The Hockey thread of CBC dying with this finals match up

We should have one of these. I need a place to vent when SOMEONE tanks and leads the Flyers to being no shows in the playoffs.

Talk about all things hockey, the NHL, AHL, OHL, IIHF, etc. Heck, even talk about your local league. Just don't talk about the video games, there is a forum for that Wink.
I am sick at Hockey, love playing it and watching it but i live in England so don't really get alot lol
3-1 Flames over Leafs, Gustavsson is out, Toskala is in.

I'd be watching something else, but no Centre Ice this year for me.

Welp.
We already have a hockey thread, but it won't let me merge both for some reason.

To Wrote:3-1 Flames over Leafs, Gustavsson is out, Toskala is in.
3-2 right now; can't really fault Gustavsson on any of the goals. Leafs should be winning, but Kiprusoff is amazing.

Hoping that Bryzgalov will have a better game tonight. His last two starts have been poor. 0-0 after the first with Dallas right now, so things are looking good!
Kei, that thread not wanting to merge is a sign. This thread is the one to stay, lol.

The Leafs lose 5-2. Not Toskala's fault for his two goals. And Carrey Price is standing on his head for Montreal.

Live Stream was not working for me durring the Flyer's game (big surprise). So I was blacked out as to what went on there. But I do know Buffalo pulled off a 3-2 win. Welps, you win some, you lose some. The Flyer's six game winning streak comes to an end.
Leafs have less of a reek, and the Flyers need a new rink (or at least new boards).
Hagman is too good.

Phoenix did Bryzgalov a favour last night and finally decided to score some goals haha
The Flyers are slipping. The fanbase is getting on the Stevens hate wagon again.
If the Flyers continue to be basement dwellers you'll probably not be able to talk to me in April.
(Dec. 25, 2009  3:56 AM)To Wrote: If the Flyers continue to be basement dwellers you'll probably not be able to talk to me in April.

ahaha wow, they're almost as bad as the Leafs right now

Was at the Phoenix vs. Leafs game last week where the Leafs lost 6-3. My parents surprised me and I didn't even know I was going until I got in from school! It turns out my Mother got the tickets last minute from a season ticket holder at her work. I was (sort of) shocked to see them score so many goals! Counted 6 Phoenix fans in the entire building LOL.

Going to the boxing day game against Montreal this weekend, cheering for the Leafs this time however!
My parents sprung tickets for the 14th, Leafs Vs. Flyers on me today. Don't know if I want to show.

Goal tending has always been this franchise's problem, and it is always ignored. I was quite fearful of how Emery would do, and I was right to be fearful. The whole team under Laviolette has been poor.

What a piss poor year for the Flyers to be selected to play an outdoors game...
Incredible World Junior game with Canada and the US. Outdoors game tommorrow, I'll watch, and likely cringe.
^ I did cringe.

Tonight begins Team Canada's men's hockey team's Olympic tournament. 9PM EST on CTV Vs. Norway. I expect an easy win, but not as dominating as the women's team.
Yeah those women's games have been incredibly one sided so far lol. Not that I mind though.
In Luongo we trust.
Oh my god this game is beautiful. We're spanking the Russians 7-2 and we're still in the second period.
7-3 now. I still fear the Russians.
I'm not calling it a sealed deal.

But damn it this game makes me feel uplifted. It's prolly really bad for my exam tomorrow, but I can't turn away.
Tomorrow the women go for Gold against the US. Should be close.

Still watching this game because Luo's been weak, and the Russians have potent fire power. This pk is huge.
that was brutal
Tsk tsk Russia, I knew you should have started Bryzgalov (or at least pulled Nabokov at 3-0)! Tongue_out_wink

Really fun game to watch, particularly the first period.
That first period was insane. Twas a good game.

Hopefully they can keep up the intensity for the rest of the matches to bring us back that shiny gold medal.
That third was scary. A pretty boring game up until then, then Slovakia acted up like an Energizer bunny on steroids. Roberto looked sharp when he needed to be, but could have been better. Him looking absolutely happy after the win made me feel good though lol. 3-2 Final for Canada.

Sunday is Canada Vs. USA at 12PM PST, and 3PM EST. That's going to be an insane game, and likely be the most watched event in Canadian history. Initial reports predicted that 25 million in this country could view (tv, radio, internet, cellphone, those live, etc.) the Gold medal game if it was a Canada, and US Final.

Congrats on the Women for once again defeating the US for Gold. They blanked them 2-0
I was pretty nervous myself

I look forward to Sunday's game with bated breath
Uhh I don't really follow hockey, but how come slovenia managed to beat Sweden and almost beat Canada, yet they had to really struggle to beat Norway?
(Feb. 28, 2010  7:35 AM)SK Wrote: Uhh I don't really follow hockey, but how come slovenia managed to beat Sweden and almost beat Canada, yet they had to really struggle to beat Norway?

You forgot to mention they beat Russia. I didn't see their game against Norway, but really, they should have been going home with at least, the bronze medal.