Raleigh Convention Center
500 South Salisbury Street
  Room 305 A/B
10:00 AM on 07/23/2022
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
3on3

Three Beyblades are prepared for each First Stage match, with all three being used.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

COVID Policies

[Image: IMG_4352_34bd0e37-5a9d-426a-9d68-3c85077...1633194252]

DARK CONTINENT

It’s time Beyblade community! Four-Gaming is hosting our first annual event. Whether you’ve been following The Circuit or if this is your first time hearing about it, Dark Continent will awaken soon! With a big cash prize to draw in some of the most competitive Bladers around, come out and enjoy an epic experience! Located this year at Raleigh's Convention Center. Here is a Link to their site for navigation details.

Test your skills in 3on3 battles within WBO Ranked format. 

This will be a 2 day event in conjunction with Michael Nightwing’s Blader’s Kingdom hosted on Sunday, July 24th.

The Circuit 

The Circuit is a competitive series of Beyblade Tournaments created and managed by Four-Gaming. The series is designed to draw out competitive Bladers to battle for the exclusive title of Legendary Blader. 

The series of tournaments will all lead to a season finale which is “Dark Continent”! Four-Gaming annual event with the highest level of competition. 

Prizes

1st Place: Legendary Blader, $500.00USD Visa Gift Card, 1st place Trophy & Medal

2nd Place: Elite-Pro Blader, $100 Four-Gaming Gift Card, 2nd place Trophy & Medal

3rd Place: Pro-Blader, $50 Four-Gaming Gift Card, 3rd Place Trophy & Medal

4th Place: $25 Four-Gaming Gift Card, Dark Continent Medal

5th-8th Place: 20% off Discount Codes to Four-Gaming and Dark Continent Medals

Spread the word!

Itinerary

Saturday July 23rd: “Dark Continent”

10:00-10:50 AM: On Site Registration (Please arrive early as parking can be chaotic. There is a parking deck directly across from the Convention Center on Lenoir  street)

10:50-11:00 AM: Announcements and Rule Overviews

11:00 AM: Prompt Tournament start time (arriving late will make you ineligible to compete)

4:00PM (Approximate): Tournament End time.

4:00PM-07:00PM: Free Play (YuGiOh, Pokemon, Beyblade)

7:00PM-9:00PM: Secondary Tournament (Invite Only)

Sunday July, 24th

Cosplay

Feel free to dress up as your favorite anime character, Beyblade or not, just keep it family friendly 😎. 

AFTER TOURNAMENT FREE PLAY

Pokémon & YuGiOh

With most to all Beyblade tournaments we will have an area for free play during the event. However, free play will be limited so participants can be attentive and hear when their names are called to compete. This will help the event flow better so we can overall enjoy our time. A practice area will definitely be available.

Since we will be playing inside, after the tournament is over, participants are welcome to stay a little longer and enjoy free play with either Beyblade, Pokemon or YuGiOh. I am a big nerd and enjoy the TCG life also. There are many coming who still are a part of the YuGiOh competitive scene, so if you have your deck ready please feel free to bring it 😎.

Location Layout
Room 305 A/B

[Image: Screen_Shot_2022-05-27_at_1.31.20_PM_900...1653673885]

LOCAL FOOD, HOTELS & VENUES

PLACES TO EAT

Here are a few nice restaurants in the area to visit. There is a McDonalds close by for a quick lunch but if you have time there are some nice restaurants to enjoy on vacation.

There are many other great places to eat. Raleigh is quite diverse with food and culture.

HOTELS

Here is a Full List of local hotels in the area. Feel free to choose what works best for you.

Venues & Things To Do

As mentioned before there are TON's of fun things to do if you are staying in town for a while or just want to explore. Raleigh, NC is my home city so please feel free to contact me via email at contact.us@four-gaming.com and I can help you out with any questions you may have. 😎

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 24, 2022  2:02 AM)originalzankye Wrote: Great job everyone! Wonderful event to attend and was great to meet everyone and best of luck to everyone in NC for future events FourGaming knocked it out of the park

It was great meeting you too
Pics: https://nightwingsloft.com/event-photos/...our-gaming
We had an amazing time at the tournament. Thank you FourGaming for putting together a great experience for me and my family. I love being a part of the Bey world because everyone is so personable, hospitable and truly great people. Looking forward to the next event.
Thank you all so so much for coming out. Words can not express our gratitude. I will upload the spreadsheet, tournament details and reports in the coming week. I am a bit exhausted not. But thank you to all judges and fellow organizers for helping me get through this, I am sincerely appreciative. We had so much fun beyond the competition with just being around the Beyblade community 💯. Hope everyone made it home safely.
Here is the spreadsheet for the event
I know I'm late but I had a joyous time at Dark Continent on Saturday. Everyone was in great spirits and Four Gaming you guy's rocked!! I mean everything ran smooth except for my combos lol. No, the atmosphere allowed me to feel like I was at home at a tournament. I think that's what guided me to another victory!! James And The Four-Gaming Staff Thank's for the opportunity!! Also I hope to see all of you Bladers that attended again in the future!! The Champ Has Spoken❤✊🏾
I feel like after all has been said and done, I owe the judges at this event an apology at the barest of minimums. In a previous (and now redacted post) I called out one of the judges for not abiding by or recognizing a relaunch I had called the moment the launch was made. Though I felt robbed at the time, it was still well beyond anything I should have done to make a public callout post regarding it, and I deeply regret taking that course of action now that I've returned home and had time to think and reflect on it.

After reviewing the footage of that launch, which has finally found its ways into my hands, my relaunch call wasn't even audible over the judge shouting "let it rip". I can only come to the conclusion from this that the call was never heard, resulting in what I perceived as an error at the time but is nothing more than an honest mistake at best, my own fault for not being loud enough at worst. I can't possibly fault the judge for this, it's unfair to the uttermost.

I offer my sincerest apologies to the judges, to StayCool as the organizer of this wonderful event, and to anyone else I've dishonored as a result of this mistake. I promise to do better next time, and to try and seek out either organizers of the events in question to ask about these issues directly with them or WBO staff in a private capacity should I encounter an error like this again.

You guys didn't deserve that, especially not given all the hard work and dedication behind this massive event, from the stadiums to the bey store in the corner to the professionally handled bracket. Every single thing you guys did helped make this event run smoothly, and as a fellow Organizer I have nothing but respect for what you guys accomplished out there with so many participants. I know that running a bracket this large is no easy feat! Even if I felt bummed on my two hours of sleep the night before, it was still massively fun and super exciting to participate in another region's meta, and I hate to have it soured with such a note as this.

I know this is little to help undo what I've done, but please accept my apologies and keep rockin' in Raleigh. You guys deserve a lot more than I gave back.
Here's the video from the event:
(Jul. 26, 2022  7:10 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I feel like after all has been said and done, I owe the judges at this event an apology at the barest of minimums. In a previous (and now redacted post) I called out one of the judges for not abiding by or recognizing a relaunch I had called the moment the launch was made. Though I felt robbed at the time, it was still well beyond anything I should have done to make a public callout post regarding it, and I deeply regret taking that course of action now that I've returned home and had time to think and reflect on it.

After reviewing the footage of that launch, which has finally found its ways into my hands, my relaunch call wasn't even audible over the judge shouting "let it rip". I can only come to the conclusion from this that the call was never heard, resulting in what I perceived as an error at the time but is nothing more than an honest mistake at best, my own fault for not being loud enough at worst. I can't possibly fault the judge for this, it's unfair to the uttermost.

I offer my sincerest apologies to the judges, to StayCool as the organizer of this wonderful event, and to anyone else I've dishonored as a result of this mistake. I promise to do better next time, and to try and seek out either organizers of the events in question to ask about these issues directly with them or WBO staff in a private capacity should I encounter an error like this again.

You guys didn't deserve that, especially not given all the hard work and dedication behind this massive event, from the stadiums to the bey store in the corner to the professionally handled bracket. Every single thing you guys did helped make this event run smoothly, and as a fellow Organizer I have nothing but respect for what you guys accomplished out there with so many participants. I know that running a bracket this large is no easy feat! Even if I felt bummed on my two hours of sleep the night before, it was still massively fun and super exciting to participate in another region's meta, and I hate to have it soured with such a note as this.

I know this is little to help undo what I've done, but please accept my apologies and keep rockin' in Raleigh. You guys deserve a lot more than I gave back.

I appreciate your apology 🙏🏾. The judges did work extremely hard and were fair across the board. We aren't perfect by any means but we all did our best to make the right calls and relied on each other to double and even triple check that we were all good. I have seen the video also and it's all good. I know and spoke with the judge of your match and you may not know this but he also double checked the rule book in regards to relaunches. He did not want you to be robbed of anything either, so he wanted to confirm everything was legit. Just know for the future, regarding yourself or anyone, if there is a miscall or mistake at any of my hosted events we will do our best and fix it on the spot. Had he heard you request the relaunch or saw your bey unintentionally fall of the launcher he would have redone the battle 100%. He is a solid guy. 

Once again I appreciate the apology and hope to see you and your team next year. Practice up and be ready 😎
(Jul. 26, 2022  3:05 PM)StayCool Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2022  7:10 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I feel like after all has been said and done, I owe the judges at this event an apology at the barest of minimums. In a previous (and now redacted post) I called out one of the judges for not abiding by or recognizing a relaunch I had called the moment the launch was made. Though I felt robbed at the time, it was still well beyond anything I should have done to make a public callout post regarding it, and I deeply regret taking that course of action now that I've returned home and had time to think and reflect on it.

I appreciate your apology 🙏🏾. The judges did work extremely hard and were fair across the board. We aren't perfect by any means but we all did our best to make the right calls and relied on each other to double and even triple check that we were all good. I have seen the video also and it's all good. I know and spoke with the judge of your match and you may not know this but he also double checked the rule book in regards to relaunches. He did not want you to be robbed of anything either, so he wanted to confirm everything was legit. Just know for the future, regarding yourself or anyone, if there is a miscall or mistake at any of my hosted events we will do our best and fix it on the spot. Had he heard you request the relaunch or saw your bey unintentionally fall of the launcher he would have redone the battle 100%. He is a solid guy. 

Once again I appreciate the apology and hope to see you and your team next year. Practice up and be ready 😎

Trust me I will. I wasn't aware that he double checked the rules (though it makes me wonder if he did hear me, not that I think it matters much at all by this point. Might've been asking because of my "no relaunch then?" comment and wondering where it came from?). Either way it is what it is, all I can do is try and do better in the future. I don't think he actually had any ill intent behind the decision, and I feel utterly terrible for thinking he did.
(Jul. 26, 2022  5:45 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Trust me I will. I wasn't aware that he double checked the rules (though it makes me wonder if he did hear me, not that I think it matters much at all by this point. Might've been asking because of my "no relaunch then?" comment and wondering where it came from?). Either way it is what it is, all I can do is try and do better in the future. I don't think he actually had any ill intent behind the decision, and I feel utterly terrible for thinking he did.

I’m quite certain he didn’t hear you. He had no I’ll intent. As you’ve said, even on the video nothing was heard at all. The rules looked up were just for memory reassurance to clarify no mistakes were made and you were treated fairly. Even in the event that you did request a relaunch loud and clear it is still possible to be denied if the judge observed your launch to be free of any fault. There are only 2 instances for a relaunch but your launch looked powerful and there was no obstruction regarding contact from your opponent. Sometimes, and I’m not saying this happened in your case, but players will self KO and request a relaunch but the fault is on the Blader and not the launcher. There is a rule for this as well. 

From the Burst Standard Rulebook:

Relaunching

If your launch is obstructed or noticeably underpowered due to an event beyond your control, you can request a relaunch, which will immediately void and end the current round.
The primary reasons you’d want to request a relaunch are:

● Your launcher malfunctions in a way that causes your launch to be underpowered

● You are accidentally hit or shoved by the opposing player or a spectator

Bladers must request a relaunch during the countdown or immediately afterwards. The judge may deny the request if they determine that you were at fault.
(Jul. 26, 2022  5:45 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2022  3:05 PM)StayCool Wrote: I appreciate your apology 🙏🏾. The judges did work extremely hard and were fair across the board. We aren't perfect by any means but we all did our best to make the right calls and relied on each other to double and even triple check that we were all good. I have seen the video also and it's all good. I know and spoke with the judge of your match and you may not know this but he also double checked the rule book in regards to relaunches. He did not want you to be robbed of anything either, so he wanted to confirm everything was legit. Just know for the future, regarding yourself or anyone, if there is a miscall or mistake at any of my hosted events we will do our best and fix it on the spot. Had he heard you request the relaunch or saw your bey unintentionally fall of the launcher he would have redone the battle 100%. He is a solid guy. 

Trust me I will. I wasn't aware that he double checked the rules (though it makes me wonder if he did hear me, not that I think it matters much at all by this point. Might've been asking because of my "no relaunch then?" comment and wondering where it came from?). Either way it is what it is, all I can do is try and do better in the future. I don't think he actually had any ill intent behind the decision, and I feel utterly terrible for thinking he did.

The judge from your match only looked up the rules for it AFTER your comment had been posted. He heard someone mention the comment and so he looked the rule up and then watched the video again to see if he did anything wrong. He had brought it to my attention and by then we determined that it was something to deal with after the event was over. But by then shindog had responded to you, so we did t see the need to say anything else.
This matches for event have now been processed.