The Hockey thread of CBC dying with this finals match up

C'mon, Detroit! Join the Lions in suckdom! It's fun!
sure is a good thing I haven't been watching any international hockey lately
Pens are the best to be honest, sad that they didn't win the winter classic =[[[ But we'll win the stanley cup so its all good.
Gah! The BlackHawks are putting themselves in a horrible place to even attempt a playoff run. Everyone's got their number now... But, when you win a championship, you get 5 years to cruise.
(Jan. 06, 2011  11:09 PM)iBslick Wrote: Pens are the best to be honest, sad that they didn't win the winter classic =[[[ But we'll win the stanley cup so its all good.

I won't comment on the Pens and their power, or lack there of. But I will say this, this year is the first year I haven't watched the Classic. They couldn't have choosen a more boring matchup than the overplayed Crosby and Ovie show.

(Jan. 07, 2011  12:48 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Gah! The BlackHawks are putting themselves in a horrible place to even attempt a playoff run. Everyone's got their number now... But, when you win a championship, you get 5 years to cruise.

Everyone doesn't have their number, the team is just a shell of the one that won last season.
Sad. Plus, everyone is hyping up their game against the Flyers, when everyone knows the outcome.
[Image: x2vGF.png]

[Image: feelsgood.jpg]

Nice to clinch the division, but would've rather had the conference.

I'm not too sure on the potential of these Flyers hoisting the cup this year, and that kind of frightens me. The team has been really shaky, which explains the recent slide from first place. I just hope we call pull it back together.
I was the best in floor hockey in my school. I played goalie from mid field. I want to learn to skate that way I can play with people who are actually a challenge.
I'm guessing that that was it for the 'Hawks. The Canucks are too much for the poor Stanley Cup champs to take right off the Playoffs bat.
To! playoff time once again, here we go! Since Toronto is once again not in the playoffs, I've decided to cheer for Boston and Philadelphia (sorry!) to LOSE because both teams traded their first rounders to the leafs aha.

Although I just can't see the flyers losing this series. Even without pronger, they should still win.

My stanley cup winner prediction, even though its a little late, is: The San Jose Sharks. I think they have been under the radar going into the playoffs and I have a feeling Vancouver will choke.
Phoenix is gonna win the cup before they ... move back to Winnipeg.

Sad forever (if it happens). Unhappy
Good solid 2 games for the Flyers. I'd argue both games were dominated by the Flyers (puck possession supports this), but good on Buffalo to keep it close.

I'd be willing to say Boucher starts Game 3. Shades of last year I guess.

Ok so I know that my fav team, the NY Islanders, suck and all, but did you all here the rumor? People are trying to move the islanders away from LI! When i heard that, i could only think to myself, "Wow, that makes sense. move a terrible team away from what little fans they have to a new location somewhere west where they are still a terrible team but have no fans what so ever. I mean, come on, are you trying to **** up Nassua County's economy, b/c realestate wise, it is bad enough already"
Welp the Flyers will probably be eliminated today.

See you all next year.
[Image: xrPHW.png]

EVEN WITH OUR PLAYSTATION MOVE HEROES (BOUCHER IS UNLOCKABLE) WE FORCE A GAME 7
Tonight I shall shave in honor of a new series. Woot woot Flyers.
Woohoo Flyers! d(Joyful_3)b
Unhappy I am crying right now. The Hawks.... have lost. I officially hate the Canucks. Oh well, we did have a great season, and Crawford had a jaw breaking 28 saves while Luongo only have 23. I'm just so sad Unhappy

I hope though that somehow the Canucks don't finish in the Semi-Finals...

Anyways, even though I've had hard relation with the Flyers last year, I wish them luck now. They beat Buffalo 5-2... nice.
Hehehe. The first pro hockey team in Portland, Oregon, was the Portland Rosebuds. Along with first in Oregon, they were fist in all of the USA ^^

I've always wanted to go to a Winterhawks game. One year a game was on my birthday, would of been an awesome present to go.
I'm happy Vancouver won.

One less thing Chicago can take from us. They clearly were not a team of destiny ™.
(Apr. 27, 2011  6:25 AM)To Wrote: I'm happy Vancouver won.

One less thing Chicago can take from us. They clearly were not a team of destiny ™.
Not this year, and we would of taken it if it weren't for those meddling Canucks.

Anyways I hope Vancouver can take it, or (are the Red Wings still in? If they are then them too)
My favorite team is the Philadelphia Flyers. I live right over the border in Delaware, so it's obvious I like the Flyers. I can't stand the Penguins, Bruins (who they're playing now), or those dirty Cup stealing Blackhawks. Yo, To, do you think they can do it?
Dang! The stinkin' Flyers got blown out at home to the Bruins in Game 1! I hate the B's!!!
Eh, it's only Game 1. The defense didn't show up today, but they will show up.

As for our chances for a Stanley Cup this year? I'd say unlikely. It really falls down to our goal tending and honestly it's just not up to snuff despite the rest of the team being better than that.