The Hockey thread of CBC dying with this finals match up

The Hawks seem schizophrenic. Beat the Red Wings, then lose to the Oilers (again). Though with the long NHL season, I guess it's to be expected for some odd games. On that note: I miss rooting for the Oilers. It seems that they've come back to Earth.
I love hockey I play it watch it and I want to join the NHL.
Shut up I love the redwings,oilers suck I bet it will be redwings vs rangers and wings are going to win
Henrik zetterbery is my favorite player I know more about hockey so I am good with predictions I can name all the teams don't push my buttons
Been a hockey fan all my life. Grew up watching the NY Islanders and NY Rangers as a kid. But now I hate the Rangers with a passion! See the evidence Huge Devils fan. Make about 20-25 games a year. Tough times last few years. Hey Marty, I love ya and all but you can't lead the league in games played, GAA, S% and wins @ 40 bro.....

To, you crack me up! You're a typical Philly fan. Be proud! LOL Our teams were some good rivalries back in the day ('95 and '00). I hate the Rangers, but respect the Flyers. We lose Parise so he can go home or play in MI. They'll be no more cups in the Garden State anytime soon. Fire Bobby Clarke? Or are you guys happy with him these day??

Let's go Devils!!!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBelSAQYBRDT5IVqhi3gp...O1Ue9xrbSS]
Can't really fire Clarke, he's in the board of directors and to be honest with you I'm not sure what we'd do. Our problem was always goal tending so we grabbed a goal tender only to have him produce sub .900% levels...
Vince McMahon should look at getting Shea Webber a WWE placement for Summer Slam or something.

Also :lol at Edmonton getting #1 overall three years in a row.
(Apr. 12, 2012  8:21 PM)To Wrote: Vince McMahon should look at getting Shea Webber a WWE placement for Summer Slam or something.

I'm shocked that he didn't get suspended.
$2500 fine is a joke. What's Shanny doing?

Anyways Fleury's going to have nightmares of Claude Giroux and Couturier for the rest of his career. GG Pengus
Fleury got killed, its like luongo is gonna wake up with nightmares of chelsea dagger playing over and over and over and over again Grin GO HAWKS! Tough loss to coyotes, but they will bounce back.
Neal and Asham should be suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. The Penguins should be fined extensively. What they put on display today wasn't hockey, but something the WWE would like. But given what Shanny gave Weber, and this is the NHL's golden child I doubt they'll get more than a slap.

Soon the Pengus will be gooning it up on the golf greens.
(Apr. 15, 2012  11:21 PM)To Wrote: Neal and Asham should be suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. The Penguins should be fined extensively. What they put on display today wasn't hockey, but something the WWE would like. But given what Shanny gave Weber, and this is the NHL's golden child I doubt they'll get more than a slap.

Soon the Pengus will be gooning it up on the golf greens.
It was nonstop fighting from them, on multiple replays they came from behind and would just tackle/hair pull/ and push, then continue punching the guy on the ground, Crosby should have been ejected from the game, every 5 minutes was another fight or a penguins cheap shot.

Besides that, who saw the hawks? I was like holding on to my pillow! they didnt play well at times but pulled it together when it mattered. The refs almost cost the hawks the game. They gave Shaw a 5 min penalty for charging, he did not charge! Clean check on the goalie! BS there. coyotes scored on that penalty, then in the first period when the goalie pushed johnathon toews, they gave him interference when the goalie pushed HIM, coyotes scored on that penalty to. poor performance by the refs for sure.

If Chicago scores in the last minute of the game again tonight ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I've actually been really surprised with how tightly contested this series has been so far. It seems like every game is simply coming down to something like a deflection, a bad bounce, or a questionable call (or a 6-on-5 Unhappy).
(Apr. 17, 2012  7:19 PM)Kei Wrote: If Chicago scores in the last minute of the game again tonight ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I've actually been really surprised with how tightly contested this series has been so far. It seems like every game is simply coming down to something like a deflection, a bad bounce, or a questionable call (or a 6-on-5 Unhappy).

GO HAWKS! The first round of the playoffs has had a lot more action then normal...
I believe the sun cats will vanquish the evil devils.
(Apr. 18, 2012  3:53 AM)To Wrote: I believe the sun cats will vanquish the evil devils.

if your talking about the dirty carp coyotes.... you and your dirty players can GTFO...
Coyotes =/ cats

I was talking about the Panthers, lol.
(Apr. 18, 2012  4:00 AM)To Wrote: Coyotes =/ cats

I was talking about the Panthers, lol.

ahh, lol.
James Neal got suspended one game, and Aaron Asham got 4. Now Shanny and crew are going to have to deal with Torres. Jeeze man, this has been a violent first round of the playoffs.
The dreaded Bobrovsky Breezy tandem brings us to a game 5. great going guys.
The Penguins might just be the best NHL team of the last 40 years.
I'm surprised the Wings went out so early. That was a major shock. And it seems like the Hawks can make their series interesting, given the lack of non-OT games. The playoffs have been promising. (Hopefully, we won't have an all-OT Stanley Cup Championships. Or maybe we should. Anyone up for a heart attack?)
Phoenix was horrible last game ... how many powerplays did Stalberg give them? 4 or 5? And they couldn't even score one goal? The almost complete lack of emotion and urgency in that game was depressing, especially considering they were playing on home ice.

Hopefully they can shape up for game six and close out the series.
Ouch. A 4-0 loss was painful, especially Crawford being overwhelmed in the third. My only issue was the fact that, while PHX's goalkeeping was amazing, the Hawks got off more than enough shots in the first and second periods to win. Once the game became a frantic free-for-all, the series was over. Without Hossa to pace the game, and Shaw not being in rhythm with the other players, the Hawks were unorganized. And softer than a 7-Eleven employee. Mike Smith did a damn good job, though.

At this point, I'm pulling for the Blues and the Kings. I like the underdog teams, and the fact that the Blues have been out of the playoffs for a while is pretty cool. A nice feel-good story for the Blues, no?
These are trying times losing to Brodeur again... The Flyers must stay strong and eliminate the most boring team in the league!
One more win and the Coyotes are off to the Western Conference Finals! Wow. I feel like if they make it past Nashville, they've got a decent chance at besting the Kings in the next round (assuming they continue rolling and defeat St. Louis, that is).

Also, sometimes I can't get over how creative Ray Whitney is with the puck. He makes plays out of nothing! And the battle between Doan and Gill is entertaining as well, ahaha.
Im from Finland!
Hockey is very good sport, i wish Finland would win this year too Smile