The Hockey thread of CBC dying with this finals match up

(May. 09, 2012  1:52 AM)To Wrote: Hello Golf Season Unhappy

That's what you get for drinking the "Devils are boring" Koolade! LOL

I saw some awesome displays of discipline, faaaaaaar from boring, my friend. Didn't think we had enough to beat you guys, but there's always next season, right?
I still stand by my comment. Devils are boring.
And so do all the teams that are jealous of our success over the years. One guy writes it in Toronto way back when and everyone says "Yeah!" and it stuck ever since.

Cliche

I don't usually watch Devils games, but I mean ... with guys like Parise and Kovalchuk, they can't be that boring! They didn't retaliate against all of the physical aspects of the Flyers game (unlike the Penguins, and we know what happened to them), so maybe they were "boring" from that perspective, but if I were a Devils fan, I'd take the series win over any of that carp.
Y'all should've taken a Patrick Roy route and said they can't hear my boring complaints over the Stanley Cup rings in their ears.
(May. 11, 2012  5:18 AM)To Wrote: Y'all should've taken a Patrick Roy route and said they can't hear my boring complaints over the Stanley Cup rings in their ears.

"I" don't have any Stanley Cup rings; I'm a Coyotes fan. Unhappy

(of course, that's going to change this year, though!)
Doesn't matter who wins the East, I lose.
The Kings are starting to piss me off. Really. They just get on my nerves. I love the guys. They're a damn good team in the playoffs. But they're gonna give me a heart attack with all of this laughing. An eight seed will likely win the Stanley Cup, given the competition they've utterly beaten on.
I would be salty seeing Richards and Carter win the Stanley Cup the year after they got traded, but as I said earlier, whoever wins the east is a loss for the Atlantic Division.
I see I'm not the only one completely bored with the finals.
Meh. I like the Kings, but...this isn't even a series. The Kings came out the better team, even if it is/isn't a fluke. They haven't lost on the road yet, and they've only lost 2 overall. (That's backwards.) Anyway, the series is essentially over. Ah, well. It was a great run for the Kings. I also got great pleasure from the angry Kings fans after Shaquille O'Neal mentioned that the Staples Center would be empty after the Lakers and Clippers lost in the NBA. That's when I REALLY started backing the Kings as more than a nice little story and a joke. Frankly, the playoffs were unsatisfying past the 2nd round. That said, maybe Phoenix will get an owner. They've been doing pretty well of late.
The Rangers lost...yay!

Let's Go Islanders XD

...Tired don't look at me like that. Atleast they aren't as bad as the Oilers...

The Devils (as much as I don't prefer that team) are making an impressive comeback, and it isn't like I am a Kings fan, so here is to the Devils! Don't give up!
You say they're making a comeback yet get smoked 6-1, lol.
I posted that before their disgusting performance the other night, haha. Its kind of a shame really. I was looking foward to some underdog winning action. Oh well....
It didn't help the Devils cause that he refs were in on the first four goals, though.
Please tell me you're being honest LOL The script was written at the beginning of the playoffs. The Devils just had to mess up Gary Betman's master plan by ousting the Blue Skirts so he went to plan B and the Kings won.
(Jun. 13, 2012  10:51 PM)KillerSpinner Wrote: Please tell me you're being honest LOL

I am!

How they missed the hit from behind near the benches just prior to the hit on Scuderi is beyond me, and on the fourth goal, one of the refs blocked Elias from reaching Brown, and as a result, they were never able to clear, and the fourth goal went in shortly after that.
I know the Kings were a little bigger, a little faster and a little younger, but not so smart at times. We could have beaten them. They won. They get all the NHL Network and CBC commercials as well as Sports Illustrated special subscription deals. Both teams got away with a call here and there, I just honestly felt that the Kings REALLY got away with a solid handful more than the Devs. More than enough to hoist Stanley's silver. Officiating in general has declined. I just hope they got the real sterling silver deal and not some fake silver plated copy like those ginormous balloons behind DeBoer in LA! LOL