The Official WBO Writing Tournament Thread-Next Tournament Announced!

How spaced out will the rounds be Sparta? I have camp next week...
I'm in camp all this week. How long do we have to do the story.
I'm in NZ right now so I kinda need the info now.Unhappy
10th july is such a long time.
Don't worry, Meteo. I'm starting the tourney today. In fact, I'm writing your names as we speak!

You will have ample time to complete your chapter. 2 weeks at minimum.
If you have 36 people, that means you're doing my guess is 4-6 rounds in this tournament. If you do 2 weeks for each, this will take AT LEAST 2 months to complete, and then you have to figure in time for voting so now you're up to like, 3 months...do you really want that?
so Sparta. how will we know where our thread/battle is?

PS hope to see you in the finals or another moderately far stage in the contest
Is it too late to join if not then I am in!
Whose up first!? plz not me plz not me plz not me, um about the thread thing wen its sombodys turn r u goin to put the link up here?
Frankly I need to know the rounds as today's the last day of my internet.
good luck everyone (you'll need it to beat me XD) just kidding im not that good. oh and sparta...
are you gonna judge the stories or what
Ok, my mom kicked me off of the computer for all of yesterday, saying I was being a 'lazy bum' and I was 'wasting my life on that stupid WBO thing' (I guess that's what parents do). In any case, I'm back to clear up some more confusion and to deliver news:

1. I will NOT be judging. To win, you must receive 5 votes from any non-competitior who votes. Note that 8 would have been better, but we have a ton of people participating.

2. I will post the rounds later today, because of technical difficulties with the brackets.

3. Each battle will have its' on thread. It may litter the your creations thread, but if it was on one thread the OP would be 8 pages long.

4. Instead of PMing your entries to me, you will post them on your battle thread and I will put them in the OP. I don't want 36 PM's staring me down the barrel.

Now for the news:

1. I have drawn all of your names out of a hat and have chosen the battles. I just need to put you all onto a bracket.

2. Due to the high number of participants, I have decided there will be 2 brackets. The winners of each bracket will face off to determine the winner.

Hopefully, we can finish this thing by late july, early august. I will post the brackets and battles ASAP.
Sorry if this has been answered, but will it be one on one battles? Or will it be 4 for all or 6 for all, I'm kind of confused
(Jul. 06, 2011  4:36 PM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: Sorry if this has been answered, but will it be one on one battles? Or will it be 4 for all or 6 for all, I'm kind of confused
I was thinking one on one, but having more people in one battle would really speed this up...

Nah, I think I'll just stick with 1 on 1.

By the way, I know who you're up against >: )
I sure feel sorry for that guy Wink, jk
Not for nothing, but wouldn't having us post our own stories allow for bias in votes? Especially as the first to 5 votes will just lead to popularity contests.

(Jul. 06, 2011  8:02 PM)To Wrote: Not for nothing, but wouldn't having us post our own stories allow for bias in votes? Especially as the first to 5 votes will just lead to popularity contests.

That's true; letting the audience see who posted what story COULD allow for bias voting. Ok, fine. PM me your entry.

Almost done with the brackets Joyful_2
I"m so ready for this, can't wait
Please tell me who I'm up against! I can't wait any longer!
I'm in it to win it! Sparta, you better not get in my way. You're goin' down!
I sorta dont understand like do we just make the thread now? Or do we just wait untill u call us up or somthing?
We wait for him to finish the brackets, draw the scenarios, and no, he makes the threads I believe. PS:I hope you clean up your grammar for the tournament.
(Jul. 07, 2011  12:20 AM)@wesome Wrote: I sorta don't understand. Like, do we just make the thread now? Or do we just wait until you call us up or something?

...Did you read anything at all? This was explained twice in the last two pages, and everyone who decided to make a thread before now has gotten chewed out. Are you really still confused? No, you wait until the battles start! Oh, and fixed.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Titan Blader...
im in sparta
READ THE OP. Or better, the freaking title! If you were gonna join, it's too late now. Geez, does anyone read anymore?