The Walking Dead

Noticed a lacking of any thread existing devoted to The Walking Dead and a show as awesome and detailed as this unquestionably deserves its own thread. The place to discuss any questions about the show, react to plot twists, and other things.
Ex posts:
Good: My heart broke when Dale died.
Bad Response: mine too.
Good Response: I moped for others, but I was more shocked by Shane's

New Episodes: February 10th

THIS THREAD DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS, if people can use the spoiler brackets it is appreciated, but sometimes people forget and they are not to blame. Also, in this thread a spoiler is a literal spoiler, if you click one expecting just to see more detail it is your fault.
Probably one of my favorite shows. One of my friends bought me the game on Steam for my birthday Grin

Honestly, I was sort of happy when Lori died. She was kind of a sleaze-bag lol. I mostly feel bad for Carl though. Poor boy had to watch his mother give birth then shoot her in the head.

Poor baby Judith too, they have to go raid old daycares for formula.

After Lori died though, Rick went ham, started killing off zombies like he was a mad man.
I actually started watching it during its current hiatus, but I'm all caught up! For someone who's terrified of all things zombie related, I've been watching a lot of zombie related things. It's just so... great! It's become one of my favorite shows at the moment.

I spoiled myself a little reading this thread, but it's okay. I don't mind. I finished season 1 yesterday and it was pretty good. Shane, and Daryl are my favorite characters at the moment. Good show so far, I'm probably going to start season 2 today.
I'm glad I had time to see this thread.

I am a HUGE fan of the walking dead. I am someone who is not of fan of seeing body parts, as I failed Science once when we did a section on the Human body and refused to participate looking at a heart.

Anyway, My favorite character would have to be Carl. I'm just so amazed by how someone so young could withstand that. I would have s breakdown and probably lock myself in a closet.
(Feb. 02, 2013  4:09 PM)Anchor Wrote: I spoiled myself a little reading this thread, but it's okay. I don't mind. I finished season 1 yesterday and it was pretty good. Shane, and Daryl are my favorite characters at the moment. Good show so far, I'm probably going to start season 2 today.

Whoops, sorry there, dude! I'll make sure to put spoiler tags next time.

Anyways, yep Protocol, I agree. I'm not a fan of gratuitous gore or violence, but I feel like this is different. It doesn't have blood everywhere just for the sake of having it (just look at all the video games out right now. Talk about bloody).
The Walking Dead was meant to be different. I read an article about the guy who wrote the walking dead, saying that it was more to show how people can change in serious situations. Which is portrayed in people like Shane(most obvious in my opinion), Lori, and Rick.

I can't quite remember where I read it, but that part stuck out. It was on the Internet though, and you can't trust everything you read on the internet. (Unfortunately)
The Walking Dead is one of the best shows of this time. I started watching it from the very first episode and i fell in love with it ever sence.
I've watched a bit of the walking dead, it looked OK I guess. But I prefer comedy, or doctor who or something.
Although a few of my mates highly recommend it. Grin
Do I need to spoiler tag everything here? If so:

Really hope Daryl doesn't die. Coolest guy there. Was an carp just like Merle at the beginning, but then started caring for the group and is now one of the most useful members (if only he'd get rid of that cool, but loud carp motorcycle...). Dunno what the Governor has in store for him and Merle. He know's Merle lied to him, but he could still want him as an inside guy to get more out of Daryl...
From what the commercial for the upcoming episode shows it looks like Andrea tries to get to the prison and talk with the group and what do you mean by your comments about oscar and tyreese
(Feb. 03, 2013  12:45 PM)KoD PT Wrote: Do I need to spoiler tag everything here? If so:

Now I haven't read the comics, but like you said, I sort of spoiled myself online. To be honest, I don't think he's gonna have as much of a role as he did in the comics. I mean, Daryl's pretty much got his place, both as Rick's right hand man and a lot of other reasons. I just wonder what they're going to do with him at this point.
I'm predicting he and Merle aren't killed right there like the chanting at the end suggested.
(Feb. 03, 2013  9:05 PM)Time Wrote:

Tonight.
Love the show. One of the only shows I like the main character! I'm still waiting for the 3rd season to be on Netflix, but I think I just utterly spoiled it for myself. Oh well. I've never been a fan of Carl, and I was glad to hear when Lori died. But enough about that. I was upset when Dale died, he was one of my favorites. And for the Daryl dying theories, even someone behind can tell you this: They won't get rid of fan favorites. That's why Carl, Andrea, etc. Are still alive.
Oh I love this show a lot. I've barlely started watching 10 episodes, and it's great so far. I'm loving it.
(Feb. 16, 2013  2:20 AM)Pony Wrote: Love the show. One of the only shows I like the main character! I'm still waiting for the 3rd season to be on Netflix, but I think I just utterly spoiled it for myself. Oh well. I've never been a fan of Carl, and I was glad to hear when Lori died. But enough about that. I was upset when Dale died, he was one of my favorites. And for the Daryl dying theories, even someone behind can tell you this: They won't get rid of fan favorites. That's why Carl, Andrea, etc. Are still alive.

I totally agree. Ricky's my favorite character, too. Seeing how he still has his humanity left (at least in Season 1 and 2! 3? He's just going through rough times, trust issues, all that jazz) while still getting the job done. It's refreshing, especially when Shane was around.
I wish Shane didn't die. ;( He was my favorite character up until his death, now Daryl, and Glenn are. I'm not a big fan of Rick like many people are, I dont know why. I just don't really like him. Carl is alright, I give him props for being so young and surviving a zombie apocalypse, and Im glad Lori is dead, lol. I never liked her in the first place.
I hate Shane sooo bad plus he is such a lier my favorite character is Gleen and Karl but the show is so nice its like cod Zombies XD
Have to disagree with you about that considering it is much more about the people living in the world than the zombies, it wouldn't be such a great show if it was all about the zombies...

(Mar. 02, 2013  1:59 AM)Time Wrote: Have to disagree with you about that considering it is much more about the people living in the world than the zombies, it wouldn't be such a great show if it was all about the zombies...

She's attached to him. Seeing things from her point of view (at least until now), he's her friend or more. And it's not the easiest thing to kill someone who's actually alive; I don't think she has in the show yet.
I can't believe Morgan is back! And haha, I think he's going to beat up the governor.
Did you watch the whole thing? It really looked like they weren't going to see him again