The Hockey thread of CBC dying with this finals match up

(May. 17, 2010  1:00 PM)To Wrote: Habs got rocked, but it's only Game 1 in Philadelphia no less, so I'm not planning the Stanley Cup birth yet.

I was very happy with this game lol. However, montreal will definitely not go out easily. I have a feeling they will bounce back quite quickly...
Word on the street is that Laperriere and Carter will return sometime in this series.

I loled at the post game inteviews with Montreal's coach, and some of their players, comparing the way the Flyers play to the Caps, and Pengus. Yeah, keep thinking the Flyers play exactly the same as those two, you'll only make it a shorter series.
Series isn't over yet, although awfully close. My man Giroux getting it done.

I hope San Jose is able to bang up Chicago a bit if we are to meet at the big dance.
Stupid Sharks are good for nothing.

I hope the break will cool down the Blackhawks.

Wow I can't believe sharks got swept, they deserved a better fate. Now all philly has to do is finish off those habs and keep that bonehead carcillo out of the lineup and I'll be happy.
Did you guys see the end of the Sweden vs. Germany game at the World Championhips? I don't care if the Swedish coach's intentions were pure, it is absolutely ridiculous what he did.
This year I had no reason to watch the IIHF games.

Blackhawks here we come. Everyone's already counting us out (rightfully so), I hope we can prove them wrong. If I dip at Anime North on Saturday, you guys know why, kay?
Yo, Michael Leighton, I love you and all bro, but stop a puck once in a while, kay?
Crying Always next year guys...
I believe the flyers still have a great chance, they have been very good at the Wachovia center. Leighton made all the stops he had to, Eager's was a snipe.
Tomorrow makes or breaks the season for us. Damn.
Doesn't matter if we lose tomorrow, or Friday. I will likely be in tears... This has been a very long and trying season, and to lose it all in a game 6 or 7, heart-breaking.
This is the end my friends...
That was such an awkward, disappointing ending.
It's kind of depressing to go out the way we did.
(Jun. 08, 2010  11:01 PM)To Wrote: Doesn't matter if we lose tomorrow, or Friday. I will likely be in tears... This has been a very long and trying season, and to lose it all in a game 6 or 7, heart-breaking.

True, but philly made it further than the other 28 teams lol, you should be ecstatic. The ending was somewhat anti-climatic, but it's definitely a goal I'll remember.

Can't believe it's all over, at least we still have the draft to look forward to. Oh and of course the world cup, FORZA ITALIA!
Homer is rumored to be in the works to get a goalie. An actual goalie.

We haven't had one of those since Bernie Parent in the 70's (sorry Hextall).
Kovalchuk resigns with the Devils. What a drama-queen.

In other, more important news, Simon Gagne has been traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning.

[Image: 67366.jpg]

1998-2010

You never wore the C, but you were the face of this franchise for the past decade. Without you we wouldn't have been Eastern Conference champions, and without you this team will never be the same.
The Leafs are surprising me with how poorly they've been lately. I still expect them to make the playoffs, but I was originally thinking 6, now it'll likely be a battle for 8.

As for my guys, welp, in Bobrovosky we trust. Go ninja go.
Haha, I was actually thinking about bringing back this thread the other day.

(Nov. 12, 2010  2:09 AM)To Wrote: The Leafs are surprising me with how poorly they've been lately. I still expect them to make the playoffs, but I was originally thinking 6, now it'll likely be a battle for 8.

As for my guys, welp, in Bobrovosky we trust. Go ninja go.

The Leafs are hopeless. I don't understand how an entire team can just stop scoring all of a sudden, and so consistently too.

Coyotes are hanging in there! LaBarbera played well last night.

also lol kovalchuk
Oh well, after a championship a team gets 5 years to cruise. Blackhawks, get yer 5 in. Also, White Sox, time's up, get goin'
The Leafs have no secondary scoring. MacCarthur is leading the team with 16 points lol. Amazing comeback last night though over Nashville. I expect this year's leafs to be a really streaky team.

I really hope they take it to New Jersey tomorrow. The Kovalchuk contract will end up haunting that team for years I believe.

Oh and To, you have to be impressed with Giroux. That kid is a rising star no doubt.
Beyonomics miraculously reappears! Gasp

(Nov. 17, 2010  8:46 PM)Beyonomics Wrote: The Leafs have no secondary scoring. MacCarthur is leading the team with 16 points lol. Amazing comeback last night though over Nashville. I expect this year's leafs to be a really streaky team.

They badly need a real number one centre. But yeah, that certainly was an exciting game! I still can't believe that one error Grabovski made actually happened in the NHL though. I remember in house league always being told to never pass it in front of the net in that kind of situation! Ah well, at least he redeemed himself later on.
Yeah Giroux is going to be a beast. Bobby Clarke infamously forgot his name when the team drafted him, I don't think anyone in the organization doesn't know his name now.

Our goal tending has been pretty good too (despite the recent two game slide), which has been a pleasant surprise since coming into this season, I expected the worst.

Another pleasant surprise, the terrible Devils. It's good to see them suck so much.
(Nov. 18, 2010  1:19 AM)Kei Wrote: Beyonomics miraculously reappears! Gasp
Haha yeah man, just been crazy busy with school. Looking forward to watching the leafs this season though! If anything it will be interesting to watch Kadri develop given that they don't bury him in the minors...

(Nov. 20, 2010  1:26 AM)To Wrote: Another pleasant surprise, the terrible Devils. It's good to see them suck so much.
To your so right, it has been great. One of the most successful franchises in the last decade and now they sit in 29th place. If only something like that could happen to detroit aha.