The Official WBO Writing Tournament Thread-Next Tournament Announced!

(Jul. 03, 2011  10:37 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Score! 8)

Will love to see how wacky these stories get when I return... or intense, who knows?
Probably the former XD
(Jul. 03, 2011  11:12 PM)@wesome Wrote: Do we hav to PM u the story or just put it here or wat?
PM me your entry when the thread for your battle is created.
(Jul. 04, 2011  12:25 AM)Meteo LDrago Wrote: The tournament is already started?
Um...no Chocked_2
The recent changes to the tournament look pretty interesting. I really think that this will turn out to be great!

Just one thing that I noticed. You should add the font, size, and margin size that the writing needs to be for the page length when typing in word or whatever program the person chooses. A page with size 7 Helvetica font and .5 inch margins would be a lot different than a page with size 12 Times New Roman font and 1 inch margins.
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:43 AM)SwiftShadow Wrote: The recent changes to the tournament look pretty interesting. I really think that this will turn out to be great!

Just one thing that I noticed. You should add the font, size, and margin size that the writing needs to be for the page length when typing in word or whatever program the person chooses. A page with size 7 Helvetica font and .5 inch margins would be a lot different than a page with size 12 Times New Roman font and 1 inch margins.

True. I'll make it simple: size twelve times new roman, single spacing, and .5 inch margins.
So it has to be about Beyblade? Hrm... Not really feelin' this. It could turn out VERY repetitive. And again, some people have already done theirs, so it's not really fair. (Ultimate Kjcp already admitted to it.) I was actually looking forward to seeing what the members could do if the stories had NOTHING to do with beyblade.
(Jul. 04, 2011  6:16 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: So it has to be about Beyblade? Hrm... Not really feelin' this. It could turn out VERY repetitive. And again, some people have already done theirs, so it's not really fair. (Ultimate Kjcp already admitted to it.) I was actually looking forward to seeing what the members could do if the stories had NOTHING to do with beyblade.
Who said you have to write as if your story was just another remake of the show? The main character doesn't even have to be a beyblader. For example, if I were to write about my 8 years of Beyblading, I could start from the time my mother sent me to a psych ward when I was 14. It was right after the world championships and all I wanted to do was play with my Beyblades. To be in a world other than my own for a brief moment. I could look back on my victories and how hard I forgot, using the examples of determination from my blader spirit to keep me going through hard times.

Another would be to write from a parent's perspective. You know, making your kids happy, teaching them about winning, losing, and sharing, etc.

I even saw one story that had the beyblades turn into people and gave them personalities. Now that's interesting! Using that, you can even turn life into an analogy for Beyblade.

KCPJ doesn't know the page to page theme so he just wrote a story for nothing.
Didn't think of it that way. Well, I feel stupid now. Okay, I get it now.
It's just being creative I guess. It depends on a way a writer chooses to look at the story line.
its today y'all should be scared
You sound VERY conceited. Quit it with the "Y'all should be scared", especially if you're gonna forget commas in sentences like that. It's just SPAM.
What's today? The end of signups are the 10th...
(Jul. 02, 2011  5:27 PM)Sparta Wrote: Ok, due to the explosive amount of participants, I've changed the end sign up date to the 4th of July. Sign up fast!
He really should change the thread title to reflect that.
What about the Big Mac Burger beyblade in Beywiki,if they can do that it should be ok to relate it to hot dogs and hamburgers,happy 4th of July everybody,may the best writer win

My story is written about beyblades though
What about people who don't celebrate the 4th? Then it would just be another day to them, right? Again, the story would be useless. The theme WILL change between rounds, so the story wouldn't work very well, and you'll be eliminated early. Thus, it's not a good idea (Or legal) to pre-write a story.
Geez,ok then,you guys are right,I'll just write a different story then.
Just don't write until the start of the competition. Uncertain This is exactly like Beyblade. You launch on shoot. No earlier, no later. When Sparta says shoot, you shoot.
I can't wait! When is it starting and how long do we have to write each story. For most of the day I will be away and I'll be home at about 6pm.(Irish Time)
(Jul. 04, 2011  7:15 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Just don't write until the start of the competition. Uncertain This is exactly like Beyblade. You launch on shoot. No earlier, no later. When Sparta says shoot, you shoot.

This post is the epitome of WIN! Maybe this should be in the OP, so people know not to pre-write. (Though it should be obvious...)
WAIT AN HOUR!! u mean we hav to right our own thread on it?... oh carp
Sorry guys, too busy celebrating a holiday today to start the tourney. I will shuffle names and make the threads tomorrow.

Allow me to clear up some confusion:
1. I'll make the threads, so don't wory about it.

2. I couldn't have said it better, deikailo. We'll start on shoot XD.

3. I will post the first topic to write about tomorrow. That way, no one will be able to write anyways.
I would like to enter if I still can.

Thanks in advance.
Okay, so I'm joining this.
Along with my dear friend who doesn't want their identity known. Our prose will be different and I'll make sure who is who when posting for them.
Added you both to the list. Tomorrow I'll stop taking participants, shuffle the names, and make a few of the first round battles. Good luck to all!
I wasn't going to participate in this because I was worried that I wouldn't have the time between school, work and all of the other crazyness I have going on, but I'd really like to, if it's at all possible. I know I'm jumping in here at the last second so if it's too much trouble to enter me now then don't worry about it.

It sounds like a fun, creative diversion from the other things I have going on.

EDIT: Just realized that it looks like everything written has to be Beyblade related? Considering I have no clue what's going on with the game anymore, it's probably not a good idea for me to enter this contest if that's the case... haha
Okay if I am aloud to join this still I am in. (If I don't forget about it)