Jun

The 100 Yard-S

Philadelphia, PA
FDR Park
1800 Pattison Ave
  Near the baseball diamonds, across the street from the skate park.
12:00 PM on 06/22/2019
Hosted by
  Wombat
Contact Host
Format
Burst Classic

Selected Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Howdy everyone, time for another Classic tournament. Similarly to the last Classic tournament, this event will not be ranked, since the experimental period is extended until the end of June. Most of the rules for Burst Format apply, but there are a few additional rules that I strongly encourage you to read up on before attending.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A BURST CLASSIC FORMAT TOURNAMENT. THAT MEANS SOME PARTS ARE BANNED. Check out the banlist, as well as additional rules about the format, in the first post of this thread. In addition to what is stated in the thread, there is an experimental banlist for this tournament:
  • All Dash Drivers except Accel' and Zephyr' may be used.
  • Atomic-S may not be used, in line with the ruling that all Drivers and their Slingshock counterparts are considered the same part in Deck Format.
Copies of this banlist will be available at the tournament, so if there are any questions, just ask.

Location: FDR Park, near the baseball diamonds and across the street from the skate park.
[Image: gi7WvaT.jpg]
(shoutout to Jimmyjazz39 for the map)

Participant L-word: (29)
Ardmore Bladers
Wombat
The CEO of Wemmans (bladekid)
YamiPoyoChan
DeceasedCrab
//RequiemBlader2
Brad0707
Makai11
kade11
shota
JaseemJack
Jay Rock
Klaus
Noah567
blitzflare
Ghost34
BeyBreaker Boi
Ryan1221
BeybladePhilly
MadaMan
Nico77
DeadFlame
Andres DeJesus
The Inevitable
PrankstaGangsta
IfritorBahamut
JesusVara1
GeistFafnirboss
Ollie9
Xzordy

If you can make it to the event, make sure you post here and click the blue "Join Tournament" button at the top of the page!

Prizes:
Kaiser Kerbeus Limited Press
Obelisk Odin Triple Xtreme
Anubion A2 Yell Orbit

Side Notes
Please be aware of your belongings: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time: Registration will begin at 11:00 AM. The tournament will begin promptly at 12:00 PM and is expected to run for about 3-4 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

All questions about this tournament may be asked in this thread.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Looks epicc!
Hey everyone, since the Classic Banlist is still in an experimental stage, and changing from event to event, here's a PNG version of the Banlist document that will be available at the tournament, that says what is legal at this event:

EDIT: If you need help figuring out what category your parts fall under, I would recommend checking out these articles on Beyblade Wiki:
Takara Tomy Burst Product List
Hasbro Burst Product List
Single/Dual Layer Parts
God/Evolution Layer System Parts
Cho Z/Turbo Layer System Parts
GT Layer System Parts

Also, I'll have some things to sell at the tournament. Keep in mind that some of the Beyblades/parts I'm selling are not legal in Burst Classic, so before you go to use a part, make sure that it isn't banned first.
  • Random Booster 5 (100% Burst Classic legal) - $15 each
  • Random Booster 13 & 15 (some parts may be banned) -$15 each
  • MFB Random Booster 5 (100% MFB Limited legal) - $10 each
  • Royal King Spriggan - $40
  • A bunch of spare parts - anywhere from $2 to $10 depending on the part

Due to some of my parts being stolen at the last event, I won't be lending out parts to borrow this time.
(Jun. 20, 2019  2:11 AM)Wombat Wrote: Due to some of my parts being stolen at the last event, I won't be lending out parts to borrow this time.

Good decision
Does anyone going to the tournament have an extra Zenith disk they'd be willing to trade or sell? I have several duplicate parts available for trade (many discs, TT Bloody Longinus and Orb Egis layers, TT Sword and Quest and Operate, numerous frames including Turn). I've been meaning to get myself a Zenith disk for a while.
Good luck running!
(Jun. 20, 2019  7:31 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Does anyone going to the tournament have an extra Zenith disk they'd be willing to trade or sell? I have several duplicate parts available for trade (many discs, TT Bloody Longinus and Orb Egis layers, TT Sword and Quest and Operate, numerous frames including Turn). I've been meaning to get myself a Zenith disk for a while.

I have an extra Zenith, do you happen to have a spare Wolborg, Hn', or Hasbro Iron/Hunter/Octa you'd be willing to trade?

Also, I updated my previous post with some useful links to Beyblade Wiki for anyone concerned.
I wish I could come maybe next time going to Nj in July so maybe I could go next time
(Jun. 20, 2019  7:48 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2019  7:31 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Does anyone going to the tournament have an extra Zenith disk they'd be willing to trade or sell? I have several duplicate parts available for trade (many discs, TT Bloody Longinus and Orb Egis layers, TT Sword and Quest and Operate, numerous frames including Turn). I've been meaning to get myself a Zenith disk for a while.

I have an extra Zenith, do you happen to have a spare Wolborg, Hn', or Hasbro Iron/Hunter/Octa you'd be willing to trade?

Also, I updated my previous post with some useful links to Beyblade Wiki for anyone concerned.

I have a hasbro Iron, and possibly a spare Wolborg as well if I can find it.
(Jun. 20, 2019  7:48 PM)Wombat Wrote:

I only have one Wolborg and one Hn', but I do have a spare pristine grey/black Hasbro Hunter. And I'm not particularly tied to my Hasbro Iron, though it's my only one. No Octa.
Still, that's 2 of the parts you were looking for.
Will anyone be selling beys
Good luck running tomorrow!
Same, Good Luck To Everyone! Tongue_out
Yay, I can't wait to get Shreked by DGF.P.Xt+. It's gonna be a good time.
(Jun. 22, 2019  4:39 AM)bladekid Wrote: Yay, I can't wait to get Shreked by DGF.P.Xt+. It's gonna be a good time.

The most unseasoned combo of all time has risen!
(Jun. 22, 2019  11:39 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2019  4:39 AM)bladekid Wrote: Yay, I can't wait to get Shreked by DGF.P.Xt+. It's gonna be a good time.

The most unseasoned combo of all time has risen!
Yeah lol, see you in like 2 hours.
Wombat , I’m probably going to be 5-10 minutes late because of the heavy beach traffic.
Hey It was great seeing everybody. I finally got to the top 8 but I lost, even though I had to see a show right after that. :3
Thanks again to Wombat for running another fun tournament!

I got to judge under a third of the matches in this one, so I got to see a lot of matches. Plenty of different kinds of combos running around. My own matches, well, I decided since there were fewer tip limits during this tournament I would experiment. And I paid for that. :)

DC's tournament matches:

Match 1: DGF.D.Xt+ (Loss)
Down.Xt+ is a fine combo; Xt+ is an okay spring but it needs a little burst res. But doing that on opposite spin? Totally foolish. If I'd used Spread or Polish (which I don't have) I would've been fine. Honestly, I don't think I should run DGF, period. Forget burst Res, either go full attack and nail them with Nine (Don't do this) or use a good spin stealing disc.

Match 2: V.H.X' (Loss)
Sometimes you just have to admit to yourself that you can't handle any attack tips faster than Hn'. Maybe Jl' but I don't have that one. X' and Qc' are seemingly uncontrollable by me. I just don't have the attack knack. If I stick with Hn' in the future I'll do better. Anyway I self KOed 2 times with this. Whoops!

Match 3: O2.S (or was it H?).E-S (Win)
I got fed up with my loss streak and went back to what works.

Match 4: DZF.H.Ds' (Loss)
I've tested this numerous times on numerous layers. I honestly believe it's a great combo with a lot of potential. Unfortunately it lost to... Tyros T2 on a non-attack tip. I... there are no words. Tyros is a fairly good balanced layer and I don't know what went wrong.

Match 5: N.D.Xt+
Down.Xt+ is great on same spin. And Neptune is a very good stamina/defense bey. If I'd used this and Orpheus all tournament I would've been fine, none of the beys I faced would've stopped them. Although it hurts to hear hits on it, it just sounds bad.

I had a lot of fun at the tournament. There were a lot of interesting combos running around. A lot of bladers didn't fully understand the format, as usual, and many needed to have which parts are legal and not explained to them. I encourage people to study those ahead of time, but it just doesn't happen usually. A lot of the bladers were also surprised to learn too late that many of the tips and layers they like were actually allowed. Please, everyone, read the tournament rules carefully in each tournament thread!

One major surprise I noticed was Hasbro Press doing an exceedingly good job on stamina/defense. It beats Xt+ on the same layer. That's... that's something! I think we all need to give Press another glance, maybe Yielding. I think we're missing something obvious. Another surprise: Yard-S. I mean, it's Orbit-comparable, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

Wombat continued to surprise people with seemingly insane combos that work far too well. Valkyrie.Armed.Orbit almost exclusively won him his match against Ardmore. What the heck, Wombat! That... what the heck. That's amazing. I knew Atomic could be applied to attack, I never thought to try the same for Orbit.

Like I did in Wombat's last tournament, blitzflare went nuts on the Orpheus O2.*.Eternal-S and made it to the finals. Hooray for Orpheus! Seriously what will it take to convince everyone it's great for classic? IT IS.

We had three bladers make it to the finals who didn't have the three beys required to participate. In the future I think we need to have a proper plan for how to handle this, other than loaning out beys and parts ad hoc, a designated system for this. It makes me incredibly nervous to loan out parts, but for the sake of the tournament progressing I did. Apologies to blitzflare for declining, I already had 4 beys loaned out to Ryan1221 and BeybladePhilly, and it's hard enough keeping track of those. I let Ryan and Philly pick their own combos to borrow and they made, I think Ryan made DGF.D.Xt+, Diomedes D2.K.Hn, and Philly made V.S.R and V2.???.???. Can't remember it too well. It didn't get used though.
I didn't give any suggestions during the matches, that's up to the bladers. Philly ended up needing to borrow a third after Ryan left with the DoomscizorD2.Infinity.Yard-S that served him so well in the first stage that he got to the finals, so at that point I started interfering and suggested they borrow O2.H.E-S. Which worked out well for them. When they got to the third place match they wanted a change of deck so I went all out and let them borrow O2.S.E-S, gG.D.Xt+, and V.H.Hn'. It turns out V.H.Hn' worked very well. Good job on third, Philly!

Not everything was sunshine and roses. We had a lot of bladers who weren't too good at launching on the "Shoot" in "3 2 1 Go Shoot" and we had to go over that a couple of times. Also a couple bladers who kept sticking their hands in the stadium before the match was over. Hey folks, please follow the rules.

When I say "3 2 1 GoShoot!", you launch on Shoot. Not on 1, not on Go, and I'm really confused why both bladers launched on 2 one time. Here is a helpful video guide with similar instructions from Monty Python and the Holy Grail:
https://youtu.be/SNTzOBKs1bA?t=72

One person had to leave so I believe Wombat subbed in someone who was planning to spectate instead, and they borrowed a bey. It actually took them to the finals! So I think "SandPie" on the Challonge bracket https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/The1...S_OFFICIAL was actually BeybladePhilly. As seen on https://challonge.com/100Yard_S_FINALS .

Also: Judges are busy, and also might be tired. If they ask you to please leave them alone, don't make them ask twice. If they refuse to sell you one of their beys, accept their decision and don't continue to harass them. If you ask them a question about a match they're currently judging, that's fine. If you ask them a question about something other than the current match they're judging, that is a real problem; don't do that. If a judge isn't currently judging a match but you want to 1v1 them or ask them a question they don't know the answer to or any number of other things once they've already told you to please leave them alone, that's rude. Seriously do not stress out the judges more than they already are.

I look forward to more Classic tournaments in the future! And I'm very interested to see what the final disposition of the tips are. Xtend+ did very well during this tournament, I expect it won't be back. Destroy' was seemingly only used by me and had little impact; perhaps we'll see more of it in the future although I think that's crazy but I thought using Press was crazy and surprise it's actually good. So what do I know.
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

not needing to do 2 whole pages of this made it easier
(Jun. 23, 2019  1:41 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

Thank you for saying something