The Walking Dead

No, I didn't get to watch the whole thing, I was a bit on and off in the episode. :p Oh, and I miss T-Dog! He was probably my favourite character.
(Mar. 06, 2013  1:47 AM)Time Wrote: Did you watch the whole thing? It really looked like they weren't going to see him again

I don't know, I have a strooooong feeling that they will. Besides Axel, who was the last person to die? Refresh my memory.
I love how a few years ago I was told that we couldn't have a thread on south park because it was inappropriate since we have young members and now we've got one on a violent zombie series. Oh how times have changed. Anyway this is a cool series. I'm gonna start watching series 3 soon.
Ultra waiting for netflix?
Nah I just haven't got around to watching it. I could watch it now if I wanted.
I'm just waiting on Netflix. I don't really like watching online, or anything so yeah. I might get Seasons 1 and 2 on Blu- ray for my birthday though.
The real question is: Who reads the comic? What's great is that the stories, while similar, are different enough that you can enjoy both the comic and the show without too much in the way of spoilers.
Didn't expect them to go back to Morgan now, was starting to wonder if he'd ever show up again. Too bad about Duane, that really messed Morgan up.
Seems unlikely for now, but he might still show up in the future to reunite with Rick.
Is there going to be a new episode tomorrow?
Yes, tonight at 9
My friend recently had me watch several episodes from all of the seasons, and I don't understand the fascination of this. Seriously, to me it's just another zombie series. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something. Can somebody please explain? And please, don't say, "Cause Walking Dead's boss" or "you don't have a soul" or anything like that. Just please explain to me why this is so damn popular...
It IS just another zombie show, and the episodes are very bland. Can you guys guess what the producers were saying?
"Let's base a show off of a popular graphic novel." "Ooh, and let's overhype it to the point where if you don't watch it, you'll be socialy unacceptable." "I love it! Should we also add an ongoing plot with no goal in any way?" "Now which graphic novel?"

Sorry if you guys like it, this is just my opinion.
Okay, I'll explain. First of all, let me tell you that I am not really a fan of most Zombie-esque things in media, mainly because of how it's treated. Firstly, just look at how the violence is so glorified. Look at half, if not all (I'm taking Dead Island out of the mix) of the zombie video games you've seen. Pretty much it's just shoot, shoot, shoot, and kill, kill, kill, which is pretty boring and repetitive. The Walking Dead isn't like that. The violence, for the most part, isn't gratuitous, which is great! I'm not a fan of unnecessary violence. Also, another thing I absolutely LOVE is great character development. Ahh yes, character development. And wow, does this show have great (and realistic!) character development. Third, and probably the main reason I love this show so much, is that isn't just focused on zombies, but on people as well. People help each other, people fight each other, which is realistic. I mean, when have humans been known to be very kind to each other, especially in a world where laws are no longer in place and society has crumbled. It's nice, and probably my favorite part of anything apocalypse related. The motto itself explains the whole premise, "Fight the dead. Fear the living." Zombies aren't the only thing you worry about in this world.

And Akio, what do you mean there is no plot? Their goal is to survive, wherever that takes them. What other goal could they have? Save the world? Anything else than the given would be unrealistic; this isn't Resident Evil.

I have more to say, but I think I've already made this too long. I hope you guys can give the show another chance, who knows, maybe you'll end up liking it Smile

Also, I have a terrible fear of zombies.
(Mar. 31, 2013  5:11 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Okay, I'll explain. First of all, let me tell you that I am not really a fan of most Zombie-esque things in media, mainly because of how it's treated. Firstly, just look at how the violence is so glorified. Look at half, if not all (I'm taking Dead Island out of the mix) of the zombie video games you've seen. Pretty much it's just shoot, shoot, shoot, and kill, kill, kill, which is pretty boring and repetitive. The Walking Dead isn't like that. The violence, for the most part, isn't gratuitous, which is great! I'm not a fan of unnecessary violence. Also, another thing I absolutely LOVE is great character development. Ahh yes, character development. And wow, does this show have great (and realistic!) character development. Third, and probably the main reason I love this show so much, is that isn't just focused on zombies, but on people as well. People help each other, people fight each other, which is realistic. I mean, when have humans been known to be very kind to each other, especially in a world where laws are no longer in place and society has crumbled. It's nice, and probably my favorite part of anything apocalypse related. The motto itself explains the whole premise, "Fight the dead. Fear the living." Zombies aren't the only thing you worry about in this world.

And Akio, what do you mean there is no plot? Their goal is to survive, wherever that takes them. What other goal could they have? Save the world? Anything else than the given would be unrealistic; this isn't Resident Evil.

I have more to say, but I think I've already made this too long. I hope you guys can give the show another chance, who knows, maybe you'll end up liking it Smile

Also, I have a terrible fear of zombies.

Well, that makes a lot of sense, but just like Minecraft, this is gonna be something I will never enjoy... :\
(Mar. 31, 2013  3:04 PM)Akio314 Wrote: It IS just another zombie show, and the episodes are very bland. Can you guys guess what the producers were saying?
"Let's base a show off of a popular graphic novel." "Ooh, and let's overhype it to the point where if you don't watch it, you'll be socialy unacceptable." "I love it! Should we also add an ongoing plot with no goal in any way?" "Now which graphic novel?"

Sorry if you guys like it, this is just my opinion.
1) So what if it was based off of a comic? Most shows and movies are like that these days.
2) Producers don't "overhype" shows. The people that watch them do.
3) The main plot is to survive. The thing that makes this show so interesting is that there are so many plot twists, which shows that TWD isn't just some zombie show; it has many different characteristics that make it it's own.

This is also just my opinion, but I honestly believe that if you haven't watched the majority of a season of this show, then you don't know what you're talking about.
What noodoosoup and tech said and I think what needs to be understood is that it isn't about the zombies, its about the people and the interconnected relationships that will probably eventually develop between everyone that is left and about dealing with having to "put down" people you care about
I played Telltale's game (Chapters 1-4, haven't had time to play 5 yet) and fell in love with the series. My girlfriend has the first two books on her eReader, so I'm considering asking to borrow it and indulge myself more in the series. I had actually found the first seven issues or so online a while ago, so I know a bit of the story already.
I'm liking the third season so far. I've looked ahead a bit so I know a few of the surprises that are coming but not all of them.
Thought they'd wrap up the prison/governor arc this season, but seems it'll carry over to the next. Was expecting an all out war.

Carl's getting real cold and harsh, kinda like Shane. I guess the Ricktatorship caught up a bit to well with him, even though Rick himself realized he couldn't be like that anymore and live with it. Definitely going to be something for Rick to work on next season with Carl.

Don't click the following unless you wanna be spoiled big time about an event in the comics:

Man, I'm sorry. I just meant that I'm not a fan of the show. The show's a little over hyped. This might be the only Zombie show that actually has character development. Zombie media in general is sort of slow and boring, so I guess this show is okay compared to other zombie stuff. I really didn't mean to rag on your show or say anything too negative.
(Apr. 07, 2013  11:32 AM)KoD PT Wrote: Thought they'd wrap up the prison/governor arc this season, but seems it'll carry over to the next. Was expecting an all out war.

Carl's getting real cold and harsh, kinda like Shane. I guess the Ricktatorship caught up a bit to well with him, even though Rick himself realized he couldn't be like that anymore and live with it. Definitely going to be something for Rick to work on next season with Carl.

Don't click the following unless you wanna be spoiled big time about an event in the comics:

Yeah, I don't like the direction Carl's going in. I mean, yeah, he has a point, but still... On another hand, I'm glad Rick has given up the dictatorship. I really liked his character in S1/S2, so I'm glad he's going back to his ways (while still maintaining his character development).
I'm going to have to hop on the bandwagon and say that Carl's headed down the wrong path. The guy (who, by the way, was played by one of my friend's friends) was clearly putting down his gun, and while Carl did bring up great points about Dale, Lori, and Merle, I didn't see the kid doing much harm, if any at all. Hopefully they'll expand upon what he's becoming in Season 4.

Well, that was a really good finale. *bandwagon* Carl went way too far. He's turning into a Governor-influenced kind of guy, "He shot at us, so I shot at him" even though he thought they were zombies and was putting his gun down. I was thinking before Carl shot him, "Ooh, a new character, I'd like to see how this turns out" *BANG* "Never mind."