Yes it helps new users!
76.92%
It's not needed
15.38%
No it isn't good...
7.69%
Total: 100% 13 vote(s)
THE D SERIES IN STAMINA

Different variations of the D tip are used at every tournament, and every Blader should have knowledge of the series in order to be more competitive. Now if you look at the Meta, the most common usage of D is on Stamina. Before I start explaining I want to start this here is some FAQ for new Bladers who are newer to this site.

Frequently Asked Questions
What is the tip D?
D stands for Defense

Why is it on Stamina?
D may stand for Defense, but it does not have a lot of defensive power. The WBO Bladers have tested it thoroughly and have found it's primary use to be a Stamina tip.

What are the names of these tips?
WD, D, EWD, BWD, SD, PD, and W2D are the ones used most commonly in Stamina, but for each tip to be effective it must be used with the proper height, weight and etc.

So the main goal of this article is to give the knowledge of D's Stamina to every Blader. Each variation will be explained in detail and afterwards include the best ways to use each tip and conclude it with a list of (possibly) competitive combos, that make great use of the variation of D.

D/SD
This is definitely a tip worth using, but unlike it's succeeder it cannot be used on lower combinations with guaranteed wins. This tip's main usage is on Duo/Phantom (AKA Light and Circular Wheels) and on taller heights. How I can prove this? Look at the Top Tier combination Duo Cygnus 230D. If you were to exchange the 230 for an SA165 (Good with WD) then D would not be able to get to it's full potential.

SD is a smaller designed version of D. It was designed to provide an easy way for tracks such as H145 and SW145 to shine, but it can indeed work the same way as D and spin on tall heights, in fact that is it's main factor.

It is opinion at this point to see which is the better tip. This is a very argued concept though, so both tips are options at this point until further tests prove that one is better.

Overall I have to say D and SD both work and are very much one of the best Stamina tips along with TB, and so if you want to make a tall Stamina combo, then D and SD are some very good options.

Now onto powerful combos with D/SD.
-Duo (Cancer/Cygnus/Hades) 230 D/SD
-Duo (Cancer/Cygnus/Hades) TH170 D/SD

WD Family
As we move onto some more common tips we have the WD family (WD, W2D, EWD, and BWD). These tips are very similar in design, and have similar uses. These are probably the most commonly seen tips in the Winning Combinations thread due to it being on so many Beyblades. Their primary uses are, like most WD tips, on low tracks. Using 230WD won't give you the full Stamina approach as using 230D. The highest most people use is on the track SA165, and this is only because of the track's shape.

EWD like every "Eternal" tip has a metal core inside a plastic outer piece. This is done to provide more Stamina. Despite the "eternal modifications" EWD is to be used in the same way as WD. They are both interchangeable and at this point, just like D and SD, the matter is still being debated.

W2D is another strong Variation of WD. This time, there is an extra tip at the bottom of the tip, but even that doesn't give W2D more Stamina then WD and EWD. It has it's uses on tips, but is ultimately not as reliable as WD of EWD.

BWD is the most different from its family, because of it's bigger design. It has severe imbalance and is not recommended in Standard as much as it is in Zero G, but can still be used as replacements for WD and EWD.

Overall the WD family is a very solid series of tips and every Blader should definitely have multiples of them.

WD and EWD>W2D>BWD

Some powerful combos with the WD Family
-Duo (Cancer/Cygnus/Hades) SA165 WD/EWD
-Duo (Cancer/Cygnus/Hades) W145 WD/EWD
-[MSF(-H)] (Revizer/Genbull/Killerken/Girago) Dragooon SA165[Normal] EWD
-MSF-L Girago Dragooon SA165[Zero-G Attack] EWD

Final Conclusion
These tips are the best tips for Stamina usage in Standard. This was found through various tests and various tournament results. The D family has uses in other types such as RDF for defense, but these specific tips that were mentioned are best in Stamina. So the conclusion from all tests and tournament results is that the D series is by far the best series of tips for Stamina.

On High Tracks
D and SD>WD Family

On Low Tacks
D and SD<WD Family
D has almost no use in Defense, despite its name.

Phantom is no longer top tier for Stamina.

All of this is already known, so I don't get the importance of this thread.
Adding on to what Echizen said, I swear I remember seeing a thread just like this from a year before?
(Jul. 03, 2014  10:23 PM)Echizen Wrote: D has almost no use in Defense, despite its name.

Phantom is no longer top tier for Stamina.

All of this is already known, so I don't get the importance of this thread.
RDF has use in Defense. Not anything else as I stated.

It's meant to help out newer users who come onto the WBO wanting to learn some stuff.

(Jul. 03, 2014  10:25 PM)LMAO Wrote: Adding on to what Echizen said, I swear I remember seeing a thread just like this from a year before?
I made a thread like this. Ingulit closed, because it had bad info, and told me to reopen it once I got the right info.
Actually, as far as test results we have now go, SD theoretically performs better overall than D on 230 Stamina setups. Granted, results differ and the condition of the Bottoms is extremely crucial and liable to skew results in some way, but saying that SD has less Stamina than D is simply incorrect in most cases.

Again, it's a complex subject, but the bulk of the testing and experiences we have from past players actually indicates that SD is slightly superior to D. I'm not saying that statement is indefinitely reliable (especially as there's been quite a bit of controversy over this subject recently, and I have seen a few sets of results that oppose the idea), but at the very least there isn't much evidence to suggest that D is any better than SD is. At least not enough to write it off as fact.

Just as a pointer, I'd definitely list W2D as an option for the Dragooon SA165 zombies if you're gonna put WD/BWD in there.
I added some things on D and SD. I am going to work on adding W2D by tomorrow after some testing.
Not sure if you were making a full list of D tips in the section of the OP, if you are- you left out DS, EDS, and PD.
(Jul. 04, 2014  1:18 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Not sure if you were making a full list of D tips in the section of the OP, if you are- you left out DS, EDS, and PD.
I was putting down the most commonly used ones, and I had PD.
U listed RDF twice
Under "Why is it on Stamina," I would remove, "(...)it may have a lot of defensive power(...).

Don't wanna misinform people Uncertain
If I recall correctly, WD is better for stamina than EWD against another right spin Beyblade & EWD preforms best on left spin (or against an opposite spinning Beyblade). I would mention something about that. Additionally, this is sort of my personal opinion, but I don't believe BWD is severely off-balance. I've used it on Duo in standard & it's performed just fine. Maybe not as great as WD, but the difference isn't "severe."
I agree with TSO, BWD isn't as good as either of those.
If Right Rotation (tall track)EWD is hit by a fairly low Left Spin, it will gain more speed at the cost of possible recoil.
(Jul. 04, 2014  1:18 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Not sure if you were making a full list of D tips in the section of the OP, if you are- you left out DS, EDS, and PD.

DS and EDS are S series tips. Usually the last letter is the type of tip and the first one/two are adjectives. By this logic RDF is an F series tip but it has a lot of usage in Spin-equalizers that I think it should stay.

(Jul. 04, 2014  4:00 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: If I recall correctly, WD is better for stamina than EWD against another right spin Beyblade & EWD preforms best on left spin (or against an opposite spinning Beyblade). I would mention something about that.

In my experiences, EWD is better for Stamina. It outspins my WDs consistently in mirror matches, and also has a higher solo spin time. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but it's most likely just due to natural variance (like almost every other free spinning part). I almost always go EWD over WD because of the added opposite spin advantage.

It's kind of like the whole D vs. SD thing where different people get different results. IMO EWD > WD, and D > SD on tall tracks if only by a small margin. Anyone's welcome to disagree, but for the OP's sake we should probably say that they can be used interchangeably.
(Jul. 04, 2014  7:06 AM)Wombat Wrote:

DS and EDS are S series tips. Usually the last letter is the type of tip and the first one/two are adjectives. By this logic RDF is an F series tip but it has a lot of usage in Spin-equalizers that I think it should stay.

I guess it's a matter of opinion in the end, then. My bad about that, though, it could go either way.
(Jul. 04, 2014  7:06 AM)Wombat Wrote: In my experiences, EWD is better for Stamina. It outspins my WDs consistently in mirror matches, and also has a higher solo spin time. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but it's most likely just due to natural variance (like almost every other free spinning part). I almost always go EWD over WD because of the added opposite spin advantage.

It's kind of like the whole D vs. SD thing where different people get different results. IMO EWD > WD, and D > SD on tall tracks if only by a small margin. Anyone's welcome to disagree, but for the OP's sake we should probably say that they can be used interchangeably.
Yeah, seems like most people feel that way, although I had an experience at the last official tournament I went to where Leone19 & I were both using Earth Cancer AD145 but I used EWD & he used WD. Launched as hard as possible every match & he still won every one by a significant margin. Did a little testing afterwards & I've only used EWD for left spin ever since.
There's always the possibility that it could be my mold though.
(Jul. 04, 2014  7:06 AM)Wombat Wrote: ...it's most likely just due to natural variance (like almost every other free spinning part)...

^This.

My EWDs, for instance, die hard against a good Wide Defense Bottom in a pure same-spin Stamina matchup almost 100% of the time. It all depends on the quality of the bearing.

Generally, they are interchangeable.
For pure stamina they are.
So I will just write that EWD and WD are interchangeable just as D and SD.

Also I have no experience with PD so if someone can help me by telling me it's uses.
(Jul. 04, 2014  4:35 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: So I will just write that EWD and WD are interchangeable just as D and SD.

Also I have no experience with PD so if someone can help me by telling me it's uses.

Duo 160PD, there you go.
(Jul. 04, 2014  4:36 PM)Ocean Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2014  4:35 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: So I will just write that EWD and WD are interchangeable just as D and SD.

Duo 160PD, there you go.
So mid-sized tracks is what it works best on?
That hasn't exactly been confirmed, as it's a relatively uncommon part and hasn't been tested much (if at all) on anything besides 160.

So it's hard to say. All we really know for sure is that it works very well on 160. IIRC, Dark_Mousy actually tried it once a long while back on 230 and loved it, but don't quote me on that. We gotta get him over here and ask.
(Jul. 04, 2014  4:50 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: That hasn't exactly been confirmed, as it's a relatively uncommon part and hasn't been tested much (if at all) on anything besides 160.

So it's hard to say. All we really know for sure is that it works very well on 160. IIRC, Dark_Mousy actually tried it once a long while back on 230 and loved it, but don't quote me on that. We gotta get him over here and ask.
Ok then for now I'll just put more tests are needed.

Anyways I added a W2D section, and a couple of < and > in each section.
I still think BWD is better than W2D.
I use PD sometimes on 145 instead of WD. It's shaped like D but much wider & seems to perform as well as WD, if not a tad better.
I think they are interchangeable.

Actually, it doesn't have that same LAD. So it can't beat Dragooon.