post somewhere either on their profile or list parts they have in the build me a combo so we can truely see they are in need. Then we contact the host of the tournament they'll be attending, and send the bey (or parts) to them when the time comes.
That's what I meant sorry, erhem yes tournament hosts will hold the items till they arrive and then they can use them. Yep I agree, we should both keep our eyes peeled towards the new tournament(s) and the build me a combo threads as they'll truly house the needy and not the greedy, also we need in place a "tracker" which will help us determine if parts go missing from the tournaments like getting them to confirm on here (or elsewhere) that they will be attending and using the part(s). My original idea was for kids to keep the parts, how ever if we get them returned (to the host) then we could essentially help out more kids that way and operate more fun tournaments, also come to think about it are there any "permanent" tournament hosts?
No I think they should be gifts to the kids. Unfortunately they'll get them at the tournament so they wont be able to practice with them for that one. But then they can keep them and train for the next event or whatever just to have fun with. It gets them to attend an event which is a big plus for the WBO and then they get something they need. So it's a big win all around.
I think this is a good iidea and I would like to help out with this
Thank god they get to keep them Grin, your one of the warm heart's Klaus. I would really prefer if they kept them to, but as I invited you to becoma a partner in this, I would have respected your choices, but gladly were both thinking on the same level here which is amazing if you ask me Smile. How ever please pm me to discuss this further, and also the biggest shock for me is almost everything you said was an idea I also had for another thread, that's why I want to keep this one as a specific thread for what's in the OP. But we need to talk on pm. Thanks again Klaus, I've never met someone who thinks like me before its really nice Smile
Actually, I think that I'll see what people would want more, the original thread or the idea we came up with. I see our idea being more useful though to the community than my solo idea if I'm honest.
Sorry for being the party pooper here guys, but essentially, this is just a a begging thread, gift-wrapped, and sugar coated with a Hallmark card.

If you want to give beys to others out of generosity, great! At that point though, you wouldn't need any recognition for it to 'warm you heart' would you. People do good deeds out of sincerity, if they are doing it for recognition, then it's for the wrong reasons.

If this thread turns into and is filled with spam-begging-for-parts-filled posts, it will be closed down.
So, this is kind of like a charity thing?

Anyways, I don't think there will be much to discuss.. but we'll see. As Klaus said, this should be for younger kids, because well .. adults can afford beyblade's obviously (Probably)..

EDIT: Wouldn't there be jealousy as well? With one giving it to another, and one questioning: "Why didn't you give it to me?!" etc.
i thought WBO made monthly giveaway for this reason..and Lotto as well..
That is why if you didn't notice I said I will not send anybody anything but will still help kids out at my tournaments. Crazy thing bout the internet usually the biggest beggars are the ones with the most.
Klaus has successfully given reasons on here that the thread is to help kids at tournaments, and not as I had originally intended as that would have been abused by idiots. If you want to know more then please, either pm my self or Klaus. Thanks
Instead of letting kids keep the peices,I think you should only let kids borrow the beyblades/peices for the duration of the tournament.That way,you can re-use the beyblades and have the peice of mind knowing that the kid is not breaking the beyblade/or was just lying about the fact that he didn't have one. Seriously though,sending beyblades through mail is not easy/efficient.
(May. 14, 2012  10:56 PM)Psylent Wrote: Instead of letting kids keep the peices,I think you should only let kids borrow the beyblades/peices for the duration of the tournament.That way,you can re-use the beyblades and have the peice of mind knowing that the kid is not breaking the beyblade/or was just lying about the fact that he didn't have one. Seriously though,sending beyblades through mail is not easy/efficient.

Well, I think we're giving parts away to children who don't have them so that they can build beys and use them whenever they'd like! Only having them for the duration of the tournament would be kinda stinky! It's true that sending parts through the mail is not easy, but all things worth doing take effort! Tongue_out_wink